Can we have a Communication System for Clan Commanders to their clan members please

clan communications comms talk members

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

mikeknispel #1 Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:39 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9220 battles
  • [E-VO] E-VO

At the moment it seems that there is no direct way for clan commanders to message all their clan members at once via World of Tanks i.e. a commander cannot send information such that all clan members receive that one message in the WoT garage. It would be great if that could be done within World of Tanks. It would help bring clans together and increase participation in Strongholds and Clan Wars. I understand that 3rd party apps can do that but not all clans/members are on the same app like facebook, discord etc.

Is there something I'm missing, is it a good idea, can it be arranged if not present already?

Bordhaw #2 Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:45 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 15581 battles

View Postmikeknispel, on 30 October 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

I understand that 3rd party apps can do that but not all clans/members are on the same app like facebook, discord etc.

Is there something I'm missing

Then your clan should specify which one members are to use. 

splash_time #3 Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14368 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postmikeknispel, on 30 October 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

At the moment it seems that there is no direct way for clan commanders to message all their clan members at once via World of Tanks i.e. a commander cannot send information such that all clan members receive that one message in the WoT garage. It would be great if that could be done within World of Tanks. It would help bring clans together and increase participation in Strongholds and Clan Wars. I understand that 3rd party apps can do that but not all clans/members are on the same app like facebook, discord etc.

Is there something I'm missing, is it a good idea, can it be arranged if not present already?

Maybe clan chat? Or maybe TS3?

Edit: the best app is discord to communicate. tS3 exist as well.

Edited by splash_time, 30 October 2019 - 11:20 AM.

ValkyrionX #4 Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:56 AM

Major

• 55666 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
ts3 ,discord and slack 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:17 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35288 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
There are plenty of third party comms apps that do a far better job already than anything WG would chuck together so pick one of those and make it a requirement for clan membership to use it.

unhappy_bunny #6 Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:11 PM

Colonel

• 20502 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Postmikeknispel, on 30 October 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

What good would it do? 

Your clan commander doesnt seem to play. Zero battles, Zero tanks. Is he just a front?

eldrak #7 Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52400 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

There is a clan message board on your clanpage.
It's not that great but it's there.

Chat/communication system is a few decades behind in this game, missing most useful features.

Homer_J #8 Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:24 PM

Field Marshal

• 33157 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmikeknispel, on 30 October 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

Every can gets a permanent clan chat channel which does exactly this.  It sends the message(s) to every member of the clan in their garage.  It's useless if the clan member is in battle, or has gone off somewhere leaving his game logged in, or just ignores the flashing box at the bottom of his screen though.

VarzA #9 Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27927 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View Postmikeknispel, on 30 October 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

I came to WOT from another MMO that deals with internet spaceships.

In this MMO :

- chat channels made by players are permanent

- chat channels for corporation (clan for that game) have MOTD with colour options and hyperlinks available (including to ingame channels or activities)

- chat channels for alliances (corporations of corporations) have the same options

- access list to channels can be easily altered to allow/disallow people

- organizations take advantage of the above to make intel channels where info can be found regarding future organized activities, general info, links to helpfull sites or posts (i have my own channel where i have links to other channels, ship fits, trade hub locations and sites)

- mails are a thing; they include notifications (various corporation services, bills when they are due, and overall activities) but also mails have a tab for corporation, alliance and a general one where you can get contacted

- you can form mailing lists through mail and many ppl do form communities through those to organize market activities, fleets (platoons in wot), fights or sales .... great way to corner the market on an item and drive up the price :P

- both chat channels and mails can have notifications turned on/off, individually (per channel)

- application to a corporation is done inside the game (not through browser), and you can even include messages to the recruiter or the recruiter can send you messages through the form .... (this was an interesting way to annoy mega-groups of thousands of players, you could apply in mass with messages begging for ingame currency, to hire mercs and rescue your poor cat that has been catnapped by a band of piwates; yes .... this made me a lot of ingame money)

- if you are naughty in chat channels, you can get banned, but banning can happen per chat channel, overall in chat channels and overall per game (can't login); when i was last naughty, it did not stop me from writing mails though (as activity needs to go on through that)

I have been asking eekeeboo and other WOT devs when the chat system of WOT is going to come out of the '90's and join the modern era, but no real response so far beyond 'we are aware there is a problem'.

Edited by VarzA, 30 October 2019 - 01:32 PM.

DuncaN_101 #10 Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:35 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57081 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
We do.
It's called Teamspeak, discord, ventrillo, mumble to name but a few.

eldrak #11 Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52400 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

View PostHomer_J, on 30 October 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

Every can gets a permanent clan chat channel which does exactly this.  It sends the message(s) to every member of the clan in their garage.  It's useless if the clan member is in battle, or has gone off somewhere leaving his game logged in, or just ignores the flashing box at the bottom of his screen though.

I'm pretty sure he wants the message relayed to those that are currently not logged in too.

12:50 Added after 5 minute

View PostVarzA, on 30 October 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

I came to WOT from another MMO that deals with internet spaceships.

In this MMO :

- chat channels made by players are permanent

- chat channels for corporation (clan for that game) have MOTD with colour options and hyperlinks available (including to ingame channels or activities)

- chat channels for alliances (corporations of corporations) have the same options

- access list to channels can be easily altered to allow/disallow people

- organizations take advantage of the above to make intel channels where info can be found regarding future organized activities, general info, links to helpfull sites or posts (i have my own channel where i have links to other channels, ship fits, trade hub locations and sites)

- mails are a thing; they include notifications (various corporation services, bills when they are due, and overall activities) but also mails have a tab for corporation, alliance and a general one where you can get contacted

- you can form mailing lists through mail and many ppl do form communities through those to organize market activities, fleets (platoons in wot), fights or sales .... great way to corner the market on an item and drive up the price :P

- both chat channels and mails can have notifications turned on/off, individually (per channel)

- application to a corporation is done inside the game (not through browser), and you can even include messages to the recruiter or the recruiter can send you messages through the form .... (this was an interesting way to annoy mega-groups of thousands of players, you could apply in mass with messages begging for ingame currency, to hire mercs and rescue your poor cat that has been catnapped by a band of piwates; yes .... this made me a lot of ingame money)

- if you are naughty in chat channels, you can get banned, but banning can happen per chat channel, overall in chat channels and overall per game (can't login); when i was last naughty, it did not stop me from writing mails though (as activity needs to go on through that)

I have been asking eekeeboo and other WOT devs when the chat system of WOT is going to come out of the '90's and join the modern era, but no real response so far beyond 'we are aware there is a problem'.

Yeah, also came from EVE. The IRC client built into the game is one of its best features. It's not really advanced programming to do one either.

VarzA #12 Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27927 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Just noticed your join date eldrak, scrapheap-challenge forum ?

PS: It got renamed but still around.

Spurtung #13 Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:08 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76271 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View Posteldrak, on 30 October 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

There is a clan message board on your clanpage.
It's not that great but it's there.

Keywords: "WoT garage"

eldrak #14 Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52400 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

View PostVarzA, on 30 October 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

Just noticed your join date eldrak, scrapheap-challenge forum ?

PS: It got renamed but still around.

Yeah, mostly reader there though and not a major contributor.

VarzA #15 Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27927 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

I used to read it too, posted a little as well.

Nice to see we have successfully infiltrated this MMO .... now if we could only suicide gank T10's with bad/cheap t8's for fun, and loot. :)

mikeknispel #16 Posted 01 November 2019 - 11:16 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9220 battles
  • [E-VO] E-VO
Thank you everybody for your suggestions. Food for thought.

Also tagged with clan, communications, comms, talk, members

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users