"Five unique vehicle classes"

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Nebuched #1 Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:38 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14285 battles
WG is still unironically advertising this on the website, but it's deceving. One class is being nerfed so hard it's less and less viable to play.  Talking about SPG's here, who will be neutered even more with the HE nerf. Just because a few players who can't stand having a counter keep clamoring for it. They are so addicted to their food consumable or sitting still in their TD they want 1/5 of gameplay to be deleted for just their comfort. Getting the T28 HTC and the followup campaign tanks is getting less and less probable for new players. 

Frostilicus #2 Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:51 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 23573 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
Nerfed, OP or otherwise, there are still 5 unique classes, so I don't see the irony

NoobySkooby #3 Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:13 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17313 battles
  • [-UM] -UM
gave up on the missions ages ago,after the stug 4,that was it I was shot through, but talking of arty and TD's, omw, I took the AT 2 out for a spin,put the derp gun on it just for once, well twice actually,holy crap he shell velocity is so slow I though it had been re classed as an arty,sure a Sherman was  getting pretty pissed off with me but not as much as the O1 ex I took out,had to use a HEAT round in the end.

Richthoffen #4 Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:59 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30267 battles
  • [MS-] MS-
heavies, meds, lights, td's and wheeled.. 5 unique classes, your right arty can be removed

Mr_Burrows #5 Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:18 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 48944 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostRichthoffen, on 06 November 2019 - 06:59 AM, said:

heavies, meds, lights, td's and wheeled.. 5 unique classes, your right arty can be removed

Yep, wheelies are not light tanks. They are light tank like, but not light tanks. 

Orkbert #6 Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:03 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 28314 battles

View PostNebuched, on 06 November 2019 - 02:38 AM, said:

WG is still unironically advertising this on the website, but it's deceving. One class is being nerfed so hard it's less and less viable to play.  Talking about SPG's here, who will be neutered even more with the HE nerf. Just because a few players who can't stand having a counter keep clamoring for it. They are so addicted to their food consumable or sitting still in their TD they want 1/5 of gameplay to be deleted for just their comfort. Getting the T28 HTC and the followup campaign tanks is getting less and less probable for new players. 

How about you read the news item more carefully next time? Or maybe read it at all? Because it contains a highlighted paragraph which is kinda hard not to notice:

Block Quote

We're currently testing the mechanics for dealing damage with HE shells only for regular tanks. This does not apply to SPG rounds or HESH. We will test them in a separate iteration, but only if we receive positive results from the current Sandbox tests.

Edited by Orkbert, 06 November 2019 - 11:20 PM.

Richthoffen #7 Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:11 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30267 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

View PostMr_Burrows, on 06 November 2019 - 07:18 AM, said:

Yep, wheelies are not light tanks. They are light tank like, but not light tanks.

I just hate arty more

tajj7 #8 Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28260 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostNebuched, on 06 November 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

Just because a few players who can't stand having a counter keep clamoring for it. 

Ah the irony of this statement, when trying to defend a class that has no counter. 

My good play should be countered by, wait for it, better play, not some low risk, low skill, easy mode, no counter, broken clicking class. 

Nebuched #9 Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:48 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14285 battles

View PostRichthoffen, on 06 November 2019 - 06:59 AM, said:

Didn't think of that...mercy kill spg's now that they have been nerfed so much, make wheeled the 5th class with less frustrating campaign missions.

10:50 Added after 1 minute

View PostOrkbert, on 06 November 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

How about you read the news item more carefully next time? Or maybe read it at all? Because it contains a highlighted paragraph which is kinda hat not to notice:

WG lies. Remember the canceled Halloween event and the WGC propaganda ? How easily you swallow it...there will be more SPG nerfs, how much money are we betting ?

10:53 Added after 4 minute

View Posttajj7, on 06 November 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

Ah the irony of this statement, when trying to defend a class that has no counter. 

My good play should be countered by, wait for it, better play, not some low risk, low skill, easy mode, no counter, broken clicking class. 

If you actually knew the game you would know about counterbattery fire and lemmings leaving one flank open making a SPG easily reachable for a free kill. Ah, the irony. And lets not forget maps like Paris which are their own counter to arty with nearly no LOF. Your fantasy of arty as a OP class with no obstacles is pathetic and sad,

Edited by Nebuched, 06 November 2019 - 11:54 AM.

FrantisekBascovansky #10 Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31216 battles

But that makes SPG still unique, right?

SPGs are for playing campaigns and relieving the stress, not for making damage, exp, carrying the game or making stats. Accept that or don't play arty, or this game.

TankkiPoju #11 Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:54 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23726 battles

The original design goal of WoT was probably to have "rock-paper-scissors" kind of game play where each tank class has a hard counter.

