• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Gruff_ #21 Posted 08 November 2019 - 12:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21972 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCommunity, on 08 November 2019 - 05:00 AM, said:

Four great tanks and their variants are back in the shop.
<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/special-offers/Remembrance-Day-Offer-2019/">The full text of the news item</a>

Veteran Tanks?

Please employ someone who can better translate from Russian to English or who if nothing is being translated has a better grasp of the English language at least.  Your forum titles and advertised descriptions of tanks are often misleading or misrepresented.

clickfingers #22 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 35246 battles
  • [NARMS] NARMS

Souma SM = good, but its more a sort of ambush tank, to surprize other enemy heavies engaged in combat (in a city) with other, and then you can 'pop-out' from another flank, and clip them, but its by no means a standard heavy tank.:)

The Centurion is good, when on a slope, peeking over, and very reliable gun. :great:

The VK as said before, its armor has way to large and many weakspots to be effective at all, when you sidescrape they just fire straight trough the turret cheeks, or hit the very large cupola :facepalm:, the gun is nice though.

TS5 i personally am not a big fan of td playstyle that forces you to be at arms length with you opponents, that is not what td gameplay is supposed to be.

The polish tank i do not have any experience with.

Edited by clickfingers, 08 November 2019 - 01:24 PM.

Valkyrie_Hound #23 Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13613 battles
  • [TDITD] TDITD
Great offer. Full price = on offer.

Falathi #24 Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:47 PM

Field Marshal

• WG Staff
  • 19913 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postclickfingers, on 08 November 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

Souma SM = good, but its more a sort of ambush tank, to surprize other enemy heavies engaged in combat (in a city) with other, and then you can 'pop-out' from another flank, and clip them, but its by no means a standard heavy tank.:)

The Centurion is good, when on a slope, peeking over, and very reliable gun. :great:

The VK as said before, its armor has way to large and many weakspots to be effective at all, when you sidescrape they just fire straight trough the turret cheeks, or hit the very large cupola :facepalm:, the gun is nice though.

TS5 i personally am not a big fan of td playstyle that forces you to be at arms length with you opponents, that is not what td gameplay is supposed to be.

The polish tank i do not have any experience with.

I do have experience with the 50TP Prototype, so let me add a bit here. 

When it comes to play style it`s somehow close to Defender in that it has comparable gun, tough turret and UFP as well as similar mobility. Let`s jump to the details, though: 

- 35km/h is pretty OK for a heavy, no issue here. However, Polish tanks reaches it faster and has much better turn rate. 

- when it comes to armor, Defender is obviously better: 50TP proto has vulnerable lower front plate and because of the shape of the hull armor it`s more difficult to angle/not to expose weak spots. Still, if you don`t show your sides or LFP 50TP can take quite some punishment. 

- the gun: neither is a sniper, but 50TP reloads bit faster, is bit more accurate and has better aim. As a tradeoff, you get worse penetration of the standard and premium shells - but with better aim, you are more likely to hit a spot where it will get through. Also, gun depression is noticeably better on 50TP (it`s -10 vs -6)

Overall, I find the 50TP to be more fun to play. 
Also - the tech tree Polish tier VIII heavy is pretty nice. It sacrifices the hull armor, but gets better speed ( up to 40km/h ) and better gun - which makes it a pretty decent vehicle, IMO. 

MrEwing #25 Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 47616 battles
  • [EWING] EWING

View PostPhantomMajor, on 08 November 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

I think you only get that in the high end purchase and not in the standard package

No, firstly it was the standard offer, I'm quite sure. I looked the offers again, and they removed the code from all packages. :D

Edited by MrEwing, 08 November 2019 - 04:12 PM.

HadurHun #26 Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 71364 battles
  • [HADUR] HADUR

View PostBurgasman, on 08 November 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

Just one comment, if I may. About the RAAC, the side skirts do not provide additional spaced armor on any other centurions, tech tree or the Prima. 

then it must have weaker side armor. because a centurion can sidescrape

guest273 #27 Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 35623 battles
  • [JORM] JORM

Y E A H

Spam some a lot of prem tanks before the 10th season of FL.

Cmon, borderline OP prems is not what the game currently needs.

MrEwing #28 Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 47616 battles
  • [EWING] EWING

View PostFalathi, on 08 November 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

I do have experience with the 50TP Prototype, so let me add a bit here. 

When it comes to play style it`s somehow close to Defender in that it has comparable gun, tough turret and UFP as well as similar mobility. Let`s jump to the details, though: 

- 35km/h is pretty OK for a heavy, no issue here. However, Polish tanks reaches it faster and has much better turn rate. 

- when it comes to armor, Defender is obviously better: 50TP proto has vulnerable lower front plate and because of the shape of the hull armor it`s more difficult to angle/not to expose weak spots. Still, if you don`t show your sides or LFP 50TP can take quite some punishment. 

- the gun: neither is a sniper, but 50TP reloads bit faster, is bit more accurate and has better aim. As a tradeoff, you get worse penetration of the standard and premium shells - but with better aim, you are more likely to hit a spot where it will get through. Also, gun depression is noticeably better on 50TP (it`s -10 vs -6)

Overall, I find the 50TP to be more fun to play. 
Also - the tech tree Polish tier VIII heavy is pretty nice. It sacrifices the hull armor, but gets better speed ( up to 40km/h ) and better gun - which makes it a pretty decent vehicle, IMO. 

