After 2 years on Blitz, it was time to go home.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Tinom5 #1 Posted 25 October 2019 - 03:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9779 battles
  • [STAR-] STAR-
So 2 years ago my PC went out and i started my first job and forgot about WoT. I saw i had Blitz on my phone and i played it. Eventually i got alot of tanks there including the Leopard 1. I fixed my PC and today i downloaded WoT on it again. I switched playing Blitz on the PC too and tougt i have gotten better but man was i wrong. I decided i wanted the Leo 1 here too and the new french wheeled IFVs. Well i noticed here i suck alot. Only tanks i do good are the M4 Revalorise and the M18 Hellcat. I forgot about Arty and the +2 mm. I also forgot that this was a more campy game than Blitz. Im currently on the Leopard (tier 5 light ) and need tips on getting back in the game and not sucking bad. Should i stay more behind cover than usual ? I cant seem to get a grasp on scouting here. Alot has changed and i serriously need any advise whatsoever. Sure the two games have some basic things in common but at the same time they are totaly different. Blitz is as its name suggests yoloing most of the time. Here tough i think patience is the key, but eh who knows. Any help would be apreciated.

Spurtung #2 Posted 25 October 2019 - 03:39 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 74404 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

Log in to wotreplays.eu and upload some replays of yours (from the current patch).

I'm sure people will watch them and give you a few pointers.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 25 October 2019 - 03:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 73496 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Blitz is just balanced differently. Smaller maps, more HP, more pen on some tanks even. It's a bit faster paced. And I'm the opposite. I have Blitz on steam installed. And go there now and then. But I'm used to the slower pace here. And that doesn't work too well, and I have to quickly turn my style around. So I suspect you just need to learn to slow down again and use patience for starters. Play TD's, on the 2nd line, observe and learn the flow again with all the new guns and wheels about. Figure out the map metas etc again. If you can start training rooms with clan mates etc, experiment and explore maps even. As HD maps have changed most of the old spots you knew 2 years ago.

And if you want real pointers. Show a replay or two. Not bad games, but games where you thought you did well, or even games where you got kinda lost on what to do. As if others watch it, they can see what you struggle with and give more solid pointers to help you get back into it.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 25 October 2019 - 04:24 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

Start by watching some replays or a stream of the tank you're playing. Eventually you'll get a feel for the tank, the maps and what can it do best. Where to go on the map/spawn? How to start the battle? How aggressive can you be?

When you watch someone else playing don't watch it like a movie with tank. Focus on the mini map and analyzing what he is doing, when and why. If you watch a lot of it, you'll end up with a few moves that can be utilized whenever your brain kicks in and tells you: "i saw this one before". Then you can execute the already known routine as is or modify it according to the situation. Don't move up the tiers unless you're confident that your gameplay can cope with the increased difficulty. The tanks are not going anywhere.

There is also a different path to the Leopard 1 through the Pz 3/4, VK 30.01D and the VK 30.02D. These are mediums so the crew is more compatible with the higher tiers and the play style is similar. Changing the crew layout from the VK 16.02 (commander - radio operator - driver - loader) to the VK 28.01 (commander - gunner - driver - loader - radio operator) and then to the SP IC (commander - driver - gunner) is very messy and not compatible with the higher tiers crew layout. In higher tiers (Indien, PTA and Leopard 1) the crew layout is commander - gunner - driver - loader.

This guy is good with lights and it's the most recent stream i could find for the Leopard...

Spoiler

Whenever you find a certain map new to you or you just can't play it efficiently.  Read about it here and you can learn about the different positions and strategies for different tanks/classes.

Since you're playing a light tank you need to refresh your memory about the spotting mechanics and the use of camo.

Spoiler

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 25 October 2019 - 04:39 AM.

Tinom5 #5 Posted 25 October 2019 - 07:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9779 battles
  • [STAR-] STAR-
yes. thank you alot. i will get a replay or two.

Tinom5 #6 Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9779 battles
  • [STAR-] STAR-

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5067470#province-tinom5-m4a3e8_sherman

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5067471#erlenberg-tinom5-vk_16_02_leopard

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5067472#abbey-tinom5-vk_16_02_leopard

Here are some games. I didnt try hard nor did i just sit around. Sorry its gonna hurt seeing a noob like me.

Baldrickk #7 Posted 25 October 2019 - 10:06 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Not to forget that blitz mixes PC and phone players...
https://youtu.be/t9fQ008HYVc for a recent example of how much of a difference that makes.

Seriously, I sucked on the mobile, then I tried it on the PC, and after that point, I started winning over 70% by pretty much yoloing everywhere.

You just can't do that on WOT PC. 

Edited by Baldrickk, 25 October 2019 - 10:06 AM.

Wintermute_1 #8 Posted 25 October 2019 - 10:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50684 battles
I find navigating this forum hard enough on my phone, playing WoT must be a nightmare. Maybe look up a youtube video for the tank you want to play, might give you an idea of the pace to play it.

lnfernaI #9 Posted 25 October 2019 - 10:35 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34500 battles
imagine comparing blitz to PC.

Tinom5 #10 Posted 25 October 2019 - 11:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9779 battles
  • [STAR-] STAR-

View PostlnfernaI, on 25 October 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

imagine comparing blitz to PC.

I dont get the point of this comment. I didnt compare them witch is better or not since they cant be compared....

mjs_89 #11 Posted 25 October 2019 - 12:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8898 battles
  • [95137] 95137

View PostTinom5, on 25 October 2019 - 03:20 AM, said:

So 2 years ago my PC went out and i started my first job and forgot about WoT. I saw i had Blitz on my phone and i played it. Eventually i got alot of tanks there including the Leopard 1. I fixed my PC and today i downloaded WoT on it again. I switched playing Blitz on the PC too and tougt i have gotten better but man was i wrong. I decided i wanted the Leo 1 here too and the new french wheeled IFVs. Well i noticed here i suck alot. Only tanks i do good are the M4 Revalorise and the M18 Hellcat. I forgot about Arty and the +2 mm. I also forgot that this was a more campy game than Blitz. Im currently on the Leopard (tier 5 light ) and need tips on getting back in the game and not sucking bad. Should i stay more behind cover than usual ? I cant seem to get a grasp on scouting here. Alot has changed and i serriously need any advise whatsoever. Sure the two games have some basic things in common but at the same time they are totaly different. Blitz is as its name suggests yoloing most of the time. Here tough i think patience is the key, but eh who knows. Any help would be apreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uj7-EpGkRo

BlueSnail #12 Posted 25 October 2019 - 06:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22086 battles
  • [KBAD] KBAD

I left WoT and played Blitz for a year.  Adjusting to Blitz took a while, though I enjoyed it.  And I am convinced that playing on a PC gave me an advantage, though I saw some very skilled mobile players.

Coming back to WoT took some time to readjust.  Blitz style playing lead me to Yolo to my death a lot.

Tinom5 #13 Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9779 battles
  • [STAR-] STAR-

View PostBlueSnail, on 25 October 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

I left WoT and played Blitz for a year.  Adjusting to Blitz took a while, though I enjoyed it.  And I am convinced that playing on a PC gave me an advantage, though I saw some very skilled mobile players.

Coming back to WoT took some time to readjust.  Blitz style playing lead me to Yolo to my death a lot.

Can i say my current experience in WoT isnt exactly fun ? I hate this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users