Best Way To Deal With Stomps?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Dealing with stomps (40 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

What do you think works well for you?

1. Switch to EU1/EU2 (Comment if you think one server has more stomps that the other) (10 votes [12.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.99%

2. Play different tier (Comment which one) (11 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Play different class (Comment which one) (8 votes [10.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.39%

4. Drastically change your playstyle (Comment how you play differently) (8 votes [10.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.39%

5. No other choice than to stop playing for a while (Comment for how long you stop playing the game until you come back) (18 votes [23.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.38%

6. Only play at certain times (Comment times and timezone) (7 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

7. Other solution (Comment) (15 votes [19.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.48%

Vote Hide poll

StronkiTonki #1 Posted 27 October 2019 - 07:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 34490 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

I've been very motivated to get the Senior Technical Engineer medal. Only need to unlock all the tier 10 arties and go down the British LT line. (Which I'm saving for the end, in hopes that they get buffed before I start the line)

Now in between my exp-grind sessions, I also play my premium tanks to farm for credits. Sadly, my motivation has gotten ruined the last few days, with stomps occurring again.

With stomps I mean the constant streaks of battles that are over in only a few minutes, where one team gets absolutely slaughtered by the other. Nobody enjoys winning without a fight (Well, maybe some do...), and nobody enjoys losing without having a single chance to fight back.

I am aware that these stomps have been around for a while now. But it seems, at least for me, that they come and go. Which I find very interesting, and I am wondering what triggers them to happen during specific moments.

Interestingly enough, I've tried thinking about the cause of these stomps as well, and looking for patterns. Often they happen during or right before the weekend. But not always.

I've also had moments where I just had an amazing weekend, and then monday would just have terrible stomps. So I'm not really finding much consistency.

I honestly do not care if I have a lot of losses during certain days, as long as I had a decent performance, I can say it was a GG and still stay pretty motivated to keep playing. But these stomps just happen so fast, and impact consistent performance, that I very often find myself doing hardly any damage.

This causes me to stop playing the game for a week or two until I get motivated to go back. Which is a thing I dislike doing, since I really love this game and have spent so many hours into it. I obviously want to keep playing and enjoying this.

So I guess my simple question is: What do you do to keep enjoying the game when you encounter these "stomps"?

I have made a poll with some options as well. Please also feel free share your thoughts about what you think causes these stomps to happen, and if you see certain patterns of when and where they occur and stuff like that.

My priority however is to find ways to still play and enjoy the game when these stomps are being encountered. So preferably without quitting the game.

Edited by StronkiTonki, 27 October 2019 - 07:57 PM.

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 27 October 2019 - 08:04 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12927 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
I say take it like a man. Or do as I do and just join all the bots and YOLO + next. 

Stevies_Team #3 Posted 27 October 2019 - 08:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13575 battles

I just do premiums and a premium account

There's so much weird stuff in WoT that it makes the BS miles easier to deal with

Doesn't matter what happens, you come out ahead and move on to the next game

(Got one T10 now, for occasional use if I want a few bonds)

Edited by Stevies_Team, 27 October 2019 - 08:18 PM.

StronkiTonki #4 Posted 27 October 2019 - 08:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 34490 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 27 October 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

I say take it like a man. Or do as I do and just join all the bots and YOLO + next. 

So you just "take it" and still have fun while these stomps are happening?

View PostStevies_Team, on 27 October 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

I just do premiums and a premium account

There's so much weird stuff in WoT that it makes the BS miles easier to deal with

Doesn't matter what happens, you come out ahead and move on to the next game

(Got one T10 now, for occasional use if I want a few bonds)

Well the thing is, even when I just play my premiums to farm cash, because of the stomps I just can't consistently perform well, and get like below 20k profit. While I'd normally make like 60-80k per game. So I don't really see how playing with prems would help me here.

