Jump to content


Please fix your servers

lag server ping

  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Server lag (51 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Have you been experiencing lag the last week

  1. Yes (16 votes [31.37%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 31.37%

  2. Definetely YES (8 votes [15.69%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 15.69%

  3. GOD DAMNIT YES (15 votes [29.41%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 29.41%

  4. No (12 votes [23.53%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 23.53%

Vote Hide poll

IShootYouByMistake #1 Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:32 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8682 battles
  • 6
  • [DIE4M] DIE4M
  • Member since:
    07-06-2012

Title says it all.

Idiotic post but getting really frustrated right now. Been like this for the last week or so.

Ping going up and down to 999 and down again, packet loss, you name it, the shitty server has it.

 

Would be great to get a update too, for example, here's a easy one for you to announce, just copy paste it, I wont take any honor for it: "Dear players, we are experiencing some server issues due to not managing them properly and focusing on releasing as many premiums as possible. Thank you for understanding that we are prioritizing money over the players gaming experience. WG out."



Drone81 #2 Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:38 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 22877 battles
  • 173
  • [1VTD] 1VTD
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011

stuff like this is not wargaming's fault

 

you should check your own ISP connection instead of blaming wargaming



IShootYouByMistake #3 Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:39 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8682 battles
  • 6
  • [DIE4M] DIE4M
  • Member since:
    07-06-2012

View PostDrone81, on 04 November 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

stuff like this is not wargaming's fault

 

you should check your own ISP connection instead of blaming wargaming


Done that, checked ping, reset hub everything. That and there are alot of others too complaining about this. Thanks for the input tho :)


Edited by IShootYouByMistake, 04 November 2019 - 08:39 PM.


Drone81 #4 Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:52 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 22877 battles
  • 173
  • [1VTD] 1VTD
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011

View PostIShootYouByMistake, on 04 November 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:


Done that, checked ping, reset hub everything. That and there are alot of others too complaining about this. Thanks for the input tho :)

 

funny that i did not have any issues with EU 1 & 2 . . .

 

neither had any issues with WoWs server in the last week . . .

lag, packet loss, etc . . . is not caused by a "faulty server"

 

even wargaming has no control over what their ISP connection issues are



Bulldog_Drummond #5 Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33357 battles
  • 10,536
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostDrone81, on 04 November 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

 

funny that i did not have any issues with EU 1 & 2 . . .

 

neither had any issues with WoWs server in the last week . . .

lag, packet loss, etc . . . is not caused by a "faulty server"

 

even wargaming has no control over what their ISP connection issues are

 

While WG obviously don't have any control over my ISP or the stuff going on between my ISP and their servers, I can't help finding it a bit odd that I use a premium ISP which has never given me a problem in 15 years except with WoT ping.

And when I get WoT massive ping so do a lot of other people 

So I can't help thinking that there is a common denominator, and it isn't my ISP



Balc0ra #6 Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 73320 battles
  • 20,868
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostIShootYouByMistake, on 04 November 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:


Done that, checked ping, reset hub everything. That and there are alot of others too complaining about this. Thanks for the input tho :)

 

True some have had issues, but not everyone. As if it was the server, everyone would have issues. Not just some. As "alot" is 50 topics like we had last Xmas when it was the server. Not 5-6 topics where the same people respond to complain.

 

If you trace it. It will show where the spike is. And most that do complain about it now are all in the same region of Europe, having their route to WG go past the same server on the way giving issues. It's why the rest of us have no issues. As we don't go by that server. When you have all done server-side inc input, there is more that will affect your gameplay then WG can control or fix.



Drone81 #7 Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:21 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 22877 battles
  • 173
  • [1VTD] 1VTD
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 04 November 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

 

While WG obviously don't have any control over my ISP or the stuff going on between my ISP and their servers, I can't help finding it a bit odd that I use a premium ISP which has never given me a problem in 15 years except with WoT ping.

And when I get WoT massive ping so do a lot of other people 

So I can't help thinking that there is a common denominator, and it isn't my ISP

 

having a "premium ISP" does not guarantee a stable connection to a WG Server

 

if not your ISP having issues, the moment a regional node is acting up, your province or entire region can expierence lag and packet loss

 

like balcora says, if WG servers are acting up, EVERY player should notice it and like i said, in the last week i never had any issues with EU 1 & 2 and EU server in WoWs

 

so the lag and packet loss is on your side of the fence



 



gunslingerXXX #8 Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:39 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 12927 battles
  • 3,405
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

View PostIShootYouByMistake, on 04 November 2019 - 08:32 PM, said:

"Dear players, we are experiencing some server issues due to not managing them properly and focusing on releasing as many premiums as possible. Thank you for understanding that we are prioritizing money over the players gaming experience. WG out."

