Jump to content


Time For a 'GG WP' Feature.

Why Not? Boats Has It. Counter Toxicity

  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Time For a 'GG WP' Feature. (63 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

How's Aboot We Add Something a Little Positive?

  1. Yes - The game could do with something like this. (46 votes [73.02%])

    Percentage of vote: 73.02%

  2. No - I'm only happy when everyone else is as unhappy as I am. (14 votes [22.22%])

    Percentage of vote: 22.22%

  3. I have a better idea - discuss. (3 votes [4.76%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.76%

Vote Hide poll

Erwin_Von_Braun #1 Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:01 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 42908 battles
  • 6,281
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

Title says it all really.

Enough of this nasty 'mimimimi 'reported' mimimimi' stuff, lets add something a little positive into the game.


 

What say you?



Dava_117 #2 Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:06 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 22691 battles
  • 5,098
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

I agree. In many game you can give upvotes for people doing well in game.

Maybe after battle add the chance to give an upvote to one of the team member (not mandatory of course) and, the one that get more, get a 10% boost in exp and credits. I would really like to use this on some people that played really well! :)



Ancybot #3 Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:16 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21029 battles
  • 646
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014
Definitely there should a honor system, giving some small rewards for being cool

Mr_Bator #4 Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:33 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 1615 battles
  • 98
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    04-12-2015
That's a great idea. Although a bit strange that you are proposing this, Erwin.

ChristOfTheAbyss #5 Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:33 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 251 battles
  • 457
  • Member since:
    07-22-2019
By pushing enter you can write to your teammates, including gg wp. Dont see that happening much so no need for separate feature.

splash_time #6 Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:36 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13128 battles
  • 650
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 03 November 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

Title says it all really.

Enough of this nasty 'mimimimi 'reported' mimimimi' stuff, lets add something a little positive into the game.


 

What say you?

 

Well said mate! 

Actually, why not to add star rating just like forum profiles? A good play who actually worth playing will receive a high rating and weaker players will be known as well! 

 

I mean, why not to rate players gameplay quality?  :)

And as @Dava_117 said. The higher rating you get, the better prizes you'll receive!  (Such as xp booster (%), crew training boosters and credit boosters!)

10:38 Added after 2 minute

View PostChristOfTheAbyss, on 03 November 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

By pushing enter you can write to your teammates, including gg wp. Dont see that happening much so no need for separate feature.

Maybe some players are just not good at English! ;)

Anyway, adding such feature is not going to effect any gameplay or harm anyone.  :)


Edited by splash_time, 03 November 2019 - 11:39 AM.


kubawt112 #7 Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:38 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3378 battles
  • 776
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Why does everything today come down to a meaningless thumbs up like you get on social media. If something is worth doing it's worth doing personally. If players are not getting personal messages after the game praising their skill then maybe they've done nothing to deserve them? I know players who get them all the time.

 

Also, like how some well respected and well known forumites created alt accounts in the past to add +1 like to their own posts, the system would just get used by clans and friends to give +1's to each other.

 

View Postsplash_time, on 03 November 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

Well said mate! 

Actually, why not to add star rating lik forum profiles? A good play who actually worth playing will receive a high rating and weaker players will be known as well! 

 

See above.

 

The fact that players aren't getting thanks from their team could indicate they're not doing anything to earn it?



splash_time #8 Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:43 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13128 battles
  • 650
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View Postkubawt112, on 03 November 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

See above.

 

The fact that players aren't getting thanks from their team could indicate they're not doing anything to earn it?

 

You men mentioned a good factor, but this can be prevented! 

Like, adding easy conditions, such as having 3k+ battles to be able for voting. :) 

I'm sure that nobody is ready to play 3k games just to vote? :D

Edit: I mean if they try the alternative account. 

(Remember that's just my personal idea and it's an example.)


Edited by splash_time, 03 November 2019 - 11:45 AM.


pihip #9 Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:47 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16022 battles
  • 1,249
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013

View Postkubawt112, on 03 November 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

Why does everything today come down to a meaningless thumbs up like you get on social media. If something is worth doing it's worth doing personally. If players are not getting personal messages after the game praising their skill then maybe they've done nothing to deserve them? I know players who get them all the time.

