Jump to content


Anyone else have a psychic wife / gf ?


  • Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

UserZer00 #1 Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:21 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12772 battles
  • 967
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

Without fail, will always call right at the point in a match where you actually may be able to make a contribution.

 

and no, of course "not answering" is not an option. 

(if you thought you could suggest that it's obvious you don't know my wife.)

 

Putting the phone on "speaker" is an option, but of course you have to focus more on the call than on the game or you'll set off her psychic powers and she'll "know" you aren't paying her the proper attention.

 

Maybe if I wore a tin foil hat during my gaming sessions?



Stevies_Team #2 Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:24 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13575 battles
  • 1,393
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

I usually get distracted approximately 3 seconds after pressing the battle button



barison1 #3 Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:25 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 43999 battles
  • 2,240
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012
just reply "please leave a message after the beeeeeep" and then calmly remain silent, it might confuse the other giving you more time to finish the match and then having proper attention:hiding:

Edited by barison1, 27 October 2019 - 01:25 PM.


Shacou #4 Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22937 battles
  • 927
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
  • Member since:
    11-07-2011
I see no point at ruining my life with something like this. Maybe someday i will meet someone that i truly love, but not yet.

FrantisekBascovansky #5 Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31216 battles
  • 787
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018
Just mute the phone. She's not your mum.

Steiner011 #6 Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:37 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 43350 battles
  • 1,595
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
  • Member since:
    10-09-2012

My girlfriend forsaw the birth of this thread.

 

Psychohistory by Hari Seldon.


Edited by Steiner011, 27 October 2019 - 01:37 PM.


UserZer00 #7 Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:37 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12772 battles
  • 967
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostFrantisekBascovansky, on 27 October 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

Just mute the phone. She's not your mum.

 

Mute the phone? :hiding:

 

Hopefully she didn't sense you suggesting that.

 

I know she's not my mum.  Mum's cooking is a lot better!

 

I think I'll just try the foil hat option for now.

 

 

12:38 Added after 1 minute

View PostSteiner011, on 27 October 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

My girlfriend forsaw the birth of this thread.

 

Psychohistory by Harry Seldon.

 

(Psychohistory before or after he introduced the concept of computers into the story?  Personally I preferred the totally human based calculations, but didn't mind the sequels.)



Steiner011 #8 Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:41 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 43350 battles
  • 1,595
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
  • Member since:
    10-09-2012

View PostUserZer00, on 27 October 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

(Psychohistory before or after he introduced the concept of computers into the story?  Personally I preferred the totally human based calculations, but didn't mind the sequels.)

 

Before.



xx984 #9 Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:52 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 64392 battles
  • 3,476
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

don't need a wife/gf when you have a hand waheeey 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

someone pls love me 



UserZer00 #10 Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12772 battles
  • 967
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View Postxx984, on 27 October 2019 - 01:52 PM, said:

don't need a wife/gf when you have a hand waheeey 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

someone pls love me 

 

 

But what if you want to play two arty at the same time?

 

(and that is a joke BTW, not a comment on your play style, tank choice, etc.)


Edited by UserZer00, 27 October 2019 - 01:57 PM.


TsundereWaffle #11 Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:58 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28356 battles
  • 11,156
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013
I'm lonely ;-;

sword_of_Damocles #12 Posted 27 October 2019 - 02:00 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 64722 battles
  • 5,334
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-26-2011

View Postxx984, on 27 October 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

don't need a wife/gf when you have a hand waheeey 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

someone pls love me 

 

Hail to the masturbation!!! :izmena:



Bulldog_Drummond #13 Posted 27 October 2019 - 02:01 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33357 battles
  • 10,536
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014
Image result for thurber wrong number why answer cartoon

etody77 #14 Posted 27 October 2019 - 02:06 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 75978 battles
  • 1,468
  • [JMA] JMA
  • Member since:
    09-12-2015

Answer after battle

''Sorry, i was on bathroom...kitchen, didnt hear the call :))

Or...call her before starting a battle ''My dear, I'm shooting tonks, i'm not with another women '' :)


Edited by etody77, 27 October 2019 - 02:16 PM.


Spurtung #15 Posted 27 October 2019 - 02:07 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 74308 battles
  • 6,518
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013
Airplane mode.

VarzA #16 Posted 27 October 2019 - 02:12 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 26808 battles
  • 2,096
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

View PostUserZer00, on 27 October 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

Without fail, will always call right at the point in a match where you actually may be able to make a contribution.

 

and no, of course "not answering" is not an option. 

(if you thought you could suggest that it's obvious you don't know my wife.)

 

Putting the phone on "speaker" is an option, but of course you have to focus more on the call than on the game or you'll set off her psychic powers and she'll "know" you aren't paying her the proper attention.

 

Maybe if I wore a tin foil hat during my gaming sessions?


Yes .... for me it happens when i pop open boosters / sit down for a nice game session / press battle.

Problem is with a gf, you can afford to tell her to leave you alone, but once you're married, it's like they have the family jewels on their person at all times .... you are vulnerable.

 

On a sidenote, this is not like having a gf who makes a ton of noise when you come back from work and lie down on the couch for 1-2hs or watch a game or something. That is passive-aggresive behaviour, a nice form of harassment.



NekoPuffer_PPP #17 Posted 27 October 2019 - 02:13 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34356 battles
  • 4,046
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

Sounds like you need a divorce.

 

I mean, who wears the pants in your relationship? You or her?

 

...or are you a masochist? Yikes...



VarzA #18 Posted 27 October 2019 - 02:13 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 26808 battles
  • 2,096
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

View PostSteiner011, on 27 October 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

My girlfriend forsaw the birth of this thread.

 

Psychohistory by Hari Seldon.


In my experience, the concept of psychohistory is not very popular with the female gender.



UserZer00 #19 Posted 27 October 2019 - 02:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12772 battles
  • 967
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostSpurtung, on 27 October 2019 - 02:07 PM, said:

Airplane mode.

View Postetody77, on 27 October 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

Answer after battle

''Sorry, i was on bathroom...kitchen, didnt hear the call :))

 

 

Neither excuse is admissible as valid in the court of my marriage.

 

Well, I can use them, but then I have to put up with a week long discussion on how I don't pay enough attention, etc.

 

Choices, choices.....

 

BTW: Love my wife, wouldn't want to change her.  No one is perfect after all.



VarzA #20 Posted 27 October 2019 - 02:16 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 26808 battles
  • 2,096
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

View PostUserZer00, on 27 October 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

 

Neither excuse is admissible as valid in the court of my marriage.

 

Well, I can use them, but then I have to put up with a week long discussion on how I don't pay enough attention, etc.

 

Choices, choices.....

 

BTW: Love my wife, wouldn't want to change her.  No one is perfect after all.

 

Don't want to be judgemental, but there might be some low self-esteem on the side of your wife if she really expects you to answer promptly every single time.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users