The amount of Scorpion G and similar tanks camping in the back is currently the biggest problem in t...

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

superfly2000 #1 Posted 24 October 2019 - 01:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 81429 battles
  • [SFLY] SFLY

And its funny....because you will always cry about arty, or wheeled tanks, or tanks with too much armor, or tanks that have decent HE shells...but no one is ever crying about this pestilence that is sitting in the back in their premium camper tanks with huge alpha that makes no one want to move.

All the time there are situations where you have like 5 tanks surrounding a single tank but no one wants to take the first shot because they are all egocentric and there is simply too much alpha in the game and too good accuracy, which leads to all this camping.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 73496 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Because it's in the same area as the E25. People got over it, and learned not to feed it if they knew where it was. That, and once spotted they die instantly due to HE spam for it to be a major game-breaking issue at this point. Be it the G, the Borsig or the SU-130 PM.

Stevies_Team #3 Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13892 battles

Thats why EBRs are essential to weed out the wussy campers and get the game going

The serial camping problem is more a tier 8 issue

The arty problem is probbly more a T9/10 issue

Edited by Stevies_Team, 24 October 2019 - 03:02 AM.

BeefCrtinBandit #4 Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7575 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
TLDR; cool story, bro.

Frostilicus #5 Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:26 AM

Colonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 23580 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
So many things that are "the biggest problem in the game" :)

Cobra6 #6 Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16530 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Thing is, if the Scorpion had any camo to speak of, I'd guess you'd see more of them up front.

Now you *CAN* play the skorpion as a medium tank up close, but only if you have more tactical insight than a peanut.

*BUT* WG also insists on putting "camping sniper ridges with bush-cover and hard-cover" on every map redesign and then creating big open fields without cover in front of these ridges so they are impossible to engage. For examples see Erlenberg for instance where these ridges are right next to base and the big open field to both the castle and mill can't be crossed without losing 1/2 your health or more, even in a light tank.

Cobra 6

Alukat123 #7 Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17034 battles

View PostStevies_Team, on 24 October 2019 - 02:41 AM, said:

Thats why EBRs are essential to weed out the wussy campers and get the game going

You don't need EBRs for that. nearly all tanks can light up those TDs, the maps are small enough.

250swb #8 Posted 24 October 2019 - 08:34 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23230 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
It's not the fault of Skorpion or other TD players if they play it to the tanks strengths, they at least have the skill to recognise those strengths. Complain about MM or maps or something relevant, like heavy tanks that don't know how to use their HP to influence the battle. 

PowJay #9 Posted 24 October 2019 - 08:37 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40159 battles

I was gifted the Skorpion G in a loot box last year (accounting for gold and Premium time, it basically came free) and although I am a TD player, with meds as my second most-played vehicle.

I can't play the darned thing. Redline camping, shoot once, get spotted and die is pretty much all I can achieve. Not to mention the fact that I HAVE had bad teams in this as my performance does not suggest that I deserve such a terrible win rate.

I'll try playing it as anything I possibly can before giving up, but I don't blame anyone who redlines the Skorpion.

tajj7 #10 Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28271 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostCobra6, on 24 October 2019 - 06:38 AM, said:

*BUT* WG also insists on putting "camping sniper ridges with bush-cover and hard-cover" on every map redesign and then creating big open fields without cover in front of these ridges so they are impossible to engage. For examples see Erlenberg for instance where these ridges are right next to base and the big open field to both the castle and mill can't be crossed without losing 1/2 your health or more, even in a light tank.

Cobra 6

Yeh it's not really the tanks, it's the maps and the HD bushes.

Currently camping on some ledge is stupidly easy and massively powerful, those positions are just OP and close to uncounterable, you need basically a big numbers advantage or a high tier wheeled vehicle to dig out these campers.

If these positions didn't exist, tanks like Skorpions, Swedish TDs etc. would have to find other spots and move about for their shots, you know use the W key, play more actively, be at more risk and the vast majority of players would fail at this. 

Steffin #11 Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27600 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF
They once had fixed this exact issue by making all corridor maps.  Most good sniping positions were removed by removing bushes or adding obstacles. All these snipe td's became useless.  People complained about it.

PowJay #12 Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:27 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40159 battles

View PostSteffin, on 24 October 2019 - 09:21 AM, said:

They once had fixed this exact issue by making all corridor maps.  Most good sniping positions were removed by removing bushes or adding obstacles. All these snipe td's became useless.  People complained about it.

It's a very good point. If WG listen to every complaint from every player then they will either go mad, or simply ruin the game by trying to accommodate every whacky idea that people come up with.

