Arty in ranked battles

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

PayMore #1 Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27742 battles

What is the best arty in ranked battles? Im think of using BC155-58 to stun the most or using  T-92 HMC/GWE-100 for damage. 

Since arty is bad in citimaps I dont expect to get enough chevrons for the T9 PRO reward, so im focusing mostly on helping my team to get chevrons in an WN8 stressfree enviroment. So is stunning or damage best for that? (I dont need advice that I should focus clanrewardtanks, barrelmarked tanks or certian clansetc)

splash_time #2 Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13192 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPayMore, on 30 October 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

What is the best arty in ranked battles? Im think of using BC155-58 to stun the most or using  T-92 HMC/GWE-100 for damage. 

Since arty is bad in citimaps I dont expect to get enough chevrons for the T9 PRO reward, so im focusing mostly on helping my team to get chevrons in an WN8 stressfree enviroment. So is stunning or damage best for that? (I dont need advice that I should focus clanrewardtanks, barrelmarked tanks or certian clansetc)

I would go for G.W E100. Good stun and damage + decent reload time.

kdaag #3 Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28366 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

My GW100 keeps missing everything in ranked, they other two fare well. 

But yeah same things as with light tanks, they don't do well in campy city maps...

15JG52Brauer #4 Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 81912 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
In before everyone tells you not to play arty in ranked ... however WG let it play in this mode, so people have to deal with it . As you quite rightly point out arty won't be that useful on some maps - and I would also point out that unless the changes to XP mechanic really favour stunning, the BC arty won't be very useful. Back in the first or second Beta when the Maus was still OP for ranked I was in my Maus on airfield - a BC arty decided to aim at me all game as he probably couldn't hit anything smaller, as I advanced along the Northern Heavy line - in the course of my advance he fired 3 whole clips at me - 9 shells, and did a total of 192 damage and got 0 assist - I just kept rolling on - at the end of the battle my team won, I got a chevron, he lost one - so I would not recommend the BC arty for the average ranked arty player unless you are good in it and know how to select the best targets to get assistance - even then I dont think it's worth it. I did see Object 261 players who knew how to play do well last season in terms of role XP - that quick relead often let them get assistance off other arty shells as well or steal kills - but ammo is limited, and not the best against super heavy's. On some maps GWE could be king, but it's got the camo rating and mobility of a small moon, so good luck evading ebr's etc. CGC is in my opinion still the best overall arty because of the gun arc and better mobility than the GWE or T92.  T92 is too slow and can run out of ammo - though is good for counter arty or reaching all over the map on open maps - I'd still prefer a CGC though.

Edited by 15JG52Brauer, 30 October 2019 - 01:07 PM.

WhoCares01 #5 Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22483 battles

View Post15JG52Brauer, on 30 October 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

In before everyone tells you not to play arty in ranked ....

You got that one wrong. I actually encourage all farty players to play exclusively ranked. It's also the bestestest mode for them, most fun, best income in credits, bond, etc. as welll!  And they are loved by teammates and enemies alike, no hate at all!

Oh and did I mention that I don't play ranked?!

Edited by WhoCares01, 30 October 2019 - 01:53 PM.

FrantisekBascovansky #6 Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31574 battles

I played T92 HMC last season and realized it was a waste of time.

When your team lost, you lost your chevrons most of the time since you just can't make enough exp in arty in 5 minutes with 5 shots, to break even.

When your team won, you almost never got 2 chevrons since you can't carry, often you got 1 chevron and sometimes just nothing.

Not to mention battles in RB are even less balanced and thus shorter.

Maybe - with updated chevron distribution and progress locks in current season it makes any sense to play arty, but I'm not gonna even try.

WindSplitter1 #7 Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:05 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19190 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostPayMore, on 30 October 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

B-C 155 58 is the best all rounder.

Whatever you do, please don't get the T92. Better, yet, don't go past the M55, the T92 is a huge downgrade.

CGC is not accurate enough and the reload is still kinda high if you wanna get somewhere.

GW E 100 is ballanced.

Obj. 261 if you value RoF but rack size is a bit on the low side, I believe.

The Frenchie needs some consideration to play with. When attacking HTs, go for the near miss and not the direct hit. This is specially true when going vs SHTs. 0 damage hits are frequent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users