Jump to content


The "Don't Cap" brigade


  • Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

Miller1973 #1 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:19 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11722 battles
  • 21
  • Member since:
    08-18-2016
Christ, why? How may bastard games have I played when we are winning 11-8 or 12-9 and you get arseholes saying "Dont cap" when it is a battle winner and instead go after the remaining enemies and be destroyed in the process? Do you really get many more exp/credits for destroying the enemy team rather than a base capture???

LordMuffin #2 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 53499 battles
  • 13,409
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostMiller1973, on 29 October 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

Christ, why? How may bastard games have I played when we are winning 11-8 or 12-9 and you get arseholes saying "Dont cap" when it is a battle winner and instead go after the remaining enemies and be destroyed in the process? Do you really get many more exp/credits for destroying the enemy team rather than a base capture???

No it isn't. 

 

A win is always more xp gain than a loss.

 

Which means.

Always prioritise winning over damage.

 


Edited by LordMuffin, 29 October 2019 - 07:24 PM.


xx984 #3 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:27 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 65841 battles
  • 3,718
  • [HOOT] HOOT
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

eh, I'd rather have a good defeat than a bad victory.

 

Only really ever cap if it was for a mission, Or a close game to bring the enemy to me. But then also at the same time i guess im also hunting MoE's on most tanks i play so need all the damage that's possible for them. 



IntruderFI #4 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 51374 battles
  • 627
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-05-2014

View PostLordMuffin, on 29 October 2019 - 09:22 PM, said:

No it isn't. 

 

A win is always more xp gain than a loss.

 

Which means.

Always prioritise winning over damage.

 

 

Players like you...

How the hell are you still so clueless after 50k games?

When you kill everyone you get more exp and credits

Of course you don't get anything since you are the one sitting in cap actually doing NOTHING.



UserZer00 #5 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:30 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13613 battles
  • 1,068
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View Postxx984, on 29 October 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

eh, I'd rather have a good defeat than a bad victory.

 

Only really ever cap if it was for a mission, Or a close game to bring the enemy to me. But then also at the same time i guess im also hunting MoE's on most tanks i play so need all the damage that's possible for them. 

I only don't cap if our team is winning by a landslide or all of the top tier tanks on the opposing team are destroyed with our top tiers around and in semi good health.

 

I too have seen too many games go down the toilet because of the "Don't cap" battle cry.

 

Also, if I managed to drive a slow tank all the way across to the enemy base, don't expect me to not cap.  Sorry.

18:33 Added after 2 minute

View PostIntruderFI, on 29 October 2019 - 07:29 PM, said:

 

Players like you...

How the hell are you still so clueless after 50k games?

When you kill everyone you get more exp and credits

Of course you don't get anything since you are the one sitting in cap actually doing NOTHING.

Players like you.....

if you end up with a loss when trying to kill everyone you get less exp and credits than you would have from a win by capping.

 

Plus, capping ends the game quicker, allowing you to start a new game and get more credits and exp quicker.

 

It's also better for the environment because you use less fuel and destroy fewer trees (so there)



fwhaatpiraat #6 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:33 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 61076 battles
  • 2,155
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View Postxx984, on 29 October 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

eh, I'd rather have a good defeat than a bad victory.

 

Only really ever cap if it was for a mission, Or a close game to bring the enemy to me. But then also at the same time i guess im also hunting MoE's on most tanks i play so need all the damage that's possible for them. 


This. Capping is boring, I rather get challenged.



_cro_magnon #7 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:40 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 34249 battles
  • 2,928
  • [V-TER] V-TER
  • Member since:
    10-21-2012
*Edited

Edited by VyNKaSMyN, 30 October 2019 - 04:30 PM.
This message has been edited by the moderation team due to insults.


pihip #8 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16280 battles
  • 1,326
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 29 October 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

Capping is boring, I rather get challenged.


Yeah sure, and risk making 14 other players lose because you could've been in a position to cap but no, let's throw the game for that purple WN8. :trollface:

Victory >>> defeat, end of story. Especially in a game where there's such a disparity in earnings between a win and a loss.



LordMuffin #9 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:44 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 53499 battles
  • 13,409
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostIntruderFI, on 29 October 2019 - 07:29 PM, said:

 

Players like you...

How the hell are you still so clueless after 50k games?

When you kill everyone you get more exp and credits

Of course you don't get anything since you are the one sitting in cap actually doing NOTHING.

 

Did you read what I wrote, because your post here implies you didn't.

 

Winning gives a 50% extra xp bonus. So if you are going for highest xp, you need to win.

You get higher xp for 1k dmg and winning then 5k dmg and losing (if you don't get any medals).

 



wEight_Tanker #10 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:45 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11791 battles
  • 1,382
  • [D_L_Z] D_L_Z
  • Member since:
    11-13-2016
You have no idea of what level of stupidity I had to deal with at the end of a battle. The "Don't Cap" brigade really showed their [edited]that time. So I was capping with a guy and were about to finish, otherwise, we would lose. What does the genius do? He leaves the cap and cusses at me along with his fellow einsteins that I should stop capping. Guess what happens? The idiot gets himself and me killed. Both of us were low on HP and were so effing close to capping the base. But eh... how are we supposed to raise our WN8?

