War Thunder..........

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

NoobySkooby #1 Posted 30 October 2019 - 05:48 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17313 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

As opposed to WoT's,what is the attraction?

I have never entertained the idea of this game before but I am so heartily sick to death of this one,my one last goal in this game is to elite the

T 95,than after that, I can quit this Arty and APCR fest

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:43 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34294 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
From what I've seen on YouTube it seems to be an exercise in driving around one-shotting everyone. Depends how much the thought of being on the receiving end of that appeals to you.

joon7an #3 Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5945 battles
  • [KPY] KPY
War Thunder tanks is... Well it is a mixed bag to me, there are so many different types of vehicles in the same trees and with the somewhat interesting MM it can get quite chaotic. What I find enjoyable is that where you shoot matters a lot more in WT than in WoT, but I also don't enjoy its long matches or high tier cold war era tank gameplay.  

Thlurp #4 Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14193 battles
  • [JORM] JORM
don't name the one who shall not be named :ohmy:

splash_time #5 Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13128 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

In short answers.

WT: good effects and it's all about reality (you can one shot a tank by killing it's crew). 

WoT: More fun and more memes moments where you'll never forget them, and also, WT is never going to be fun like WoT.

Long answers: 

WT is way more balanced than WoT but it's hard to master, because you must learn the aiming tactics and etc, and it's MM is forming tanks like the next "German - USA" "German - UK" "USA . UK - Japan . Germany".

It's good overall, but it's not as fun as WoT. (if you're looking for fun time)

Orkbert #6 Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:52 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 28314 battles

Well, on the M3 Lee you can use both guns (provided there is still enough of the crew alive) though you don't actually switch between the guns. You aim with the turret gun and the casematte gun tries to get to the same bearing. If it can't (because you aim with the turret to the side or rear) then the casematte gun will not fire.

Similar for multi turreted tanks: there is one main gun with which you aim, and any secondary turret that can align itself at the same target will shoot if possible.

Cobra6 #7 Posted 30 October 2019 - 08:21 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16530 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

War Thunder offers realism and some nice arcade modes.

Also, it has a flight game that is actually fun as opposed to World of Warplanes.

Cobra 6

Hammerhead20 #8 Posted 30 October 2019 - 09:43 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29852 battles

If you do love to play with planes, this game is just for you.

I really enjoyed this game a few years ago.

Talking about Ground Forces... not that much.

HaZardeur #9 Posted 30 October 2019 - 09:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 37216 battles

Aerial combat is very nice in WT, Tank gameplay as others said is more realistic so if you hate being one-shotted dont play it. Also be aware that as soon as you post something on the WT forum against British Aircrafts tajj7 will jump all over you and defend them with tooth and nails. 

edit: Bonus points for WT, crews can be moved back and forth once they trained on a vehicle without penalty and it doesnt have something like XVM last I checked.

Edited by HaZardeur, 30 October 2019 - 10:01 AM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #10 Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:04 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42908 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsplash_time, on 30 October 2019 - 06:48 AM, said:

In short answers.

WT: good effects and it's all about reality (you can one shot a tank by killing it's crew).

WoT: More fun and more memes moments where you'll never forget them, and also, WT is never going to be fun like WoT.

Long answers:

WT is way more balanced than WoT but it's hard to master, because you must learn the aiming tactics and etc, and it's MM is forming tanks like the next "German - USA" "German - UK" "USA . UK - Japan . Germany".

These words be true.

Always looking for fun time:girl:

Ceeb #11 Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:44 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32647 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostNoobySkooby, on 30 October 2019 - 04:48 AM, said:

As opposed to WoT's,what is the attraction?

I have never entertained the idea of this game before but I am so heartily sick to death of this one,my one last goal in this game is to elite the

T 95,than after that, I can quit this Arty and APCR fest

But a lot of tanks has APCR has standard, and WT is hard on realistic modes, you wont do well (no offence) and you'll be back

Warzey #12 Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 60010 battles
  • [GO0FY] GO0FY
Well arcade tanks in war thunder are a bad joke compared to WoT. In realistic tank battles there are no target markers so you have to physically spot enemies, there's no gun stabilization (until higher tier) so no shooting on the move, there's no health points (realistic damage model is used instead) meaning that player that shoots first usually wins. Other than that repairs take a lot longer, tanks are not nearly as nimble as they are in WoT and of course there are multiple spawns in. All in all I'd say that war thunder tanks have a considerably slower gameplay compared to WoT, so if that sounds interesting to you feel free to give it a try. 

NoobySkooby #13 Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:43 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17313 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Postsplash_time, on 30 October 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

In short answers.

Long answers: 

But where is the fun in this game?

Invested too much time in this game so I would not dare get myself involved in another one

10:44 Added after 1 minute

View PostCeeb, on 30 October 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

But a lot of tanks has APCR has standard, and WT is hard on realistic modes, you wont do well (no offence) and you'll be back

Well I've not left  sadly for most, lol

10:48 Added after 4 minute

View PostOrkbert, on 30 October 2019 - 07:52 AM, said:

Well, on the M3 Lee you can use both guns (provided there is still enough of the crew alive) though you don't actually switch between the guns. You aim with the turret gun and the casematte gun tries to get to the same bearing. If it can't (because you aim with the turret to the side or rear) then the casematte gun will not fire.

