Jump to content


Tanks Are Now Available for Bonds!


  • Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:43 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 31,498
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Make the best use of your Bonds and get some great vehicles!

The full text of the news item

theVenom #2 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:46 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 33991 battles
  • 71
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

It would be awesome and kind of important to know which tanks would be possible to buy in a future rotation. We are talking about 15000 Bonds. That is not easy to achieve for a mediochre evening player.

 

Could I get one of the good tanks? obj.907/chieftain/VK?



eekeeboo #3 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:48 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 47115 battles
  • 2,519
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

Right now there's no plan for future tanks, but to measure the feedback on these and to see if this works/is popular :) For sure it will be not in the immediate future and there will be a chance to earn bonds through the various modes and through playing well in random battles. These tanks so far are not planned to go away, so don't feel rushed into buying them. But for those with M60 code spam, they will be buying that first! 



Cobra6 #4 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:50 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16530 battles
  • 17,552
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

*
POPULAR

So to help attract more people to Clanwars, you decided to sell the rewards outright to everyone? Looks like knee-capping CW as a mode yet again (after removing T6/T8 stages because they are now blatantly P2W with all the premiums that are blatantly better then same tier standard tanks).

 

Not only are you pushing away existing CW players with something like this, you are also devaluating the whole mode for the future on top of that. Which to me, unlike you want it to go away, is just weird.

 

Why are you not selling Personal Campaign tanks, those that everyone can get anyway instead of CW tanks?

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 28 October 2019 - 01:53 PM.


Capt_Kelt #5 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:50 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 12707 battles
  • 192
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT
  • Member since:
    07-30-2011
Imo tier 8 prems arent worth the bond investment even for free to play players, and the tier 10s offered now are okay. All in all i like the feature, and cant wait to see more tanks on the list  Good one wargaming

parim1331 #6 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:50 PM

    Polish Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 7547 battles
  • 1,180
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012

View PosttheVenom, on 28 October 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

It would be awesome and kind of important to know which tanks would be possible to buy in a future rotation. We are talking about 15000 Bonds. That is not easy to achieve for a mediochre evening player.

 

Could I get one of the good tanks? obj.907/chieftain/VK?

 

The main idea of such tanks being available for bonds, is that it's going to be easy to acquire them.

For now, I would concentrate on the available tanks.

 



BSHDBCG #7 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:51 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6103 battles
  • 971
  • Member since:
    04-20-2015

Well I hope a future selection will be more to my taste, but as it is right now then these don't quite fit the bill of what I am looking for.

 

But nice to see the bond shop finally coming into the game.



Thunder_Pig #8 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:51 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 19841 battles
  • 58
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    11-13-2011
How is a weekend moppit like me supposed to get 15,000 bonds? Will there be new missions or will we just have to grind modes like Front Line and Steel Hunter (if it comes back)?

IShootYouByMistake #9 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:51 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8682 battles
  • 6
  • [DIE4M] DIE4M
  • Member since:
    07-06-2012

[edited]me, and only a week ago I spent all my saved up bonds (20k) on improved equipment. 

 

Any way to sell it again?



kuszi1994 #10 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:51 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 10899 battles
  • 92
  • Member since:
    06-05-2013
Insta bought the 121b on ptr when i tested it was just my favorite i like it ! keep it up 

parim1331 #11 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:52 PM

    Polish Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 7547 battles
  • 1,180
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012

View PostThunder_Pig, on 28 October 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

How is a weekend moppit like me supposed to get 15,000 bonds? Will there be new missions or will we just have to grind modes like Front Line and Steel Hunter (if it comes back)?

 

You can always try to go for other tanks that are available.

 

Or try to participate in Clan Wars campaigns.

 

 

 

 

12:52 Added after 0 minute

View Postkuszi1994, on 28 October 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

Insta bought the 121b on ptr when i tested it was just my favorite i like it ! keep it up 

 

Glad that you like it.



Hamsterkicker #12 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 38230 battles
  • 739
  • [KWAAK] KWAAK
  • Member since:
    08-08-2011

Well, this an interesting surprise.. Thks for seeing this through.  I saved up 15.060 bonds so it is going to be the M60...



