Directives for credits

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Actinid #1 Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:01 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 19952 battles

Hello everyone,

You can drop here your feedback and suggestions concerning the directives for credits.

Thanks in advance and have fun !

Edited by Delhroh, 13 November 2019 - 05:21 PM.

RagingGamerChris #2 Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7218 battles
  • [TATOR] TATOR
Add in the option to sell directives for credits as well. Many of us have way more directives than we need, and also ones we dont want to use. But thank you for giving us the option to buy them for credits as well. Cheers.

birimbao_1 #3 Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Oficial de información
  • 31051 battles
  • [DRG-V] DRG-V
Rubicon 2.0  disgusting... More pay to win for the WOT...   

KanonenVogel19 #4 Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 390 battles

Good job WG on making the game even more pay-2-win by increasing the average battle cost even more. We already have super expensive premium ammo and on top of that we have premium consumables that cost 20K a piece. And obviously in your world this is not enough already, you want to make battles even more expensive.

As soon as you add an in-battle consumable item, that item becomes standard and not optional. Why? Because the players that have virtually infinite credits will be able to purchase this item for every single battle they play. This puts pressure on all other players aswell, because now they have a choice, do they want to increase their battle cost even more, or do they want to play at a disadvantage.

Who will benefit from this change?

- Players that run a premium account.

- Players that are in a clan and can run credits boosters all night.

- Players that are already good enough to make huge profits.

Great! Instead of helping bad players to become better, you're instead increasing the gap between good and bad players even more by giving even more performance boosting items to the ones that are already good, while the bad players can simply not afford it.

STOP putting credit costs on in-battle consumables! If you want players to pick a setup for battle, make this free so that all players can afford to use the same consumables and thus play with the same advantage in battle. The only difference in battles should be a players skill and not how much credits they have.

I'm so glad that you WG did not design Chess, because if you did, we would have a situation where you could pay $10K and upgrade your pawns to move 2 steps each turn rather than 1. 

Edited by KanonenVogel19, 14 November 2019 - 07:12 PM.

SlyMeerkat #5 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:43 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18634 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
Good idea but is that really all there is to the test server?

none666 #6 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21261 battles

Those directives should be also available  for bonds and prices are way too big, I mean it just doesnt make any sense to buy any of those directives, for example 6th sense 20k per game? Its way better grind credits and buy crew books and get 1st skill for whole crew, than pay 20k game. Imo you are just killing any practical use of those directives with those prices.

none666 #7 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21261 battles

View PostKanonenVogel19, on 14 November 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

Good job WG on making the game even more pay-2-win by increasing the average battle cost even more. We already have super expensive premium ammo and on top of that we have premium consumables that cost 20K a piece. And obviously in your world this is not enough already, you want to make battles even more expensive.

As soon as you add an in-battle consumable item, that item becomes standard and not optional. Why? Because the players that have virtually infinite credits will be able to purchase this item for every single battle they play. This puts pressure on all other players aswell, because now they have a choice, do they want to increase their battle cost even more, or do they want to play at a disadvantage.

Great! Instead of helping bad players to become better, you're instead increasing the gap between good and bad players even more by giving even more performance boosting items to the ones that are already good, while the bad players can simply not afford it.

STOP putting credit costs on in-battle consumables! If you want players to pick a setup for battle, make this free so that all players can afford to use the same consumables and thus play with the same advantage in battle. The only difference in battles should be a players skill and not how much credits they have.

I'm so glad that you WG did not design Chess, because if you did, we would have a situation where you could pay $10K and upgrade your pawns to move 2 steps each turn rather than 1. 

And you should take it easy, you are exaggerating this situation way too much. To me it looks like this change benefits bad and free to play players more than good players.

Let me explain. Those directives are useless anyway, if you are going to spend bonds its way better to go for equipment directives, I mean whats better - paying 10 bonds for some snapshot directive or taking stabilizing equipment directive for just extra 2 bonds..

There are only few useful crew directives - 6th sense, camo, and fire extinguishing skill, rest is just garbage or you are better going for equipment directives.

Two of them are basic skills so most players will have those and if they dont imo you will be better grinding 2 mil and buying crew books and getting permanent skills for whole crew than wasting bonds as credits is way easier to get.

