• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

ValkyrionX #1 Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:59 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53290 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

Premise:

Although I am among the top 300 players for the country I have selected for me to have yet another premium tier 8 or a few days more of premium or 1000 more bonds does not change my life as I have tons of premium vehicles, an excellent amount of bonds and premium days.

I specify it before someone comes to write that I'm "whining" because I want to win the premium vehicle.

No, I'm just saying that at the WG they never miss opportunities to do crap.

Personally I can make a good number of points a day and although today I haven't played much I am among the top 300 for British vehicles, but this does not mean that this event be well thought out.

[extracted from another thread]

Point one, you cannot base an event that claims the performance of the individual player on the number of consecutive victories , since WoT is a multiplayer game with format 15 vs 15.
So you can also play a stratospheric game[s] and lose and have to start all over again as your team is made up of other 14 players.

And since it's a team multiplayer game, victory doesn't depend on the individual player.
This applies to players of all types, from the strongest to the poorest.
This thing has no logical sense to exist.

Point two, this event is forcing the players to play in platoons to try to have more influence in the games and be able to win 8 games in a row.

Obviously even playing incredible games with your friends in platoon you can lose and have to start again.
So the WG basically advised the players to rigg the event.
Obviously those who have understood it from the first day find themselves enormously advantaged in the rankings.

Point three, the WG asks you to join a nation and then lets you play the vehicles you want, and therefore also from other countries , to complete the required number of victories.
But then why should it be called Eight-Nations Event if you can register in one country and then use vehicles from other nations?
Can anyone manage to give me a sense of this?

Point four, the WG has not announced at all this event; or at least did not announce it adequately and I say this in defense of so many players who did not often visit the site or the forum knew absolutely nothing about this event and obviously did not have time to participate and are now clearly penalized.

Point five, the WG is giving away premium tanks, bonds and special missions in an event based on the WR of the players instead of basing it on the real performance of the single player but taking instead [crazy] account of the performance of other 14 players since I when I press the "battle" button I'm playing with 14 other people who will influence my team's victory or defeat 100%.
This event had to be based on the exp obtained in a certain number of games, or on the number of kills or on the amount of damage always in a certain number of games.
An event cannot be based on the player's winrate as this is a huge advantage for players with high WR and obviously for all those vehicles that on average have WRs higher than the others and therefore better performances in battle.

Point six, who conceived this event as it is, and even more so those who approved it should go and hide in a hole and feel shame.

Point seven, the WG also allowing "veteran" players to be able to participate in this event with vehicles even under tier 8, even going as far as tier 5, is clearly favoring a ridiculous and somewhat pathetic seal clubbing clearly going to disadvantage new players.

This event should be suspended immediately, the rankings cleared and re-propose the event with a format that really takes into account the performance of the individual player in battle.

This event stinks, as many of the missions of personal campaigns stink , which often require nonsensical thing and that too often are based on factors unrelated to the performance of the individual player.

Yet another hole in the water from WG.

If you WG have dignity this event should be immediately suspended.

feoffle3 #2 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12262 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

I normally avoid even getting involved with events like this to avoid frustration, this one is no different.

The problem is, I can imagine it's extremely difficult to devise an event, where someone smart or devious enough, isn't able to figure out a way to rig the system.

I can sympathise with wargaming on this point.

Negativvv #3 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13519 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

You mean there are people who actually tried for this event?

I picked German and forgot about it...

ValkyrionX #4 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:12 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53290 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostNegativvv, on 28 October 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

My friend, there are some premium vehicles [ 1.010 premium tanks to be exact ] up for grabs that have a commercial value and a lot of players are obviously rigging a tier 5 in platoons , so I find this event dishonest cuz that doesn't take into consideration the single player's performance but requires the player only the luck to have 14 other players [or 12 if you play in platoon] to help you win the game , this event is pure junk ,  badly designed and that does not take into consideration the real performance of the player, you can make beautiful games on your own or in platoon but statistically it is not written anywhere that you can win 8 games consecutively.

