Remembrance Day Special

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

neutrophil #41 Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13063 battles

View PostFLATOUT_2, on 08 November 2019 - 08:33 PM, said:

I disagree, we live better today not becuz we sent young people to die in war, but because technology! I agree the rest

I think it depends where you're from. For example, Nazi Germany had plans for population reduction of Poles and Lithuanians by 80-85% and Belorussians by 75%, as part of Generalplan Ost. So if your born in one of these countries, your probably alive because your ancestors fought for their land and people. 

bob_n_vagene #42 Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1227 battles

Hi,

WOT mentioned Bonus Code on site today, but I can not find it.

Anyone knows about it?

Gunderen #43 Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17360 battles
  • [B---B] B---B
Also looking for the Bonus Code

Forzo #44 Posted 09 November 2019 - 04:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14939 battles
  • [KEMI] KEMI
Really nice special! :)
Too bad that the premium tank discount cannot be used together with the Frontline coupon, even though it shows the combined discount price when looking in the shop. It's first at checkout that the price suddenly is higher. But you can't have everything I guess. Still great!

Edited by Forzo, 09 November 2019 - 04:25 PM.

Gunderen #45 Posted 09 November 2019 - 05:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17360 battles
  • [B---B] B---B

View Postbob_n_vagene, on 09 November 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

Hi,

WOT mentioned Bonus Code on site today, but I can not find it.

Anyone knows about it?

BERLINWALL

Cerberus91 #46 Posted 09 November 2019 - 05:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4794 battles

View PostGruff_, on 09 November 2019 - 02:10 AM, said: 

You do seem to have a chip on your shoulder about how tough it is on the "casual gamer", but even if you don't have lots of spare hours you have the competence to do these missions this weekend without too much trouble going by your stats, as do many others who don't perform overall as well as you.  Are you just frustrated with not having more time to play that leads to the no lifer / tryharder comments?

I am frustrated because these types of missions are a zero-sum game and promote a destructive to a team-based game attitude. The outcome often relies on you ether capitalising on the enemy's yoloers or planning on better play at the expense of teammates' (in the form of possible flanking coverage for example). It defeats the purpose of a team game when players are happy to have you killed if that allows them to get an extra free hit before getting spotted. This is the attitude I see in every team and am forced to fall in line myself if i want to do well in these missions. It disproportionally affects more team-dependent roles like the LT scout, the sniper TD, the SPGs on urban maps. I know of these specifically because I happen to enjoy them.

And while as you correctly observe I am personally bothered for the above reason, I do notice a higher trend of 0-dmg (or close) groups of teammates much more often around such missions. I do observe a struggle to reach the top X despite achieving class 3 performance or awards like Confederate. While that is not in any way a majority case, it is a stark error in any idea behind these missions. 

And to the other follow-up comments- Your experience can be magical and you can call yourself a casual by your standard. As someone having had losing streaks at the time of writing and observing these conditions not very rarely, I think there's a need for this to be noticed by WG, instead of a knee-jerk shutdown of any criticism just to please your desire of a challenge. I did post what I had accrued up for the day before I reached a top 5 win, which I don't think anyone can justify for being normal or desired. In return I only get a reply of subjective opinion. Well a fact-based experience disproves your opinion then. For the bored challenge-seekers, I humbly suggest to seek a thrill somewhere else, as the current focus comes at others' expense that likely don't bother to engage in community discussion, possibly to spare themselves this hassle.

P.S. far more successful other MMO games do have event missions that are properly made: they don't require any alternate play or tactics, just milestones for normal gameplay. The equivalent here would be damage made, xp earned, kills, enemies spotted, support dmg and typically are at easily manageable amounts and often against easy to handle AI too. Here, damage and xp are uniform for all tiers, which favors high-tier play, which is more credit-expensive, which players that don't regularly pass missions have the least of. I hope you can better understand the self-feeding effect I am speaking of. (to put it anecdotally, a tier 8 game aiming for higher damage dealt per game could easily result in loss of credits upon death and not sufficient performance. Multiply this and you get a poor account.) And regardless of your opinion, financially stable tier 5-6 tanks have a harder time to reach dmg (and thefore xp objectives) than tier 8 tanks. I don't focus on this issue, because I don't have an easy to implement solution to these, much easier missions at the right-set objective.

