The Final Transition From Launcher to Wargaming.net Game Center

• Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

8126Jakobsson #261 Posted 10 November 2019 - 09:01 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 80759 battles

It's bloody impossible to get rid of this clan invite notification. I have declined and clicked it away to "hide" it, and yet it pops up there every time a page updates.

I have notifications disabled so it shouldn't be there to begin with. Can I blame the WGC?  

Smegger213 #262 Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:15 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14979 battles
  • [-4DC-] -4DC-

View Postm1x_angelico, on 10 November 2019 - 12:54 AM, said:

Ok guys, I implemented the workaround and it works. This may be also a temporary solution for Mac and Linux users.

1. Install software for Virtual Machines (VM), such as e.g. VM VirtualBox
2. Install Windows in the VM
3. Put WOT folder as shared folder in the VM
4. Within the VM start old launcher
5. Install offered WGC within VM
6. Update WOT
7. Success! Shutdown VM and play WOT by running WorldOfTanks.exe

8. When you need to update just boot the VM and it will start updating on its own. After it finishes, just shutdown the VM.

P.S. Cudos to the guys from the other post, who thought of it!

It took me less than an 1 hour to setup everything and start playing (where it took WGC 15mins to update 72MB - wtf is with that!?)

For the rest, who don't give a damn enough to trouble with VM or those who dont have WGC related issues preventing them to update and play, just install the WGC crapware and move along...

If anyone finds a more elegant solutions without VM use, let me know.

What a total and utter waste of time and effort just to avoid a game launcher.

It is no different than any other game launchers that are out there. Steam, Origin, Uplay, Battle.net, Rockstar Games, Bethesda, GoG Galaxy, Frontier, Star Trek Online and the dog s__t Epic Games launcher.

Are you going to mess about and install them all in a virtual machine?

I suspect that all the launchers I have mentioned have some sort of background monitoring and feedback going on.

Are you really that paronoid?

I have been using Wargamings Game Centre ever since it first came out.

I HAVE HAD, NOT ONE PROBLEM WITH  IT. NOT ONE.

There are so many griefers on here, moaning over nothing!!

Trostani #263 Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49988 battles

View PostSmegger213, on 10 November 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

It is no different than any other game launchers that are out there. Steam, Origin, Uplay, Battle.net, Rockstar Games, Bethesda, GoG Galaxy, Frontier, Star Trek Online and the dog s__t Epic Games launcher.

I suspect that all the launchers I have mentioned have some sort of background monitoring and feedback going on.

Not using any of those launchers, why I should install malware from WG if I don't need or want any extra 'additions' from WGC? Not mentioning that in my country blocking p2p is very popular through network providers and in such situation you will not update WoT with WGC even if you want.

Edited by Trostani, 10 November 2019 - 11:30 AM.

Smegger213 #264 Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:41 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14979 battles
  • [-4DC-] -4DC-

View PostTrostani, on 10 November 2019 - 10:26 AM, said:

Not using any of those launchers, why I should install malware from WG if I don't need or want any extra 'additions' from WGC? Not mentioning that in my country blocking p2p is very popular through network providers and in such situation you will not update WoT with WGC even if you want.

Not using any of those launchers, REALLY?

I don't believe that for one minute. So your telling me that you don't have 1 game on Steam or any of the other launchers out there?

BravelyRanAway #265 Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24467 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostTrostani, on 10 November 2019 - 10:26 AM, said:

Not mentioning that in my country blocking p2p is very popular through network providers 

P2P?.....peer2peer or pay to play?

Smegger213 #266 Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14979 battles
  • [-4DC-] -4DC-

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 10 November 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

I think he means peer2peer torrents.

Because that is how the game centre downloads updates to the games.

But it is also how the old launcher used to download updates.

So the way the launcher downloads updates has not changed.

But I don't know of any ISP's that block legitimate p2p downloading like this.

Only_Slightly_Bent #267 Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 27083 battles
  • [O_S_B] O_S_B
This thread is hilarious!

big1gaz1 #268 Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15036 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 10 November 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

he means p2p for piracy

the big corporations in there wisdom got isps to block the torrent network, they forgot that they wanted to use it themselves

Trostani #269 Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49988 battles

View PostSmegger213, on 10 November 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

Not using any of those launchers, REALLY?

