Jump to content


tier 6 vs tier 8


  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Santa_Claus__ #1 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:39 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1090 battles
  • 2
  • [DKBOB] DKBOB
  • Member since:
    05-16-2015
as i say  what can a tier 6 do vs a tier 8 in a battle  tier 8 can  1 hit you to dead this game sucks sometimes and  it need to be fix

Lloyd5 #2 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:54 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 34553 battles
  • 137
  • Member since:
    12-19-2012

Shoot tier 6's with your tier 6. Detrack tier 8's, flank them, shoot at their weakpoints ( cupola, lower plate etc) or fire gold.

 

Basically understand and learn to play the game before complaining .

 

Also...38% win rate. Does that not suggest to you that you are doing things very wrong and it might be you and not the game at fault?

 

 



dd_keky #3 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:57 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11701 battles
  • 111
  • Member since:
    04-01-2013
Play in back, support your tier 8s, dab that 2 key ( if you are rich ) or 3 for crew/module dmg. Some tier 6 tanks can have some tier 8 for snack.

Stevies_Team #4 Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:06 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15765 battles
  • 1,821
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

You hide and follow the big tonks

Go after the little tonks

Its a different gameplay style

 

You flank the big tonks when they shoot your big tonks

Make them panic

Tier 8 in T10 games are the same


Edited by Stevies_Team, 08 November 2019 - 02:07 AM.


XxKuzkina_MatxX #5 Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:21 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,631
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

You played 605 battles out of your total 678 in tiers 7 to 10. That's about 90% of your battles which is really bad because of the steep learning curve of this game. It's an easy game to play but not easy to play well. You need to learn the basics first (mechanics and maps) before playing higher tiers. Skipping tiers and converting free XP is an awfully frustrating way to play this game not to mention expensive. 

 

Recently you've been playing the O-I with a good win rate of 69%. This tank is a very good tier 6 when bottom tier. It lacks the mobility and your armor isn't great against tier 8s but it shoots HE from the 15cm howitzer. HE doesn't care about your enemy's tier, it does damage anyway. All you need to do is to play carefully and don't take damage. Let the big tanks in your team do their job without making your tank an HP bonus for the enemy team.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:40 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 35288 battles
  • 5,224
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
Half the enemy team is the same tier as you. Go fight them. 

Richthoffen #7 Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:10 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31146 battles
  • 2,715
  • [MS-] MS-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2011

don't get hit by a tier 8 then.. also getting hit by a tier 6 KV2 will kill you so whats the problem.

it used to be +/- 4 tierspread.



Gixxer66 #8 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:01 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19721 battles
  • 824
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013

Some tanks are just fine as bottom tier, others need to be played in a different way when bottom tier.

 

You have to adapt the way you play to the tank you are in and wether it's top. mid or bottom tier. At least you arent facing Tier8 in a Tier4 Light tank like used to be the case.

 

+/- 2 MM is part of what makes the game interesting, another challenge to overcome when bottom tier. Things have actually improved since I last played about 11 months ago, T6 and 8 seem to get far less bottom tier matches than they did in the bad days of 3-5-7 matchmaking.

 

Looking at your stats, I'm going to suugest that you go back to the lower tiers ( 5/6/7), and learn the basics before you start playing your T9 / T10 Leopards - managing to get 1 damaging shot off a game on average isn't going to win you many games. tbh you should probabaly stay away from Tier 8 too - an average of 1 shot of damage in your Panther 8.8 and less than in your STG suggests you aren't ready for T8 either.



Pedro_Agnus #9 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:11 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 30163 battles
  • 166
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G
  • Member since:
    08-25-2015

View Post_O_o__o, on 08 November 2019 - 12:39 AM, said:

as i say  what can a tier 6 do vs a tier 8 in a battle  tier 8 can  1 hit you to dead this game sucks sometimes and  it need to be fix

View PostLloyd5, on 08 November 2019 - 12:54 AM, said:

Shoot tier 6's with your tier 6. Detrack tier 8's, flank them, shoot at their weakpoints ( cupola, lower plate etc) or fire gold.