Hellraiser0201 #11 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:46 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24484 battles
  • 348
  • Member since:
    02-21-2013

Capping gives very little EXP. Damaging and spotting enemy gives credits and EXP.

Cap is good option if you are low on HP or if you are bottom tier in slow tank and you cant chase the remaining enemies across the map.

Depends on many factors. Sometimes i can win 100% by capping but instead i decide to go and fight to the end and i lose against multiple oponents. I dont care so much about winning or losing when i play for gun marks. Capping is boring and in my opinion is viable option for bad players who struggle to fight the enemy, they have better chance to win by capping while avoiding combat.



xx984 #12 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:48 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 65841 battles
  • 3,718
  • [HOOT] HOOT
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View Postpihip, on 29 October 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:


Yeah sure, and risk making 14 other players lose because you could've been in a position to cap but no, let's throw the game for that purple WN8. :trollface:

Victory >>> defeat, end of story. Especially in a game where there's such a disparity in earnings between a win and a loss.

Hate to break it to ya fella but i dont play for 14 other strangers enjoyment. I play for my own enjoyment. And sitting in a white circle, over shooting tanks isn't enjoyable to me. Maybe if those 14 other players played better they wouldn't be in that position where cap was 100% the only way to win. 



Mr_Burrows #13 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:50 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 50652 battles
  • 2,467
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012

View Postxx984, on 29 October 2019 - 07:48 PM, said:

Hate to break it to ya fella but i dont play for 14 other strangers enjoyment. I play for my own enjoyment. And sitting in a white circle, over shooting tanks isn't enjoyable to me. Maybe if those 14 other players played better they wouldn't be in that position where cap was 100% the only way to win. 

 

I like winning, but to each their own I guess. 



fwhaatpiraat #14 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:51 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 61076 battles
  • 2,155
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View Postcro001, on 29 October 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

 

Aren't you that already? :trollface:

Why are -MM players so toxic :(

 

View Postpihip, on 29 October 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:


Yeah sure, and risk making 14 other players lose because you could've been in a position to cap but no, let's throw the game for that purple WN8. :trollface:

Victory >>> defeat, end of story. Especially in a game where there's such a disparity in earnings between a win and a loss.

I think I win plenty of battles for my team. WN8 in 2019? WN69 is where it's at, buddy.


Edited by fwhaatpiraat, 29 October 2019 - 07:52 PM.


LordMuffin #15 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:52 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 53499 battles
  • 13,409
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View Postxx984, on 29 October 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

eh, I'd rather have a good defeat than a bad victory.

 

Only really ever cap if it was for a mission, Or a close game to bring the enemy to me. But then also at the same time i guess im also hunting MoE's on most tanks i play so need all the damage that's possible for them. 

Personally I prefer winning over damage, so I go for wins everytime I can.



IntruderFI #16 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 51374 battles
  • 627
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-05-2014

View PostUserZer00, on 29 October 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

 

Players like you.....

if you end up with a loss when trying to kill everyone you get less exp and credits than you would have from a win by capping.

 

Plus, capping ends the game quicker, allowing you to start a new game and get more credits and exp quicker.

 

It's also better for the environment because you use less fuel and destroy fewer trees (so there)

 

I have to say this is pretty much one of the dumbest things i have read in this forum



xx984 #17 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:55 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 65841 battles
  • 3,718
  • [HOOT] HOOT
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostLordMuffin, on 29 October 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

Personally I prefer winning over damage, so I go for wins everytime I can.

And thats fair enough, While i get a little frustrated at people if they cap when its uneeded imo, At the end of the day they are playing how they want. In the same way that i do when i don't cap. 



Balc0ra #18 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:55 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 74936 battles
  • 21,619
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostMiller1973, on 29 October 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

 Do you really get many more exp/credits for destroying the enemy team rather than a base capture???

 

Base cap only gives a small bonus to the people in the cap, not the team in general. Destroying the remaining enemy tanks gives a bonus to the entire team. As in the more damage you do to the enemy as a team. The more you get. It's why fast caps on encounter hardly gives anything worth talking about.

 

In an 11-5 when you have plenty of full HP tanks, and they have a full HP top tier hiding in the corner? Then sure most want to farm him vs capping. In an 11-8 game when you have a team full of 1 shots, and 3 of their tanks have yet to be spotted or hit? Less so. But it doesn't happen that often vs the first one tbh.



jabster #19 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12790 battles
  • 26,546
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010
I'm surprised we haven't seen the it's selfish if you don't let me get more credits and exp. post yet.

NekoPuffer_PPP #20 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:57 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 35484 battles
  • 4,361
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

If there's two-or-so enemy tanks remaining, and more than half of your team is also alive, then...by all means, it's worth chasing them down. (if you can...if you're slow, just cap...if you're feeling generous, let your allies mop them up)

 

But if there's the slightest hint of losing a battle, capping is absolutely the best course of action.

 

Many battles are lost because of personal missions, and chasing that final kill or damage. I've had my mission completion stolen from me many times...be it a kill or capping...so I know how debatable those situations are.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users