Jump to content


EBR's are perfectly fine, deal with it.


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Jack_Sparroxx #1 Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:31 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 63371 battles
  • 780
  • [KLKMP] KLKMP
  • Member since:
    09-18-2011

Hi to all of you haters out there. 

 

Wheeled tonks are just fine. For years active scouting was irrelevant, and mostly yolo muppets did active active scouting. So most scouts resorted to passive scouting in a bush some where on the 2-3 maps you actually can have a meaningful impact as a passive scout. And people, probably including a lot of those complaining about EBR's, complained about scout being irrelevant. Now we actually have a tank that can active scout with out it being a 100% suicide run.

 

But I guess people have to whine about something, if its not EBR's then its some thing else thats the flavour of the month, for the rif raf to complain about on the forums. And it's not really the EBR, as a concept, fault that 95% of the playerbase barely can hit a stationary target, or even knows the difference between standard, assault and encounter game mode. 

 

I, for one, cant wait till our WG Overlords bless us with more wheelies. 


Edited by Jack_Sparroxx, 24 October 2019 - 05:32 AM.


Spurtung #2 Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:53 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 76271 battles
  • 7,212
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

Cool.

 

We also needed another thread about it, so thank you for that.



TankkiPoju #3 Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:41 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 24444 battles
  • 7,553
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

Why should we be happy if WG just adds new tank designs that are just superior to old ones, instead of you know.... fixing the old ones? Like other tier 10 light tanks besides mayb TL-100 LT.

 

You are basically saying we should be happy game has tanks like 279e or Super Conquerors or Chieftain because they are "perfectly fine"  when compared to tanks like IS4 or E100 or T110E5.

 

>I, for one, cant wait till our WG Overlords bless us with more wheelies.

 

Some more power creep, why not. Lets cheer when WG adds Russian wheeled vehicles which drive around 100 km/h while also having 390 alpha, super good gun handling AND also armor.


Edited by TankkiPoju, 24 October 2019 - 06:55 AM.


Bora_BOOM #4 Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:50 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 29897 battles
  • 4,082
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014
They are perfectly crap.

wsatnutter #5 Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:56 AM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 26718 battles
  • 9,651
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

View PostBora_BOOM, on 24 October 2019 - 05:50 AM, said:

They are perfectly crap.

this to a degree



splash_time #6 Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:34 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14368 battles
  • 853
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View PostJack_Sparroxx, on 24 October 2019 - 08:01 AM, said:

Hi to all of you haters out there. 

 

Wheeled tonks are just fine. For years active scouting was irrelevant, and mostly yolo muppets did active active scouting. So most scouts resorted to passive scouting in a bush some where on the 2-3 maps you actually can have a meaningful impact as a passive scout. And people, probably including a lot of those complaining about EBR's, complained about scout being irrelevant. Now we actually have a tank that can active scout with out it being a 100% suicide run.

 

But I guess people have to whine about something, if its not EBR's then its some thing else thats the flavour of the month, for the rif raf to complain about on the forums. And it's not really the EBR, as a concept, fault that 95% of the playerbase barely can hit a stationary target, or even knows the difference between standard, assault and encounter game mode. 

 

I, for one, cant wait till our WG Overlords bless us with more wheelies. 

 

Gj! Here you go mate! :medal:

 

Note: I would just like to see you're face when an ebr out spot you from your warm bush position and get destroyed in 12 seconds.:popcorn:



SovietBias #7 Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:35 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39824 battles
  • 1,764
  • Member since:
    06-10-2013
Wow, so edgy!

LordMuffin #8 Posted 24 October 2019 - 08:35 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 53499 battles
  • 13,409
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostJack_Sparroxx, on 24 October 2019 - 05:31 AM, said:

Hi to all of you haters out there. 

 

Wheeled tonks are just fine. For years active scouting was irrelevant, and mostly yolo muppets did active active scouting. So most scouts resorted to passive scouting in a bush some where on the 2-3 maps you actually can have a meaningful impact as a passive scout. And people, probably including a lot of those complaining about EBR's, complained about scout being irrelevant. Now we actually have a tank that can active scout with out it being a 100% suicide run.

 

But I guess people have to whine about something, if its not EBR's then its some thing else thats the flavour of the month, for the rif raf to complain about on the forums. And it's not really the EBR, as a concept, fault that 95% of the playerbase barely can hit a stationary target, or even knows the difference between standard, assault and encounter game mode. 

 

I, for one, cant wait till our WG Overlords bless us with more wheelies. 

