lt lite tonk

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

kaasunaamio #1 Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:14 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25607 battles
  • [SALPA] SALPA

So guys n galz. I started playing AGAIN, as I am into S/M.

I'm not a big shot playa but I think I know the basics.

Now, I have made an observation or maybe even two.

1. Light tanks are playing as passive snipers. Providing no useful vision. Then we lose 3-15. And this includes players with significant amount of played games.

2. It seems that many high wn8 players tend to prefer to lose and just farm damage.

Any insights?

Slyspy #2 Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14703 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The first is because WG introduced a class (wheeled vehicles) which directly counters the weakest class in the game (light tanks). These players are merely adapting to the new game, as advised by so many.

The second is something which has always happened - players of all abilities chase stats. 

Neodymium9 #3 Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19775 battles
This is the light tank meta: go wv or go home,they gonna outspot your whole time in less than 10 seconds on most maps and you can't hit them because they drive around at 100km/hour,and even if you do hit them it's gonna be critical hit  :trollface:

divsmo #4 Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37022 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
I play mostly lights and the amount of teams that expect you to suicide just to spot a few tanks is crazy. The meta has shifted with lights and made it so that it's much more important to try and be alive in the late game meaning you have to llay passively early on.

Can see myself shifting to medium tanks fairly soon as in most games i play at the moment i end up feeling that i would have done a lot better in a medium.

ChristOfTheAbyss #5 Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 251 battles

View Postkaasunaamio, on 23 October 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

1. Light tanks are playing as passive snipers. Providing no useful vision. Then we lose 3-15. And this includes players with significant amount of played games.

2. It seems that many high wn8 players tend to prefer to lose and just farm damage.

Any insights?

High wn8 players just happen to win more than others, yet prefer to lose over farming damage? So which is it?

AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE #6 Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3693 battles
  • [WOTI-] WOTI-

A player is free to do what they please with there tank like or not ,plus there is no team dmg ;).

What's your definition of high wn8 ?? 2900+ ," tend to prefer to lose and just farm damage" what does this even mean someone is shooting enemy tanks lowering there hp +killing equal losing what ???

- your survival rate is 26% that is incredibly low that explains this whole topic you get mad when teammates are not yolo suicide like you i guess .

Edited by AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE, 23 October 2019 - 05:25 PM.

barison1 #7 Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 43999 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

if im passive scouting and total team ignores spotted targets im more useful for the team to go elsewhere and farm damage, besides on plenty maps there is barely anything to spot for the entire game as HT/MT reached their corridors, only after those corridors are cleared a LT can rush some backline position where all TD camp and light those up. no point in suiciding towards targets that wont or barely get shot at when you rush it early

or when some wheelchair is yoloing across the map it is better to stay back a bit with LT untill they die and then move up to actively light up targets. just because your allied LT doesnt yolorush instantly doesnt mean they are incompetent

Edited by barison1, 23 October 2019 - 05:41 PM.

azakow #8 Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:45 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 83049 battles

View Postbarison1, on 23 October 2019 - 05:40 PM, said:

just because your allied LT doesnt yolorush instantly doesnt mean they are incompetent

^^

This!

NoobySkooby #9 Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:34 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17327 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Any insights?

No insights but this does seem to be the meta now,ofc if you do try to spot,you get instant deleted, and get called out in chat,which is why mine is always off.

20:37 Added after 3 minute

View PostAXIS_OF_RESISTANCE, on 23 October 2019 - 05:21 PM, said:

A player is free to do what they please with there tank like or not ,plus there is no team dmg ;).

What's your definition of high wn8 ?? 2900+ ," tend to prefer to lose and just farm damage" what does this even mean someone is shooting enemy tanks lowering there hp +killing equal losing what ???

- your survival rate is 26% that is incredibly low that explains this whole topic you get mad when teammates are not yolo suicide like you i guess .

Oh but yolo suicide in LT's lighting up all and sundry trying to get those damn arties,is so much fun,earns you credits to apparently,and if you are in the MT 25 in particular you can engage ramming speed:D

Stevies_Team #10 Posted 23 October 2019 - 10:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13575 battles

I'm just after credits

Anything else is gravy

Jimmymack #11 Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5415 battles
I play passive spotter with british lights and all i get is abuse for not spotting early on. i have been pushed out of cover by medium tank players and been taken out. they expect you to go and get killed within the first few minutes of the game. also if you do move forward and spot there is times no one is behind you except for the odd TD. the british tanks are not made for driving about they are commonly tracked by the first hit second hit takes out your engine. then you out the game. also prone to fire no time extinguish.

Ilknur_Ibryam #12 Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:23 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13203 battles
On how many maps you can actually spot? Pro, Mali and Redshire and that is about it...I used to play lights a lot, but some heavies and most meds are better spotters at the map design. I can get more spotting on IS7, rather than on lt100 on all maps.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #13 Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:31 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

I will just leave this image here and you draw your own conclusions. This is from RU and it's a recurrent scenario since last May, June or something like that.

Spoiler

BeefCrtinBandit #14 Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7569 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
wheelies render active tracked scouts useless. The only hope for  a LT to survive is to play in games without them or to passively scout.  Even then, they'll just drive up and spot you and run and you get nuked.  It's really tough to play LTs these days and I don't blame any of them for camping farther and farther. Not to mention the higher tier meds almost outspot you, and heaven forbid you're bottom tier in a TX game.  The IS-7 will spot you from the spawn.  Woof.

Edited by BeefCrtinBandit, 24 October 2019 - 06:01 AM.

