Suggestion for Reducing Winrate Complaints

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Hiding Spesific Personal Stats (Especially Winrate) (49 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

How would it be if we could hide spesific informations of our personal stats?

1. Yes, it would be good. (18 votes [36.73%])

Percentage of vote: 36.73%

2. No, it woudn't be good (15 votes [30.61%])

Percentage of vote: 30.61%

3. Instead of hiding WG can disable some of them such WR (4 votes [8.16%])

Percentage of vote: 8.16%

4. I don't care at all (12 votes [24.49%])

Percentage of vote: 24.49%

Vote Hide poll

oo0oo0oooo0oo0o #1 Posted 03 November 2019 - 03:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26942 battles

Hello everyone,

I just came with an idea and wanted to share with you. The reason why many people complain about WRs is mainly personal stats. At that point, I wanted to sugges an idea. I am not trying to imposing it, just want to know what you all are thinking about it.

So:

Would it be good if WG completely removes WR statistic from personal records? The other ones will stay as they are. Because WR stat is the only one that is affected by losses. I mean you can keep your personal rate as it was before the match if you play well. But no matter what you are doing, your WR stat will reduce if you lose even if you kill 14 of enemies. In my opinion, what makes people angry for constants loses is just seeing their WRs from 50.10% to 49.90% for example. Actually it doesn't have any function in game. Maybe instead of deletion, they can give us an option to hide it or they can completely hide it. Along with that, when they increase the total experience output just by 10-20% percent, I think people will be more satisfied from the matches even if they lose. Experience output idea is totally for new players. I have only 4 more tier X tanks that have to be unlocked. So I am not saying that for myself.

What do you think? Would it be good?

UserZer00 #2 Posted 03 November 2019 - 03:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12870 battles

I guess you didn't get the memo.....unless you mean hiding the WR stat in the garage as well as in the game.

I'm not for or against it if that's the case, thought I'm sure someone would make a mod or website that would be able to keep track of the information anyway.

If it's not WR then they'll just base the toxicity on personal rating, WN8 or some other value.

The real solution is to find a way to eliminate the toxicity instead of hiding stats, getting rid of cross team chat, etc.   

If every few months they did an audit of the chat logs and banned players that were being toxic (3 days 1st offence, etc.), I think it would go a long way towards reducing the problem that impacts the over all game.

I know from experience that they keep at least a few weeks of the general chat dialog archived so it's probably the same for the in game chat.  A quick automated word search linked to player names would give them a list of offenders.  Once they exceed a certain amount of swear or insult terms, automatic ban.

It'll never happen, but I really think it would reduce the need for other types of measures needing to be taken.

Who knows, after a while they might even be able to re-introduce the cross team chat.

barison1 #3 Posted 03 November 2019 - 03:50 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 44233 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

so far im aware wg is/was already working on option to hide your stats, mixed feels about it but we shall see if/when implemented. but could proof good

about winrate complaints, might sound harsh but people should deal with it and quit crying about it every single time. way too many are focussed on that 1 losing streak while they are still rising on average winrate as they win plenty aswell but plain forget about it, or simply cant play certain tanks/tiers causing horribad winrate and then its just for yourself to reflect on it

Erwin_Von_Braun #4 Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42992 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I'm all for hiding personal stats.

Not that I'm ever worried about focus :D (my XVM cam is stronk) but it would certainly remove a lot of toxicity in the game.

BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24357 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
You mean save those poor souls with fragile egos from wasting their money on tissues, because they can't cope with what they see in the mirror?

Elleriel #6 Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30335 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-

The only good thing that WG could do to improve the player experience is divide players in classes (diamong, gold, silver,...) based on player efficiency (Win 8 is not good for that at all because doesn't take in count, spot, capture ennemy base...). That would create rather more interesting battles with players with same experience of the game.

And that will impeach "purple" win 8 players come in lower divisions to "farm" newbies in tiers 3 - tiers 6 just to raise their stats and win 8.

WindSplitter1 #7 Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:13 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19190 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostUserZer00, on 03 November 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

I guess you didn't get the memo.....unless you mean hiding the WR stat in the garage as well as in the game.

I'm not for or against it if that's the case, thought I'm sure someone would make a mod or website that would be able to keep track of the information anyway.

If it's not WR then they'll just base the toxicity on personal rating, WN8 or some other value.

The real solution is to find a way to eliminate the toxicity instead of hiding stats, getting rid of cross team chat, etc.   

If every few months they did an audit of the chat logs and banned players that were being toxic (3 days 1st offence, etc.), I think it would go a long way towards reducing the problem that impacts the over all game.

I know from experience that they keep at least a few weeks of the general chat dialog archived so it's probably the same for the in game chat.  A quick automated word search linked to player names would give them a list of offenders.  Once they exceed a certain amount of swear or insult terms, automatic ban.

It'll never happen, but I really think it would reduce the need for other types of measures needing to be taken.

Who knows, after a while they might even be able to re-introduce the cross team chat.

Eliminating toxicity would require the efforts of some ~100K+ players (this server alone), which I sincerely doubt they would ever change their ways. Most already have issues using keys other than RMB and W so that's not gonna happen.