And we get to fire extinguishing skill, so if someone is using any crew directive it will be this one as it is only directive which is sustainable, I mean its possible to make bonds while using this directive as it costs just 2 bonds.

And who benefits from current system? People who use prem consumables and can use very cheap directive to burn for less when they get set on fire, basically offsetting biggest disadvantage of running rations, I bet a lot of people who use rations like it, I definitely like it, thats why I dont want that wg changes anything or at least give option to buy it for 2 bonds.

Now they are removing option to pay with bonds and it costs 20k, I will definitely drop that directive, imo its just not worth 20k per game and when I burn I will burn and most likely a lot of people will do the same, so in a way this is actually decreasing gap between good and bad player. Will better players keep paying 20k for rations? Yea of course, but now a lot of them at least will lose a lot of hp when burning happens.

KanonenVogel19 #8 Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 390 battles

View Postnone666, on 14 November 2019 - 09:51 PM, said:

you are exaggerating this situation way too much.

I'm not exaggerating anything, what I wrote is what I predict that will actually happen. You don't have to believe me, but that's nontheless what I think will happen. What I am exaggerating is WGs (and some players) ability to understand this, that's propably why I keep writing this stuff even though I already know that it will have zero effect and WG will just move forward as they wish anyway. That's what they always do.

To me it looks like this change benefits bad and free to play players more than good players.

How on earth does this benefit free-to-play players? How do you even want an average free-to-play player to be able to afford premium ammo + 3 premium consumables + 1 directive à 20K credits? It's not even near affordable on low-mid tiers, even worse on high-mid tiers.

And don't tell me that these players don't "need" to use all of the above, because that's exactly part of the problem that I'm pointing out here. It's not about whether you need it or not, it's about allowing all players to play on the same conditions.

Will better players keep paying 20k for rations? Yea of course, but now a lot of them at least will lose a lot of hp when burning happens.

It's not specifically about "better" players. You make it sound like there's some sort of dilemma towards players just because they play well, that's not the case. The issue here is players with virtually infinite credits, that's the problem. And those players come in all skill levels, regardless if it's a noob wallet warrior or a unicum wallet warrior. It's just that good players usually have more credits because them playing well also results in them having more credits.

The main issue here is that players with a lot of credits can suddenly buy themselves an extra perk in battles compared to players that can't afford it. On new tank crews they can have 6th sense from the very first battle, on advanced tanks they can have a 1 second shorter 6th sense, and on tanks with food they can reduce the effect of getting set on fire. Especially having 6th sense or 1 second shorter 6th sense is a big deal because it makes a huge difference. If you don't think that having 1 second shorter delay on the 6th sense is a big deal, how about we give all players a delay of 2 seconds instead of making it a directive?

The main issue compared to before is that many players propably didn't want to waste bonds on directives because they would rather save it up for improved equipment instead. With this change, they can now use directives and save their bonds at the same time. And players sitting on either 50+ million credits or a credit card will not even hasitate to pay 20K credits extra to get a valueable advantage over other players, especially in competetive game modes like ranked battles, as if ranked battles wasn't already bad enough...

Anyhow, as I wrote in the beggining, WG doesn't care about what we think anyway, this topic is just here to make it look good so let's not waste more time on this :)

Chuzo02 #9 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:23 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26721 battles
  • [ESPA] ESPA
I get your point but this is another decision to try to force or make more players to pay for a premium account. Just use your brain. You put the game for free at the beginning  of the life span of the game to attract players when you realize that the base of players is not growing any more but the contrary it's time to just milk all the possible your (still) big player base. This is just another hint about the game is diying. It has been years they give up about F2P players and they just want to try to milk the rest of players as much as possible.  If you have that clear all makes sense, to launch a premium  tank every 2 weeks, to make the premium account more neccessary to play, to issue unbalance premium tanks, etc. This is just another nail on the coffin they know it and you should also know it. Just try to expend the minimum  for a game that each month is losing more players

IRSanchez #10 Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 59005 battles
  • [F4W] F4W
Leave the option of directives for bonds please.