There is a degree of balance in this game if players play a wide variety of vehicles on both spawn points on all maps and at many different tiers and positions in the team. Sometimes you will be top tier in a tank on a map you like and stomp the enemy, and sometimes you will be bottom tier in a heavy on Prokhorovka with three SPGs on each team.

There will be some battles that you are never going to win and some that you could win even AFK. Play enough, and it all evens out. Play one vehicle type, play bottom tier all the time- or top tier if you can't handle it- play on the same map with the spawn point you can't stand (Tundra south for me) and you will start to notice big problems that others may not see as clearly.

tajj7 #13 Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28271 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSteffin, on 24 October 2019 - 09:21 AM, said:

There is a difference between a 'sniping position' and the red line base camping positions most maps have.

For example, take Redshire, the two hills that are like C4/5, D4 and G4/5, F4, those are sniping positions, those positions can be spotted fairly easily, they can be flanked from both sides, those are support fire positions but there is risk playing there. 

Compare that to say the A5/K5 positions on Cliff, those two spots are OP redline positions, most of the approaches to those spots are open ground, they are right on the map border so are hard to flank, they are elevated with both bush cover and hard cover so the TDs there will not only outspot people approaching (partly because how powerful most bushes are since the 1.0 HD maps) but they can fire and even if they get spotted immediately move into hard cover to avoid return fire. 

The Redshire type positions should be more numerous, risk/reward positions where tanks can get longer range shots into enemies but can be flanked/spotted there easily and could easily get wrecked if caught out ( we see that often that TDs get spotted on those hills get wrecked after a light spots them). 

But the Cliff positions should not exist full stop IMO. 

adameitas #14 Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 69463 battles
Not sure guys what are you talking about:) Nowadays wot games ends in like 4-5 mins. Honestly i would like that people would start to camp a bit more to make games last a bit longer. In general dont see problem in redline sniping tds, way bigger problem is when the only scout in campinovka sits and snipes. It isnt hard to guess where those tds sit and protect yourself. Just compare it to clikcers. You also can guess where they are but to protect yourself is way harder.

Negativvv #15 Posted 24 October 2019 - 11:38 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 13615 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostPowJay, on 24 October 2019 - 08:37 AM, said:

I was gifted the Skorpion G in a loot box last year (accounting for gold and Premium time, it basically came free) and although I am a TD player, with meds as my second most-played vehicle.

I can't play the darned thing. Redline camping, shoot once, get spotted and die is pretty much all I can achieve. Not to mention the fact that I HAVE had bad teams in this as my performance does not suggest that I deserve such a terrible win rate.

I'll try playing it as anything I possibly can before giving up, but I don't blame anyone who redlines the Skorpion.

Skorp G camo rating is utterly terrible, sort of need very deep bush cover or use hard cover instead and peek to shoot.

Because of the alpha, it's an exciting brawler too but takes no prisoners.

vasilinhorulezz #16 Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28251 battles
The problem is map design and strengthening the camping locations (more soft and hard cover, more bushes), that make every push, risky at the very best. Still, in order to overcome this you need a coordinated attack from multiple sides, they can only shoot once and their gun can cover only one approach at a time.

samuelx43a #17 Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26977 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Personally, skorpions are quite easy to deal with. As a driver of them myself, I know that I'm easily one of the top targeted tanks when I'm spotted.

The tank can act like a paper medium, but that is quite risky. I would of course snipe first, but if I have the opportunity to go on the offensive, I'm taking it.

Of course, this is my opinion and how I deal with stuff, that will obviously vary

shikaka9 #18 Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 71368 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
This why HE should be buffed :trollface:

Bordhaw #19 Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:07 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15106 battles

View Postsuperfly2000, on 24 October 2019 - 12:54 AM, said:

And its funny....because you will always cry about arty, or wheeled tanks, or tanks with too much armor, or tanks that have decent HE shells...but no one is ever crying about this pestilence that is sitting in the back in their premium camper tanks with huge alpha that makes no one want to move.

All the time there are situations where you have like 5 tanks surrounding a single tank but no one wants to take the first shot because they are all egocentric and there is simply too much alpha in the game and too good accuracy, which leads to all this camping.

Not really, maps are too small, too good view ranges and/or camo

View PostStevies_Team, on 24 October 2019 - 01:41 AM, said:

No wheelchair encourage more camping as  who is going to move forward when a wheelchair yolos and spots the entire team in the first 24 seconds of a battle. 

PayMore #20 Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27745 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 24 October 2019 - 05:07 PM, said:

Not really, maps are too small, too good view ranges and/or camo

No wheelchair encourage more camping as  who is going to move forward when a wheelchair yolos and spots the entire team in the first 24 seconds of a battle. 

WG should reduce camorating on tds to disencourage camping. Plus do the arty treatment aka just two per game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users