But it hardly makes sense now in 2019.

tajj7 #12 Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28260 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostNebuched, on 06 November 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

If you actually knew the game you would know about counterbattery fire and lemmings leaving one flank open making a SPG easily reachable for a free kill. Ah, the irony. And lets not forget maps like Paris which are their own counter to arty with nearly no LOF. Your fantasy of arty as a OP class with no obstacles is pathetic and sad,

Let's break down this ridiculous comment into it's most absurd parts shall we -

'If you actually knew the game' - I have twice your battle count, a 58% WR to your 48% WR, a higher WR in artillery than you, have actually played artillery at tier 9 and 10, unlike you, have more experience in tier 9 and 10 tanks than you, so whatever way you want to look at it, even looking at the restricted view point of just an arty player, I very clearly 'know' the game and how it works much better than you do.

'counterbattery fire' - Firstly, counter battery is done by what? Other artillery, thus a 'counter' that is done by the same class is not an actual counter. Secondly, as someone who has played artillery at high level (even the odd game in CWs where arty gets far more regularly counter batteried than randoms) I know that counter battery is extremely rare and only happens very occasionally on specific maps where its obvious where arty is (like Mines), but on most maps almost never happens and is generally a waste of time, whilst you hunt for barely visible tracers holding your shot the enemy arty is doing damage to your team all the time.

Finally all counterbattery fire is rendered completely useless by the massive hard concept of moving slightly after firing, and whilst I know that using the WASD keys is a hard concept to the average arty bob, for those of us that actually know how to play the game it's a pretty simple concept.

Thus all in all claiming that counter battery fire is an actual legitimate counter to the artillery class shows a complete ignorance of how the game actually works. 

'lemmings leaving one flank open making a SPG easily reachable for a free kill' - Because every game has free and open flanks right? NOPE, and because arty does not have the ability to move and doesn't have a mini-map right? NOPE. (I do also have to laugh at your mentality, the mentality of a clear bad artillery player that it is the teams fault for you not looking at the map and not moving) It really shows how much you are grasping at straws when you try to claim that an extremely rare scenario, where all the stars have to align, amounts to an actual counter to arty.

'And lets not forget maps like Paris which are their own counter to arty with nearly no LOF' - If you can't find shots on Paris then I suggest your play is the problem, whilst it is not the best map for the class, its hardly unplayable like you claim and its not like the other classes have maps where their vehicle struggles, oh wait no that applies to most tanks and classes. I mean artillery on Paris is still way easier to play than a light tank for example, because you know they actually have to put themselves at risk to do damage. 

This person seems to have done fine on Paris - http://wotreplays.eu/site/5069991#teams Top damage in a tier 8 arty in a tier 10 game and the enemy tier 8 arty also managed nearly 2k damage as well. Both arties had a considerably better time of it than the two EBRs in that game. 

'Your fantasy of arty as a OP class with no obstacles is pathetic and sad' - No what is pathetic and sad is when your argument is so poor you have to make up stuff about the other person, nowhere did I say arty was OP, I said it had no legitimate counter, which it does not as I explained and made your original 'Just because a few players who can't stand having a counter' comment so ridiculous. 

If you were someone that was knowledgeable about the game and had played it at higher tiers you would know this, but instead you are a bad player who relies on arty's low risk, no counter, easy mode nature to actually compete at higher tiers because it compensates for your lack of skill and knowledge needed to do well in higher tier tanks.  

Edited by tajj7, 06 November 2019 - 01:29 PM.

Gixxer66 #13 Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18559 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostNebuched, on 06 November 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

And your game knowledge has helped you win less than 48% of your games - probably suggests you are trolling or really have no clue :)

MeetriX #14 Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:42 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24071 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

Wheeled are "special".

GodTank2 #15 Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7993 battles
  • [RF_] RF_
Surely no one can be this dumb

Crashzi #16 Posted 06 November 2019 - 04:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7249 battles
Arty hard? when?

ThorgrimBrenadim #17 Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33683 battles

For one arty at present are not having their HE nerfed so stop scaremongering, yes it may happen if they nerf HE on actuall tanks but that may not happen and not yet seen one CC thinking the HE nerf is needed and should happen.

Arty are an issue in this game so if you do not like people complaining about arty just try actually thinking about how arty is effecting game play.

WindSplitter1 #18 Posted 06 November 2019 - 10:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19160 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostNebuched, on 06 November 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

5 Classes:

Light Tanks

Before:

"Hop inside a vehicle with no armour, the lowest HP of those all 5 classes, bar SPGs which obviously won't need much but eagle-eyed with the highest view range of all vehicle types and much-needed rate of fire! They are hard to play with the right way, but if one makes a connection, even the thoughest foes can be defeated, regardless of their Tier"

Now:

"Blyad! Get slightly worse better MM and the chance of being top tier once in a blue moon. Oh, and because you now have the same MM spread as all of those, we uh... gonna have to take some of that view range. RoF?! Oh, noes! See, you're only supposed to scout and scout only, so none of that for you. And uhhh... 'Bout that autoloader and derp, can't have that, you see... Damage ain't meant for ya either.