If the event had been based, as in the past with the event "100 years of tanks" on the exp obtained, or perhaps on the damage or the kills it would have been an event that really took into consideration the skill of the single player instead of base it on RNG, the often unbalanced maps and the total causality of the teams.

Whoever designed this event obviously doesn't play WoT.

Edited by ValkyrionX, 28 October 2019 - 12:17 PM.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 73320 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostNegativvv, on 28 October 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

As I suspect many did, or at least picked a nation and just played more so then focused about it. 

Sure it can favor platoons, or people playing tier 5's to get 8 wins etc. But more so then not, it's a luck based event vs skill. If it was a skill event, someone would complain about that too as it only rewards good players vs bad. Heck people complain about even winning as a requierment. So we see topics like this regardless. But it's still better than the intel event that was neither of those, and just had people in tier III's that yoloed in Pz1c 200 times a day for easy points.

ValkyrionX #6 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:19 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53290 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostBalc0ra, on 28 October 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

As I suspect many did, or at least picked a nation and just played more so then focused about it. 

Sure it can favor platoons, or people playing tier 5's to get 8 wins etc. But more so then not, it's a luck based event vs skill. If it was a skill event, someone would complain about that too as it only rewards good players vs bad. Heck people complain about even winning as a requierment. So we see topics like this regardless. But it's still better than the intel event that was neither of those, and just had people in tier III's that yoloed in Pz1c 200 times a day for easy points.

well at least if it was based on the skill of the individual player, it would have made a logical sense , asking the gamer simply to base an event on external factors that do not depend on the individual player is really ridiculous.

I personally call myself out of this pathetic event , the WG has always been a way of disappointing its players

Edited by ValkyrionX, 28 October 2019 - 12:21 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:27 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34294 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostValkyrionX, on 28 October 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

well at least if it was based on the skill of the individual player, it would have made a logical sense , asking the gamer simply to base an event on external factors that do not depend on the individual player is really ridiculous.

I personally call myself out of this pathetic event , the WG has always been a way of disappointing its players

Basing it on skill just favours the better players. That's not fair on everyone else so no, your suggestion is just as poorly thought out as the one WG came up with.

gunslingerXXX #8 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:29 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12927 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
I'm waiting for the moment all players not visiting the forums and are hardcore grinding the wrong nation start to complain they won't get the rewards they thought they would...

ValkyrionX #9 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:34 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53290 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 28 October 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

Basing it on skill just favours the better players. That's not fair on everyone else so no, your suggestion is just as poorly thought out as the one WG came up with.

comment without sensing my friend, this is a competitive game and therefore basing an event with premium vehicles , premium days and bonds as prizes on the randomness of the teams you find yourself when you press the "battle" button is a bul**it as big as the eiffel tower

If this reasoning were applied to all the other prizes that can be won in tournaments, in cw or in personal missions this game would have been dead years ago.

However in any way an event is proposed it would be in favor of the strongest players.

Do you probably miss that the players with higher WR have more chances to win 8 games in a row compared to players with significantly lower WRs?

The better players are always advantaged [and rightly so] because they are better.

Your reasoning makes no sense.

11:38 Added after 4 minute

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 28 October 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

I'm waiting for the moment all players not visiting the forums and are hardcore grinding the wrong nation start to complain they won't get the rewards they thought they would...

what do you mean by wrong nation? each nation has its own ranking and the first 101 players win the vehicle.

GodTank2 #10 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7993 battles
  • [RF_] RF_

Of course  a victory/defeat depends on the player. Why do you think that every 2/3k wn8 player has 52+ WR? Did they just get lucky in their 20k games and got more wins that defeats? If i go into a match and have bad teammates and the enemy has slightly better teammates but i go and do 6k damage i am heavily gonna influence the battle. Althought some games are bound to be lost from the start due to the high skill difference of the teams most games can be influenced by individual skill and therefore good players have no issue getting 4-6 wins in a row and some days can even get 8 wins streak.

Also the rewards are nowhere near amazing for people to be complaining that this event is "Unfair"

Richthoffen #11 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:44 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30267 battles
  • [MS-] MS-
personaly I feel any event or mission that includes winning useless in a team based game

gunslingerXXX #12 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12927 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostValkyrionX, on 28 October 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

what do you mean by wrong nation? each nation has its own ranking and the first 101 players win the vehicle.

