Jump to content


Still getting maps on my blocked map list

maps

  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you still being placed on maps you have blocked ? (27 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Are you still being placed on maps you have blocked

  1. YES (7 votes [25.93%])

    Percentage of vote: 25.93%

  2. NO (20 votes [74.07%])

    Percentage of vote: 74.07%

Vote Hide poll

ThorgrimBrenadim #1 Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 33941 battles
  • 538
  • Member since:
    06-22-2012

Ok so this is an issue what is the point of wargamming giving us the option to block certain map or maps of our choice and STILL ! then giving us that map.

 

I have just had a placement on MINES encounter mode south spawn which is the most broken most pathetic map for anything from about tier 5-6 upwards. The inbalance for those spwaning on the south is a true example of the utter incompetence of wargamming firstly half the team start the other side of the water ( water slows speed ) second that group are about as far away from the cap as is possible on the garbage that this map is. 

 

Secondly even those starting on the right side of the water south spawn are still further away from the cap than the enemy who also can get more tanks to the central hill than south spwan can.

this along with the size is why i have this map as the only map blocked yet still wargamming place me on this pile of trash they refuse to fix.

 

So yes a mini rant but also a valid point if wargamming give us the right to block one or two maps dependant on if we have std or premium account then if this feature is not working then wargamming are at fault and need to fix their ****.

 

This is being created to see if others are also still getting maps that they have blocked it might be once in a while it may be daily for now that does not matter, just want to see if others have this issue and if players are then we can look at trying to get wargamming to fix this in a patch.



BQBD #2 Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:28 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 13748 battles
  • 69
  • Member since:
    11-02-2018

Blocked maps are only blocked for standard game mode, assault and encounter if enabled will still put you on the maps you have banned. As it was stated in the patch notes when this feature was added into the game.

 

Also, if I remember correctly, you might see some blocked maps in standard game mode on very low tiers, or is it the case that some lower tier maps cannot be blocked.



eekeeboo #3 Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:29 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 47132 battles
  • 2,519
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010
I believe we highlighted this previously that the Map will only be blocked in its standard form, the variants of the map will not be blocked. To block those maps, you would need to turn off the encounter and assault game modes. 

TomatoShooter #4 Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:35 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1116 battles
  • 206
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014

If you go to the excluded map page there is a little (i) next to "Excluded Maps" if you hover you mouse on that you will see the "rules" for map exclusion:

 

Exclusion only works  for tiers IV to X in standard random battles. Like the people above already mentioned when you got encounter/assault enabled you can and will get the excluded maps.



ThorgrimBrenadim #5 Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:41 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 33941 battles
  • 538
  • Member since:
    06-22-2012

View Posteekeeboo, on 23 October 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

I believe we highlighted this previously that the Map will only be blocked in its standard form, the variants of the map will not be blocked. To block those maps, you would need to turn off the encounter and assault game modes. 

 

This makes zero sense eekeeboo ( not saying you but the rule, and thanks for the quick reply ). I have mines blocked because it is so utterly inbalanced especially on encounter but blocked maps are not blocked ! I think Spock sums that up best "it is illogical captain".

 

I will be honest did not read up because common sense should dictate that if you block a map it is blocked for any mode just as if you have encounter disabled you expect all encounter's to be blocked not just on a certain map.



_zzzz_ #6 Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:45 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 789 battles
  • 71
  • [-4O4-] -4O4-
  • Member since:
    01-12-2019

Reading the patch notes (https://worldoftanks...ease-Notes-1-5/), explains the patch notes.

Spoiler

 



eekeeboo #7 Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:51 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 47132 battles
  • 2,519
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 23 October 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

 

This makes zero sense eekeeboo ( not saying you but the rule, and thanks for the quick reply ). I have mines blocked because it is so utterly inbalanced especially on encounter but blocked maps are not blocked ! I think Spock sums that up best "it is illogical captain".

 

I will be honest did not read up because common sense should dictate that if you block a map it is blocked for any mode just as if you have encounter disabled you expect all encounter's to be blocked not just on a certain map.

That's because the map may be "mines" but it's "mines encounter" - It's a different map in the game because of how the map layout, spawn points etc are. This was a limitation with how the maps system works and we tried to communicate this as much as possible when the feature was introduced :) 



Homer_J #8 Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32802 battles
  • 35,714
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 23 October 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

encounter mode

There is a mahoosive popup when you block a map which quite clearly explains that it only blocks the map in standard mode.

