Test a tank

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

vytukasss #1 Posted 02 November 2019 - 04:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16255 battles
Hello i just wanted to ask about the new bond shop. i can afford Fv215b but i dont know its the perfect tank for me. i really like the tank and its cool. i wanted to ask if i can get a rental for 2 battles in Fv215b. later i can think about to buy the tank or not. Wot name: vytukasss

_SpartanWarrior_ #2 Posted 02 November 2019 - 04:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37443 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ

asking for a rental wont work.

we all suggested to test drive every tank (even special premium tanks) but it seems like WG just ignored our asses off.

better ask someone or go to youtube and see how it is,or maybe see if that tank is on CT.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 02 November 2019 - 07:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

It's a bad tank really and tanks with rear mounted turrets are often situational and don't work in a lot of maps/positions. Best way to evaluate a tank's performance is to watch a lot of battles to see how the gun behaves, which positions work, how effective is the armor, etc.

Search YT or twitch for a recent stream and see how the tank performs.

kaneloon #4 Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:32 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31555 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

Go try it on the test server.

I don't know if it's up now but then it will soon be.

Don't rush your choice.

SGT_Sprocket22 #5 Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30968 battles

View Postvytukasss, on 02 November 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

Hello i just wanted to ask about the new bond shop. i can afford Fv215b but i dont know its the perfect tank for me. i really like the tank and its cool. i wanted to ask if i can get a rental for 2 battles in Fv215b. later i can think about to buy the tank or not. Wot name: vytukasss

Ignore people when they say this tank is a piece of crap or whatever because it's really not if it's used correctly. The FV215b is much more like a TD than a heavy tank due to it's reliable gun and rather unreliable armour so it really should be played as such; medium-long range sniper, which isn't an issue as the gun on this tank is really good. It's actually the same 120mm gun that the S Conq gets but is better in just about every way on the FV215b. Better ROF, more accurate, very fast aiming time, very fast gun traverse with the same damage and penetration. With a gun like this, you can very easily just sit back and pick off your targets one by one, provided that you aren't spotted of course. You do have a fairly decent camo rating while stationary but don't rely too heavily on this, as the armour really isn't very good for a tier 10 heavy and certainly not for a tank with fairly average mobility. Front hull armour is at best about 150mm thick which, while sloped, wont save you versus other tier 10 tanks and the lower frontal plate is very weak and is easy to hit so be mindful of that. Side and rear hull armour is very flat and boxy and can be penetrated by tier 8's. The turret however is very bouncy and well sloped with up to 500mm effective armour in some places. There is a weak spot in the form of the commanders cupola but it is mostly auto-bounce except for a tiny patch which isn't sloped. Should also point out, the FV215b has a decent health pool of 2,500 HP which means you can at least take a hit or two and survive.

Over all, the FV215b is like a Tier 10 version of the TOG 2. Mediocre armour and mobility with great gun stats and enough health to compensate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users