Are you sure about that? I thought I read that only the players in the winning nation got the rewards. But maybe I'm mistaken

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 28 October 2019 - 12:51 PM.

ValkyrionX #13 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:52 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53290 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostGodTank2, on 28 October 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

Of course  a victory/defeat depends on the player. Why do you think that every 2/3k wn8 player has 52+ WR? Did they just get lucky in their 20k games and got more wins that defeats? If i go into a match and have bad teammates and the enemy has slightly better teammates but i go and do 6k damage i am heavily gonna influence the battle. Althought some games are bound to be lost from the start due to the high skill difference of the teams most games can be influenced by individual skill and therefore good players have no issue getting 4-6 wins in a row and some days can even get 8 wins streak.

Also the rewards are nowhere near amazing for people to be complaining that this event is "Unfair"

this event is not unfair, it really sucks because it is badly designed, and like many campaign missions it has nothing to do with the skill of the individual player.

Even doing high damage, as often happens to me, does not mean winning a game at all.

Two days ago playing in the platoon with my fellow clans we managed to win 9 game in a row by playing tier 8 vehicles and my games were definitely mediocre.

Maybe you are playing your vehicle and you can literally wreak the enemies in front of you but in other areas of the map your team is losing and therefore you will find yourself in numerical disadvantage , doing damage does not automatically mean winning the game.

edit:

say this because, for example, yesterday with my obj279 I played a good game with about 8k damage and my team lost all the rest of the map, so my consecutive series of victories was interrupted because of 14 others players.

Same thing when I played my hellcat, the game ended in a draw because of a player who remained afk until time ran out, when he would have won the game if he had destroyed the opponents arty in time.
So my series of consecuteive victories was stopped due to an external event and not under my direct control.

11:53 Added after 0 minute

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 28 October 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

Are you sure about that? I thought I read that only the players in the winning nation got the rewards. But maybe I'm mistaken

where did you read it? I don't remember reading this thing anywhere to be honest.

Edited by ValkyrionX, 28 October 2019 - 12:58 PM.

WhoCares01 #14 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22172 battles

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 28 October 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

You are correct, only the top 1000 of the winning nation get the final rewards, the rest only get the 10 points personal rewards...

I am currently ranked ~130 - for the Brits *doh* Wonder where I would be placed with my 36 points if I had choosen the Germans...

Edited by WhoCares01, 28 October 2019 - 12:58 PM.

ValkyrionX #15 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53290 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostWhoCares01, on 28 October 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

You are correct, only the top 1000 of the winning nation get the final rewards, the rest only get the 10 points personal rewards...

even if this thing is true it does not change the fact that this event starts with the wrong assumptions and it was very badly conceived

Edited by ValkyrionX, 28 October 2019 - 01:00 PM.

splash_time #16 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13128 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsplash_time, on 28 October 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

Seriously, who even try for it? I tried for the first set (and BTW, I've chosen Germany), and the best thing that I managed to get was six wins in a row, and after that? All were lose. And I couldn't enter that "leadboard", so I gave up. 

Seriously, why should we even try?... for one premium tank and 7 prem days?... they had to set 3-4 good premium tanks and let the players choose one of them. 

Just worth it.

Seriously, who even try for it? I tried for the first set (and BTW, I've chosen Germany), and the best thing that I managed to get was six wins in a row, and after that? All were lose. And I couldn't enter that "leadboard", so I gave up. 

Seriously, why should we even try?... for one premium tank and 7 prem days?... they had to set 3-4 good premium tanks and let the players choose one of them. 

Just not worth it.

Edited by splash_time, 28 October 2019 - 01:04 PM.

WhoCares01 #17 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22172 battles

View PostValkyrionX, on 28 October 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

even if this thing is true it does not change the fact that this event starts with the wrong assumptions and it was very badly conceived

It is true - I would quote it but I am on a mobile...