Dragokar #13 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:54 PM

    Colonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 40948 battles
  • 3,717
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010
Just scrap clan wars campaigns now if you sell the rewards sooner or later for everyone.

RockyRoller #14 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:54 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38093 battles
  • 1,588
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
  • Member since:
    06-15-2016

looks ok to me for tanks to help some into clan wars, or for the collectors to hoard. no idea if the tanks are good for the tier but still it is a foot in the door.

 



eekeeboo #15 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:54 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 47115 battles
  • 2,519
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostCobra6, on 28 October 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

So to help attract more people to Clanwars, you decided to sell the rewards outright to everyone? Looks like knee-capping CW as a mode yet again (after removing T6/T8 stages because they are now blatantly P2W with all the premiums that are blatantly better then same tier standard tanks).

 

Not only are you pushing away existing CW players with something like this, you are also devaluating the whole mode for the future on top of that. Which to me, unlike you want it to go away, is just weird.

 

Cobra 6

It is also an opportunity to let people spend the bonds they might have earned through CW but not able to buy the tanks that were on offer. This also provides an opportunity to purchase premium tanks for bonds for those dedicated players who play at higher tiers and perhaps have a lot of bonds but nothing to spend them on :) 

 

The 2 reward tanks were considered carefully to gather further feedback from :) 

12:54 Added after 0 minute

View PostThunder_Pig, on 28 October 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

How is a weekend moppit like me supposed to get 15,000 bonds? Will there be new missions or will we just have to grind modes like Front Line and Steel Hunter (if it comes back)?

In the long term just playing well and playing tier 10 you will earn those bonds passively or keep on the look-out for game mode rewards like those from Frontline :) 



fwhaatpiraat #16 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:55 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 59357 battles
  • 1,907
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
Why act like feedback matters, when we all know it doesn't?

eekeeboo #17 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:55 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 47115 battles
  • 2,519
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostDragokar, on 28 October 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

Just scrap clan wars campaigns now if you sell the rewards sooner or later for everyone.

There are no plans to scrap CW as far as I'm aware as this is one of the best ways to keep our most dedicated players engaged :) 

12:56 Added after 0 minute

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 28 October 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

Why act like feedback matters, when we all know it doesn't?

Feedback matters, but feedback is about listening to everyone not just a select part of your audience :) 



Cobra6 #18 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16530 battles
  • 17,552
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View Posteekeeboo, on 28 October 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

The 2 reward tanks were considered carefully to gather further feedback from :) 

 

You mean that they are not broken like the 907 and Chieftain so at least they won't screw up T10 matches any further? 

 

I guess at least we have to be glad you didn't go *THAT* far.......yet

 

Cobra 6



Dragokar #19 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:58 PM

    Colonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 40948 battles
  • 3,717
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010

View Posteekeeboo, on 28 October 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

There are no plans to scrap CW as far as I'm aware as this is one of the best ways to keep our most dedicated players engaged :) 

12:56 Added after 0 minute

Feedback matters, but feedback is about listening to everyone not just a select part of your audience :) 

 

Why should we care about campaigns when get tricked anyway? Some of those tanks are Clan Wars Reward Tanks, we earned them and didn't just farm bonds to get them.....



eekeeboo #20 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:58 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 47115 battles
  • 2,519
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostCobra6, on 28 October 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

 

You mean that they are not broken like the 907 and Chieftain so at least they won't screw up T10 matches any further? 

 

I guess at least we have to be glad you didn't go *THAT* far.......yet

 

Cobra 6

They're also somewhat older and less likely to be chosen and selected by those who do play in Clanwars, this is an attempt to ensure more people can get access. Like with the old object 260 missions, people like myself did, vs the new missions. Meaning more people get access to the tank because there's no newer and shinier rewards to focus on :) 

12:59 Added after 0 minute

View PostDragokar, on 28 October 2019 - 12:58 PM, said:

 

Why should we care about campaigns when get tricked anyway? Some of those tanks are Clan Wars Reward Tanks, we earned them and didn't just farm bonds to get them.....

Campaigns were always a way for a player who's enthusiastic and likes teamplay and tactics. Even those who are able to get the rewards for bonds are significant "late to the party" vs those who play in the campaign. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users