Getting rid of the public stats on the other hand, will only require a small team and just a few clicks... they've successfully done so in WoWS. No reason not to do it here.

XVM snipers already know which players/clansmen to target, H2SO4 Brigade will always find something to complain about... etc. etc.

UserZer00 #8 Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12870 battles

View PostWindSplitter1, on 03 November 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

Eliminating toxicity would require the efforts of some ~100K+ players (this server alone), which I sincerely doubt they would ever change their ways. Most already have issues using keys other than RMB and W so that's not gonna happen.

Getting rid of the public stats on the other hand, will only require a small team and just a few clicks... they've successfully done so in WoWS. No reason not to do it here.

XVM snipers already know which players/clansmen to target, H2SO4 Brigade will always find something to complain about... etc. etc.

I agree that hiding stats is easy to implement and am not saying that they shouldn't do it.

Sure, it will prevent in game focus on players (until someone comes up with a mod or something), but it doesn't address the post game focus that some players do.

The in game removal is already planned, it's just a matter of time.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 73496 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

See... WOWP did that. Instead, they show "time in the air" etc on a plane vs WR on the list. And you had sorties flown vs battles played etc, and matches won. So you could not even get a WR based on that.

But it did nothing to reduce the number of topics regarding loss streaks etc. As then it was about average XP vs WR instead.

Edited by Balc0ra, 03 November 2019 - 05:27 PM.

BravelyRanAway #10 Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24357 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostBalc0ra, on 03 November 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

See... WOWP did that. Instead, they show "time in the air" etc on a plane vs WR on the list. And you had sorties flown vs battles played etc, and matches won. So you could not even get a WR based on that.

You can see your or another players WR per plane in WoWP's if you check a player on their WoWP clan page.

pihip #11 Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16103 battles
Personal stats (as in, everything from winrate to averages to detailed ship stats) can be made private from the profile page on the portal in WoWs.

I do not see why the same thing can't happen in WoT as well.

Keller #12 Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:49 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 17562 battles

Keeping track of Winrates is good.

Rewarding personal scores is not. I see tanks rushing to the best sniping spots for maximum damage. That will give them good XP. While taking position to secure a win, they don't care about. Winning is a secondary objective for a lot of players.

oo0oo0oooo0oo0o #13 Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26942 battles

View PostKeller, on 03 November 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

Keeping track of Winrates is good.

Rewarding personal scores is not. I see tanks rushing to the best sniping spots for maximum damage. That will give them good XP. While taking position to secure a win, they don't care about. Winning is a secondary objective for a lot of players.

You mean people can make a in 2 minutes 0-15 losses into a win if they play good? What is good at keeping tracking WR, while it totally doesn't depend on you in most cases?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #14 Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:15 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34294 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postoo0oo0oooo0oo0o, on 03 November 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

You mean people can make a in 2 minutes 0-15 losses into a win if they play good? What is good at keeping tracking WR, while it totally doesn't depend on you in most cases?

But it does depend on you in every case. That's exactly why some players have 60%WR and others have 45%. If it didn't we would all have the same winrate. 

ninja112 #15 Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11457 battles
  • [ARANY] ARANY
If I know right, this is a planned thing, known as "Anonymizer".

oo0oo0oooo0oo0o #16 Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26942 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 03 November 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

But it does depend on you in every case. That's exactly why some players have 60%WR and others have 45%. If it didn't we would all have the same winrate. 

Taking 1% of total player base as a reference is not a good idea at all.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #17 Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34294 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postoo0oo0oooo0oo0o, on 03 November 2019 - 06:19 PM, said:

Taking 1% of total player base as a reference is not a good idea at all.

Those are just the outliers, all values in between are equally relevant. How is it you have a 53% WR for example, blind luck? 

ralesm1989 #18 Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32678 battles
  • [DE-VI] DE-VI

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 03 November 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

You mean save those poor souls with fragile egos from wasting their money on tissues, because they can't cope with what they see in the mirror?

:medal:

Well, bad players want their stats hidden to save themselves from torture, best players want to hide their stats to save themselves from focus torture, so, why not. But anyway, there should be option to hide them in battle (who wants), and of course option to see stats of every player after battle. 

I mean, by ''killing toxicity'' parole you are actually killing competitiveness too, when I can't see against who I played battle, there is no difference for me between human players and AI players. Then we can just go for Dark runners mode and nothing else. I mean, hide yourself in battle, but after battle I want stats revealed, it is still perfectly normal to see who participated with you in battle. Unfortunately, I am affraid that WG will do everything to satisfy those who constantly crying about being bad at the game, to hide them, to help them live through ''shame'' of having bad stats or so... 

Therefore I am for compromise - give them option to hide themselves during battle, but then, after battle, we should keep battle record page unchanged, with all names and everything.

We will also see that anonymizer thing.

Edited by ralesm1989, 03 November 2019 - 06:30 PM.

Stevies_Team #19 Posted 03 November 2019 - 07:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13892 battles

View Postralesm1989, on 03 November 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

We will also see that anonymiser thing.

Can't come too soon either

krismorgan #20 Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36618 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
I like to know if its worth the 5 to 10 minutes of wasting my time with an utterly useless team before i alt4.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users