• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

kdaag #1 Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28358 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

Hi!

I have played a lot of ranked and read most posts here. I don't have the Chieftan and hence play mostly arty and focus the Chieftans and 279e*s instead.

I do however have constructive suggestions on how to promote people not only playing OP reward/CW tanks that a lot of the player base don't have. These changes can be made together or separately in whatever mix WG feels fit.

1. Only allow playing a tank once (or maybe twice) a day. Wins that is. After winning (once or twice) the tank is locked out until the next calendar day. This is good for game variation as people will be forced to play non-meta tanks and hence the gameplay will be more varied for everyone. It will also force the player base to own more tier Xs which is good for WG as a company. 

2. Actively encourage role-play in different segments of the battle. Not sure how to balance this but as it stands i.e. a batchat hiding half the game and then driving around clipping people at the end can end of very high on the leaderboard while people who try to fight early and die end up in the bottom. Maybe a 4th pointsparameter can be introduced that gives very little if the roleplaying is not done evenly throughout the battle.

3. Remove maps such as Mountain Pass from the rotation. (or other corridor maps) These kind of maps promote camping or hull down tanks. Instead have more open maps in rotation such as Malinovka and Proko. This favours more different kind of roleplaying and tanks. 

4. Limit the number of EBR's to 1 per game. People complain about 2 artys per game but having 3 EBRs completely negates all other light tanks and camo. Artys are often spotted even before they can move out of harms waty. This is not good for the game regardless what you think about arty.

5. As an alternative to point 1 WG can actively award playing the least 5 played tanks per day or 1 nation per day by giving them double chevrons for a win. Russian tanks will ofcourse not be in this rotation.

Please can we have constructive feedback.

Edited by kdaag, 06 November 2019 - 03:25 PM.

barison1 #2 Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 43999 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postkdaag, on 06 November 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

1. Only allow playing a tank once (or maybe twice) a day. Wins that is. After winning (once or twice) the tank is locked out until the next calendar day. This is good for game variation as people will be forced to play non-meta tanks and hence the gameplay will be more varied for everyone. It will also force the player base to own more tier Xs which is good for WG as a company. 

this is honestly a terrible suggestion, if you have like limited tier x tanks you wont be able to finished ranked, no matter how good you play

3. Remove maps such as Mountain Pass from the rotation. (or other corridor maps) These kind of maps promote camping or hull down tanks. Instead have more open maps in rotation such as Malinovka and Proko. This favours more different kind of roleplaying and tanks. 

why should it? to fit your arty style more? rotation is good to fit all classes including hulldown, as for what reason should that not be a thing? ban himmel aswell as it promotes sidescraping with superheavies?

4. Limit the number of EBR's to 1 per game. People complain about 2 artys per game but having 3 EBRs completely negates all other light tanks and camo. Artys are often spotted even before they can move out of harms waty. This is not good for the game regardless what you think about arty.

limit of 1 ebr per team and 1-2 other LT could be fine as 3 ebr can be pretty annoying. but arty needs to be limited to 1 aswell, having 2 arty nuke half your hp away instantly is bloody stupid and considering 2 arty can plain permastun a corner

kdaag #3 Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28358 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

Well in my opinion arty is the counter to hull down tanks that cannot be penned. I would however never play arty if I had a chieftan or if playing other tanks would be actively promoted.

If you take my whole list of suggestions into account you would realize that limiting the number of wins you could have in a tank per day to 1-2 would probably reduce the number of artys per battle. There are only 5 different tier 10 artys and my bet is that most people don't have them all or actively play them in ranked. 

Of course if WG limit the number of battles that can be played per day the will have to adjust the number of battles needed to get rewards. Right now it favours people with meta tanks and an infinite amount of available time. At the same time a big part of the player base in getting fed up with the game because there are too many specials and the game demans too much time of you.

Also I did not advocate the removal of certain city maps like himmelsdorf that also fit artys badly. Getting Proko with a Maus is also not fun but you can't please everyone. The problem with Mountain pass is that the corridors are so long that if one team breaks through in one of them the rest of the team don't have time to get back and help.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 06 November 2019 - 04:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34294 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

All WG need to do is give every player a special 'Ranked' version of all the tier 10 vehicles, only playable in ranked, with 100% 3 skill crews with tank locking in place. Instant variety to the MM, no player at an advantage/disadvantage over another because of tanks available/crew skills.

