• Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

Trostani #301 Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51355 battles
  • [TDSTS] TDSTS

View PostSmegger213, on 17 November 2019 - 09:35 PM, said:

What shop is this then. All I see in the Game Centre is adverts for what ever is on offer in the premium shop. I also see something about What's coming in November and a list of the news articles.

Same goes for the Warships page of the Game Centre. That is all. I honestly don't understand what everybody is griefing about. There are far worse launchers out there. Cough "Epic Games Client" cough cough. Like others have said. Just launch the game from a shortcut, if you don't like it. You do know how to create a shortcut?

You have link few post earlier about WG plans transferring WGC into game shop. First product is already here - Steel Division 2. 

I will not run from shortcut because I uninstalled game after forcing WGC. I will come back if WG will remove it or there will be alternative solution, if not - their loss, I will find another game.

BTW: on CIS forum are informations that WG is planning to block possibility to run game directly from .exe file.

big1gaz1 #302 Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15539 battles

you see ive even checked the code of conduct page

http://forum.worldof...24-forum-rules/

by checking your own code of conduct

this part would point to wargamings own game center

5. Don’t discuss illegal/forbidden activities

Discussion of any illegal activity will result in the removal of the post and harsh punishments from the moderation team. Posts about illegal activity will also be escalated to the proper authorities.

Avoid:

• Links to illegal software/content download

using this other page via the asia website

http://forum.worldof...ode-of-conduct/

interesting that neither site match up

• Any activity that is in violation of local or international laws.

3.3, Violations of the End User License Agreement

I could add one more violations of the privacy policy

Edited by big1gaz1, 17 November 2019 - 11:47 PM.

BravelyRanAway #303 Posted 18 November 2019 - 12:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24721 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostTrostani, on 17 November 2019 - 10:32 PM, said:

I will come back if WG will remove it or there will be alternative solution, if not - their loss, I will find another game.

Goodbye so...WG will never remove it.:(

big1gaz1 #304 Posted 18 November 2019 - 12:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15539 battles

BTW: on CIS forum are informations that WG is planning to block possibility to run game directly from .exe file.

yeah it will be removed to force the use of game center to enter the game

its expected

parim1331 #305 Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:40 AM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7770 battles

View PostTommy_Atkins_Teapot, on 16 November 2019 - 01:11 AM, said:

Dear parim

Many thanks for the prompt response. Have had a look at the EULA, and as referenced by Homer_J, but not seeing too much in the way of third parties using game centre centre to promo other games, gather data etc. 

Now there is mention of an Account management tool to manage marketing within game, via e-mail, could this be used to "opt out" of the game centre, to avoid such marketing strategies, and just use a Standard installer to load, enjoy, and make in-game purchases to WOT alone?

Regards

Tommy

Hey Tommy,

As of right now, the visible options are what you get, and as far as I know, there're no other plans to have different launcher programs than WGC.

View Postlatecz3k, on 17 November 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

Fair enough. While I understand it might be difficult to give a good answer, is this a change from how the previous anti-cheating system has worked?

Seeing as the penalty for cheat detection is rather harsh, with, as far as I know, no ability to appeal, it would be in the best interest of everyone to know if game modifications now has a chance of triggering the anti-cheat system.

We try to release as few information regarding anti-cheat changes, as possible for obvious reasons.

As in any cheat-related case, if one decided to use such a illegal program/modification, it was their conscious decision to do so, with that said, they must also understand the possible consequences that such decision brings.

Smegger213 #306 Posted 18 November 2019 - 11:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15056 battles
  • [-4DC-] -4DC-

You have link few post earlier about WG plans transferring WGC into game shop. First product is already here - Steel Division 2. 

I will not run from shortcut because I uninstalled game after forcing WGC. I will come back if WG will remove it or there will be alternative solution, if not - their loss, I will find another game.

So after nearly 50k games you quit over this matter. Something that is so trivial, it should be a question on trivial pursuit. Well bye then, you will not be missed.

So what if it is becoming a game shop. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything from it.

Oh and pray tell me how they will stop you running the game from a shortcut. Exe files are part of Windows. It would be difficult for Wargaming to deny access to them.

Gremlin182 #307 Posted 18 November 2019 - 11:41 AM

General

• Player
  • 60424 battles

Only annoyance I have with the center is having to check it is going to send me into the right game.

Not 100% on this but it seems to depend on what updated last.

Run game center click on play get to the garage and I am in the common test.

That's happened twice now its a problem partly based on my eyesight getting worse but mostly by Wargamings poor choice of colour.

For some reason best known to themselves they love grey on grey as in grey text on grey background.

I can read the main headlines easily as they are fairly large, EU is white on red easy to see, next to that all games you can read but its an awful colour combo then world of tanks much clearer in white.