As of directives for credits:
The pricing is ridiculous for these directives (good things like sixth sense, camo or firefighting is 20k credits, lesser directives are 10k credits). 3-5k credits would be more manageable, how do you expect new players to use it? Or free to play guys, who are very important for the game health and long term sucess?

Edited by IRSanchez, 15 November 2019 - 06:40 AM.

NarancsKutya #11 Posted 15 November 2019 - 10:12 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13876 battles

If we could buy directives for credits thats good for those who use it, but not all of them can be buy for credits make all buyable like vents, and the other this let it be possible to sell it for credits, for me it is useless im not to inted to use them but i cant get ride of them so they number is growing in my depo that was i think about it. dont get me wrong it good for who use it but those players who did use it give option to sell it. about how much it cost i think its a little expensive, just a bit cutting down the price will do for cheers fellow tankers glhf :)

Edited by NarancsKutya, 15 November 2019 - 10:16 AM.

none666 #12 Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:09 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21261 battles

View PostKanonenVogel19, on 14 November 2019 - 11:51 PM, said:

I'm not exaggerating anything, what I wrote is what I predict that will actually happen. You don't have to believe me, but that's nontheless what I think will happen. What I am exaggerating is WGs (and some players) ability to understand this, that's propably why I keep writing this stuff even though I already know that it will have zero effect and WG will just move forward as they wish anyway. That's what they always do.

How on earth does this benefit free-to-play players? How do you even want an average free-to-play player to be able to afford premium ammo + 3 premium consumables + 1 directive à 20K credits? It's not even near affordable on low-mid tiers, even worse on high-mid tiers.

And don't tell me that these players don't "need" to use all of the above, because that's exactly part of the problem that I'm pointing out here. It's not about whether you need it or not, it's about allowing all players to play on the same conditions.

It's not specifically about "better" players. You make it sound like there's some sort of dilemma towards players just because they play well, that's not the case. The issue here is players with virtually infinite credits, that's the problem. And those players come in all skill levels, regardless if it's a noob wallet warrior or a unicum wallet warrior. It's just that good players usually have more credits because them playing well also results in them having more credits.

The main issue here is that players with a lot of credits can suddenly buy themselves an extra perk in battles compared to players that can't afford it. On new tank crews they can have 6th sense from the very first battle, on advanced tanks they can have a 1 second shorter 6th sense, and on tanks with food they can reduce the effect of getting set on fire. Especially having 6th sense or 1 second shorter 6th sense is a big deal because it makes a huge difference. If you don't think that having 1 second shorter delay on the 6th sense is a big deal, how about we give all players a delay of 2 seconds instead of making it a directive?

The main issue compared to before is that many players propably didn't want to waste bonds on directives because they would rather save it up for improved equipment instead. With this change, they can now use directives and save their bonds at the same time. And players sitting on either 50+ million credits or a credit card will not even hasitate to pay 20K credits extra to get a valueable advantage over other players, especially in competetive game modes like ranked battles, as if ranked battles wasn't already bad enough...

Anyhow, as I wrote in the beggining, WG doesn't care about what we think anyway, this topic is just here to make it look good so let's not waste more time on this :)

Ok, I see your point better now, but still worrying about some directives when there is such things as prem ammo and prem consumables in the game which advantage is just not comparable to some shitty directives... Also  people with a lot of credits can afford crew books and will have 6th sense from the start anyway. And I didnt even know about 6th sense without delay. Kinda whatever on heavy tanks and some meds and very useful on lights and some other meds, camping tds. If Id have 50 mil credits, I guess It would be as you said, I wouldn't hesitate to use it, but wouldn't use it for bonds...And its definitely not a must use feature even in ranked, even gold ammo is not a must lol, which will give you waaaaay bigger advantage, I have no idea about clan wars, so wont comment anything about that.

Woodzi #13 Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7619 battles
let us sell them too.

deadman_38 #14 Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23775 battles
  • [MOOSE] MOOSE
Make them cheaper. Maybe as one said. 1 bond= 1000 credits. 