Arty is completely fine, deal with it. 



tajj7 #9 Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:09 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28892 battles
  • 16,982
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostTankkiPoju, on 24 October 2019 - 05:41 AM, said:

Why should we be happy if WG just adds new tank designs that are just superior to old ones, instead of you know.... fixing the old ones? Like other tier 10 light tanks besides mayb TL-100 LT.

 

You are basically saying we should be happy game has tanks like 279e or Super Conquerors or Chieftain because they are "perfectly fine"  when compared to tanks like IS4 or E100 or T110E5.

 

>I, for one, cant wait till our WG Overlords bless us with more wheelies.

 

Some more power creep, why not. Lets cheer when WG adds Russian wheeled vehicles which drive around 100 km/h while also having 390 alpha, super good gun handling AND also armor.

 

Lights at higher tiers were bad before the EBRs came along and some power creep is pretty much inevitable with new content.

 

WG just need to get better with updating/buffing older tanks, but the tier 10 lights they pretty much don't seem to care about, I mean look at the Manticore, its utter crap, and marginally more crap than the Rhm. which has been awful since it was put into the game. 



Jack_Sparroxx #10 Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:20 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 63371 battles
  • 780
  • [KLKMP] KLKMP
  • Member since:
    09-18-2011

View PostSpurtung, on 24 October 2019 - 04:53 AM, said:

Cool.

 

We also needed another thread about it, so thank you for that.

 You are most welcome. 

09:25 Added after 5 minute

View PostLordMuffin, on 24 October 2019 - 07:35 AM, said:

Arty is completely fine, deal with it. 

 

Yes they are just fine, as long as I have unicums on my teams so I dont get arty focused by some bush wanker with his cheeotos incrusted hands in his pants. 



Wintermute_1 #11 Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:43 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 52464 battles
  • 2,448
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013
WV were annoying in FL (but thats done for me now), in Randoms I couldn't care less about them other than how they affected LT campaign missions. Did they ever adjust the LT campaign mission requirements allowing for the introduction of a whole class that essentially now plays infront of the original LTs? 

TankkiPoju #12 Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:50 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 24444 battles
  • 7,553
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View Posttajj7, on 24 October 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

WG just need to get better with updating/buffing older tanks, but the tier 10 lights they pretty much don't seem to care about, I mean look at the Manticore, its utter crap, and marginally more crap than the Rhm. which has been awful since it was put into the game. 

 

The thing that really irks me is the fact tier 10 lights are so deliberately gimped. LIke "here are some tanks that are just worse on purpose while stilll costing 6 mil a piece. Enjoy the challenge hahaa!".

 

Like what the heck is that pen drop off over distance about, if not just making these tanks bad on purpose. Why is it OK by game design for medium tanks to snipe with 330mm HEAT from red line, when tier 10 light tanks have crappy guns that feel like shooting marshmallows.

 

Like why does AMX 13 105 have WORSE VIEW RANGE than Batchat 25t, if it's supposed to spot for the team and Batchat is supposed to be the damage dealer ???

 

Why does T100 LT have 0.44 accuracy ??? It's same as tier 7 Russian heavies.

 

Why does Rhm. Panzerwagon have worse DPM than tier 6 medium tanks ???

 

All these questions and more!

 



tajj7 #13 Posted 24 October 2019 - 11:01 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28892 battles
  • 16,982
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostTankkiPoju, on 24 October 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

 

The thing that really irks me is the fact tier 10 lights are so deliberately gimped. LIke "here are some tanks that are just worse on purpose while stilll costing 6 mil a piece. Enjoy the challenge hahaa!".

 

Like what the heck is that pen drop off over distance about, if not just making these tanks bad on purpose. Why is it OK by game design for medium tanks to snipe with 330mm HEAT from red line, when tier 10 light tanks have crappy guns that feel like shooting marshmallows.

 

Like why does AMX 13 105 have WORSE VIEW RANGE than Batchat 25t, if it's supposed to spot for the team and Batchat is supposed to be the damage dealer ???

 

Why does T100 LT have 0.44 accuracy ??? It's same as tier 7 Russian heavies.

 

Why does Rhm. Panzerwagon have worse DPM than tier 6 medium tanks ???

 

All these questions and more!

 

 

100% agree, the whole poor accuracy and pen drop off makes no sense for tanks that have no armour, low HP and rely on their mobility, camo and view range to survive. 


Every characteristic about light tanks says they should be mainly doing their work medium to long ranges, but WG gives them guns that only work at close ranges, meanwhile Strvs, Leo 1s, M60s can snipe from long range with higher alpha, higher pen, higher DPM, higher accuracy etc. and will remain unspotted. 

 

I mean an IS-7  is a bit sniper than all the tier 10 lights because it has higher pen, similar or better accuracy, less pen drop off and higher alpha. 