I don't believe that for one minute. So your telling me that you don't have 1 game on Steam or any of the other launchers out there?

I'm only buying games on GOG and downloading them directly from website, GOG Galaxy is not needed for anything.

13:08 Added after 7 minute

View PostSmegger213, on 10 November 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

I think he means peer2peer torrents.

Because that is how the game centre downloads updates to the games.

But it is also how the old launcher used to download updates.

So the way the launcher downloads updates has not changed.

But I don't know of any ISP's that block legitimate p2p downloading like this.

Peer2peer. Old launcher was downloading through torrents but if it wasn't possible was switching to WG server directly. WGC downloading only through torrent, no way to bypass it. Even if you copy update files WGC won't start to install update without access to torrent. For many players in my country it means good bye to WoT.

m1x_angelico #270 Posted 10 November 2019 - 06:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25470 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

View PostSmegger213, on 10 November 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

Perhaps for you, which is fine. Many people I know anyway dont take care of their pigsty computer, nor value their privacy. Their choice.

I get your point. However, due to time constraints I only play two games atm - WOT being one of them. Neither required crapware until now to launch. Actually, I know quite a few "older" games who only play WOT now. I really dont need a piece of software that will install a 72mb update for 15minutes, take up resources, and me not knowing what data are collected and sent to WG and for what purpose.

Being cautions and prudent is not paranoid, but instead called resonable. I want to know what I'm installing on my computer and what does this software do exactly. But again, in my experience many people dont care, and that is what is in politics called the "good sheep". Not only does it seem that you do not care what you install, but you feel confident in "attacking" people who do. Dont mind us, just keep bleating.

Your logic is impeccable! In case you missed it, I was being sarcastic. People have had and are still having multiple issues with WGC. The fact that you personally did not have issues is as important as you telling everybody that you have an [edited], which you never wiped in your life, and had no issues at all.

The real question one might ask is, if WGC is so superb and working perfect for you, what in the God's name are you doing here? Whining? Moaning because some other people have a different opinion? Grow up kid... And I do mean it in the nicest way possible.

Anyway, keep up the good fight and do let me know if you find some more elegant solutions other than VM workaround. I'm "signing out" from this topic. Be good :)

ObivanKenobi #271 Posted 10 November 2019 - 06:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16218 battles
  • [TBOA] TBOA
On Mac Os still doesnt work :P

Homer_J #272 Posted 10 November 2019 - 07:55 PM

Field Marshal

• 32895 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 10 November 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

It's bloody impossible to get rid of this clan invite notification.

Did you try accepting it then leaving the clan immediately?

8126Jakobsson #273 Posted 10 November 2019 - 08:06 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 80759 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 10 November 2019 - 07:55 PM, said:

Did you try accepting it then leaving the clan immediately?

No. And I can't do that experiment now as I get this:

So it's handled and done with but the damn notification refuse to leave my mind at ease.  

Edited by 8126Jakobsson, 10 November 2019 - 08:07 PM.

Homer_J #274 Posted 10 November 2019 - 10:41 PM

Field Marshal

• 32895 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 10 November 2019 - 08:06 PM, said:

No. And I can't do that experiment now as I get this:

So it's handled and done with but the damn notification refuse to leave my mind at ease.  

Hmmm maybe join another clan?

Memor1ze_DK #275 Posted 10 November 2019 - 10:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21996 battles
  • [GA-DK] GA-DK
What is it that devs dont understand?? We dont need another launcher, gamecenter or whatever you call it.

big1gaz1 #276 Posted 11 November 2019 - 03:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15036 battles

i dont use any of them as i refused to buy into the corporate way where you pay full price for a game that you never own

though i have been watching this closely

https://www.ccn.com/...l-games-market/

https://www.mcvuk.co...-digital-games/

are you that silly you dont ever read what they do just be just a sheep and press the button to except

your data you look after it

but thats your choice if you used other games many dont and are not interested in them though i prefer the exe myself

quick with that one, why dont you say what your running ? a newish machine i presume many dont have that sort of money and play with what they can do

why cant we have a say on some things you may have been one of the testers dosnt mean the rest of us are waniting it or want to use it

for what ive noticed many big players are quick to show the door to many players when they say something