TANKOPPRESSION #5 Posted 27 October 2019 - 08:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48491 battles
What you can do is accept that the game is rigged and the numbers ( peoples win rates ) say that it is , then when you are being stomped just drive into the opponent with your guns blazing and end the battle as fast as possible then move to your next battle quick fast , because your only wasting your time in that battle , its a bit more of a problem if you like to play one tank only sometimes like I do but the same applies.

Edited by TANKOPPRESSION, 27 October 2019 - 08:54 PM.

JOSEBA_PRIME #6 Posted 27 October 2019 - 09:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20649 battles
  • [7SENS] 7SENS

I think the best solution is to take a small break. Close the Game, Go eat, drink a beeer, listen to music, have a shower or whatever and come back. Maybe then you will have better gaming experience. If you are still having those stomps just leave the game until the next day. 

I work 1 week at morning, 1 week at afternoon... so I don't play always at same space of time and I 100% believe I have best gaming experience at mornings (excluding saturday and Sunday), I think between 8:00  and 12:00 (UTC +1) there is less toxiticy than at afternoon/night  and games are more equal. I recommend  you playing at that times, obviously if you can.

On weekends there is a lot of toxiticy, on marathons even more. If you are not enjoying on Saturday or Sunday better to leave the game until the Monday. If you are not enjoying during marathon and you really want to deal with It, take a small break and tryhard trying to not frustrate too much.

I also prefer EU1. I usually join random server, but I think there is more stomps on EU2. Sometimes may work changing server after a bad streak, you can try It.

Playing a different class I don't think it's the solution to have better gaming experience. For example if you like mediums tank the most, why would you change to heavys to win more?

Changing tier can work for sure. If you are having bad time with high tiers you can go and play with your favourite lower tier, cromwell, chafee or whatever and have some fun. Or maybe you are playing tier 5 seeing a lot of non-sense stuff, you change to tier 10 and start having a blast...

Joining a platoon with your Friends also can work for sure. If you are having a bad solo gaming experience, invite 1 or 2 good friends and you will maybe win more and have more fun.

Apart of all this, try to find motivations to compensate the stomps.

- Having fun on platoons.

- Trying to dominate with your clan 

- Get Marks of excelence

- Get ACE tankers

- Get medals

- Collect tanks

gunslingerXXX #7 Posted 27 October 2019 - 09:07 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12927 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostStronkiTonki, on 27 October 2019 - 08:33 PM, said:

So you just "take it" and still have fun while these stomps are happening?

Nope. Read it again, especially the do as I do part. I just go with the flow and dont give a sht about my poor performance.

StronkiTonki #8 Posted 27 October 2019 - 09:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 34490 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View PostJOSEBA_PRIME, on 27 October 2019 - 08:02 PM, said:

I think the best solution is to take a small break. Close the Game, Go eat, drink a beeer, listen to music, have a shower or whatever and come back. Maybe then you will have better gaming experience. If you are still having those stomps just leave the game until the next day. 

I work 1 week at morning, 1 week at afternoon... so I don't play always at same space of time and I 100% believe I have best gaming experience at mornings (excluding saturday and Sunday), I think between 8:00  and 12:00 (UTC +1) there is less toxiticy than at afternoon/night  and games are more equal. I recommend  you playing at that times, obviously if you can.

On weekends there is a lot of toxiticy, on marathons even more. If you are not enjoying on Saturday or Sunday better to leave the game until the Monday. If you are not enjoying during marathon and you really want to deal with It, take a small break and tryhard trying to not frustrate too much.

I also prefer EU1. I usually join random server, but I think there is more stomps on EU2. Sometimes may work changing server after a bad streak, you can try It.

Playing a different class I don't think it's the solution to have better gaming experience. For example if you like mediums tank the most, why would you change to heavys to win more?

Changing tier can work for sure. If you are having bad time with high tiers you can go and play with your favourite lower tier, cromwell, chafee or whatever and have some fun. Or maybe you are playing tier 5 seeing a lot of non-sense stuff, you change to tier 10 and start having a blast...

