TVP T 27 or Turtle Mk.I?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

pihip #1 Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16103 battles

Yes, they're totally different tanks with different playstyles, but that's not the issue.

My main concern is, which of the two is the better credit maker, and better handles the current meta (and therefore has better chances of getting good games)?

Negativvv #2 Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:44 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 13615 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

For the Skoda, wait for the Progetto to be on sale again, it's better in every way.

Turtle is just a slow TD with no turret. Probably won't fun, higher tiers will just gold spam your face for GG.

_6i6_ #3 Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19586 battles
  • [A__K] A__K

View Postpihip, on 28 October 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

Yes, they're totally different tanks with different playstyles, but that's not the issue.

My main concern is, which of the two is the better credit maker, and better handles the current meta (and therefore has better chances of getting good games)?

none

tank276 #4 Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 53901 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Dont know about the credit income of each, but I was pretty dissapointed about the Skoda's performance. Would rather have a Progetto or the T44-100.

Haven't bought the turtle but 20 km/h max speed is a no for me.

Stevies_Team #5 Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13892 battles

You really need mobility in the current meta if you want to get serious

The Turtle is for a sado masochistic sort of Wot mentality if you like that sort of thing

Which is why I've got one

It's the only tonk I have where you can point it at a spot in the map, press c 3 times, go for a pee, then come back to prepare for battle

Edited by Stevies_Team, 28 October 2019 - 11:49 AM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:50 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

Turretless TDs no matter how good they are will eventually get very boring to play. Mediums and even better mediums with autoloader there are a lot of things to do and there is always room for improvement. Even if the Turtle made better credits that won't help at all if you can't play it anymore.

Standard penetration for the Turtle is higher of course because it's a TD but the shell cost is 710 for 330 alpha compared to 340 credits for 240 alpha in the Skoda. With a fast medium you can put in a little effort in playing and use standard ammo. But with a slow front line TD if you don't load gold and pen that monster in front of you chances are you will lose the engagement.

Cobra6 #7 Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16530 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I struggle to imagine this is a serious question.

You are asking if a mobile tank with a turret and an autoloader is inferior to a slow tank with a static gun?

Of course it isn't, anything without a turret is basically handicapping yourself for no good reason. Also since *most* armor in this game is easily negated by all the gold-spam. (with the exception of some RASJA armor and completely over-buffed flat armor of some other nations) that isn't really a benefit either to trade for speed, something which you can always use.

Never *ever* spend real world money on a static gun TD unless it's the E-25.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 28 October 2019 - 11:54 AM.

chainreact0r #8 Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34775 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
The real question is progetto 46 or ts-5?
10:57 Added after 3 minute

View PostCobra6, on 28 October 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

You are asking if a mobile tank with a turret and an autoloader is inferior to a slow tank with a static gun?

Of course it isn't, anything without a turret is basically handicapping yourself for no good reason. Also since *most* armor in this game is easily negated by all the gold-spam. (with the exception of some RASJA armor and completely over-buffed flat armor of some other nations) that isn't really a benefit either to trade for speed, something which you can always use.

Cobra 6

Technically, you are right.

Practically, there are so many handicapped heavies at tier 8 and 9 that a slow tank with high dpm and good armor plows through them all. There is a reason why the tortoise and t95 are considered blatantly OP. The problem is that tier 8 TD's don't have enough firepower and armor tier for tier when compared to their tier 9 big brothers.

____Green____ #9 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24753 battles
  • [B4LV] B4LV

T27, lorreine, progetto etc =  Mobile tank, autoloader - all u need to gain wgrubels

Turtle - One direction tank, 9 out of 10 times u will face heavy armored opponents (IX and X tier) face to face so premium ammo will be used as basic. This tank is strong while its LP is hiden and opponent dont have opportunity to hide its weakspots. 

Recently I played badger ~30 battles. I have 3173 avr dmg and 1011 exp in this period and at this moment if I be able to keep those numbers for next 20 battles - I will be top 2 EU this month on that tank.. Badgers DPM is almost 4k minute and turns out I am extremely bad on this tank? No - Almost every time u arrive to hotspot - brawl is almost over. :DI am sure - same story with turtle.

Ohh.. BTW...

Even badger is 3 shot for almost every tier X SPG if it hits "roof".

Edited by ____Green____, 28 October 2019 - 12:30 PM.

Hellraiser0201 #10 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24445 battles
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-

Panther 8,8

Spoiler

Edited by Hellraiser0201, 28 October 2019 - 12:47 PM.

Stevies_Team #11 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13892 battles

View PostHellraiser0201, on 28 October 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

Panther 8,8

I got one

its a sado masochistic thing

You need 100% gold loadout btw

Cobra6 #12 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16530 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postchainreact0r, on 28 October 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

Technically, you are right.

Practically, there are so many handicapped heavies at tier 8 and 9 that a slow tank with high dpm and good armor plows through them all. There is a reason why the tortoise and t95 are considered blatantly OP. The problem is that tier 8 TD's don't have enough firepower and armor tier for tier when compared to their tier 9 big brothers.

And don't forget most T8's also don't have the DPM that both T7 and T9 have, because their DPM is still balanced for 2010 WoT.

But yeah, the Tortoise and T95 are indeed over performing but I'd hazard a guess that has got to do more with the fact that 90% of the player base is mediocre (and bouncing shots) rather then the vehicles actually be good (or fun to play).

Cobra6

pihip #13 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16103 battles

View PostCobra6, on 28 October 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

Cobra 6

I'm not one for trolling or nonsense so yes, this is a serious question.

Also, what might be obvious to you is not obvious at all for others. I could argue that even a slow brick like the Turtle has its place in the game, but it would be wasted time on my part so I won't press the matter further.