Smegger213 #277 Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14979 battles
  • [-4DC-] -4DC-

View Postbig1gaz1, on 11 November 2019 - 02:00 AM, said:

i dont use any of them as i refused to buy into the corporate way where you pay full price for a game that you never own

though i have been watching this closely

https://www.ccn.com/...l-games-market/

https://www.mcvuk.co...-digital-games/

Pray tell me what has reselling games on Steam got to do with this subject?

Although, I would like the chance to resell games on Steam, or give them away to my friends.

But I don't see what this has to do with Wargaming's Game Centre.

Oh and next time please use the quote system, if you want to quote what I said.

big1gaz1 #278 Posted 12 November 2019 - 10:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15036 battles

since digging on info on the subject wargaming games center I note that you have included a third party game

Wargaming Game Center is adding its first-ever third-party title, Steel Division 2

I would like to know what access of data information is the third party getting

i would like to see the publishers reference 

applicable, certain parts of the Product may be using third party features, some of which are managed by third-party providers

who are these third partys

wargaming 3rd partys are one thing, another games third partys are another please list them as they are held within Wargamings gaming center

there is no mention of there third partys within wargamings game center eula or within wargamings  game center privacy policy as one dosnt exist

I did find the below info rather interesting

4. CONSENT TO MONITOR

When You are using the Product, the Product may monitor Your hardware random access memory (RAM) for unauthorized third party programs prohibited by Section 1 that interact with the Product. In the event that the Product detects such an unauthorized third party program, information may be communicated back to EUGEN SYSTEMS, including the name of your Account, your internet protocol (IP) address, details about the unauthorized third party program detected, and the time and date that the unauthorized third party program was detected, along with the hardware specifications and performance characteristics of Your hardware, with or without additional notice to You.

please name what information it collects from a persons system

eula privacy policy ref below

https://www.steeldiv...ivision-2-eula/

no mention of wargamings game center 

further reference

https://dailytech.pa...enter-launcher/

According to Wargaming, the main advantage for developers from the side when using the launcher Wargaming Game Center will be “access to a 200 millionth audience.”

Wargaming is going to take on the promotion of affiliate games through its channels and work with payment systems. The company noted that they would invite those developers whose projects could be potentially interesting to the company’s audience.

Thus, as they say in the company, in the launcher from the games there will be only “the best of the best, close in spirit to the Wargaming community”.

Now Wargaming is accepting applications from those wishing to release their game in the WGC and is preparing to announce the first approved partners. This will happen on September 15th at the Wargaming Fest event.

At the moment, the company’s games, such as World of Tanks, are directly available in the Wargaming launcher.

could you please supply what data information you will be sharing with these third partys

what data will be collected by these third partys

please name there 3rd partys within there games

Wargamings game center eula and privacy policy dosnt exist and theres no reference to third party games usage either

theres also no reference to using third party games as well as no reference to there games eula or privacy policy

ObivanKenobi #279 Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:05 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16218 battles
  • [TBOA] TBOA

Hy felow tankers, i need help. I have ( after a few days and help from wot player support ) finally installed the new launcher on my Mac OS but I can only play on NA server, my account is on Europe server so the game wont start. Can i make a transfer of the account or what. I really don't want to start all over again.

THX

Attached Thumbnails

parim1331 #280 Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:50 AM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7614 battles

View PostObivanKenobi, on 14 November 2019 - 06:05 AM, said:

Hy felow tankers, i need help. I have ( after a few days and help from wot player support ) finally installed the new launcher on my Mac OS but I can only play on NA server, my account is on Europe server so the game wont start. Can i make a transfer of the account or what. I really don't want to start all over again.

THX

Hey!

As shown on the screenshots below, first go into "Game Settings", then go into "Install additional game instance", and then choose "Europe".
Let me know if it solves your problem.

Step-by-step

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users