 

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 23 October 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

 

 I have mines blocked because it is so utterly inbalanced especially on encounter but blocked maps are not blocked !

 

If you want to block encounter mode then block encounter mode.  It's that simple.



PowJay #9 Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:27 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 40159 battles
  • 5,491
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012
And here we go again. :facepalm:

xx984 #10 Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:28 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 64461 battles
  • 3,501
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 23 October 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

There is a mahoosive popup when you block a map which quite clearly explains that it only blocks the map in standard mode.

 

 

If you want to block encounter mode then block encounter mode.  It's that simple.

While i personally dont mind mines encounter, or mines at all. Having to block an entire game mode for one map is a bit silly. Encounter is my personal favourite. But there are a few encounter maps which don't work very well at all, Imo mainly empires border. 



PowJay #11 Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:36 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 40159 battles
  • 5,491
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

View Postxx984, on 23 October 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

While i personally dont mind mines encounter, or mines at all. Having to block an entire game mode for one map is a bit silly. Encounter is my personal favourite. But there are a few encounter maps which don't work very well at all, Imo mainly empires border.

I have blocked an entire game mode because I want to block an entire game mode.


 

I have had both Encounter and Assault off for YEARS. The final straw for encounter was when 11 members of my team entered/camped in the valley while only four attempted to go to the base. Put it this way: we did not win! :angry:



xx984 #12 Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:37 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 64461 battles
  • 3,501
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostPowJay, on 23 October 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

I have blocked an entire game mode because I want to block an entire game mode.


 

I have had both Encounter and Assault off for YEARS. The final straw for encounter was when 11 members of my team entered/camped in the valley while only four attempted to go to the base. Put it this way: we did not win! :angry:

I'm not talking about blocking it because you dont want encounter, I'm talking about having to block it if you don't want to see encounter on one specific map



8126Jakobsson #13 Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:39 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 79881 battles
  • 5,427
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View Postxx984, on 23 October 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

While i personally dont mind mines encounter, or mines at all. Having to block an entire game mode for one map is a bit silly. Encounter is my personal favourite. But there are a few encounter maps which don't work very well at all, Imo mainly empires border. 


I don't understand why they left encounter mode on for Empire's when they removed assault. It's the same thing. 



FrantisekBascovansky #14 Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:07 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31621 battles
  • 793
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018
Is it friday already?

vasilinhorulezz #15 Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:36 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 28251 battles
  • 2,039
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014

How many threads that answer all your questions, are already being made so far?

But no, let's make another one. Use the search function people!!!



ThorgrimBrenadim #16 Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:41 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 33941 battles
  • 538
  • Member since:
    06-22-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 23 October 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

There is a mahoosive popup when you block a map which quite clearly explains that it only blocks the map in standard mode.

 

 

If you want to block encounter mode then block encounter mode.  It's that simple.

But I like most encounter maps after all we have very little variety of maps as it is so to disable a particular mode completely is stupid just to help avoid one map.

The fact is Mines should never be used for high tiers, mines encounter is the most rediculous map in the game with the bias so strongly in favour of the north spawn.



Bordhaw #17 Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:48 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 15106 battles
  • 5,071
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 23 October 2019 - 02:22 PM, said:

This is being created to see if others are also still getting maps that they have blocked it might be once in a while it may be daily for now that does not matter, just want to see if others have this issue and if players are then we can look at trying to get wargamming to fix this in a patch.

 



kaneloon #18 Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:53 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 31042 battles
  • 3,807
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011

I fully agree with the OP that is a nonsense to have to block whole battle types just to skip ONE map.

I still have to understand what is the problem with blocking the map in all the battles.



Ringo_Star #19 Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:14 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 61099 battles
  • 126
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
  • Member since:
    11-03-2010

View Posteekeeboo, on 23 October 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

That's because the map may be "mines" but it's "mines encounter" - It's a different map in the game because of how the map layout, spawn points etc are. This was a limitation with how the maps system works and we tried to communicate this as much as possible when the feature was introduced :) 

By the way, you should really look into Mines encounter. It is completly unbalanced and it is terrible gaming experience.



wEight_Tanker #20 Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11099 battles
  • 1,241
  • [VI90M] VI90M
  • Member since:
    11-13-2016
The poll should be: "Have you put Encounter or Assault mode on?", I answered. "No".





Also tagged with maps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users