Why you stoped or think about stop playing?

Uninstall stop quit

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

Pedro_Agnus #1 Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:26 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29647 battles
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G

Hi All,

:)

I (still) believe we, as a community, can achieve good things here. Not that i support the idea that WG "listens" any of our ideas or complaints... But because we do have many players who (still) love this game.

I don't love the game anymore... My apologies. But i'm only waiting to finish the frontline mode, try out the Phase and... I'm done until... Maybe ever.

There's to many bullsh** from WG and i'm tired.

I can do a massive list of reasons why i'm tired:

- They make silly changes on things that dont need any changes,

- Russian Bias,

- OP tanks that ruin the gameplay, Frankensteins!

- (For me the worst is) Now i feel they only change things with one thing in mind: Profit... Profit... Profit. 

- Pay to Win is now on a critical stage, 

- Premium tanks look like pop corns now.... Pop, Pop, Pop... Almost a premium tank per week! 

- Loot boxes and so on.... 

- We have a huge amount of tanks which require an update and they spend all resources on doing more russian OP tanks.... 

- Rankes battles should only allow tanks available on the tech tree, 

- WG word value is now equal to.... I was about to say - 10!

Well.... I could go on and on and on.... 

The thing is:

Have you quit playing this? Yes? Why? 

Or... 

Are you thinking about quiting this game? Yes? Why?!

Tankers, please respect all opinions and enjoy this discussion. 

Best regards, 

:medal:

__Eric__ #2 Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35146 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I have no intention to stop playing this game.

Pedro_Agnus #3 Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:27 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29647 battles
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G

View Post__Eric__, on 07 November 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

I have no intention to stop playing this game.

Great... So maybe this discussion in not targeting you :trollface: Glad you (still) happy with this game mate

__Eric__ #4 Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35146 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPedro_Agnus, on 07 November 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

Great... So maybe this discussion in not targeting you :trollface: Glad you (still) happy with this game mate

Yes, I still like it. Ofcourse there are things that could be better. But that doesn't stop me from having fun.

jack_timber #5 Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:41 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40779 battles

I can live with all the 'percieved' faults that some, not me though, see as detrimental to this game.

Therefore either play WoT for what it is not what you wish it to be, not a dig at anyone just my two penneth.

So I am with Eric on this one....

ageens #6 Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15759 battles
  • [LVGD] LVGD

in general - game lost fun. Or I gained experience. Or stress and frustration is not rewarding.

When I knew nothing about average damages, win %, WN8, every map was surprise and path I took was opposite than other team. VK28.01 on HEs YOLO back of IS-3. Was fun. I did not know what is Premium account and gold ammo because not donated. I did not quite understood why I always get shot while my 50% crew (remember, coin starved times) were not good at spotting or shooting. Farming on Tiger I for next level tank :D Or learned about bushes when I got STUGIII.

Now I go where I can handle with my vertical angling and armor, get frustrated when I see tanks who can one-shot me or I have no hope to penetrate them. I can afford "special ammo", I can get new vehicle as soon as exp is collected, doing quests brings gold/bonas/Premium days. I played whole 2 hours when I last got 2-3 Premium days in somekind event.

Game is going away from PvP to quest/grinder shooter, PvP is only because WG does not have proper AI bots. Almost every battle now can overthrow box of useful crp which would be nice if not feeling of last plague time party. People are "passing away" not because of lack of paints/camo/decals. What about invisible cornrs/ground/stones? What about new branches which are not well balanced against old ones (think E100)? What about new mechanics (think hydraulics of UDES MTs as V1 while STB has V2)? Wheelies now are considered more toxic than arty. How to know which bushes are transparent and which are normal?

I am waiting for:

"normal" tensorlflow/openai or whatever AI bots;

random maps, I mean, total random, redrawn right before battle;

do not know, what else. I never been PvP player, but WG's PvE is not the best either.

BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24343 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postageens, on 07 November 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

in general - game lost fun. Or I gained experience. Or stress and frustration is not rewarding.

That's most of the problem in trying to understand the change in perception. Sometimes it's difficult for some to understand the difference between 'game lost fun' and the mere fact that it's no longer 'new' to them. Very few people play standard video games that they played 5-10 years ago. Modern updating F2P games changed that dynamic between getting bored and moving on the latest new games.

Ceeb #8 Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:05 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32647 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

I dont think this community can achieve anything, rarely are we listened too.

"The Avalanche has already started, its too late for the pebbles to vote"

TungstenHitman #9 Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:06 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 30643 battles

It gradually became less and less fun

-The constant flow of OP reward and clan tanks making fights more unfair than normal

- a 3 tier battle system that generally leans on being bottom tier most the time

- Started to feel too much like work and that took the fun out of it. I would play this game until I had enough and then would normally stop, content and happy. But with so many missions and rewards on offer, which of course I wanted to obtain, I would have to play on longer than I would have wanted too and playing more battles when mentally I was done for the day and didn't actually want to play more battles.

- Mentally drained. When I'm tired from work(as you can see I am working really hard right now!) and family life, life obligations etc, I am just finding myself too tired and uninterested for the concentration demands of WoT so I wouldn't find it fun. If I can't bring my A game to the battle, I'm not ever happy just to goof about with sub-par performances and get out played or lose battles I normally wouldn't.

Pedro_Agnus #10 Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29647 battles
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G

Thanks guys....