Similar for multi turreted tanks: there is one main gun with which you aim, and any secondary turret that can align itself at the same target will shoot if possible.

Wow really, WG should take note of that, I'm sure a few lines of code could improve that tank.

10:48 Added after 5 minute

View PostThlurp, on 30 October 2019 - 07:47 AM, said:

don't name the one who shall not be named :ohmy:

Too late I think, surprised I have not been forum banned for this, lol

Mimos_A #14 Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:50 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29141 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View PostNoobySkooby, on 30 October 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

But where is the fun in this game?

Invested too much time in this game so I would not dare get myself involved in another one

10:44 Added after 1 minute

Then don't. If you have a tendency to get overly involved in games like this, don't play them. It's part of the business model of games like WoT, War Thunder, LoL, etc to suck you in and to keep you playing. If you're not having fun and you feel like you're too invested, just stick to quality (single player) games that don't rely on getting you too invested to quit.

Hell there's even enough multiplayer games that offer an experience that's not based on getting heavily invested.

Hagane1 #15 Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:56 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21066 battles
  • [R-E-P] R-E-P

I played War Thunder a couple of years. About a month ago I wanted to give it another shot (played about 5k battles in total), but then I noticed that Easy Anti Cheat is now required. This is a tool developed by some unknown company so I thought let's ask the kind people on the forums. Apparently some felt highly irritated that I asked for some more details concerning privacy issues because I read the program can take screenshots without notifying you. Because of the toxic replies and the new EAC requirement I told them I was leaving. Someone said: "shut the door when you."

I never expected such toxicity because I asked for advice/shared my opinion here too and usually got helpful replies. Now, War Thunder can kiss my ... The in-game reward system should be revised, there are no marks or mastery badges, no fun collisions, and too many passive players. WG +1 for me.

Spurtung #16 Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 74299 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostHaZardeur, on 30 October 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

edit: Bonus points for WT, crews can be moved back and forth once they trained on a vehicle without penalty and it doesnt have something like XVM last I checked.

That is actually something that WoT should emulate. There's no reason for someone to forget their training on something once they learn something new.

Mimos_A #17 Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29141 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View PostHagane1, on 30 October 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

I played War Thunder a couple of years. About a month ago I wanted to give it another shot (played about 5k battles in total), but then I noticed that Easy Anti Cheat is now required. This is a tool developed by some unknown company so I thought let's ask the kind people on the forums. Apparently some felt highly irritated that I asked for some more details concerning privacy issues because I read the program can take screenshots without notifying you. Because of the toxic replies and the new EAC requirement I told them I was leaving. Someone said: "shut the door when you."

I never expected such toxicity because I asked for advice/shared my opinion here too and usually got helpful replies. Now, War Thunder can kiss my ... The in-game reward system should be revised, there are no marks or mastery badges, no fun collisions, and too many passive players. WG +1 for me.

It's not some "unknown company", It's developed by a software developer based in Finland, acquired by Epic Games last year.

A friend of mine works for them, AFAIK there's nothing dodgy about it, seeing as Kamu is still based in Finland and has to follow EU privacy regulations.

Ceeb #18 Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32647 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostMimos_A, on 30 October 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

Then don't. If you have a tendency to get overly involved in games like this, don't play them. It's part of the business model of games like WoT, War Thunder, LoL, etc to suck you in and to keep you playing. If you're not having fun and you feel like you're too invested, just stick to quality (single player) games that don't rely on getting you too invested to quit.

Hell there's even enough multiplayer games that offer an experience that's not based on getting heavily invested.

Once you understand the FOMO (Fear of missing out)  model its easy to look more closely and say, nope, not buying that crap.   2018-19 is the least i've ever spent on WoT.

BrinklyWollox #19 Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

View PostHagane1, on 30 October 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

The reaction you got isn't that surprising. You're questioning the anti-cheat system so a lot of players will think you want to get around it, much like many posts you can see on here when anti-cheat is discussed. EAC is one of the most common I've encountered in online games and if you think about it, all of them have to be intrusive to a degree in order to function. At least we've moved on from the proposed Battlefield 3 or 4 system (can't remember which) that required you to allow a full system scan on a regular basis because cheats could be installed somewhere other than the main game folder.

As for Wart Hunter, it's not a terrible game but it's very different to the arcade approach that WoT takes. There's a definite learning curve, you'll be wiped out by unspotted enemy tanks regularly as a new player. Map knowledge is very important, armour angling is often more by luck than judgement and there's no premium ammo, though improved ammo is available as one of the vehicle upgrades, which can make early grinding frustrating.

mpf1959 #20 Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29043 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

War Thunder..........

I keep it installed on my PC, along with Blitz and Armoured Warfare. When I get in a complete negative mindset playing WOT, I go and play 1 or more of these, for me, it works like magic and I can go back to playing wot refreshed. The only downside is since I barely ever play these games, they always need a damned long update first! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users