Jump to content


Why would anyone do this?

victory deserting

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Nishi_Kinuyo #1 Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:48 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 9159 battles
  • 6,379
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

We won a battle, and one of our players deserted right as the victory banner popped up...

He ended up in last place with 37 exp while the player in 2nd last place got 400+ or something.



The_Naa #2 Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:56 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8784 battles
  • 1,523
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

some players just give up when they see the slightest hint of defeat.

has seen this happen like 20 times and 14 of those where a close call where that one or two extra shot(s) from that deserter would have made the difference for the victory.

 

i dont know the reasoning behind it but i guess some players cant face defeat bravely.

 



splash_time #3 Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:56 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13128 battles
  • 650
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 07 November 2019 - 11:48 PM, said:

We won a battle, and one of our players deserted right as the victory banner popped up...

He ended up in last place with 37 exp while the player in 2nd last place got 400+ or something.

 

Maybe he's just disappointed from life. :great:



Desyatnik_Pansy #4 Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:13 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 18224 battles
  • 26,691
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013
Isn't that just what happens when someone has already quit the game and the game ends in a victory? 

NekoPuffer_PPP #5 Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:49 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34356 battles
  • 4,046
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

If you decide to exit the battle before it's over, you get a clear message telling you you'll get sanctioned if you repeatedly leave battles. :izmena:

 

Maybe the arty had to rush off somewhere...:sceptic:...remember, these are real people, not bots. :trollface:

 

What if someone in the house needed help? :girl:

What if they had to rush off somewhere? :child:

What if they lost connection during the battle or their game crashed? (common these days, judging by the recent threads...) :ohmy:

 

There are a couple possible scenarios as to why this happens, and it's not always on purpose. ;)

 

I've had crashes before, where I couldn't get back in the game fast enough...:(...that was before I got an SSD. :trollface:

Disclaimer: I may have gone a little overboard with the emojis...



Stevies_Team #6 Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:58 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13575 battles
  • 1,393
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

Maybe his wife said no cha-cha tonite if you're not in bed in 60 seconds

 

Lots of reasons in the real-world why someone bails out quick



Dava_117 #7 Posted 08 November 2019 - 12:01 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 22691 battles
  • 5,098
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 07 November 2019 - 10:13 PM, said:

Isn't that just what happens when someone has already quit the game and the game ends in a victory? 

^^This.

I bet he was already AFK and got blown up by the server as part of the anti AFK policy.



Nishi_Kinuyo #8 Posted 08 November 2019 - 12:04 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 9159 battles
  • 6,379
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

Right... thank you for the replies.

Can't remember seeing this before so I was rather confused by it.



Pedro_Agnus #9 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:22 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29647 battles
  • 161
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G
  • Member since:
    08-25-2015

Bots.... (cof cof cof) :sceptic:

Whaaaaaattttttt? Someone said Bots? Nooooooooo.... Cant be! 



Jauhesammutin #10 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:48 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23668 battles
  • 1,012
  • [FAUF] FAUF
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

View PostStevies_Team, on 07 November 2019 - 10:58 PM, said:

Maybe his wife said no cha-cha tonite if you're not in bed in 60 seconds

 

Lots of reasons in the real-world why someone bails out quick

If you had 60 seconds for cha-cha you wouldn't waste time exiting the game, would you? I would just leave the game running. 



splash_time #11 Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:26 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13128 battles
  • 650
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 08 November 2019 - 01:49 AM, said:

If you decide to exit the battle before it's over, you get a clear message telling you you'll get sanctioned if you repeatedly leave battles. :izmena:

 

Maybe the arty had to rush off somewhere...:sceptic:...remember, these are real people, not bots. :trollface:

 

What if someone in the house needed help? :girl:

What if they had to rush off somewhere? :child:

What if they lost connection during the battle or their game crashed? (common these days, judging by the recent threads...) :ohmy:

 

There are a couple possible scenarios as to why this happens, and it's not always on purpose. ;)

 

I've had crashes before, where I couldn't get back in the game fast enough...:(...that was before I got an SSD. :trollface:

Disclaimer: I may have gone a little overboard with the emojis...

 

my game just crushed without any warning. :l 

and it restarted the whole game settings!!



Homer_J #12 Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:35 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32746 battles
  • 35,588
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 08 November 2019 - 12:04 AM, said:

Right... thank you for the replies.

Can't remember seeing this before so I was rather confused by it.

 

Usually when someone deserts because XVM tells them to give up it ends up being a self fulfilling prophecy and they get destroyed anyway.

 

This is what happens if they don't get destroyed.



xx984 #13 Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:54 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 64392 battles
  • 3,476
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

I’ve deserved a decent amount of times over the years.

 

reason 99% of the time is arty for me. When there is 3 arty focusing me with every shot (I don’t mean shooting at me normally, I’m talking waiting, holding shots for when I’m spotted, not shooting anyone else) I’m not going to play, and I’ll happily take the less xp/credits/stat hit to get into my next battle where I may be able to have fun 



Nishi_Kinuyo #14 Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:56 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 9159 battles
  • 6,379
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostHomer_J, on 08 November 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

 

Usually when someone deserts because XVM tells them to give up it ends up being a self fulfilling prophecy and they get destroyed anyway.

 

This is what happens if they don't get destroyed.

So bottom line is: don't trust XVM Win Chance and play normally for best results? :girl:



shikaka9 #15 Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:58 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 71169 battles
  • 1,076
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
those moments when life is more important than this game

xx984 #16 Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:01 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 64392 battles
  • 3,476
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 08 November 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

So bottom line is: don't trust XVM Win Chance and play normally for best results? :girl:

XVM got rid of win % years ago btw



NekoPuffer_PPP #17 Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:05 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34356 battles
  • 4,046
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 08 November 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

So bottom line is: don't trust XVM Win Chance and play normally for best results? :girl:

 

Yes!

 

Even if there's a 1% chance to win...it's still a chance. Sadly, it's gone as soon as a pessimist reacts to it...by venting in chat about it and/or drowning.

 

It's just a fool's estimate.

18:05 Added after 0 minute

View Postxx984, on 08 November 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

XVM got rid of win % years ago btw

 

Too bad it still shows player stats without their permission...



markynocarpy #18 Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:20 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 33840 battles
  • 93
  • Member since:
    08-10-2011
The other day my pc packed in .Its a good job I was just on chat ! If it had shut down in the battle it would have looked like I had deserted  Never mind £ 350 To put it right and am back see ya soon lads





Also tagged with victory, deserting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users