The Final Transition From Launcher to Wargaming.net Game Center

• Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

lotusblossom #281 Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:03 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34595 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

Personally I have had no problems with the game centre, had it since it came out with no problems. However several members of my clan have had issues with installing it successfully meaning they can no longer play. I tried to help them but to no avail. If and when they get back on ts I will advise them to contact you. 

parim1331 #282 Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:43 AM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7758 battles

View Postlotusblossom, on 14 November 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

Personally I have had no problems with the game centre, had it since it came out with no problems. However several members of my clan have had issues with installing it successfully meaning they can no longer play. I tried to help them but to no avail. If and when they get back on ts I will advise them to contact you. 

If anyone has technical issues with WGC, first choice would be to visit the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting customer support page here: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wgc/category/10155/#category_10156

ObivanKenobi #283 Posted 14 November 2019 - 03:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16764 battles
  • [TBOA] TBOA

View Postparim1331, on 14 November 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

Hey!

As shown on the screenshots below, first go into "Game Settings", then go into "Install additional game instance", and then choose "Europe".
Let me know if it solves your problem.

Step-by-step

Yes its working now, BIG thanks my friend :great:

parim1331 #284 Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:39 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7758 battles

View PostObivanKenobi, on 14 November 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

Yes its working now, BIG thanks my friend :great:

Let me know, should you need anything else. :)

ObivanKenobi #285 Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16764 battles
  • [TBOA] TBOA
I will, thank you again :teethhappy:

Tommy_Atkins_Teapot #286 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24710 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View Postbig1gaz1, on 12 November 2019 - 09:27 PM, said:

since digging on info on the subject wargaming games center I note that you have included a third party game

Wargaming Game Center is adding its first-ever third-party title, Steel Division 2

I would like to know what access of data information is the third party getting

i would like to see the publishers reference 

applicable, certain parts of the Product may be using third party features, some of which are managed by third-party providers

who are these third partys

wargaming 3rd partys are one thing, another games third partys are another please list them as they are held within Wargamings gaming center

there is no mention of there third partys within wargamings game center eula or within wargamings  game center privacy policy as one dosnt exist

I did find the below info rather interesting

4. CONSENT TO MONITOR

When You are using the Product, the Product may monitor Your hardware random access memory (RAM) for unauthorized third party programs prohibited by Section 1 that interact with the Product. In the event that the Product detects such an unauthorized third party program, information may be communicated back to EUGEN SYSTEMS, including the name of your Account, your internet protocol (IP) address, details about the unauthorized third party program detected, and the time and date that the unauthorized third party program was detected, along with the hardware specifications and performance characteristics of Your hardware, with or without additional notice to You.

please name what information it collects from a persons system

eula privacy policy ref below

https://www.steeldiv...ivision-2-eula/

no mention of wargamings game center 

further reference

https://dailytech.pa...enter-launcher/

According to Wargaming, the main advantage for developers from the side when using the launcher Wargaming Game Center will be “access to a 200 millionth audience.”

Wargaming is going to take on the promotion of affiliate games through its channels and work with payment systems. The company noted that they would invite those developers whose projects could be potentially interesting to the company’s audience.

Thus, as they say in the company, in the launcher from the games there will be only “the best of the best, close in spirit to the Wargaming community”.

Now Wargaming is accepting applications from those wishing to release their game in the WGC and is preparing to announce the first approved partners. This will happen on September 15th at the Wargaming Fest event.

At the moment, the company’s games, such as World of Tanks, are directly available in the Wargaming launcher.

could you please supply what data information you will be sharing with these third partys

what data will be collected by these third partys

please name there 3rd partys within there games

Wargamings game center eula and privacy policy dosnt exist and theres no reference to third party games usage either

theres also no reference to using third party games as well as no reference to there games eula or privacy policy

Bump for the community managers to respond:popcorn:

Regards

Rudjevid #287 Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 59012 battles
  • [-TWIS] -TWIS
i play only WOT and im not interested in any other game, so why push me to use something i dont want and i dont like!?

Gruff_ #288 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23774 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I've been using the launcher prettymuch since it was first implemented after initial resistance.  I find it very useful for swapping between accounts / regions, I normally play with it open in the back ground as I forget to close it until i shutdown the pc.

Since the latest move to get everyone onto it over the past few weeks I have noticed I get more dc's and it's slower to load into the game than before.

Homer_J #289 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:37 PM

Field Marshal

• 33120 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRudjevid, on 15 November 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

i play only WOT and im not interested in any other game, so why push me to use something i dont want and i dont like!?