Sure you can still play for free and try to have fun! At least you literally die trying :trollface:

But this is not the only thing i play online and i feel there's a inexplicable monetization of the game and not on a good way! Almost always heading some way to ruin the gameplay!

But this is not all... Even for new players (i know what i'm saying because i've tried to recruit many) the game experience is fun.... Just because is something new! I got a friend telling me the difference between sheels is just ridiculous when you can pay to be better. That was nothing worst on a game than paying just to become better and where skill is put aside. And.... Guess what!? I believe he's right! And WG is doing all they can to change the WOT scene but dont even think about changing the premium shells...! Nowadays, everyone that has no premium account is almost like a puppet on a battle field. But thats my opinion guys :)

Stevies_Team #11 Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13575 battles

We are the minority at the a** end of the universe, so don't expect any miracles

Just find the bits you like best and play them

barison1 #12 Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:21 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 43999 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
no intention to stop playing as the game is fun to play for me, just like it was years ago

NoobySkooby #13 Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:23 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17313 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Stats,the toxicity that they cause, watching vids on how to play tanks,then random map rotations throwing all best laid intentions out of the window.

Inability to play, annoyance that others love the game I detest, and can do things drunk that I cannot do sober,being in a clan and not really knowing why (TS is the reason why I am in mine)

Overall the feeling that this game is is like a bad drug,you keep on coming back for more and you know it does you no good,uninstalling does no good whatsoever,as you will only re install it at a later date.

I think if there are new players most of them are re-roll accounts,a true new player wil watch the WG advert and see the S Conq being used,think oh yeah that looks cool,and then see the utter mind and soul destroying grind you have to do to get there

I cannot think of one single thing to enjoy about this game, But my overall pet hate,clan members that  do not have tier 9 and 10 tanks..

Karasu_Hidesuke #14 Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:26 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17085 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

Basically, it's not fun in any meaning of the word. While there can be several explanations, what it boils down to for me is the simple fact:

I do worse now overall than I did 5 years ago.

Ceeb #15 Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:32 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32647 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostNoobySkooby, on 07 November 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

Stats,the toxicity that they cause, watching vids on how to play tanks,then random map rotations throwing all best laid intentions out of the window.

Inability to play, annoyance that others love the game I detest, and can do things drunk that I cannot do sober,being in a clan and not really knowing why (TS is the reason why I am in mine)

Overall the feeling that this game is is like a bad drug,you keep on coming back for more and you know it does you no good,uninstalling does no good whatsoever,as you will only re install it at a later date.

I think if there are new players most of them are re-roll accounts,a true new player wil watch the WG advert and see the S Conq being used,think oh yeah that looks cool,and then see the utter mind and soul destroying grind you have to do to get there

I cannot think of one single thing to enjoy about this game, But my overall pet hate,clan members that  do not have tier 9 and 10 tanks..

While I completely agree on the stats and why are they in this game other than some guy can whip it out and say mines bigger than yours.  Totally get it.

But bad play will always be spotted and slagged off and have toxic behaviour.  Tanks doing one hit of damage everygame will recieve grief. IMO.

If you arnt enjoying it, find something else.. it obviously annoys you.

Pedro_Agnus #16 Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:34 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29647 battles
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G

View PostNoobySkooby, on 07 November 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

Maps are and will always be an issue because all they can do are "corridor maps" (just get a russian OP tank and kill them all) or too open where wheeled tanks are gods now. For ex i HATE thr Paris map... One smal open area where we can spot eachother like.... Easily! And then.... Corridors! Face to face!

Maps nowadays dont require planning... You dont need to use brains as all you need is to go forward and shoot whatever is in front of you 30secs later and.... Battle over after 4min with an impressive score of 15-5! Ridiculous. There's a lot guys... A lot! 

SaintMaddenus #17 Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:35 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38422 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

What I don't get is why people that have stopped hang around in this forum sometimes for years after.  AND they still think their opinion is valid.  I get if people want to check out if the game has changed in a way that might bring them back,  but usually it's just anti WG rants.   Profit models for FTP games change, what people want in some games they don't want in others, you can't please everyone.    a few people asked for new skins, now they are providing them.  Others want more tanks, well those tanks need to be enticing..   Power creep happens because we as a customer base want something more... its not just WG fault, it's ours too. if "gold ammo" was for gold again that would cut it back but then the claims of PTW would be far more true.    It used to be gold, we asked for it to get changed and they did it.   We asked for arty to be a support vehicle, so they added stun and reduced damage (somewhat)

yes some of the work recently was a bit shoddy.  But they didn't release the Halloween special because they knew it.    Most software nowadays appears to be sent out unfinished...  that seems to be the business model for ALL software companies nowadays.  "let the users test it" seems to be the motto of the day.

NoobySkooby #18 Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:35 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17313 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostCeeb, on 07 November 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

While I completely agree on the stats and why are they in this game other than some guy can whip it out and say mines bigger than yours.  Totally get it.

But bad play will always be spotted and slagged off and have toxic behaviour.  Tanks doing one hit of damage everygame will recieve grief. IMO.

If you arnt enjoying it, find something else.. it obviously annoys you.

You are correct in all areas,but that drug reference still comes into play,as in like,just one more hit.

LincolnTank #19 Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10624 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I don’t stop. I take breaks. That helps

SaintMaddenus #20 Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:38 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38422 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
"being in a clan and not really knowing why"   You would have enjoyed team battles...  That was the Why of a casual clan...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users