Try to see things this way, now you can suiscout faster in our well-designed corridors maps without worrying about anything else. Well, actually not that fast because, the 80km/h-70km/h range is obscenely fast for tracks so, we're gonna pull that range 10 klicks down, OK? And Tier Vs don't really need that much HP so we'll tone them to about the same as IVs.

Want speed, try our new dingbat WVs. This way it's much easer on your brain!"

Medium Tanks

Before:

"The correct choice for balanced gameplay and pwnage!"

Now:

"The correct choice for balanced gameplay! And pwnage if you pick Russian, da?"

Heavy Tanks

Before:

"Amour. HP. Attack! For pushing the frontlines your allies struggle with, heavy armour is at your disposal. Angle your armour to cheat on your oponent's attempts to bring you down, punish them with heavier armament.

But be careful: tank destroyers and artillery still have more firepower and your plating won't protect you from your mistakes. You can rely on it to stay alive for longer if and only if you know how to use it."

Now:

"Oh, my stars! Welcome, ye Disciples of Murazor! Ye hadth an inadequate position amongst thy enemies, which laughed at thy armour's inability to block standard shells. T'was embarrassed. T'was forgotten. Heed my words as I buff you immensely. Dost thou seek victory, then ye shalt adhere to the religion of Heavy Tanks. There is no tank but Heavy Tank and Maus is the messenger of Tank.

They are the fools now. No silver can make you quiver. No gold performs the untold. Ye armour and firepower are unparalleled. Ye are blessed with t'is characteristis: corridors to guard your flanks, foolproof armour to save you from your own mistakes, immense hit points to live longer, high accuracy and firepower to break everything upon thy path.

Ye need not to use t'is with care. Ye must simply use it. Heavy Tank will do half the battle for you.

Gold ammo is the little evil. SPG is the great evil."

Tank Destroyers

Before:

"Firepower. Where? No one knows.

FIREPOWER! Where?! You can't see it, but it's there. The ghost in the shell that delivers precise agony to your oponents is here. Stealth will keep your precious HP preserved if you use it right. Understand the mechanics behind camouflage and spotting and you'll be able to leverage what would otherwise be an inflexible vehicle (you don't always have a turret!). Their guns can be temperamental but hard-hitting, or precise with low damage per shot.

Either way, Harry Potter cloak is wonderful but here you have something similar that will work more appropriately if you do too!"

After:

"One Shot, One Kill

Just Luck, No Skill

Redline is your home and this is the motto. Erase 750HP every 16s. No one sees you. You're the puppeteer behind a victimless crime. And if you get an Assault Gun, you even have armour. Sometimes, EVEN speed! They shoot gold and poof! ZERO damage!! Dude, you can drive tanks without ANY DISADVANTAGE WHATSOEVER!!11!11! HAHAHAHAHA! It almost feels like a cheat! Call your partners in crime, 'cause there are like 3 or 7 of us. PER team!

Self-Propelled Guns

Before:

"All your team mates are focusing on the tactical advance against your contenders. The strategic initiative belongs to you, Artillery. All your relevant statistics are decreased to a bare minimum to pay for a very large debt: the gun.

You see the entire battlefield and are able to shoot anywhere in it with the mightiest punch of all vehicles. Missing is guaranteed and almost a gamble. Your platform is unreliable but the Titanic amount of damage able to be produced behind enemy lines can help your team force a breakthrough."

Now:

"I'm here to say, I'm going no way.

To hell with logic, here and today!

Do the clicker!

That's what we're about to do

'Cause anything else wouldn't be fun to you.

So do the clicker!

CLICK-CLICK-CLICK

And you're about to die!

From a thousand meters

Between you and I!

XVM Snipers!

Don't shoot the noob,

Shoot the unicum!

Ha! I'm just joking,

That wouldn't be fun!

Aim between both

And let the gun crack to get the most of your stun!

Just like a clicker!

~And not any clicker but a proper one~

And speaking of which,

We're not that strong,

So stop crying like a b**ch;

We are just going long.

Don't hate us,

Hate the TDs.

They do that (750/750)

We just do this (200/750)

They are clickers!

Artillery can't lose,

We always win!

We ruin your games,

Again and again!

So do the clicker!"

Orkbert #19 Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28314 battles

View PostNebuched, on 06 November 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

WG lies. Remember the canceled Halloween event and the WGC propaganda ? How easily you swallow it...there will be more SPG nerfs, how much money are we betting ?

Um, but if WG lies, then their announcement of reworking the HE mechanic is then by default also not true, so why did you even start this thread?

Also, why are you a much more reliable source of truth than WG? Please elaborate, preferably with citing sources that can be checked independently.

Element6 #20 Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31797 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMr_Burrows, on 06 November 2019 - 07:18 AM, said:

It doesn't matter what they are in real life, in WoT they have a diamond shape for class marker so the game treats them as light tanks, and that is all that matters really. Within the game's confinements they are very much light tanks, irrespective of how they look. In other news, the Tortoise isn't really a tank destroyer either, it's a heavy assault gun while the Stridsvagn 103 was really a main battle tank and not a tank destroyer either. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users