It's called progress.  Or are you another one still running Windows XP?

big1gaz1 #290 Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15539 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 15 November 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

It's called progress.  Or are you another one still running Windows XP?

its a shame that the game center is not legal progress, if it was it would legally spell out and give adequate info included into what you are agreeing to before installing wargaming game center

though one query i have on here why do you or the many forum users on here have to insult a players computer system

when in fact you know nothing about there systems

its kinda rife on here where forum patrons are insulting peoples computer systems, why hasnt the forum admins stopped this ?

parim1331 #291 Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:42 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7758 battles

View PostTommy_Atkins_Teapot, on 14 November 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

Bump for the community managers to respond:popcorn:

Regards

I am not entirely sure, but in this case, it looks like anti-cheat monitoring system that checks your memory signatures to see if you're trying to modify the .exe game file.

You can check our EULA's, and all of the information regarding our policies on WGC.

big1gaz1 #292 Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15539 battles

View Postparim1331, on 15 November 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

I am not entirely sure, but in this case, it looks like anti-cheat monitoring system that checks your memory signatures to see if you're trying to modify the .exe game file.

You can check our EULA's, and all of the information regarding our policies on WGC.

View PostHomer_J, on 08 November 2019 - 10:10 PM, said:

If you click on the EULA link in WGC it takes you to this webpage.  I think that answers both of you.

22:16 Added after 6 minute

It only does that if you ask it to.

the eula referenced by admin staff points to the above webpage

for cheat monitoring theres a reference dosnt say how via this

http://legal.eu.warg...privacy-policy/

4.2.3. Information required for fraud and violations detection

We may also collect certain data (like IP address, username, etc.) that is required for our detection, investigation and prevention of cheating in the Game and EULA violations. This data, being used only for the purposes of detection, investigation and prevention of frauds and cheating in the Game is deleted six months after its collection, unless the data can be used to prove that cheating has occurred. If the data can be used to prove that cheating or another fraud or EULA violation has occurred, we will further store the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims during the applicable statute of limitations. Please note that the specific data stored for this purpose may not be disclosed to you or any third parties, since the disclosure will compromise the mechanism through which we detect, investigate and prevent frauds and cheating in the Game, as well as other EULA violations.

as goes for eula its outdated 2016

http://legal.eu.wargaming.net/en/eula/

neither include the use of wargamings game center or what information it collects or stores

Tommy_Atkins_Teapot #293 Posted 16 November 2019 - 01:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24710 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View Postparim1331, on 15 November 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

Dear parim

Many thanks for the prompt response. Have had a look at the EULA, and as referenced by Homer_J, but not seeing too much in the way of third parties using game centre centre to promo other games, gather data etc. 

Now there is mention of an Account management tool to manage marketing within game, via e-mail, could this be used to "opt out" of the game centre, to avoid such marketing strategies, and just use a Standard installer to load, enjoy, and make in-game purchases to WOT alone?

Regards

Tommy

wsatnutter #294 Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:21 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26698 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postbig1gaz1, on 15 November 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

its a shame that the game center is not legal progress, if it was it would legally spell out and give adequate info included into what you are agreeing to before installing wargaming game center

though one query i have on here why do you or the many forum users on here have to insult a players computer system

when in fact you know nothing about there systems

its kinda rife on here where forum patrons are insulting peoples computer systems, why hasnt the forum admins stopped this ?

Homers question was not trolling or insulting , why people have to moan at changes is beyond me!!! if you don't like the direction WG is going in jump ship and find a different direction to go in. WG is a business and as such has to maximise its profits its what happens in the real world , you have the option of uninstalling do you not?

Truntea #295 Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1335 battles

View PostRudjevid, on 15 November 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

Do like a lot of people do, use the exe file to launch the game and only open it up whenever there is an update.

That way you at least only use it at a minimal.

big1gaz1 #296 Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15539 battles

View Postwsatnutter, on 16 November 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

Homers question was not trolling or insulting , why people have to moan at changes is beyond me!!! if you don't like the direction WG is going in jump ship and find a different direction to go in. WG is a business and as such has to maximise its profits its what happens in the real world , you have the option of uninstalling do you not?

thats the point of these big profit businesses if you dont liike it leave

we will do as we please whilst you the consumer have no say in the matter or what we do with your privacy details

we will sell your details to our third partys and anyone interested in them for our profit not yours

wsatnutter

you should go and read up on your rights, you should go and read the privacy policy and the eula for the game big business cant do as they please

then try and find wgc privacy policy and its eula

wgc has no bounds to it, no legality, no eula and no privacy policy as demonstrated oh yeah this is big business

privacy policy has this

7.1. OPT-OUT OF DIRECT MARKETING AND RIGHT TO OBJECT

You can manage your subscriptions to direct marketing through our Account Management tool.

so im asking if wgc also has this implemented within wgc an option to turn off direct marketing

Edited by big1gaz1, 16 November 2019 - 01:11 PM.

latecz3k #297 Posted 17 November 2019 - 02:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1345 battles
  • [S-FLY] S-FLY

View Postparim1331, on 15 November 2019 - 05:42 PM, said:

Fair enough. While I understand it might be difficult to give a good answer, is this a change from how the previous anti-cheating system has worked?