Below that is Game instance World of Tanks and Game settings but honestly how easy is it to make out the Europe bit after World of tanks.

Will you just please make the text Light on dark backgrounds and dark on light backgrounds and make the contrast sufficient for reading them to be a pleasure not a chore

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by Gremlin182, 18 November 2019 - 11:43 AM.

WaffleTiger #308 Posted 18 November 2019 - 12:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 44299 battles
  • [5REST] 5REST
Why so angry? Just a new launcher right?

Grumpy_gal #309 Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 484 battles

Duplicate point

Edited by Toon_lass, 18 November 2019 - 03:28 PM.

890 #310 Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 46868 battles
  • [MEDAR] MEDAR
I think that some of people who complains about WGC is afraid of possible anticheat possibility of WGC.

big1gaz1 #311 Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15539 battles

View Post890, on 18 November 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

I think that some of people who complains about WGC is afraid of possible anticheat possibility of WGC.

Wasnt bothered before about that, so why would i and many others be bothered about another change so they can find cheaters in the game

so by your numbers I presume that you use the test area of new worlds would i be right?

therefore had use of the test exe on that and also the exe for playing wot

this only benefits you the wgc in your case was better for your usage hence why you was tested with it voluntary yes id agree no eula or privacy policy needed for the program

no offense here but i call you people that use these tests sites cheaters as you learn every part of the maps being used know every best possible place to be in on many new maps released

you people are the worst for cheating so much so you have to learn new maps before release date

so before you go around accusing people of cheating take a good look at yourself if you do use them

890 #312 Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 46868 battles
  • [MEDAR] MEDAR

Can you please use any comma, full stop etc? I dont understand what are you talking about. English is not my native and you are not helping. You think that I cheat because i played to much games? Or because I (someone) tested some game changes (i dont use test server). I dont use any mod except cosmetic ones. I posted screenshots from my games on forum. You can go on wotreplay site and watch some of my replays. If you find anything odd i am willing to pay you one year prem acc.

But I am realy convinced that SOME of guys who cries here do that because they think that WGC has some anticheat abbilities.

big1gaz1 #313 Posted 18 November 2019 - 09:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15539 battles

sorry i cant use full stops and commas its part of the reason i space them between what i want to say

thankyou for being so honest

I know many that use the test servers to play new maps, I class it as cheating as they learn new maps before any one else plays them, find all the best places

certain mod uses is perfectly fine and also advised via wot as legal

its design is based solely more on the basis to advertise and show other products via the game center not really to check on cheats within the game, otherwise you wouldnt be able to click on the exe game file in a folder

i wont say anymore on that one as i have an idea what maybe the future product

personally wot have 2 games they could easily release as playable games football game and the racing game all with add ons at that

big1gaz1 #314 Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15539 battles

on further notice this game center is using alot of miss information

HOME TO WORLD OF TANKS UPDATES, NEWS, AND OFFERS

• One-click and multi-login support
  • Automatic game updates when not playing
  • The latest news and hottest offers
  • Common Test and Sandbox from a single app
  • Account info and a direct link to the "Redeem bonus" page
  • Server selection support
  • Seamless ticket creation
  • Personalized experience

by adding game center your accepting marketing advertisment

wot is classifing it as news and offers not marketing advertisement omitting its true intention of the game center

Advertising - information distributed in any way, in any form and using any means, addressed to an indefinite number of persons and aimed at attracting attention to the object of advertising, the formation or maintenance of interest in it and its promotion in the market

Advertising is paid, non-personalized communication carried out by an identified sponsor and using the media to persuade (to something) or influence (somehow) the audience"

William Wells. "Advertising: principles and practice" (Advertising: principes & practice)

The task of advertising is to induce representatives of the target audience to take action (choosing a product or service, making a purchase, etc., as well as forming conclusions about the object of advertising planned by the advertiser

you must set the all options to opt out and for the users to opt in by tick boxes by eu and by there own countrys law

opt in by default is illegal by law

wot game center users opt in by default with no option to refuse direct marketing / advertisement

im also aware you are also losing your gift boxes this year as its reference under gamberling laws

this link is cyprus gdpr own laws

https://iclg.com/pra...ulations/cyprus

reference 9.1 marketing  to  9.6

i also note there is no option to turn direct marketing off via the game center via this page

its an image free site

https://ibb.co/DMqd4P2

Edited by big1gaz1, 19 November 2019 - 05:07 PM.

gikxer #315 Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 54298 battles

FIX for Linux users!

Some people managed to start the game with Lutris but it didn't work for me. I got it running with PortWINE. Big THANKS to the Russian hackers :teethhappy:

http://portwine-linu...ng-game-center/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users