Joining a platoon with your Friends also can work for sure. If you are having a bad solo gaming experience, invite 1 or 2 good friends and you will maybe win more and have more fun.

Apart of all this, try to find motivations to compensate the stomps.

- Having fun on platoons.

- Trying to dominate with your clan 

- Get Marks of excelence

- Get ACE tankers

- Get medals

- Collect tanks

Great reply!

I'd have a feeling morning would probably be a bit better. Sadly due to my routines, I mostly am asleep during the mornings. But the info is nice to know.

I think I'll probably try drastically lower tiers next time.

As for what you stated at the bottom, those are the kind of things I am doing. However, in order to get things like MoE, Ace tankers and Collecting tanks, the whole thing that is needed is to have good games to raise MoE% or to gather credits to buy tanks.

Those are the things I am not gaining progress with when stomps are happening. So that's exactly what ruins me from having fun.

Collecting tanks is what I'm doing now. I'm grinding credits to buy the remaining tanks in the tech tree.

Now I use my premium tanks to get credits. I was close to getting 2 marks on my Type 59, but then the stomps happened and I lost ove 2%.

Plus that I was only making like 12k per match.

So it all kinda countered what I was trying to do, sadly.

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 27 October 2019 - 08:07 PM, said:

Nope. Read it again, especially the do as I do part. I just go with the flow and dont give a sht about my poor performance.

My bad.

So you state that you don't care about your poor performance. But you also are not "enjoying" while stomps are happening.

At what point exactly are you having fun in the game then?

Edited by StronkiTonki, 27 October 2019 - 09:19 PM.

cro001 #9 Posted 27 October 2019 - 10:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33033 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Play OP tanks honestly.

SamuraiShakaViking #10 Posted 27 October 2019 - 10:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11216 battles
  • [777PC] 777PC

do the devs want this to be a 3 or 4 min game with lopdided roflstomps?

Many contributors commented on it too.

It's seems to be the norm, not just a meta

Is this fun or frustrating...  whether you on win or lose side?

Bet few recruits really gonna stick around in this meme..!?!

recently enemy had three ebr (no platoon) , our team had none. Guess who won in few minutes.

also noticed grinding some tier  vi getting derped much more often by tier viii SPG spotted by ebrs.

Is this to dumbddown wot, to get it more phone (literally called blitz I'm told) or ipad console whamwbam lcd fps ?

(noticed many short stomps more often on certain unbalanced maps, andalowtier maps at high tier

eg provence)

It literally gives me a headache.

UserZer00 #11 Posted 27 October 2019 - 10:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12772 battles

View Postcro001, on 27 October 2019 - 10:06 PM, said:

Play OP tanks honestly.

OK, but I'm curious as to how you go about playing OP tanks dishonestly?

Bordhaw #12 Posted 27 October 2019 - 10:38 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15042 battles

View PostStronkiTonki, on 27 October 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

Best Way To Deal With Stomps?

cro001 #13 Posted 27 October 2019 - 11:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33033 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostUserZer00, on 27 October 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

OK, but I'm curious as to how you go about playing OP tanks dishonestly?

As I do own T95/Chieftain and Object 907(sadly no holy grail called 279e) I just press R three times, 2-2 and right click people. That works most of the time.

vonadnan #14 Posted 27 October 2019 - 11:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29849 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
I had terrible few days at the start of September, just could not win. Deleted game, came back for Frontline and Ranked, played few randoms, did ok, but still not playing it like before. Ofc that roflstomps will happen often, just look at the balance of tanks, maps..etc. And when you include skill of the players.. Idk, I really like this game, but gonna give it a try on wow classic, hopefully things will be better in the future of wot, but I doubt it..

