Ranked battles progress

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Mr_Burrows #1 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50652 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

Playing ranked has been an experience. It too ages getting that fifth rank, always going back down the ladder after a couple of successful games. Perhaps I should also mention that I have been away on a holiday, and as such has not played a bit.

But today I had time to play, so I did. And here comes the interesting part: Once I made rank 5 (or whatever it is called), it was actually a breeze going to rank 9. Why? Because the teams behaved somewhat predictable. 

Once up the ranks, I felt and experienced that it was possible to start some sort of team play. You could rely on your teammates in a different way than you could when the teams mainly consisted of low rank players. 

The difference i game experience was/is so tangible I just had to point it out for those that has not made it up the ranks (yet), and I also want to ask; anybody else getting the same feeling? 

clixor #2 Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:02 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 55955 battles

Wasn't planning to play ranked, i don't grind anything in WOT anymore, but had some spare time this week so i figured why not. 

So you could say i started 'late' and the most dedicated players were already in silver or gold leagues. But anyway, i do play without XVM nowadays but looking at teams the majority of players up to, say, rank 10 in bronze are still below 50% wr players, with the occasional 45% player in a bobject or something. Let me be clear i don't have any problem with less than average players, but in Ranked there is just no room for mistakes, if 2 players make some bad decision to yolo and die it's hard to recover from that.

Another thing is that the problem with less experienced players is that they don't seem to calculate risks that well, and a result try to play without any balls whatsoever. This can work (especially if you play just for YOUR chevrons), but on some maps you just need map control.

I did have some awesome games though, by either me doing a mega carry or having some synergy with other players. It's better gameplay for that than, in general, randoms. 

ValkyrionX #3 Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:14 AM

Major

• 55666 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

as far as my experience is concerned, most teams play not to lose, very different from playing to win.

The team play in theory should be encouraged by the exp distribution system linked to the role of vehicles by type of class, but in reality it is almost never the case.

Still based on my experience, it is rare to find teams that play like teams that try to organize.

When this thing happens then you have more opportunities to win, but as I have said many times the personal ranking system must not be based on the random result of a team always chosen randomly by the match maker.

TankkiPoju #4 Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:32 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24444 battles

I have only played T100 LT and Batchat in ranked and it has been pretty good. I think I actually like T100 LT in ranked more than in random battles, as funny as that sounds.

Neither relies on premium ammo, so I have also made quite a bit credits from rank rewards.

As a sad note, I would have completed LT-15 for Obj260 with honors twice already, but ranked games don't count...

clixor #5 Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:25 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 55955 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 10 November 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

I have only played T100 LT and Batchat in ranked and it has been pretty good. I think I actually like T100 LT in ranked more than in random battles, as funny as that sounds.

Neither relies on premium ammo, so I have also made quite a bit credits from rank rewards.

As a sad note, I would have completed LT-15 for Obj260 with honors twice already, but ranked games don't count...

Playing the 100LT myself as well, it still an excellent scout, and with some good bush work you can do some great spotting.. EBR can do the same but they might be really annoying, at some point they usually die (too early).. I find that a more passive light strategy, and staying alive until the end-game works much better (for getting chevrons).

deivio82 #6 Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:10 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 56115 battles
  • [LDTO] LDTO
i hope its last ever ranked .

TheDrownedApe #7 Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:26 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50853 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Got to 2nd Div very easily and was on about 140% eff. Then hit rank 9 of 2nd Div and had awful day where i lost 15 in a row (thankfully 7 is perm rank so i was lucky) then hit another snag at rank 11 and my eff went down to about 75%. Managed to get into the 1st Div yesteryday and that's all i need to do to keep the Kampanzer thingy in my sights and as of now I'm at 95%.

It hasn't been fun at all and the rewards (so far) are not worth it.

Edited by TheDrownedApe, 10 November 2019 - 03:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users