You'll never be able to balance it against players with more free time to play, but that's as fair as you can make it. 

barison1 #5 Posted 06 November 2019 - 04:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 43999 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postkdaag, on 06 November 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

Of course if WG limit the number of battles that can be played per day the will have to adjust the number of battles needed to get rewards. Right now it favours people with meta tanks and an infinite amount of available time. At the same time a big part of the player base in getting fed up with the game because there are too many specials and the game demans too much time of you.

adjusting game ammounts so basically it being piss easy for good players, taking like 1 eve to play to finish it as they usually have alot of tier x tanks while the players with lets say 3 tier x tanks need to play the entire ranked season to achieve the same, besides if those people with limited ammount of tanks lose all games there is no way to recover that and hits even harder. most chieftains/279e etc are moving up quickly from lower divisions so it quite seperates mostly after couple days and normal tanks like 430u, spaget65, e3, kran are then meta

and what do you expect? that you get a tier 9 reward tank handed to you with 0 effort? yes it takes some grinding but you get plenty rewards in return

kdaag #6 Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28358 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

You seem to want to misunderstand me. 

I am not asking to be given anything but a fair fight. Constantly giving the best players an advantage by giving them OP CW tanks, with improved equipment and then more bonds to buy even more of the same is not fair. Most really good players do not need this advantage so why are they fighting to keep it so hard?

Another very simple solution would be to sell all CW and reward tanks for bonds. The pricing could be adjusted as WG seem fit. F.ex. a Chieftan t95  could be priced at 25000 bonds which is a lot more than good players have bought it for playing in top clans. Top clan players paid 4000 bonds, sometimes after just playing 5 games. For a random player who is not very good 25000 bonds is a huge amount of time invested and it's more than the lowest auction bids in the past CW auctions.

I myself can continue playing arty and targeting the chieftans/279e's every game but this get old really quickly, especially for the targeted players. 

To say that the good players on OP tanks move up quickly and so eventually normal/bad players don't have to meet them just proves my point that they have an unfair advantage that they don't need!

barison1 #7 Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 43999 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postkdaag, on 07 November 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

You seem to want to misunderstand me. 

I am not asking to be given anything but a fair fight. Constantly giving the best players an advantage by giving them OP CW tanks, with improved equipment and then more bonds to buy even more of the same is not fair. Most really good players do not need this advantage so why are they fighting to keep it so hard?

Another very simple solution would be to sell all CW and reward tanks for bonds. The pricing could be adjusted as WG seem fit. F.ex. a Chieftan t95  could be priced at 25000 bonds which is a lot more than good players have bought it for playing in top clans. Top clan players paid 4000 bonds, sometimes after just playing 5 games. For a random player who is not very good 25000 bonds is a huge amount of time invested and it's more than the lowest auction bids in the past CW auctions.

I myself can continue playing arty and targeting the chieftans/279e's every game but this get old really quickly, especially for the targeted players. 

To say that the good players on OP tanks move up quickly and so eventually normal/bad players don't have to meet them just proves my point that they have an unfair advantage that they don't need!

i dont misunderstand you, or atleast not all aspects. sure a fair fight would be good but you cant achieve that with limiting the ammount of games per tank, it would basically just make it easier for good players while making it harder for bad ones. i wouldnt mind having cw/personal campaign tanks removed from ranked and have it plain tech tree tanks, neither would i mind a gold ammo limit of lets say 10% of ammoloadout as an example. current ranked season was already a good step forward, more permanent ranks so you cant drop much anymore unlike in s1. for people who are real bad at the game the qualitifcation became easier plain 20 games to get 1mil creds, which is a nice bonus for some. division 3 became easier aswell making it more accesable and let people not so good reach those rewards aswell.

of the chieftain part it is a plain kick in your face if wg decides to sell it, plenty people put effort in cw to obtain it as a special reward. you dont get chieftain by doing 5 games and entering the auction by simply bidding 4k bonds, it was 25k bonds at lowest iirc. the tanks like m60 and 121b already take like 10k+ bonds so far i remember. but you do get chieftain if you are top 10k (changes bit every campaign, but usually around top 10k) and pay 4k bonds, you dont get it for "free"

that good players move up faster than bad players is mostly due to skill difference, give a tomato a chieftain and he still wont move up fast

Edited by barison1, 07 November 2019 - 01:05 PM.

Long_Range_Sniper #8 Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37582 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postkdaag, on 07 November 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

I am not asking to be given anything but a fair fight.

Is there something unfair about the opportunities you have had in your 28k games to obtain decent tanks for ranked? You have the Obj 140, who some prefer to the 907. You have the T-100-LT which pops up a lot in the first division.You have the 430U, which is also played a lot......AND you have the EBR 105. Which is the vehicle I have chosen for almost all my games, and I'm now midway through the first division.

I actually have the Chieftain, and I've probably played five games in ranked with it.

Blaming a lack of progression on CW tanks may make you feel better, but the reality of your garage is you have more than enough tanks to play to the roles in ranked that give you XP to progression.

Also tagged with Ranked, Chieftan, Gold, Changes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users