:teethhappy:



CrazyLovex #9 Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:22 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22262 battles
  • 395
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

just in the last hour.

I never usually get any lag / high ping



Homer_J #10 Posted 05 November 2019 - 12:19 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32746 battles
  • 35,588
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostIShootYouByMistake, on 04 November 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:


Done that, checked ping, reset hub everything.


And can we see the results of your tests?

 

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.



Cobra6 #11 Posted 05 November 2019 - 09:01 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16530 battles
  • 17,552
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Are you using the standard router you got from your ISP? If so, throw it away and buy a proper router as the standard equipment is frequently the cheapest and bare minimum they can get away with. That equipment is not up to the task of gaming/streaming media.

After you've bought a new router (you can get a good Netgear nighthawk for around 160EUR which will last you a lifetime), see if that fixes your issues.

 

Additionally, if you are in the Netherlands or on T-Mobile, your traffic is now being routed via an inferior network hub in Germany instead of the fast one in Amsterdam which will increase your latency/packetloss.

 

Cobra 6



Bordhaw #12 Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:48 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 15042 battles
  • 5,029
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostIShootYouByMistake, on 04 November 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

Title says it all.

Idiotic post but getting really frustrated right now. Been like this for the last week or so.

Ping going up and down to 999 and down again, packet loss, you name it, the shitty server has it.

 

Would be great to get a update too, for example, here's a easy one for you to announce, just copy paste it, I wont take any honor for it: "Dear players, we are experiencing some server issues due to not managing them properly and focusing on releasing as many premiums as possible. Thank you for understanding that we are prioritizing money over the players gaming experience. WG out."

 

There was lag last week even though the in game ping was showing the usual numbers for me. 



aslejoh #13 Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:06 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9446 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    02-24-2012

everything as normal in WOT I see :P

 



Homer_J #14 Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:30 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32746 battles
  • 35,588
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostCobra6, on 05 November 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

 

After you've bought a new router (you can get a good Netgear nighthawk for around 160EUR which will last you a lifetime),

It will last you until the technology changes and no longer.

 

There's really no need to get any specialist kit for online gaming unless you have a heavily overused connection and want to prioritise gaming traffic.  And then some ISP routers can even do that.



Pedro_Agnus #15 Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:34 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29647 battles
  • 161
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G
  • Member since:
    08-25-2015

They need christmas boxes to improve the servers....

Oh wait! Those servers haven't been touched since.... Ever?

And... Well... The goal here is to profit! Fix the servers dont give WG any profit :D



prskanje #16 Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:01 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3373 battles
  • 50
  • [_EKG_] _EKG_
  • Member since:
    06-26-2019
It's true. You can't tell me my 100mbps connection is at fault when it's working flawlessly with browsing, torrenting and video loading.

Homer_J #17 Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32746 battles
  • 35,588
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postprskanje, on 07 November 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

It's true. You can't tell me my 100mbps connection is at fault when it's working flawlessly with browsing, torrenting and video loading.

 

Yes I can since all of those things cope well with packet loss.



Doozerr #18 Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:38 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 81057 battles
  • 316
  • [TYTI] TYTI
  • Member since:
    09-15-2010

View Postprskanje, on 07 November 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

It's true. You can't tell me my 100mbps connection is at fault when it's working flawlessly with browsing, torrenting and video loading.

Omg  for real ? I have a fast connection  can't be my problem :D



pihip #19 Posted 07 November 2019 - 05:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16022 battles
  • 1,249
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013
No lag, but as mentioned in another thread, these days I spend a long time in queue before getting a match (average 30 seconds, sometimes as long as 60-80+ seconds), and a similar long loading time applies when the match is over and the game is loading the post-battle screen. :(

unhappy_bunny #20 Posted 07 November 2019 - 05:19 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 19871 battles
  • 3,587
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View Postprskanje, on 07 November 2019 - 02:01 PM, said:

It's true. You can't tell me my 100mbps connection is at fault when it's working flawlessly with browsing, torrenting and video loading.


While it may a case that WG servers are having a problem, your 100mbs connection working with other things like browsing and videos, is not proof.

Aside from WoT working differently from those services, there are also the numerous links between you and the WoT servers to consider. 

 







Also tagged with lag, server, ping

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users