StronkiTonki #15 Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 34490 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View Postvonadnan, on 27 October 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

I had terrible few days at the start of September, just could not win. Deleted game, came back for Frontline and Ranked, played few randoms, did ok, but still not playing it like before. Ofc that roflstomps will happen often, just look at the balance of tanks, maps..etc. And when you include skill of the players.. Idk, I really like this game, but gonna give it a try on wow classic, hopefully things will be better in the future of wot, but I doubt it..

Had a very similair experience like a month or two ago. Often when coming back, I start getting very good games again. Then it just slowly starts going bad again.

It seems like in general I just keep taking big breaks from the game. Which is something I'm trying to avoid.

The next time I'll play and it goes bad, I'll probably play some dumb tanks on low tier.

It was an amazing feeling when I came back and was having a lot of fun. Like I was looking forward to playing WoT daily. And then it just crumbles away. It's so sad really.

I know the solution is probably not the easiest, but I really hope WG will look into this. And the HE changes they're planning is definitely not the answer. But the HP changes *might* be a step in the right direction.

Then the added prem ammo nerfs. I also think lots of heaviums just need the nerf hammer as well. There's too many of them.

But obviously I'd love to try my best and still enjoy the game before the rebalances might happen one day. That's pretty much why I made this topic, so that people can share some thoughts.

Robbie_T #16 Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20161 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
If the MM is against you in the weekend its better for your health to logg off and play something else.

vonadnan #17 Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:46 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29849 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

View PostStronkiTonki, on 28 October 2019 - 04:20 AM, said:

Had a very similair experience like a month or two ago. Often when coming back, I start getting very good games again. Then it just slowly starts going bad again.

It seems like in general I just keep taking big breaks from the game. Which is something I'm trying to avoid.

The next time I'll play and it goes bad, I'll probably play some dumb tanks on low tier.

It was an amazing feeling when I came back and was having a lot of fun. Like I was looking forward to playing WoT daily. And then it just crumbles away. It's so sad really.

I know the solution is probably not the easiest, but I really hope WG will look into this. And the HE changes they're planning is definitely not the answer. But the HP changes *might* be a step in the right direction.

Then the added prem ammo nerfs. I also think lots of heaviums just need the nerf hammer as well. There's too many of them.

But obviously I'd love to try my best and still enjoy the game before the rebalances might happen one day. That's pretty much why I made this topic, so that people can share some thoughts.

Yeah my hopes are in that huge rework of hp and stuff. There is a chance for some balance in all that.

mpf1959 #18 Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29043 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSamuraiShakaViking, on 27 October 2019 - 10:08 PM, said:

do the devs want this to be a 3 or 4 min game with lopdided roflstomps?

I should hope not, it's ridiculous, win or lose, the novelty soon wears off.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #19 Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20800 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP
I got some miracle snake oil to sell to those, who believe in switching between servers solves something. It prevents Roflstomps, adds 5% to your winrate and 1K to which ever other metric you'd like. A limited edition oil also reduces your significant other's complaints about your gaming.

As for OP, I'll step on it if on the side doing the stomping, fall back if on the receiving side.

Baldrickk #20 Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I just recognise that it's just something that happens.

You just try and do your best regardless.
13:52 Added after 2 minute

View PostTANKOPPRESSION, on 27 October 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

What you can do is accept that the game is rigged and the numbers ( peoples win rates ) say that it is , then when you are being stomped just drive into the opponent with your guns blazing and end the battle as fast as possible then move to your next battle quick fast , because your only wasting your time in that battle , its a bit more of a problem if you like to play one tank only sometimes like I do but the same applies.
  1. *Edited with this "It's rigged" nonsense.  You have some proof? Post it.  Until then,  stop embarrassing yourself.
  2. What a great tactic.  Start the snowball effect rolling against your team from the get go...  Is it any wonder you lose and blame the game when that's your attitude?

Edited by VyNKaSMyN, 03 November 2019 - 04:09 PM.
This message has been edited by the moderation team due to some inappropriate comments.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users