Remembrance Day Special

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

FryTheFly #21 Posted 08 November 2019 - 12:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28337 battles
  • [S052] S052
Nice, I will get these small gifts for glory of veterans. 

Homer_J #22 Posted 08 November 2019 - 12:50 PM

Field Marshal

• 32905 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCerberus91, on 08 November 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

Stop these hideous top 5 and 7 missions, they're more annoying than anything and are only pandering to a small masochistic or nolife minority within the community.

What? You mean the 30% of the team who actually try to win?

You want missions you can AFK through instead?

shikaka9 #23 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 72107 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
re-buying 6 tanks , IDC :honoring: 

Edited by shikaka9, 08 November 2019 - 01:31 PM.

Cerberus91 #24 Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4844 battles

View PostGruff_, on 08 November 2019 - 12:28 PM, said: 

There is no "win" requirement for these misions, out of interest would you prefer they set it as top 10 on the winning side only, or some other combo?

This way 14 people per game get to meet the requirements rather than just 10 per game as before.  I wonder how many games the average player would take under both systems.  I welcome the no win specification as you can still get rewarded despite the team as a whole loosing, but perhaps top 10 with a no win requirement would be too easy?

Why is it a binary choice? Why not top 10 within team without a win condition for a single game per reward? (reminder that the Brelin Wall fall missions include 50 games, top  7 and win for 1 day premium). 
You might compare it to a worse event last year (or whatever you mean by before), but I compare it to what it should be from a perspective of people that can't commit the time. 3 (top7) battles x3 times a day netting a total equivalent of 90k is a joke of a reward, but people having too much time and collecting these have more credits for equipment, tanks, etc. Not to mention casual players can't reach this within any reasonable amount of time devoted.  What would make it worth it is the daily max of 3x of each premium consumable for 1 game top 10 without victory condition. Should take 1-3 matches for this mission. This is casual standard. 

People that support the strict conditions simply wish others to lose out, so they have a relative advantage. Petty. And then you read on the forums the community is shrinking and complaining.

View PostHomer_J, on 08 November 2019 - 12:50 PM, said: 

What? You mean the 30% of the team who actually try to win?

You want missions you can AFK through instead?

Nice strawman and blame shifting, but no, I want missions that are easily manageable for casual players, not just nolifers, tryhard and premiums. Easy missions is still far from AFK. Missions should never aim to reward only the above mentioned minority, or they drive away the casual less-involved majority, which is the lifeline for a free online game. If you want to dedicate more time and effort into this game that shouldn't come at the expense of casual players in the form of opportunity loss. I feel sorry for you, as it seems you demand your dedication and record in the game recognized and rewarded, but if you want recognition, you should reconsider your commitments, perhaps towards something else than a computer game.

Edited by Cerberus91, 08 November 2019 - 02:03 PM.

Gruff_ #25 Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22789 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCerberus91, on 08 November 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:

For someone playing casually say an hour or 2 over the weekend they can likely achieve the majority of requirements.  The whole idea of missions is for WG to try and get people to play more by rewarding that time, as it stands even for a minimal hours investment of time there is a good chance of getting the 5 battles rewards of the boosters and completing 1 or 2 sets of 3 battles in the top 7, especially with battles these days not seeming to last the full 15 minutes . 

The "before" I mentioned wasn't any individual event just the previous top 10 and win requirements mores often seen before for various missions.

Kvasnikov #26 Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:31 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 47457 battles
  • [FTC] FTC
Sweet discounts! :great:

ToodlePips #27 Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 63211 battles
The discount on tanks is very welcome because I just finished grinding the British light tank line (lol), and since I want to buy the Manticore - strictly for the sake of completion - I would hate to spend the full price on that turd.

guest273 #28 Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:09 PM

Major

• Player
  • 35925 battles
  • [JORM] JORM
The premium tank discount is nice, but I FEEL TROLLED. I though WG canceled premium tank discounts forever because we hadn't seen one in the last 1 year or so.

RagingJedi #29 Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15772 battles
  • [0NLY] 0NLY

View PostCerberus91, on 08 November 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

Stop these hideous top 5 and 7 missions, they're more annoying than anything and are only pandering to a small masochistic or nolife minority within the community.

Top 5 and 7 is easy as long as you contribute to the battle. I would understand you if you complained about top 1-3, as that's not always possible to achieve in every battle. :great:

GH0571N45H3LL #30 Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23045 battles

Absolutely zero interest in any of these "rewards"

Homer_J #31 Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:06 PM

Field Marshal

• 32905 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCerberus91, on 08 November 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

Nice strawman and blame shifting, but no, I want missions that are easily manageable for casual players,

Casual players can come top 5 quite easily, especially on a loss.  It doesn't require much skill.  Basically it means you pointed your gun towards the enemy and clicked a few times.

Smelly_Cat #32 Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26232 battles
Something special for tanks served in WWI, such as the Renault FT,  will be nice. But all in all, no complaint as a beefed-up weekend event.

PhantomMajor #33 Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:35 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 16312 battles
what would be really nice would be if WG donated 10% of it's November profits to veterans charities like the Royal British Legion, Combat Stress or Help for Heroes.

VarzA #34 Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27318 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostCommunity, on 08 November 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

Let's remember our veteran with a great special.
<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/special-offers/Remembrance-Day-Special-2019/">The full text of the news item</a>

You mean 'veterans' .... i assume you mean all of them.

PS: Nice rewards.

Miepie #35 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4732 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPhantomMajor, on 08 November 2019 - 07:35 PM, said:

what would be really nice would be if WG donated 10% of it's November profits to veterans charities like the Royal British Legion, Combat Stress or Help for Heroes.