In my opinion, 50TP is more fun to play for you, because you are already an experienced player. Defender is forgiving a lot more mistakes which is quite useful for unexperienced players. Also the 50TPs cupola - I think it is easier to hit than on the defender. On the other hand that -10 degrees is very nice, but it works only when you turn your turret, frontally it is 8 degrees.

Miepie #29 Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4294 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBurgasman, on 08 November 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

Just one comment, if I may. About the RAAC, the side skirts do not provide additional spaced armor on any other centurions, tech tree or the Prima.

Huh? I always thought it counted as spaced armour on my Privy… The armour model on tanks.gg seems to agree?

Gremlin182 #30 Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:53 PM

General

• Player
  • 58427 battles

Some good tanks some I have no experience of.

50TP looked at it a few times not bought it as yet.

Vk75-01K again considered it but rejected it too many downsides besides I have the Lowe much better accuracy and view range and armour is reliable if played properly.

Centurion 5/1 better than the Swedish version lack of sideskirts is annoying but better frontal armour so I am happy with my purchase very similar to the standard model.

Somua SM I rather like it no it does not have good armour its simply better than say the 50-100 still doesn't mean you will bounce much decent autoloader thats slightly better than the standard model.

TS-5 nice TD and it was good to get it discounted with the event they ran, Its a little better than the T28 Lower plate is weaker otherwise its armour is more effective.

reddistic #31 Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 56110 battles
Matchmaking with 15-0 15-2 battle scores. WG wont get any money. You don't have enough new players, and you can't get money enough from veterans. Bad days for WG. Wallet closed unless you sell extremely OP premium tanks.

George_Walverth #32 Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 58166 battles
  • [LAZA1] LAZA1

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 08 November 2019 - 07:24 AM, said:

None of those are veterans. :P

These two-year-olds are called veteran because so many new premiums are coming soon  

It is necessary to evoke that feeling in the minds of the people, that they have no new tanks, so they have to buy :D .

Jedi mind trick

Bordhaw #33 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:44 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15042 battles

View PostCommunity, on 08 November 2019 - 05:00 AM, said:

Four great tanks and their variants are back in the shop.
<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/special-offers/Remembrance-Day-Offer-2019/">The full text of the news item</a>

Dont need or want more tanks.

Would like more and bigger maps!

novusim #34 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9641 battles

Wonder why the cash flow could be diminishing..

#walletclosed as well, this is just a joke now.

Remarius #35 Posted 09 November 2019 - 11:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7418 battles

Not sure why people think the 50TP is bad from the comments - not having played it much maybe? The armour is quite bouncy and almost trolly at times, I've certainly got awards like cool headed and spartan before in it. Its fairly unforgiving though as bad angling kills you but thats true of most tanks. Gun bloom is fairly awful but other than that most stats are nice. Not fond of the pen honestly and the gold ammo is crap..... which is probably why people don't like it as their easy mode is gone. ;)

TungstenHitman #36 Posted 09 November 2019 - 11:58 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 30643 battles
I should probably try the TS-5, seems like a bit of a waste that I never played it once... that and my Defender, E25 and LeFH, all have exactly... zero battles played lol

LaManche #37 Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20595 battles
  • [3EGS] 3EGS

This #walletclosed is funny cos WG won't care anyway.

I've just limited my spending on the game to ~£100 per year.

But WG if you want #walletopen then please for f**k's sake nerf Obj. 430 U (nerf it for EU if the plebs on RU server is crying so hard about it) and ban reward tanks from participating in Ranked Battles.

I think it's safe to assume that EU server is the one bringing majority of your income so I'd tread carefully here and curb your retarded ideas to the drawing board.

Hardass #38 Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 35059 battles
Sorry but comming up with a Special with the the word Vetran used in it this close to Remembrance day is wrong disrespectfull and a cash crab DO NOT use this time of year to sell your products and make it sound like its somthing good to do this is a time of reflection not how much can we make.

Edited by Hardass, 10 November 2019 - 03:15 PM.

NoobySkooby #39 Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:44 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17327 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostRemarius, on 09 November 2019 - 11:44 AM, said:

Not sure why people think the 50TP is bad from the comments - not having played it much maybe? The armour is quite bouncy and almost trolly at times, I've certainly got awards like cool headed and spartan before in it. Its fairly unforgiving though as bad angling kills you but thats true of most tanks. Gun bloom is fairly awful but other than that most stats are nice. Not fond of the pen honestly and the gold ammo is crap..... which is probably why people don't like it as their easy mode is gone. ;)

T6's can pen with ease,WG's big mistake was saying it was Defender 2, you play this thing and wish you had the Defender,youplay the Defender,and wish that had it's gun depression, can't win em all,Had this sold it in rage,got the Defender,would take that any day over this.

Defender is not easy mode,you still have to angle correctly and do all the other things you have to do in heavies.

03:49 Added after 4 minute

View PostValkyrie_Hound, on 08 November 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

Great offer. Full price = on offer.

Yup,the classic WG way,come blackfriday,everything will probably be double the price:D

Evilier_than_Skeletor #40 Posted 12 November 2019 - 12:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20800 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP

View PostNoobySkooby, on 12 November 2019 - 04:44 AM, said:

WG's big mistake was saying it was Defender 2

To be fair that was the community. And based on the first super test iterations they were right. However, that abomination didn't make it to live, but was rebalanced to a pretty nice heavy. Only played a few games with a rental, but I quite liked it.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users