"but sircon sed HE is broknnnn!"

HE big guns no skill Enjoyable game experience

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

lnfernaI #1 Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:30 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34500 battles

Never thought I'd see the day, but it appears QB is supporting and has joined the Red Army of HE spammers. Comment section obviously filled with people who can't aim anything that is not HE and who "will leave the game if changes take effect":

Spoiler

Do not go this low, please, anyone else. Every mentally sane player knows HE spam to be a plague, which is killing the competitive tiers of the game. Thanks, in advance.

Edited by lnfernaI, 07 November 2019 - 12:34 AM.

Stevies_Team #2 Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13892 battles

If they nerf HE it will not make the game better

As the poll showed, 80% of players do not want it

http://forum.worldof...e-is-a-disaster

Balc0ra #3 Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 73496 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
From derps? Not really needed. But an E100 with a 15cm gun that can't be bothered to aim at your weakspot when you do HT-15. Sure... I welcome it.

Bulldog_Drummond #4 Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33393 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

Can't say I've ever noticed an issue with HE but I'm not exactly "competitive tiers"

I can't help feeling sometimes that things that are very important to the top 0.1% of players are of no consequence to ordinary players and that changes made to please the top 0.1% often make things worse for the rest of us.

Dava_117 #5 Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:05 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 22759 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I really can't see any HE spam problem. Any tank that use HE is losing dpm and its not really viable on regular basis. When facing hulldown tanks it helps, but outside that case is just stupid and usually end badly for the "spammer".

Edited by Dava_117, 07 November 2019 - 10:08 AM.

Stevies_Team #6 Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13892 battles
Only really useful on a low HP tonk or for annoying shell proof tonks

Dragos_CS #7 Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:27 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22821 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

QB has a base of 47%ers he has to appeal to. KV2/FV4005/Hetzer "players". The same majority that voted against the HE changes.

The divide here comes from 2 groups: mid tier derp tank spammers who have been doing this since 2010 and high tier players sick of shitbarns and high caliber HE becoming the norm in peek fights.

I dont touch tanks below tier 8 so you can keep your shitty oneshot slot machines there as long as the 183s get axed and tanks with 150mm+ guns have their HE nerfed, especially relics from the 850 alpha age like the E4/E3 and 268. 1100 HE alpha is outrageous. A tank should NEVER do more than 300 damage on a non pen. HE should be a deterrent from camping OP hulldown/sidecrape positions, not a legit way of killing tanks in 4-5 half assed shots.

Stevies_Team #8 Posted 07 November 2019 - 02:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13892 battles

Get rid of ebrs wah wah wah

Get rid of arty wah wah wah

Get rid of HE spam wah wah wah

Get rid of prammo wah wah wah

omg

Inappropriate_noob #9 Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:41 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17374 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 07 November 2019 - 01:00 AM, said:

Can't say I've ever noticed an issue with HE but I'm not exactly "competitive tiers"

I can't help feeling sometimes that things that are very important to the top 0.1% of players are of no consequence to ordinary players and that changes made to please the top 0.1% often make things worse for the rest of us.

That very thing has been said by my clan commander several times, very insightful of you both:great:

02:43 Added after 1 minute

View PostStevies_Team, on 07 November 2019 - 02:02 AM, said:

Get rid of ebrs wah wah wah

Get rid of arty wah wah wah

Get rid of prammo wah wah wah

omg

Get rid of potato's like Skooby wah wah wah:D:D

Sorry had a beer, couldn't resist, lol

Spurtung #10 Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:55 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 74404 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostStevies_Team, on 06 November 2019 - 11:44 PM, said:

As the poll showed, 80% of players do not want it

http://forum.worldof...e-is-a-disaster

You had 249 people voting.

249 votes, regardless of results, are less than 0.1% of players.

lnfernaI #11 Posted 07 November 2019 - 07:15 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34500 battles

View PostStevies_Team, on 07 November 2019 - 03:02 AM, said:

omg

Actually, leave WV's, arty and special ammo alone.

fwhaatpiraat #12 Posted 07 November 2019 - 07:23 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 59638 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Tier X balance is completely screwed. Spamming HE with an E100 might be dumb, but going to a hull down position with a Chieftain and becoming invincible for basically everything is at least as dumb.  Or pressing w in a 279e. I have both so don't start the bs about me not having those blabla.

HE100 (or 60tp or Jagdpz) is still far far worse than the other tanks I mentioned.

TankkiPoju #13 Posted 07 November 2019 - 07:37 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23746 battles

View PostDragos_CS, on 07 November 2019 - 01:27 AM, said:

I dont touch tanks below tier 8 so you can keep your shitty oneshot slot machines there as long as the 183s get axed and tanks with 150mm+ guns have their HE nerfed, especially relics from the 850 alpha age like the E4/E3 and 268. 1100 HE alpha is outrageous. A tank should NEVER do more than 300 damage on a non pen. HE should be a deterrent from camping OP hulldown/sidecrape positions, not a legit way of killing tanks in 4-5 half assed shots.

Please show on this picture of your full premium ammo Chieftain, where the naughty trashbarn touched you. Not to offend, but it does seem to me biggest opponents of high alpha HE guns are really good players that like to sit perfectly still hulldown in strong tanks like Chiefs and Super Conqs and farm noobs.

Or vice versa, you are not going to get often hit by these guns in fast tanks because derp HE guns have such crappy gun handling.

But speaking about low tiers, does someone actually want low tier derps like KV-2 removed from the game? They are just meme tanks, not OP or even broken.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 07 November 2019 - 07:46 AM.

