Reshuffled tech trees on Sandbox - low-tier changes similar to Wot Blitz incoming?

egg

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

DangerMouse #21 Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 30479 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 30 October 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

egg

Spoiler

Defiantly we cannot agree.

VK30.01P is one of the best tier 6 mediums, making it a heavy is a real shame.

Nishi_Kinuyo #22 Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9945 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostDangerMouse, on 30 October 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

Even if it otherwise remains exactly the same? :unsure:

*edit*

Missed the bit where it lost speed and gain hitpoints.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 30 October 2019 - 03:11 PM.

Balc0ra #23 Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74957 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Blitz did remove lower tiers not only to make the grind less confusing for new players. But also to make it easier by removing derp guns from tier 4 and down, inc on the Hetzer. And more armored low tiers like the French half can't pen anyway on Blitz etc.

But they did not touch anything on tier 5 and up. And the low tiers removed you got to keep as a special tank if you had it. Inc the Luchs and AMX 40. So in the long run tbh... they did not fix much as the armored tanks no one can pen with the tanks that got to remain are still in rotation. And so is the Luchs clip gun etc that no new player can get any more there.

View PostDangerMouse, on 30 October 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

3601 was a super tank as a med too back in the day "in that meta mind you". And less so as a HT after the change, as it had some drastic changes on some areas.

Edited by Balc0ra, 30 October 2019 - 03:37 PM.

SovietBias #24 Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39827 battles

I sincerely hope that, at the same time they address one of the glaring problems of lower tier gameplay (dpm-to-HP), they don't decide do remove the content they are trying to promote in the first place.

Unless their plan is to fix what was obviously broken before, and at the same time kick players out of the low-income generating tiers.

DangerMouse #25 Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 30479 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

View PostBalc0ra, on 30 October 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

Blitz did remove lower tiers not only to make the grind less confusing for new players. But also to make it easier by removing derp guns from tier 4 and down, inc on the Hetzer. And more armored low tiers like the French half can't pen anyway on Blitz etc.

But they did not touch anything on tier 5 and up. And the low tiers removed you got to keep as a special tank if you had it. Inc the Luchs and AMX 40. So in the long run tbh... they did not fix much as the armored tanks no one can pen with the tanks that got to remain are still in rotation. And so is the Luchs clip gun etc that no new player can get any more there.

3601 was a super tank as a med too back in the day "in that meta mind you". And less so as a HT after the change, as it had some drastic changes on some areas.

Yes, 3601 used to be my favorite tier 6 medium, they ruined it by making it a heavy, feeling like WG are hunting down the tanks I like and killing them off :(

mjs_89 #26 Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9362 battles
  • [95137] 95137

View Posttajj7, on 30 October 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

Might annoy some dedicated seal club players, but to be honest who cares about them, they are abusing newer players and taking that ability away or at least reducing the ability for them to do that seems a good thing to me.

Let's assume someone likes to club in their T2 Light, wich, by the looks of it, will get removed from the tech-tree. This is how to Sealclub after New Balance and Crew 2.0 hit live:

1) Take the Commander from some other US LT you have. Give him his previously accumulated crew xp and choose new skills/perks.

2) Take the crew xp from your now-obsolete T2-crew and add it to the first Commander. Choose even more skills/perks.

3) Move you OP Commander into your T2 Light, wich most likely is a reward vehicle now and doesn't need a dedicated crew.

4) Club harder than ever.

Yeah, sorry... I can't see how all this changes will impact Sealclubbers in any negative way. Definitely looks like something a WG dev came up with...

:medal:

Edit: It has been brought to my attention that the T2 already is a premium (wich I currently own, so... GJ me). Due to me beeing tired and lazy I'd be delighted if all of you could just imagine I wrote about some other seal-clubber tank. thx & gn8

Edited by mjs_89, 16 December 2019 - 08:17 PM.

Balc0ra #27 Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74957 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postmjs_89, on 16 December 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

Let's assume someone likes to club in their T2 Light, wich, by the looks of it, will get removed from the tech-tree. This is how to Sealclub after New Balance and Crew 2.0 hit live:

1) Take the Commander from some other US LT you have. Give him his previously accumulated crew xp and choose new skills/perks.

2) Take the crew xp from your now-obsolete T2-crew and add it to the first Commander. Choose even more skills/perks.

3) Move you OP Commander into your T2 Light, wich most likely is a reward vehicle now and doesn't need a dedicated crew.

4) Club harder than ever.

Yeah, sorry... I can't see how all this changes will impact Sealclubbers in any negative way. Definitely looks like something a WG dev came up with...

:medal:

Well... T2 light is already a premium. So you can already do that. But for tech tree tanks like the M2 med that most like to derp with. It remains to be seen if he keeps the derp when/if it's converted to a special vehicle.

But it will ofc make it easier for new players to pick a path. But for older players, it just gives them an extra edge, and less crews to control. As we have seen with Blitz now that more time has passed. So IMO it's a pointless idea this late.

mjs_89 #28 Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9362 battles
  • [95137] 95137

View PostBalc0ra, on 16 December 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

T2 light is already a premium.

:facepalm:

GJ me I guess, time to go to bed... But hey, at least my point is clear.

evilchaosmonkey #29 Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:52 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18386 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

You can't Hetz the Hetzer anymore :(

Problem for WG is finding the right balance of progression for new players and dilution of game play at higher tiers for us stayers.

The lower tiers (up to 4 say) could be about finding the role of tank classes in the game to prepare for the slog ahead - but that needs decent instructions, and we know that isn't going to happen and they won't be read in any event.

Recalling my early tiers - what new players want is better, more powerful tanks and quick progression.  That's the hook.

So despite my reservations, this is probably a good thing for longevity of the game we love.

Also tagged with egg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users