Edited by Cerberus91, 09 November 2019 - 06:30 PM.

Fenderbender420 #47 Posted 09 November 2019 - 06:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9533 battles
If your a registered veteran with IDme, Aren't you suppose to get a Thunderbolt tank as a gift?

Pistol_Only #48 Posted 10 November 2019 - 07:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 340 battles

View PostCerberus91, on 09 November 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

I am frustrated because these types of missions are a zero-sum game and promote a destructive to a team-based game attitude. The outcome often relies on you ether capitalising on the enemy's yoloers or planning on better play at the expense of teammates' (in the form of possible flanking coverage for example). It defeats the purpose of a team game when players are happy to have you killed if that allows them to get an extra free hit before getting spotted. This is the attitude I see in every team and am forced to fall in line myself if i want to do well in these missions. It disproportionally affects more team-dependent roles like the LT scout, the sniper TD, the SPGs on urban maps. I know of these specifically because I happen to enjoy them.

And while as you correctly observe I am personally bothered for the above reason, I do notice a higher trend of 0-dmg (or close) groups of teammates much more often around such missions. I do observe a struggle to reach the top X despite achieving class 3 performance or awards like Confederate. While that is not in any way a majority case, it is a stark error in any idea behind these missions. 

And to the other follow-up comments- Your experience can be magical and you can call yourself a casual by your standard. As someone having had losing streaks at the time of writing and observing these conditions not very rarely, I think there's a need for this to be noticed by WG, instead of a knee-jerk shutdown of any criticism just to please your desire of a challenge. I did post what I had accrued up for the day before I reached a top 5 win, which I don't think anyone can justify for being normal or desired. In return I only get a reply of subjective opinion. Well a fact-based experience disproves your opinion then. For the bored challenge-seekers, I humbly suggest to seek a thrill somewhere else, as the current focus comes at others' expense that likely don't bother to engage in community discussion, possibly to spare themselves this hassle.

P.S. far more successful other MMO games do have event missions that are properly made: they don't require any alternate play or tactics, just milestones for normal gameplay. The equivalent here would be damage made, xp earned, kills, enemies spotted, support dmg and typically are at easily manageable amounts and often against easy to handle AI too. Here, damage and xp are uniform for all tiers, which favors high-tier play, which is more credit-expensive, which players that don't regularly pass missions have the least of. I hope you can better understand the self-feeding effect I am speaking of. (to put it anecdotally, a tier 8 game aiming for higher damage dealt per game could easily result in loss of credits upon death and not sufficient performance. Multiply this and you get a poor account.) And regardless of your opinion, financially stable tier 5-6 tanks have a harder time to reach dmg (and thefore xp objectives) than tier 8 tanks. I don't focus on this issue, because I don't have an easy to implement solution to these, much easier missions at the right-set objective.

I agree that the missions created by WG are usually disrupting any kind of teamplay, which is the final death blow to the game experience.

also, I never understood the medal system, where you earn medals for greatness or long time achievements, but don't earn any credits, xp or anything with them! 

maybe take a look at Armored Warfare. maybe it suits your needs more. I can definitely recommend the PvE modes. the reward and progression systems are far more motivating that what wg has created in their cccp disability to create something like actually enjoyable gameplay.

Edited by Pistol_Only, 10 November 2019 - 08:08 AM.

piratha #49 Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12555 battles
  • [2-KP] 2-KP
So, with the 30% discount, which lower tier Premium Tank are you (all of you) going to buy? Discounts are valid only in Gold :coin:(if iI got this right)

Baleroon #50 Posted 12 November 2019 - 12:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44945 battles

Minus silver events continue ...  :great:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users