Seeing as the penalty for cheat detection is rather harsh, with, as far as I know, no ability to appeal, it would be in the best interest of everyone to know if game modifications now has a chance of triggering the anti-cheat system.

Trostani #298 Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51330 battles
  • [TDSTS] TDSTS

View Postwsatnutter, on 16 November 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

It was pure trolling. WGC is not a progress in any way because forcing WGC don't have anything with WoT project - they could implement updater into .exe file in less than 30 minutes and other functions are completely irrelevant. But WG is trying to create a shop with 3rd party products and force everybody to 'not miss' aggressive marketing - WG already advertising to developers 'platform with 200 millions customers' and in this way they also can for small fee 'share' personal data 'anonymously collected' through WGC. Of course such product can't be ignored by players so they are blackmailing moders that wanted to make alternative launcher, second problem is good WoT optimization (it's hard to sell other games to peoples that don't have enough powerful PCs) so artificially increase WGC requirements to force players to upgrade they computers. I don't see here anything that could be called progress. 

And to be honest WG don't give a crap on EU server opinions so there is no matter what we are thinking here.

But in the meantime on CIS server:

http://forum.worldoftanks.ru/index.php?/topic/2070487-%d0%be%d0%ba%d0%be%d0%bd%d1%87%d0%b0%d1%82%d0%b5%d0%bb%d1%8c%d0%bd%d1%8b%d0%b9-%d0%bf%d0%b5%d1%80%d0%b5%d1%85%d0%be%d0%b4-%d1%81-%d0%bb%d0%be%d0%bd%d1%87%d0%b5%d1%80%d0%b0-%d0%bd%d0%b0-wargamingnet-game-center/page__st__7720#topmost

Yes, nearly 400 pages of biggest shitstorm this year nd significant players drop. If WGC is not an issue so why nearly 400 pages?

How this story will end? Not sure but I won't risk to bet on WGC. 

Edited by Trostani, 17 November 2019 - 10:26 PM.

Smegger213 #299 Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15052 battles
  • [-4DC-] -4DC-

View PostTrostani, on 17 November 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

It was pure trolling. WGC is not a progress in any way because forcing WGC don't have anything with WoT project - they could implement updater into .exe file in less than 30 minutes and other functions are completely irrelevant. But WG is trying to create a shop with 3rd party products and force everybody to 'not miss' aggressive marketing - WG already advertising to developers 'platform with 200 millions customers' and in this way they also can for small fee 'share' personal data 'anonymously collected' through WGC. Of course such product can't be ignored by players so they are blackmailing moders that wanted to make alternative launcher, second problem is good WoT optimization (it's hard to sell other games to peoples that don't have enough powerful PCs) so artificially increase WGC requirements to force players to upgrade they computers. I don't see here anything that could be called progress. 

And to be honest WG don't give a crap on EU server opinions so there is no matter what we are thinking here.

But in the meantime on CIS server:

http://forum.worldoftanks.ru/index.php?/topic/2070487-%d0%be%d0%ba%d0%be%d0%bd%d1%87%d0%b0%d1%82%d0%b5%d0%bb%d1%8c%d0%bd%d1%8b%d0%b9-%d0%bf%d0%b5%d1%80%d0%b5%d1%85%d0%be%d0%b4-%d1%81-%d0%bb%d0%be%d0%bd%d1%87%d0%b5%d1%80%d0%b0-%d0%bd%d0%b0-wargamingnet-game-center/page__st__7720#topmost

Yes, nearly 400 pages of biggest shitstorm this year nd significant players drop. If WGC is not an issue so why nearly 400 pages?

How this story will end? Not sure but I won't risk to bet on WGC. 

What shop is this then. All I see in the Game Centre is adverts for what ever is on offer in the premium shop. I also see something about What's coming in November and a list of the news articles.

Same goes for the Warships page of the Game Centre. That is all. I honestly don't understand what everybody is griefing about. There are far worse launchers out there. Cough "Epic Games Client" cough cough. Like others have said. Just launch the game from a shortcut, if you don't like it. You do know how to create a shortcut?

big1gaz1 #300 Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15539 battles

translated

https://translate.go...t__7720#topmost

smegger we get enough adverts already dont need a game center that you cant turn off adverts or its connection to facebook, twitter who said i wanted those i want an option to turn off what i dont want

game center is a forced add on to its games

I understand wargaming want to advertise there games but if going down a game center route then provide correct truthful documents to go with it not consent based got no idea what im installing but i want to play my game attitude.

on top of that you have forum admins promoting software that has already been quoted as illegal on this forum post and by what reasons

they are quick to promote it but wont answer truthful questions on where the products eula, privacy policy is for the game center

what can be turned off what can be ticked or removed from the game center

its got to the stage where thoughts are wargaming has something to hide with the game center

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users