It says on the page where the rewards for the different leagues are listed: “The nation with the highest score will receive the following gifts...“

I misunderstood it as well, picked the Brits because I anyway grind some crew XP in their tanks....

TheNightFox #18 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9583 battles

View PostValkyrionX, on 28 October 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

Premise:

Although I am among the top 300 players for the country I have selected for me to have yet another premium tier 8 or a few days more of premium or 1000 more bonds does not change my life as I have tons of premium vehicles, an excellent amount of bonds and premium days.

I specify it before someone comes to write that I'm "whining" because I want to win the premium vehicle.

No, I'm just saying that at the WG they never miss opportunities to do crap.

Personally I can make a good number of points a day and although today I haven't played much I am among the top 300 for British vehicles, but this does not mean that this event be well thought out.

[extracted from another thread]

Point one, you cannot base an event that claims the performance of the individual player on the number of consecutive victories , since WoT is a multiplayer game with format 15 vs 15.
So you can also play a stratospheric game[s] and lose and have to start all over again as your team is made up of other 14 players.

And since it's a team multiplayer game, victory doesn't depend on the individual player.
This applies to players of all types, from the strongest to the poorest.
This thing has no logical sense to exist.

Point two, this event is forcing the players to play in platoons to try to have more influence in the games and be able to win 8 games in a row.

Obviously even playing incredible games with your friends in platoon you can lose and have to start again.
So the WG basically advised the players to rigg the event.
Obviously those who have understood it from the first day find themselves enormously advantaged in the rankings.

Point three, the WG asks you to join a nation and then lets you play the vehicles you want, and therefore also from other countries , to complete the required number of victories.
But then why should it be called Eight-Nations Event if you can register in one country and then use vehicles from other nations?
Can anyone manage to give me a sense of this?

Point four, the WG has not announced at all this event; or at least did not announce it adequately and I say this in defense of so many players who did not often visit the site or the forum knew absolutely nothing about this event and obviously did not have time to participate and are now clearly penalized.

Point five, the WG is giving away premium tanks, bonds and special missions in an event based on the WR of the players instead of basing it on the real performance of the single player but taking instead [crazy] account of the performance of other 14 players since I when I press the "battle" button I'm playing with 14 other people who will influence my team's victory or defeat 100%.
This event had to be based on the exp obtained in a certain number of games, or on the number of kills or on the amount of damage always in a certain number of games.
An event cannot be based on the player's winrate as this is a huge advantage for players with high WR and obviously for all those vehicles that on average have WRs higher than the others and therefore better performances in battle.

Point six, who conceived this event as it is, and even more so those who approved it should go and hide in a hole and feel shame.

Point seven, the WG also allowing "veteran" players to be able to participate in this event with vehicles even under tier 8, even going as far as tier 5, is clearly favoring a ridiculous and somewhat pathetic seal clubbing clearly going to disadvantage new players.

This event should be suspended immediately, the rankings cleared and re-propose the event with a format that really takes into account the performance of the individual player in battle.

This event stinks, as many of the missions of personal campaigns stink , which often require nonsensical thing and that too often are based on factors unrelated to the performance of the individual player.

Yet another hole in the water from WG.

If you WG have dignity this event should be immediately suspended.

I'm not arguing that it's a great event. But considering how much good players shame others based on win-rate, I wouldn't be so adamant that it's not a skill based requirement. Does it have a lot of randomness involved? Sure. But you shouldn't be playing this game if you're allergic to that, because RNG has "random" in it's name. So.. git good :teethhappy:

Note: Yea, I'm aware you are a better player than myself, but isn't that what unicums like to tell people?

And yea.. while wargaming can come up with fun stuff, for example Steel Hunter was pretty fun for me, they also do a LOT of lame events. I just choose to ignore the lame ones. You live only once.

Edited by TheNightFox, 28 October 2019 - 01:15 PM.

_6i6_ #19 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19467 battles
  • [A__K] A__K

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 28 October 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

yes and only if you are in the 1000 first i suppose

gunslingerXXX #20 Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:00 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12927 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostValkyrionX, on 28 October 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

I agree

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users