Edited by deadman_38, 16 November 2019 - 12:24 PM.

parim1331 #15 Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:51 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7639 battles

View PostKanonenVogel19, on 14 November 2019 - 07:07 PM, said:

I see your point. However we looked at it from different perspective. Earning bonds is much harder than earning credits, on top of that, bonds can be spent on much more useful things, such as improved equipment, or nowadays, in the bond shop on actual tanks, thus, buying Directives shouldn't be such a decision as it was before.

The premium shells, alongside with other types of ammunition, will go through big changes with the ammunition overhaul, until that happens, these things won't change.

Also, please note that presented prices might be adjusted after 1.7 lands on the live server.

KanonenVogel19 #16 Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 390 battles

View Postparim1331, on 20 November 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

Earning bonds is much harder than earning credits, on top of that, bonds can be spent on much more useful things, such as improved equipment, or nowadays, in the bond shop on actual tanks, thus, buying Directives shouldn't be such a decision as it was before.

Well, that is kind of the problem with this change.

Earning bonds is indeed much harder than earning credits, and on top of that, bonds can not be purchased directly with real money. This caused directives to be used sparingly since players wanted to use their bonds on other stuff than directives. However, with this change, players that sit on mountains of credits (a player with 77 million credits comes to my mind), will suddenly be able to put 1 additional skill (by using 6th sense directirve) on his commander by just paying 20K credits.

The main problem here is that for good players that can earn a lot of credits (or players that use their credits card), paying an additional 20K credits each battle is virtually nothing. Meanwhile, players that cannot afford this cost will now be at quite a disadvantage, because their commanders will now have 1 less skill. This is why it's considered P2W.

The premium shells, alongside with other types of ammunition, will go through big changes with the ammunition overhaul, until that happens, these things won't change.

I understand what you mean, but it feels like WG has completely misunderstood the issues with premium ammo. Thing is, there shouldn't even be any "premium" or "special" ammo anymore. That entire idea should be completely erased. Instead, we should just have different types of standard ammo that are good or bad in different situations and that all cost the same.

Looking at the changes going on at the Sandbox, this strongly suggests that this is not the approach that WG has taken, because if that was the case, they wouldn't even use the term "special" ammo to define one subset of ammunition. And the whole reason they use this label ( "special ammo" ), is so that they can keep it a high cost item even after the change. And thus, we end up in square one even after the Sandbox is considered finished.

Also, please note that presented prices might be adjusted after 1.7 lands on the live server.

Thing is, there shouldn't be any prices at all. Especially not on things that need to be re-purchased for every single battle and especially not for things that give players an advantage in the battle. The best solution is if you make directives completely free, and instead limit it so that you can only take 1 directive at a time into a battle. That way, players are still presented with a tactical choice, but all players can afford it, all players get the same advantage, and it becomes much more fair.

Edited by KanonenVogel19, 22 November 2019 - 07:16 AM.

sokolicc #17 Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32400 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
I can earn plenty of credits but i think bonds are still more fair since people don't have many credit boosters left and without premium account it will be hard to play. Game will become really p2w more than ever.
And bonds... For every battle at tier 10 you will, on average, pay your directives for 2 other battles (if you buy bundle, firefighter directive will cost you 1.8 bonds per unit)... I would really like to leave it as it is.
Or remove all bond equipment and let us buy tier 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 new, rare and unique tanks for way more than 15000 bonds for tier 10.
In that way we spend bonds on something unique but you will not give good players better equipment.

kalu234 #18 Posted 24 November 2019 - 02:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29735 battles
  • [VFORV] VFORV
Make them available to be sold for credits! Dont be so goddamn cheap....

RAW776 #19 Posted 01 December 2019 - 05:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37660 battles
  • [1DPB_] 1DPB_

It is not possibel to select more than one catagory of directives with the filter.

Except one or all Catagorys, if you select between 2-5 in the filter, you get no match.

Attached Files

• Attached File   Directives-1.7.JPG   20.03K

Edited by RAW776, 01 December 2019 - 05:50 PM.

Zapfhan #20 Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:02 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 23435 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostRAW776, on 01 December 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

It is not possibel to select more than one catagory of directives with the filter.

Except one or all Catagorys, if you select between 2-5 in the filter, you get no match.

Thank you for sharing. We will forward this. :honoring:

Also tagged with 1.7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users