Kill_Broccoli #14 Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22011 battles
  • [PZRT] PZRT

View PostTankkiPoju, on 07 November 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

But speaking about low tiers, does someone actually want low tier derps like KV-2 removed from the game? They are just meme tanks, not OP or even broken.

Agreed, but they're doing the same thing they did with the arty, to fix 2-3 broken tanks they're chopping an entire group.

Pedro_Agnus #15 Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:58 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29672 battles
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G

Community: Premium shells need to be reworked as the game is clearly P2W now!!!

WG: Lets f*** the game to a point where they have to many things to complaint about and they won't remember all the P2W aspects on the game! 

SiliconSidewinder #16 Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:44 AM

General

• Player
  • 29096 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTankkiPoju, on 07 November 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

Please show on this picture of your full premium ammo Chieftain, where the naughty trashbarn touched you. Not to offend, but it does seem to me biggest opponents of high alpha HE guns are really good players that like to sit perfectly still hulldown in strong tanks like Chiefs and Super Conqs and farm noobs.

replace good with one trick ponys :trollface:

and yeah you will have a lot of people with good stats who can actually just do one thing (and that very good offcourse)

splash_time #17 Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13192 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I don't see the point of this action anyway. Removing pen from HE & HESH? If WG have just noticed that this two aspects are problematic, then why they added the FVs a.k.a deathstars from the beginning?  Or even artys. Seriously, if you add a tank, then you can't ruin it, or don't add it from the beginning and think about it twice!! 

Artys are a great example, they nerfed them but still have the power to overmatch the armours and sometimes even deal up to 600-700 or even full damage!  

They'll never think about the results at all! Yesterday for example, two hits from artys took 900 HP from my tank. Or when the FVs just splash you, not even hitting you, you'll lose 200-300 damage(I may say FVs but my point is all the high HE alpha tanks.). 

Well, chieftain and 279 are not so hard to take down, but they remain tough tanks in the right hands. 

After all this changes, many tanks will receive an unbelievable buff indirectly, such as v4, e3, Maus, especially 279 and hull down tanks. 

Last words, I think that most of the players are right when they say "WG is trying to ruin the game as much as possible"

HaZardeur #18 Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 37216 battles
To be honest I´m not surprised... QB is catering to his audience which is mainly composed of bots... they cry loud when they get one-shotted by the $hitbarn but when they farm low tiers with the KV-2 or the M4 derp its totally fine. They problably also think the M44 is the most balanced Arty.

tajj7 #19 Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28271 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I've still yet to see a good argument why tanks like the M4 Derp, KV-2, Hetzer, most Japanese heavies, FV4005 etc. are actually good for gameplay (and no 'variety' is not a good argument).

I welcome WG's HE changes, take away the overly punishing one shots and penning high damage rolls, make it more consistent, make aiming more important, getting rid of the silly module damage (oh you've auto-aimed at my turret and somehow set me on fire, that's fun and rewarding gameplay) and less RNG based but ultimately a lot worse damage wise than using penetrating rounds and actually penning with them. 

Losing a few derp tanks, many of which people abuse to stats pad on the middle tiers is no loss IMO for an improvement to the game. 

The HE changes reward skill, which is what the game should be about. 

TungstenHitman #20 Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:16 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 30655 battles

My attitude to any HE changes are simple.

Derp guns 

Leave things as they are.

In most all cases, HE is a derp guns bread and butter. There are not all that many derp tanks and the proposed nerf(based on the graphs I saw) would only serve to remove another fun part of the game. Games are supposed to be fun, this is a unique and funny form of fun in this game and removing it is a bad move.

Derp guns are not a problem, never were. If derp guns were a serious weapon then that's what we'd see most players using and every battle would be nothing but derp guns right? But as it is, they are rare, you won't see many of them and the reason for that is they are not a good choice with many obvious failings, always averaging less damage compared to a conventional non-derp gun option. Reasons for this is many, slower reloads, slower aim times, really bad dispersion, bad soft stats, glacial shell speeds we actually use to describe other gun with slow shell speeds as "derpy" and of course apart from that, most tanks are pretty much immune to being penned by HE so dmg returns are a complete lottery but they are just played for some good old fashioned meme fun.

Conventional guns.

Actually I still don't really see much of a problem the way things are tbh. It should be a case that if you race back to an almost capped cap, there is a super heavy and no chance to pen frontally with no time to aim, then to have the smart thinking to have already ore-loaded a HE to get in a reset simply by hitting that tank and doing even 1 dmg, ya, fine by me why not? 

It's good for a conventional gun that can't pen something to at least be able to chip away a little bit vs some over armored hull down broken as balls heavy tank. What's the alternative? flank him? lol you guys.... and as for catching a HE in the chops if your playing a papery TD or something, again, I play these tanks too, it's fine by me and most the time it's not penning or catching the gun or tracks etc. Maybe there's something valid about HE I'm not seeing but I don't really see why a proposed change is needed. 

Now, if you want to go and nerf arty HE dmg, go for it! 

09:18 Added after 1 minute

View Posttajj7, on 07 November 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

I've still yet to see a good argument why tanks like the M4 Derp, KV-2, Hetzer, most Japanese heavies, FV4005 etc. are actually good for gameplay (and no 'variety' is not a good argument).

Because they're fun and games are supposed to be fun? Is that a valid argument? Or is everyone's idea of fun supposed to conform and get in line with your opinion of fun?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users