 

Also, like how some well respected and well known forumites created alt accounts in the past to add +1 like to their own posts, the system would just get used by clans and friends to give +1's to each other.


The feature would be exploited yes, but if it's anything like the karma system of WoWs, getting kudos won't have any influence on someone's account or in-game progress, so even if clanmates upvote each other daily nothing meaningful would change (other than them looking silly when they get busted).

 

Still, it would do well for the WoT playerbase to detoxify itself a bit, I myself have said things I'm not proud of and this general bitterness and frustration does not help when one wants to log in to play.



jack_timber #10 Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:00 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 40779 battles
  • 3,294
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

GG Erwin great idea.

Will sometimes, not often though, pm on our or even opposing team to congratulate on a good game. 

 

 



mjs_89 #11 Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8877 battles
  • 930
  • [95137] 95137
  • Member since:
    08-16-2017

View PostAncybot, on 03 November 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

Definitely there should a honor system, giving some small rewards for being cool

 

You mean players should get rewards for their merit...?

 

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/content/guide/general/reward_for_merit/

:hiding:



Stevies_Team #12 Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:36 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13575 battles
  • 1,393
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

You should also be able to pass a portion of your XP/credits to a player who has performed exceptionally well IMO

 

 An automated system is not good enough for a "team" game



Wintermute_1 #13 Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:46 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 50521 battles
  • 2,279
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013
Too obvious an improvement, too easy to implement... stop distracting the team while they rework HE, work out if the Obj 279e needs a buff and spend time improving the flying bird animations.

Jumping_Turtle #14 Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:50 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 69984 battles
  • 7,684
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

I would like to suggest a small change to the help (F7) key as well.

 

It would be handy when a tank is flipped that pressing F7 sends some kind of message 'Help! I am flipped' instead of just help! I sometimes see people presing F7 like crazy and it only annoys since I can not always see that they are flipped and a lot of the times I just block them for the battle, while I was pretty capable to unflip them if they just told me. For some writing English might be a bit hard, so why not do it auto in the help function.



gunslingerXXX #15 Posted 03 November 2019 - 01:21 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 12927 battles
  • 3,404
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014
What is stopping you to compliment another player? I send chat/private messages often enough. 

UserZer00 #16 Posted 03 November 2019 - 01:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12772 battles
  • 965
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013
I already get lots of comments on my gameplay, suggestions on where to go in the afterlife, propositions for "adult" encounters, propositions to deal with "adult" matters on my own (but I'm not flexible enough).

I'm not sure I'd be able to process the flood of approval I'm sure to get if such a system is implemented.

Maybe if they had one of those checkbox things to turn it on and off?

shikaka9 #17 Posted 03 November 2019 - 02:16 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 71169 battles
  • 1,068
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
it was offered so many times that I think WG dont make it on purpose... once long time ago Viktor Kisliy said nice idea to positive stuff like this, but  ... :( 

Isharial #18 Posted 03 November 2019 - 02:19 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 23559 battles
  • 2,641
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

this will never be used in a derogative way... ever.... 

 

how many times do you see on a landslide game where you get steamrolled, someone puts down "gg" in the game chat? its not meant to be truthful there...

 

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 03 November 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

I would like to suggest a small change to the help (F7) key as well.

 

It would be handy when a tank is flipped that pressing F7 sends some kind of message 'Help! I am flipped' instead of just help! I sometimes see people presing F7 like crazy and it only annoys since I can not always see that they are flipped and a lot of the times I just block them for the battle, while I was pretty capable to unflip them if they just told me. For some writing English might be a bit hard, so why not do it auto in the help function.


now, that would be a more useful "command". 

perhaps even to expand this, a "thank you!" message would also be a useful command


Edited by Isharial, 03 November 2019 - 02:20 PM.


Stevies_Team #19 Posted 03 November 2019 - 02:19 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13575 battles
  • 1,393
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016
Making positivity easier can only be a good thing

SovietBias #20 Posted 03 November 2019 - 02:22 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38763 battles
  • 1,635
  • Member since:
    06-10-2013
The chat function already includes this functionality.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users