Cobra6 #15 Posted 24 October 2019 - 08:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16530 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postkaasunaamio, on 23 October 2019 - 03:14 PM, said:

Any insights?

Many high wn8 players first play front line with their light, but then when their team fails they do a progressive retreat backwards allthewhile doing damage.

At the end of the match they end up close to arty (and still alive as the "last" tank on their team), still doing damage.

And then average and bad players come complain on this forums that high wn8 players snipe in light tanks, not realizing they missed a lot of key information beforehand.

Also, a light tank, due to it's good view range, can indeed snipe *AND* spot at the same time, nothing wrong with that. Since you can't rely on the player-base to do their job in this game, it's best to keep yourself alive and not only do your own job, but also the job of 2-3 other team mates on top of that.

And this is how you get good players, they not only do their own job but also that of multiple other team mates that can't be arsed or are simply incompetent.

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 24 October 2019 - 04:31 AM, said:

I will just leave this image here and you draw your own conclusions. This is from RU and it's a recurrent scenario since last May, June or something like that.

Spoiler

I wonder what has changed in the game which could result in this.......could it perhaps be WG's map redesign where they implement big open killing fields in front of "TD sniper ridges with lots of cover" so playing anything else then a light and trying to cover one of these compulsory fields is suicide?

Could it be that all the frontal corridor engagements against broken armor values is proving to be boring and people want to play something more dynamic?

Could it be that WG's slow but steady catering to bad players is finally starting to take it's toll on the game and biting them in the behind?

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 24 October 2019 - 08:35 AM.

SuNo_TeSLa #16 Posted 24 October 2019 - 08:40 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 49776 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH

View PostCobra6, on 24 October 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

Many high wn8 players first play front line with their light, but then when their team fails they do a progressive retreat backwards allthewhile doing damage.

At the end of the match they end up close to arty (and still alive as the "last" tank on their team), still doing damage.

And then average and bad players come complain on this forums that high wn8 players snipe in light tanks, not realizing they missed a lot of key information beforehand.

Also, a light tank, due to it's good view range, can indeed snipe *AND* spot at the same time, nothing wrong with that. Since you can't rely on the player-base to do their job in this game, it's best to keep yourself alive and not only do your own job, but also the job of 2-3 other team mates on top of that.

And this is how you get good players, they not only do their own job but also that of multiple other team mates that can't be arsed or are simply incompetent.

I wonder what has changed in the game which could result in this.......could it perhaps be WG's map redesign where they implement big open killing fields in front of "TD sniper ridges with lots of cover" so playing anything else then a light and trying to cover one of these compulsory fields is suicide?

Could it be that all the frontal corridor engagements against broken armor values is proving to be boring and people want to play something more dynamic?

Could it be that WG's slow but steady catering to bad players is finally starting to take it's toll on the game and biting them in the behind?

Cobra 6

Couldn't say it better myself :)

Cobra6 #17 Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16530 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostIlknur_Ibryam, on 24 October 2019 - 04:23 AM, said:

On how many maps you can actually spot? Pro, Mali and Redshire and that is about it...I used to play lights a lot, but some heavies and most meds are better spotters at the map design. I can get more spotting on IS7, rather than on lt100 on all maps.

Well, try playing T7 light tanks, the sweet spot for lights. (T6 is also quite good for lights)

Where your gun is as competitive as most medium tank guns, your view range and camo *actually* matter in general gameplay and where other tanks don't all have view-range cap.

High tier light tanks progressively become less competitive since their guns effectively become worse and their view range becomes worse and their camo, because of enemy view range inflation, also becomes worse.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 24 October 2019 - 09:17 AM.

tajj7 #18 Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:23 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28260 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSlyspy, on 23 October 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

The first is because WG introduced a class (wheeled vehicles) which directly counters the weakest class in the game (light tanks). 

WVs don't directly counter light tanks, they counter bad players. Lights are actually amongst the best tanks to counter WVs because of their view range, agility, camo, and good gun handling. 

Arty, TDs and generally slow tanks are what are countered by WVs. 

---------------------------------------

Quite simply lights are hard to play, underpowered and the map meta doesn't suit them, this means most competent light players play cautiously early game because yoloing off for some spot generally doesn't work, and most other players just don't know how to play them so they either yolo suicide or they camp hard.

Edited by tajj7, 24 October 2019 - 09:25 AM.

azakow #19 Posted 24 October 2019 - 12:38 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 83049 battles

You should not waste you time on WoT, but rather go into poilitics. In fact it is a retreat.

But hey it sounds very good and is everyday parctise for skilled LT commanders.

:teethhappy:

At best, such retreat will converge the LT spotting range circle with your team mates draw range circle so they are enabled to do some damage.

Typing this bring so many variables into the equation, starting a draw range setting of graphis cards to patience required to have thier aim circle shirnk to a minimum.

+ having them "experts" from team ranting at the last man standing. A extremly frustrating moments.

Post battle I often look at their battle records and start to feel sorry for them.

Negativvv #20 Posted 24 October 2019 - 12:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13519 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

This point shows you do not understand LT life... If an LT active spots early they run the risk of spending all their HP or even dying. Then they've wasted themselves.

An LT "camping" might be with their team and providing max view range. Yet the TDs and Arty will tell you to "spot" despite the map being corridor and it being blatantly obvious that any more forward movement will end up in being shot by half the enemy team who are all full aimed.

Does anyone really need a "spot" at higher tiers where most tanks can have 450m+ view range?

Better off playing an LT with a decent gun and more like a mobile Medium.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users