Still getting maps on my blocked map list

maps

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you still being placed on maps you have blocked ? (27 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Are you still being placed on maps you have blocked

1. YES (7 votes [25.93%])

Percentage of vote: 25.93%

2. NO (20 votes [74.07%])

Percentage of vote: 74.07%

Vote Hide poll

splash_time #21 Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13144 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I blocked the standard prokhorovka, but I still get the encounter mode, and I like it more than the standard!

As @eekeeboo said, this feature just blocks the standard version. 

PowJay #22 Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:41 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40079 battles

View Postxx984, on 23 October 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

I'm not talking about blocking it because you dont want encounter, I'm talking about having to block it if you don't want to see encounter on one specific map

And I'm talking about not having a problem with seeing ANY map (excluded or otherwise) in Encounter or Assault modes. One happy player. :)

vonadnan #23 Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29850 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
Yeah its a bit stupid, but as homer said block the encounter version, of the map I mean, not the mode itself, althou I'v blocked asault 4-5 years a go, because the teams often defended or camped when asaulting and/or pushed way too much when they were defenders.. Which is a shame cose I really like Karelia on asault..

ThorgrimBrenadim #24 Posted 24 October 2019 - 11:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33697 battles

I think this shows just how pathetic wargamming are at doing even the most basic things within the game.

So why no popup "You have chose to block map XXX this will also block this map for encounter mode etc etc do you wish to continue".

This is just as valid as what some have said wargamming do saying it tells you it does not block encounter and IMO it is more valid as blocking something is not to partially block something  but to fully block it.

If you block something guess what YOU BLOCK IT !

After all that is just as valid, if not more valid than how wargamming are doing it.

The point is though that Mines encounter is the worst map balance in the game I do not think this can be IMO I have played all maps all modes many many times and no other map screams out inbalance anywhere near this map. as I said in my original post starting south spawn on the island is a massive handicap for that team you can NOT ! be any further away from the cap if wargamming tried without drowning half a team at the start. 

So yes players should be able to block this map especially for encounter without having to disable all other encounter maps.

wargamming have removed far far too many maps saying they are inbalanced they need reworking players don't like them yet they leave the worst cullprit in the game. They remove variety for players and then suggest we remove even more of the paltry variety we have just for one specific element because they are not capable of doing things right by the player base.

Now there have been a few posters with zero to add just think they are clever putting up a picture and others who hint at rant well ok if it has to become a rant so be it it is way past time wargamming started listening started actually being competent at their job because players are leaving this game at a rate above normal attrition and if we the players do not want to see this game close down then we have to stand up and be counted the only question is when will wargamming listen will they do it in time to save what potentially and yes this is my opinion is the best game on the internet or will they respond only once the horse has bolted the stable gone to live in greener pastures and died of old age?

Edited by ThorgrimBrenadim, 24 October 2019 - 11:32 AM.

MightyBalls_2 #25 Posted 25 October 2019 - 07:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6753 battles
  • [MITY] MITY

View Posteekeeboo, on 23 October 2019 - 03:51 PM, said:

That's because the map may be "mines" but it's "mines encounter" - It's a different map in the game because of how the map layout, spawn points etc are. This was a limitation with how the maps system works and we tried to communicate this as much as possible when the feature was introduced :) 

This is lazy coding if you ask me, all it would have taken is it to pass an array into the block list, for instance if the person blocked a curtain map with standard, encounter & assault having map id's of 12,13 & 14 it should do a check for all 3 within its if (map === [12,13,14]){ map = blocked }

I say sack your developers :p

Edited by MightyBalls_2, 25 October 2019 - 07:51 AM.

malachi6 #26 Posted 25 October 2019 - 08:12 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 23 October 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

This makes zero sense eekeeboo ( not saying you but the rule, and thanks for the quick reply ). I have mines blocked because it is so utterly inbalanced especially on encounter but blocked maps are not blocked ! I think Spock sums that up best "it is illogical captain".

I will be honest did not read up because common sense should dictate that if you block a map it is blocked for any mode just as if you have encounter disabled you expect all encounter's to be blocked not just on a certain map.

There is no such thing as common sense,  There is acquired wisdom, that is learned by doing stuff.  But know that snow is cold and wet; one has to either experience snow or be taught about it.

As to lazy coding.  For it to be such there would have to have been a decision not to include other game modes based upon effort.  Also, given no information regarding the motivation for the system as implemented; such a comment is simply a post hoc fallacy.

Edited by malachi6, 25 October 2019 - 08:16 AM.

Spurtung #27 Posted 25 October 2019 - 08:28 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 74308 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 24 October 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

I think this shows just how pathetic wargamming are at doing even the most basic things within the game.

Fact is, your thread only shows how poor your reading skills are, but that's none of my business.

Also tagged with maps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users