Jump to content


Why tho?

throwing why?

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Jethro_Grey #1 Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:30 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4863 battles
  • 815
  • [KAIN] KAIN
  • Member since:
    08-01-2015

I played a few games yesterday and half of them were bad/ horrible, mostly due to me derping or judging a situation wrong and making a play that cost me my tank. Since i'm not a very good player, no big surprise there. 

 

Why tellinmg this? Well, because i do try to not make mistakes and be helpful but i lack the experience so they happen. 

And unless team mates really bully me or start griefing, i do not throw away my tank.

 

But i also have moments/ games where i shine and do the right thing. 

So, i had two games where i did things right, the first one was a victory, the second one not. 

 

I had this game on Erlenberg in my Progetto. 

Together with another medium, i went east to the Hill. 

He took a shot from an EBR and immediately ran away, which left me alone (with arty support tho) on this flank as the rest of our team went center and west and pushed the enemy cap (assault). I am glad that i held that flank, otherwise, the enemy would have flanked us.

Up until the end it was a close game, with us having an advantage in tanks over the enemy team. 

 

I pushed towards the buildings in the north-east corner near the woods where the northern teams TDs and arty usually camp, and with the help of our arty we killed everything except for two tanks.

 

Due to a sneaky TD and an enemy Progetto, i lost most of my HP, so i couldn't move up to spot the rest of them.

I pinged on of our remaining TDs to pls move up and at least support, cause if i'm gonna do the hero run, i want to make sure that we get at least two of them. 

 

So instead of moving out of the center, he turned around and moved south towards our spawn.

Pinned down without any spotting, the TD blasted me the second i peaked around the corner. 

Which prompted our TD to turn around again, expose his tank and get deleted. 

 

Needless to say that our arty didn't had a chance. 

 

So, why would he throw the game? We could have won, all he had to do was move up and shoot whatever i would have spotted. He sure would have taken a hit of two, but he was on full HP. So, why tho? He's not even a bad player (based on his stats). 



Stevies_Team #2 Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:43 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15765 battles
  • 1,821
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

It's random

 

You get random teams with random people who do random things

 

If you want people who are equally motivated you want skill based matchmaking



Bora_BOOM #3 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:21 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 29897 battles
  • 4,082
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

Murovanka. South spawn. A fairly balanced battle.

Skoda T27 camps base, makes a small circle, returns to a bush and goes AFK.

AT 15 was there also doing nothing. Probably AFK as well.

Lost. Nothing you can do.



splash_time #4 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14368 battles
  • 853
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View PostStevies_Team, on 28 October 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

It's random

 

You get random teams with random people who do random things

 

If you want people who are equally motivated you want skill based matchmaking

 

As @Stevies_team said.

Game is random, yesterday I had a teammate (botmate) camped in base with his WZ 5A and me with my friends rushed the heavy side and done our best but enemy TDs got us finally.  

If he came with us, with have could win our flank, but he didn't, so....

 

Nvm it, it's just a game.


Edited by splash_time, 28 October 2019 - 01:23 PM.


chainreact0r #5 Posted 28 October 2019 - 03:50 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 35185 battles
  • 540
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011

Ah, the curse of seeing what went wrong and how it could have been prevented.

Since i came back after 2 years break, i just can't play as well as i used to. At first it was annoying, but after a while i accepted the fact. The problem is that i play recklessly and ignore my instincts.

For example i notice an ally is having trouble, and i could help him, but that would require me to waste time going there, so i choose not to, even though both in the heat of the moment and in retrospective, it would have been the best course of action. And after i inevitably fail, or perform worse than i should have, i reflect and realize all the mistakes. 

This creates an annoying state of mind, in which instead of enjoying a decent battle, or accepting the fact that the enemy outplayed me, i realize that i made huge mistakes which could have been easily avoided with a bit of attention. And this continues in a vicious cycle.

What i want to say, is that ignorance is bliss.



Solstad1069 #6 Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:49 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 45956 battles
  • 3,702
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013
@OP, you do realize there are tanks to grind in this game? Pretty sure you must be one of WG best customers, but all those tier 8 premiums are holding your stats down.
This is not a guess.

Bordhaw #7 Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:40 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 15581 battles
  • 5,322
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View Postchainreact0r, on 28 October 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

Since i came back after 2 years break, i just can't play as well as i used to. 

 



Lanrefni #8 Posted 28 October 2019 - 10:49 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 36097 battles
  • 5,141
  • [STAYA] STAYA
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012
You still don't realise that you're actually only able to depend on yourself? Unless you are with platoon mates, you're are in fact, by yourself.

Jethro_Grey #9 Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:13 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4863 battles
  • 815
  • [KAIN] KAIN
  • Member since:
    08-01-2015

View Postchainreact0r, on 28 October 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

Ah, the curse of seeing what went wrong and how it could have been prevented.