 

Basically understand and learn to play the game before complaining .

 

Also...38% win rate. Does that not suggest to you that you are doing things very wrong and it might be you and not the game at fault?

 

 

You need to understand he's a new player and the game experience for new players as the game it is now.... Is just... Bad! I understand if he's facing a defender as an example.

Probably he still dont know the game mechanics BUT he got a point and a new player opinion is more than valid ;)



MightyBalls_2 #10 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:26 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9486 battles
  • 185
  • [MITY] MITY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2014

View Post_O_o__o, on 08 November 2019 - 01:39 AM, said:

as i say  what can a tier 6 do vs a tier 8 in a battle  tier 8 can  1 hit you to dead this game sucks sometimes and  it need to be fix

 

I do not mind playing against tier 8 when I am in tier 6.

 

Yes you may not be able to see them frontally but you can support and flank.

 

I have a bunch of replays where I am a tier 7 heavy against tier 9 heavies and still coming out with 4k damage, I have light tank tier 6 footage where I am against tier 8 tanks and coming out as the top player:

 

Here is a couple of replays to help you see what you do against higher tiers than your tank:

 

 

Hope this helps


Edited by MightyBalls_2, 08 November 2019 - 09:30 AM.


Fizzymagic #11 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:36 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 50587 battles
  • 200
  • [-O-H-] -O-H-
  • Member since:
    09-19-2013

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 08 November 2019 - 01:21 AM, said:

You played 605 battles out of your total 678 in tiers 7 to 10. That's about 90% of your battles which is really bad because of the steep learning curve of this game. It's an easy game to play but not easy to play well. You need to learn the basics first (mechanics and maps) before playing higher tiers. Skipping tiers and converting free XP is an awfully frustrating way to play this game not to mention expensive. 

 

Recently you've been playing the O-I with a good win rate of 69%. This tank is a very good tier 6 when bottom tier. It lacks the mobility and your armor isn't great against tier 8s but it shoots HE from the 15cm howitzer. HE doesn't care about your enemy's tier, it does damage anyway. All you need to do is to play carefully and don't take damage. Let the big tanks in your team do their job without making your tank an HP bonus for the enemy team.

After only 678 battles surely you should still be messing about at tiers 1-3 learning the game!



Dava_117 #12 Posted 08 November 2019 - 11:17 AM

    Major General

  • Moderator
  • 23373 battles
  • 5,765
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Post_O_o__o, on 08 November 2019 - 01:39 AM, said:

as i say  what can a tier 6 do vs a tier 8 in a battle  tier 8 can  1 hit you to dead this game sucks sometimes and  it need to be fix

 

KV-2 doesn't care. The higher the tier, the better a penetrated HE will reward you! :trollface:



vasilinhorulezz #13 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:01 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29023 battles
  • 2,089
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014
The amount of times a tier VIII meets tier Vi are so low that it's pretty much an unofficial +1 mm for tier VI, so just do what you can and move on to the next battle.

Inappropriate_noob #14 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:11 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 17630 battles
  • 5,451
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostFizzymagic, on 08 November 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

After only 678 battles surely you should still be messing about at tiers 1-3 learning the game!

Sticking with the low tiers for that many battles,the mind numbing boredom would soon kill any game off,not sure there are any new players coming into the game other than re rolls.

 

Other than that,alt F4,or play arty.


Edited by NoobySkooby, 08 November 2019 - 01:12 PM.


Gixxer66 #15 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19721 battles
  • 824
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013

View PostNoobySkooby, on 08 November 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

Sticking with the low tiers for that many battles,the mind numbing boredom would soon kill any game off,not sure there are any new players coming into the game other than re rolls.

 

Other than that,alt F4,or play arty.

 

Proabably less boring than doing 1 shot of damage and then dying like in most of his games.

 

I can't imagine that's much fun is it?



