• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

xXRettendXx #1 Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3134 battles
  • [MYBEE] MYBEE

Tank Modifications for Tier X vehicles

Almost all of the tier 10 tanks are elit as bought, and it is an advantage and a disadvantage at the same time. The good side of this is you don't need to grind more parts to make the tank better. BUT you have no modules to choose from. At lower tiers we usually have a stock-, a derp- and an AP gun. Players can choose either one or the other to satisfy their playing style. And thats a good thing, I think WG should bring it to tier X in any ways.

Currently at tier 10 we cannot do this (in some cases we can, but  who wants to play the IS-4 stock...). Here's the suggestion:

Modifications
Tier X tanks could have at least one modification which can be achieved by spending experience or it could come with the tank.
Modifications will affect one or two parameters of the tank, but they will keep it balanced. And i don't mean significant changes by this. Also they may have cool names :rolleyes:

Let me show concrete examples:
B-C 25 T
It's modification called "Get in, get out"
Properties: It adds more horsepower to the motor (increases the specific power) and decreases the firing time between each shell, BUT it will decrease the damage per shot and reloading will take more time.
For those who don't have much time to unload and want to be faster, but you will spend more time hiding and realoading.

T110E5
"Unstable gun"
Properties: Decreases the gun traverse speed, and also increases the aiming time. It's benefit is the increased damage per shot.
It will turn the sniper heavies into front-line battlers.

OBJ. 268 4
"Bushy hunter"
Properties: With this the tank has better concealment but less view range. 
Better concealment is pricey, and it is hard to see anything if you're in the bushes...

For top clans, modifications will widen the options for commanders to bring to battle, and will make everything more interesting.

Another part of my idea is to make modifications visible. It is so important!
1st solution: an icon, modified tank's icon might change a little bit, like colour or they could have a small "+" symbol in it. But i prefer the second solution.
2st solution: Skins! As WG said more skins will arrive to the game and why not connect this two things together? Modified tanks should have solid skins (not extremly cool like xmas skins, but the difference of the normal tank and the modified one need to be greatly visible).
If you modify your tank it will automatically change its skin, so there should be no other way.

Examples for skins:
B-C 25 T: the tank could have some bigger exhaust pipes at the back and curves at the front to make it more sporty.

T110E5: more impressive gun mount and other stuff on the hull.
OBJ 268 4: leaves on the tank and no machine gun on the top maybe.
But tanks should have more and more stuff to make players able to separate the skins.

I hope after WG finishes its plans it will come to the game!

24doom24 #2 Posted 01 November 2019 - 08:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8897 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
Posted Image

shikaka9 #3 Posted 01 November 2019 - 08:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 73820 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
Bushy hunter :teethhappy: wat /...... change it to Therapist :trollface:

LordMuffin #4 Posted 01 November 2019 - 08:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 53499 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
While I do think we should have more freedom to configure your tank to certain roles you want it to fulfill.

Your ideas doesn't sound good...

I would go with more different equipments which are also all actually viable, instead of the V-stab, Rammer, optics/vents.

Lanrefni #5 Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36097 battles
  • [STAYA] STAYA
just scrolling over that nonsense made my head hurt... so, thank you for that.

Homer_J #6 Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:28 PM

Field Marshal

• 33157 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

No.

This is the kind of grind on top of a grind they introduced into WoWP and it stopped me playing that.  Don't introduce it here.

BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 01 November 2019 - 10:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24709 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostHomer_J, on 01 November 2019 - 08:28 PM, said:

No.

This is the kind of grind on top of a grind they introduced into WoWP and it stopped me playing that.  Don't introduce it here.

This^^

In WoWP's it's just another credit and time sink...and quite a huge one too. It work's like a gambling one armed bandit machine, using up credits and collected materials....it's quite frustrating and annoying.

Bordhaw #8 Posted 01 November 2019 - 10:58 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15581 battles

View PostxXRettendXx, on 01 November 2019 - 06:43 PM, said:

Tank Modifications for Tier X vehicles

Almost all of the tier 10 tanks are elit as bought, and it is an advantage and a disadvantage at the same time. The good side of this is you don't need to grind more parts to make the tank better. BUT you have no modules to choose from. At lower tiers we usually have a stock-, a derp- and an AP gun. Players can choose either one or the other to satisfy their playing style. And thats a good thing, I think WG should bring it to tier X in any ways.

Currently at tier 10 we cannot do this (in some cases we can, but  who wants to play the IS-4 stock...). Here's the suggestion:

Modifications
Tier X tanks could have at least one modification which can be achieved by spending experience or it could come with the tank.
Modifications will affect one or two parameters of the tank, but they will keep it balanced. And i don't mean significant changes by this. Also they may have cool names :rolleyes:

Let me show concrete examples:
B-C 25 T
It's modification called "Get in, get out"
Properties: It adds more horsepower to the motor (increases the specific power) and decreases the firing time between each shell, BUT it will decrease the damage per shot and reloading will take more time.
For those who don't have much time to unload and want to be faster, but you will spend more time hiding and realoading.

T110E5
"Unstable gun"
Properties: Decreases the gun traverse speed, and also increases the aiming time. It's benefit is the increased damage per shot.
It will turn the sniper heavies into front-line battlers.

OBJ. 268 4
"Bushy hunter"
Properties: With this the tank has better concealment but less view range. 
Better concealment is pricey, and it is hard to see anything if you're in the bushes...

For top clans, modifications will widen the options for commanders to bring to battle, and will make everything more interesting.

Another part of my idea is to make modifications visible. It is so important!
1st solution: an icon, modified tank's icon might change a little bit, like colour or they could have a small "+" symbol in it. But i prefer the second solution.
2st solution: Skins! As WG said more skins will arrive to the game and why not connect this two things together? Modified tanks should have solid skins (not extremly cool like xmas skins, but the difference of the normal tank and the modified one need to be greatly visible).
If you modify your tank it will automatically change its skin, so there should be no other way.

Examples for skins:
B-C 25 T: the tank could have some bigger exhaust pipes at the back and curves at the front to make it more sporty.

T110E5: more impressive gun mount and other stuff on the hull.
OBJ 268 4: leaves on the tank and no machine gun on the top maybe.
But tanks should have more and more stuff to make players able to separate the skins.

I hope after WG finishes its plans it will come to the game!

splash_time #9 Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14368 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Um... are we playing magical mystery game?...

And no thanks, it'll really be annoying, people were joking about adding T11, but these ideas are even more dangerous.  :ohmy::facepalm:

Inappropriate_noob #10 Posted 02 November 2019 - 07:40 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17630 battles

The only way to improve T 10 tanks is to let us weld steel plates al over the tanks,the S conq being the one most in need of extra plating, seriously I don't know if this has been power crept in any way,but hull down to utilise that ever so strong turret, utter BS,anywhere else on the dame thing even teir 8's pen with ease no matter how you angle sidescrape go hull down or whatever you are meant to do with this utter garbage.

Bought it back,god only knows why someone convince me or change my mind.

Also tagged with tier10

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users