 

The whole thing went wrong after the public test when they were introduced, we tested the tier 10 lights on Sandbox for months, got them in a good state (they all pretty much had higher DPM, higher view range, better accuracy IIRC) and then one public test server WG nerfed them into the ground in a panic because all the bob's complained about them and they have been close to useless ever since. 

 

But they clearly don't care they are awful, because just look at the Manticore, it's an insult to players to call that thing a tier 10 tank and charge 6 million credits for it.

 

Give the Manticore like 1k hit points and change nothing else and it would be a decent tier 8 light IMO. 



NekoPuffer_PPP #14 Posted 24 October 2019 - 03:02 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 35484 battles
  • 4,361
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

They've got a very steep learning curve.

 

Everyone can drive into the enemy's base and kill their arty with a bit of dumb luck, but it takes good driving and obstacle avoidance, as well as terrain knowledge, to avoid crashing or spinning out of control, which inevitably leads to death. Clever use of the X key and letting go of W to make sharp turns is also crucial for dodging enemy fire and, when done right, can allow you to circlestrafe even other light tanks.

 

There's far more to it than just driving around and using the easy lock-on mechanic, and you get potent HE shells with which you can easily rack up damage against soft targets (such as Skorpions :justwait:).

 

Best class in the game, I've never had more fun in WoT until finally getting the hang of these things.


Edited by NekoPuffer_PPP, 24 October 2019 - 03:03 PM.


Randomar #15 Posted 24 October 2019 - 03:33 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29875 battles
  • 181
  • Member since:
    10-18-2015

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 24 October 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

They've got a very steep learning curve.

 

Everyone can drive into the enemy's base and kill their arty with a bit of dumb luck, but it takes good driving and obstacle avoidance, as well as terrain knowledge, to avoid crashing or spinning out of control, which inevitably leads to death. Clever use of the X key and letting go of W to make sharp turns is also crucial for dodging enemy fire and, when done right, can allow you to circlestrafe even other light tanks.

 

There's far more to it than just driving around and using the easy lock-on mechanic, and you get potent HE shells with which you can easily rack up damage against soft targets (such as Skorpions :justwait:).

 

Best class in the game, I've never had more fun in WoT until finally getting the hang of these things.

 

- yoloing around in a car and not getting shot at because most of the players refuse to pre-aim half of the screen
- they don't encourage tactical gameplay, they leave it all to Chance

 

...that's your skill.

 

 



Nishi_Kinuyo #16 Posted 24 October 2019 - 04:57 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 9945 battles
  • 6,936
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 24 October 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

They've got a very steep learning curve.

 

Everyone can drive into the enemy's base and kill their arty with a bit of dumb luck, but it takes good driving and obstacle avoidance, as well as terrain knowledge, to avoid crashing or spinning out of control, which inevitably leads to death. Clever use of the X key and letting go of W to make sharp turns is also crucial for dodging enemy fire and, when done right, can allow you to circlestrafe even other light tanks.

 

There's far more to it than just driving around and using the easy lock-on mechanic, and you get potent HE shells with which you can easily rack up damage against soft targets (such as Skorpions :justwait:).

 

Best class in the game, I've never had more fun in WoT until finally getting the hang of these things.

Until you meet a black prince hitting you five times in a row. :P

 

But as for as the curves go on wot-news, they do seem quite balanced.



vasilinhorulezz #17 Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:01 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29023 battles
  • 2,089
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014
EBRs are just better lights, still not good enough to deserve all the hate they get, just lead your shots people. The problem lies that tier ten lights are tier eight and a half tanks that got up-tiered to become tier tens.

NekoPuffer_PPP #18 Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:14 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 35484 battles
  • 4,361
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 24 October 2019 - 05:57 PM, said:

Until you meet a black prince hitting you five times in a row. :P

 

But as for as the curves go on wot-news, they do seem quite balanced.

 

The Foch/AMX AC/wheteveritwas was a more dangerous enemy. :trollface:

 

Yesterday I jumped off the carrier on Glacier onto a Type 4...I died on impact but my wreck remained on top of him, crushing him to death (~1000 dmg). :trollface:



shikaka9 #19 Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:18 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 73820 battles
  • 1,610
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
:medal:

Solstad1069 #20 Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:28 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 45956 battles
  • 3,702
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

View Posttajj7, on 24 October 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

 

Give the Manticore like 1k hit points and change nothing else and it would be a decent tier 8 light IMO. 

 

lol, its not like im gonna touch this line, but Manticore is outplayed by some tier 7 and tier 8 light tanks.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users