MightyBalls_2 #16 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:33 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9486 battles
  • 185
  • [MITY] MITY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2014

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 08 November 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

The amount of times a tier VIII meets tier Vi are so low that it's pretty much an unofficial +1 mm for tier VI, so just do what you can and move on to the next battle.

 

I see tier 8 every 2-3 games so I think your matchmaking is far better than mine then



Fizzymagic #17 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:40 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 50587 battles
  • 200
  • [-O-H-] -O-H-
  • Member since:
    09-19-2013

View PostNoobySkooby, on 08 November 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

Sticking with the low tiers for that many battles,the mind numbing boredom would soon kill any game off,not sure there are any new players coming into the game other than re rolls.

 

Other than that,alt F4,or play arty.

 

I sort of agree but after only 678 battles i wouldn't have thought you would have more than a few tier 4-5 tanks at best. We have all seen the "RED" player bombing about with a high tier prem getting destroyed early on and getting insulted in chat, NOOB, LTP and worse etc. That cant be much fun for new players at all. At only 678 battles you are certainly going to get hammered at tier 5 due to lack of map experience and not knowing the firepower or armour of the tank you are up against. Unless of course, unlike me, you are one of these players who excel at the game naturally. Again i cant see there being many of those opposed to the majority of the player base who have had to play thousands of games and learn the hard way. 

Just an opinion, a quick check of my stats will show you i am an average player at best, but knowing certain points on maps and knowing which tank to take on or not in certain situations definatley helps and this was learnt by me from playing a large number of games.

 

Final bit of two bob waffle! After only 600 or so games of which i probably lost 599 i was no where near bored. There is plenty to learn regarding the game at that level along with the bonus of grinding new tanks. Think back to some of the shite you ground through as a new player. It certainly didnt bother me back then. Its only now as a seasoned but average player that i hate having to grind through tanks to get to something i fancy. KV3 comes to mind for some reason. 



Gixxer66 #18 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:42 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19721 battles
  • 824
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013

View PostMightyBalls_2, on 08 November 2019 - 12:33 PM, said:

 

I see tier 8 every 2-3 games so I think your matchmaking is far better than mine then

 

Since returning last month I've played a lot of T6 games, definitely seeing alot more same tier +/- 1 games than when 3/5/7 was the preferred template. I stopped playing due to the previous crappy template system.



splash_time #19 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:44 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14368 battles
  • 853
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View Post_O_o__o, on 08 November 2019 - 03:39 AM, said:

as i say  what can a tier 6 do vs a tier 8 in a battle  tier 8 can  1 hit you to dead this game sucks sometimes and  it need to be fix

 

Well, you still new player with only 680 games played.  :)

If you like to play low tiers, then go for the famous tanks a.k.a KV 2 - O-I, and try to learn T6 gameplay. 

 

And if you see that you're in a T8 matchup, then don't go to places where the higher tiers can use against you. I know that the game isn't perfect now, but if you learn the basics, you'll enjoy the game.

 

And last advice, don't peak in front of the higher tiers, no matter if they have armour or not.

Good luck! :)


Edited by splash_time, 08 November 2019 - 01:47 PM.


MightyBalls_2 #20 Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:06 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9486 battles
  • 185
  • [MITY] MITY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2014

View PostGixxer66, on 08 November 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

 

Since returning last month I've played a lot of T6 games, definitely seeing alot more same tier +/- 1 games than when 3/5/7 was the preferred template. I stopped playing due to the previous crappy template system.

 

I have just started the EBR grind and at present, I am on the AMD 178B Tier 6 and I have played 5 games today and 3 have been tier 8 games and 1 has been a tier 7 game.

 

Can I add that this tank is the most OP tank in the game, 12deg gun depression with amazing mobility.

 

I have played 35 games in it and I am already at 78% moe, shout get 3 marks at about 55-60 games at this rate.


Edited by MightyBalls_2, 08 November 2019 - 02:10 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users