Since i came back after 2 years break, i just can't play as well as i used to. At first it was annoying, but after a while i accepted the fact. The problem is that i play recklessly and ignore my instincts.

For example i notice an ally is having trouble, and i could help him, but that would require me to waste time going there, so i choose not to, even though both in the heat of the moment and in retrospective, it would have been the best course of action. And after i inevitably fail, or perform worse than i should have, i reflect and realize all the mistakes. 

This creates an annoying state of mind, in which instead of enjoying a decent battle, or accepting the fact that the enemy outplayed me, i realize that i made huge mistakes which could have been easily avoided with a bit of attention. And this continues in a vicious cycle.

What i want to say, is that ignorance is bliss.

 

Sometimes it is indeed.

 

View PostSolstad1069, on 28 October 2019 - 07:49 PM, said:

@OP, you do realize there are tanks to grind in this game? Pretty sure you must be one of WG best customers, but all those tier 8 premiums are holding your stats down.
This is not a guess.

 

True, i 'was' a good customer. 

 

TBH, i doubt that the TVIII tanks are the only reason my stats are crap, i simply don't have enough time to play WoT enough to gain more experience and to judge situations correctly. 

I do however gonna start grinding two new lines  in addition to the two i'm currently doing (T54ltwt and IS3), and this time without free XPing tanks.

 

View PostlnfernaI, on 28 October 2019 - 10:49 PM, said:

You still don't realise that you're actually only able to depend on yourself? Unless you are with platoon mates, you're are in fact, by yourself.

 

I blame the mind set with which i Play WoT. 

 

In WoWS, i'm good enough to handle myself in most situations, avoid certain situations, see how the battle develops and act/ react accordingly. 

I can do that lone wolf thing and still win, either by carrying or by being a supporter, depending on the situation and class of ship i'm playing. 

 

In WoT, i lack all of that, so i limit myself to be the supporter regardless of class, with the exception of HT maybe, where i try to tank for my team (with not  alot of success). I try to do the Right thing, and apply things i learned from watching QB, Foch and that Skill guy, but knowing the theory and applying it in game is not easy.



samuelx43a #10 Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:30 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27912 battles
  • 1,277
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

yea, its random. But by the way you are speaking, you'll get there.

 

Believe me, I was worse than you, much worse at around 9k mark (and only managed to get to 50% at my 15k battle mark or so)

Regardless, these things are learnt from experience and some people take a long time, others take less.

 

The joy and the bane of WoT is the random element, but that is what makes the game today what it is after all



sgtYester #11 Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:48 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 58319 battles
  • 1,796
  • [RANGF] RANGF
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

View PostJethro_Grey, on 28 October 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

I played a few games yesterday and half of them were bad/ horrible, mostly due to me derping or judging a situation wrong and making a play that cost me my tank. Since i'm not a very good player, no big surprise there. 

 

Why tellinmg this? Well, because i do try to not make mistakes and be helpful but i lack the experience so they happen. 

And unless team mates really bully me or start griefing, i do not throw away my tank.

 

But i also have moments/ games where i shine and do the right thing. 

So, i had two games where i did things right, the first one was a victory, the second one not. 

 

I had this game on Erlenberg in my Progetto. 

Together with another medium, i went east to the Hill. 

He took a shot from an EBR and immediately ran away, which left me alone (with arty support tho) on this flank as the rest of our team went center and west and pushed the enemy cap (assault). I am glad that i held that flank, otherwise, the enemy would have flanked us.

Up until the end it was a close game, with us having an advantage in tanks over the enemy team. 

 

I pushed towards the buildings in the north-east corner near the woods where the northern teams TDs and arty usually camp, and with the help of our arty we killed everything except for two tanks.

 

Due to a sneaky TD and an enemy Progetto, i lost most of my HP, so i couldn't move up to spot the rest of them.

I pinged on of our remaining TDs to pls move up and at least support, cause if i'm gonna do the hero run, i want to make sure that we get at least two of them. 

 

So instead of moving out of the center, he turned around and moved south towards our spawn.

Pinned down without any spotting, the TD blasted me the second i peaked around the corner. 

Which prompted our TD to turn around again, expose his tank and get deleted. 

 

Needless to say that our arty didn't had a chance. 

 

So, why would he throw the game? We could have won, all he had to do was move up and shoot whatever i would have spotted. He sure would have taken a hit of two, but he was on full HP. So, why tho? He's not even a bad player (based on his stats). 

why??

 

WN8

 

thats why



Jethro_Grey #12 Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:50 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4863 battles
  • 815
  • [KAIN] KAIN
  • Member since:
    08-01-2015

View PostsgtYester, on 29 October 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

why??

 

WN8

 

thats why


Can you elaborate? Doesn't winning increase the WN8 thingy? Or are you refering to my WN8? 







Also tagged with throwing, why?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users