View Postchainreact0r, on 28 October 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

This. I'd argue that T95 is only OP when it can crawl down a corridor without being threatened by arty and flanking (Tortoise seems better overall, even with 400 alpha damage per shot instead of 750), but that's just my 2 cents after trying the tank for a while. Also, the much wider gun arc of the Tortoise provides added flexibility, even to what is essentially a pillbox on tracks. And of course, there's the imba DPM.

View Post____Green____, on 28 October 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

T27, lorreine, progetto etc =  Mobile tank, autoloader - all u need to gain wgrubels

Turtle - One direction tank, 9 out of 10 times u will face heavy armored opponents (IX and X tier) face to face so premium ammo will be used as basic. This tank is strong while its LP is hiden and opponent dont have opportunity to hide its weakspots. 

Recently I played badger ~30 battles. I have 3173 avr dmg and 1011 exp in this period and at this moment if I be able to keep those numbers for next 20 battles - I will be top 2 EU this month on that tank.. Badgers DPM is almost 4k minute and turns out I am extremely bad on this tank? No - Almost every time u arrive to hotspot - brawl is almost over. :DI am sure - same story with turtle.

Ohh.. BTW...

Even badger is 3 shot for almost every tier X SPG if it hits "roof".

In fairness, what you say applies to all British TDs of the Badger line (arty magnet, late to the party), or any turretless assault gun for that matter. For the Brits, the speed itself was not a major issue (for me at least), it was the anemic firepower that killed the fun. :angry:

View PostHellraiser0201, on 28 October 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

Panther 8,8

Nice! How could I have forgotten about that! Shame on me. /s

@Everyone

I should've specified earlier that I'm not interested in Progetto and/or TS-5, and that this thread only concerns the T 27 and the Turtle. My mistake.

Cobra6 #14 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16530 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postpihip, on 28 October 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

I'm not one for trolling or nonsense so yes, this is a serious question.

Also, what might be obvious to you is not obvious at all for others. I could argue that even a slow brick like the Turtle has its place in the game, but it would be wasted time on my part so I won't press the matter further.

Indeed, they are great helpless XP-Pinata's/targets if one is not dumb enough to approach them from the front ;)

But as far as being obvious, you are right it might not be obvious for others. That being said to me it's like asking if a candle is better for lighting a room than a lightbulb.....

Cobra 6

____Green____ #15 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24753 battles
  • [B4LV] B4LV

View Postpihip, on 28 October 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

In fairness, what you say applies to all British TDs of the Badger line (arty magnet, late to the party), or any turretless assault gun for that matter. For the Brits, the speed itself was not a major issue (for me at least), it was the anemic firepower that killed the fun. :angry:

Sorry, Im still struggling with my english. :) And time to time its hard for me to explain my opinion...

British turretless tanks is awesome, IX and X is great and fun. DPM is mind blowing but in fact there is so many if's to reach maximum potential of those pups.

Turtle in this state is tier VIII Badgertoise and it has:

(vents, rammer, food)

DPM

Damage
Penetration (mm)
Reload time (sec)
Rate of fire (rnds/min)
11.49 (same as obj907)
Aim time (sec)
1.49 (grille, strv)

If tanks.gg is correct and ppl are ok to trade mobility to this - way to go :D

Tnx god WG ppl have enough "grey mass" and this sht has APCR instead of HEAT as premium ammo. 

Edited by ____Green____, 28 October 2019 - 01:28 PM.

pihip #16 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16103 battles

View PostCobra6, on 28 October 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

Indeed, they are great helpless XP-Pinata's/targets if one is not dumb enough to approach them from the front ;)

But as far as being obvious, you are right it might not be obvious for others. That being said to me it's like asking if a candle is better for lighting a room than a lightbulb.....

Cobra 6

Yeah, I know what happens when someone gets to your side-rear, especially when they are fast (meds, lights) and you are slow. It's pretty frustrating. :sceptic:

Anyway, I see your point and can agree with it. Turtle is definitely the easier tank to play, but even if inferior to Progetto (one could argue Progetto is overtuned but that's for another thread), Skoda does have superior flexibility and can better adapt to a match as it (d)evolves. :)

That, and even though I'm not great with mediums I've been waiting for a dedicated Czechoslovakian Tier 8 premium for years. I missed out when it first went on sale (along with the special Jan Zizka style and a ton of blueprints, joke on me), so missing again would be unpleasant.

TankkiPoju #17 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23746 battles

Just get Progetto 46 or LT-432. Very fun to play and both are also very usable in Frontlines.

Personally T-44-100 is my favorite tier 8, but Progetto 46 is miles better still.

Bulldog_Drummond #18 Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33393 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View Postpihip, on 28 October 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

Probably depends on skill level.  I'm mediocre but have found the Turtle a good credit maker, typically making about 50K net per game, and getting (so far) 67% wins despite my being in the bottom 2% of Turtle players.  Seems to be mostly top tier in randoms and rarely needs to fire gold ammo.  

But it's not for anyone who finds a very slow, turretless TD boring, or who doesn't already have a decent British trained crew.

Bordhaw #19 Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:20 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15106 battles

View Postpihip, on 28 October 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

My main concern is, which of the two is the better credit maker, and better handles the current meta 

Bulldog_Drummond #20 Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33393 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

Here's an example of a game I played a minute ago.  No genius play involved but it easily racks up 2700 damage in a Tier X game using only standard ammo, and takes home 67K net credits

The rapid aim and good disp make snapshots effective, and the traverse is pretty decent.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5071469#ghost_town-bulldog_drummond-turtle_mk_i

Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 28 October 2019 - 08:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users