If you pick a national one (or a few of them), you'd get people screaming because some of those veterans shot at either them or people they like. Better to focus on a worldwide thingy. My personal vote would go to doing the Warchild thing again, because with veterans there's always the possibility that some have "dirty hands". Plus I really, really, really like that "armistice" camo style and want some more of them. :great:

Cerberus91 #36 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4844 battles

View PostGruff_, on 08 November 2019 - 02:23 PM, said: 

For someone playing casually say an hour or 2 over the weekend they can likely achieve the majority of requirements.  The whole idea of missions is for WG to try and get people to play more by rewarding that time, as it stands even for a minimal hours investment of time there is a good chance of getting the 5 battles rewards of the boosters and completing 1 or 2 sets of 3 battles in the top 7, especially with battles these days not seeming to last the full 15 minutes . 

The "before" I mentioned wasn't any individual event just the previous top 10 and win requirements mores often seen before for various missions.

-Idea for missions is to encourage people to stay in the game, first of all and then to encourage objective-focused play. These missions encourage reckless play and sticking to sealclubbing, which some casual players can't afford the tanks for.
- You say 2 hours, I say 9x top 5s will take more if you have a bad MM streak. And again, don't stick to the no-win condition. My complaint and the problem is in general. Top 5 is still hard unless you plan to lose and play accordingly in a game when you get zerged.
- Tryhards ,premium accounts and veterans on your team make it hard to reach top 5. It's a zero-sum game at the expense of the people playing for fun, only to broaden the gap between them and mission grinders. It effectively leaves people unable to complete missions uncompetitive by attrition and therefore losing interest in being sealclubbed.

View PostRagingJedi, on 08 November 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

Top 5 and 7 is easy as long as you contribute to the battle. I would understand you if you complained about top 1-3, as that's not always possible to achieve in every battle. :great:

As long as you're first or 2nd line on a zerg rush or the enemy peaks out to be sniped at choke points*. Fixed it for you. Other tactics can't compete as well. It is not easy for a casual player. Easy is 1-2 games reaching daily mission completion  and playing relaxed after.

View PostHomer_J, on 08 November 2019 - 07:06 PM, said:

Casual players can come top 5 quite easily, especially on a loss.  It doesn't require much skill.  Basically it means you pointed your gun towards the enemy and clicked a few times.

Easily you say? Earned top5 + victory just after having scored 9.5k XP, 13,6K damage(edit: clarifying- this was for the day, total up to that game). 1 win as SPG I achieved Confederate and 53 base defense, leaving me at 8th place. 
I did have at  least 3 losses being 1st or top 2 in damage. That was me playing my best tanks, sealclubbing. That's not how you encourage gameplay and player activity. That's not enjoyable either, not when around 1/3 of your team deal 0 damage and you get zerged.

To all 3 of you - Don't speak for casual players, you obviously have no clue what our experience in the game is. Save us the misrepresentation, as the mods on the forum already have a skewed and ridiculous perception of the community because of bored people like you, some of which apparently complained in the past that missions were too easy. Missions are not for you to be challenged and separate you from casual players, missions are to encourage gameplay, and a balanced one at that.

Edited by Cerberus91, 09 November 2019 - 06:09 PM.

FLATOUT_2 #37 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24235 battles
  • [T-ITA] T-ITA

View PostCataphractarii, on 08 November 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

Please remember

We're here today enjoying our comfortable lives because others, some still with us, went to war.

Many never returned to their loved ones or returned broken or damaged.

Spare a thought for them and theirs this weekend.

If you know nothing of war, you should. Go and learn of the destruction it causes and the hatred it creates and by understanding, try to avoid the mistakes of the past.

I disagree, we live better today not becuz we sent young people to die in war, but because technology! I agree the rest

Homer_J #38 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:35 PM

Field Marshal

• 32905 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCerberus91, on 08 November 2019 - 09:22 PM, said:

To all 3 of you - Don't speak for casual players,

I will speak for myself as a casual player, thanks.

Bordhaw #39 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:58 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15287 battles

View PostCerberus91, on 08 November 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:

Nice strawman and blame shifting, but no, I want missions that are easily manageable for casual players, not just nolifers, tryhard and premiums. Easy missions is still far from AFK. Missions should never aim to reward only the above mentioned minority, or they drive away the casual less-involved majority, which is the lifeline for a free online game. If you want to dedicate more time and effort into this game that shouldn't come at the expense of casual players in the form of opportunity loss. I feel sorry for you, as it seems you demand your dedication and record in the game recognized and rewarded, but if you want recognition, you should reconsider your commitments, perhaps towards something else than a computer game.

Gruff_ #40 Posted 09 November 2019 - 02:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22789 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCerberus91, on 08 November 2019 - 08:22 PM, said:

I play far too many games so yes I'm more than a casual player, however I do play with many casual players some who only manage a few hours a week, if as you say 1/3 of your team are doing 0 damage (and I agree often there are many low damage / xp numbers, myself also being amongst them game to game) then it really isn't hard to expand on that and end up in the top 7 by xp in one of those teams, even if you get zerg rushed.

I disagree with your premium time / tank and seal clubbing comments as none of those are at all necessary to have to achieve the requirements on placing top 7 on either the winning or loosing side fairly easily over an hour or so gaming,  a simple elited tech tree tank will do this and most casual gamers will have one at tier 4-8 or even if not yet elite then whatever tier they are grinding in at the time it's not too hard to place top 7.  I'm not presuming it can happen every match but over a session its more than doable 3 times :)

You do seem to have a chip on your shoulder about how tough it is on the "casual gamer", but even if you don't have lots of spare hours you have the competence to do these missions this weekend without too much trouble going by your stats, as do many others who don't perform overall as well as you.  Are you just frustrated with not having more time to play that leads to the no lifer / tryharder comments?

Edited by Gruff_, 09 November 2019 - 02:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users