Type4/5 wich is better tier for tier

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Type4 vs Type5 (5 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Which one's better tier for tier?

1. Type4 (1 vote [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Type5 (4 votes [80.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

Vote Hide poll

phdr_vrba #1 Posted 09 November 2019 - 01:56 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28280 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Hi,

the title says it all, I've finished grinding the Type5, but I'm not sure if it actually performs better than Type4 tier for tier and I don't feel like keeping both.

I'm going for the derp shenanigans, but the key question here seems to be the armor. Type4 is, at least for me, the first tank with somewhat reliable armor in the JP heavy line. Type5 has some nice buffs to it, practically negating the penetration potential of most standard shells, but that in itself - and it being at tier 10 - is likely to make the Type5 a much stronger gold magnet, which might more than negate the extra armor it has over Type4. (Also, there are no tier 7 enemies to bully :confused: )

So... how do these two stand tier for tier? Especially when it comes to armor performance?

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 09 November 2019 - 02:19 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

Very hard question to answer!

Before the recent nerfs the type 5 was a huge upgrade over the type 4. In terms of armor, mobility, firepower, etc. and it was, still are, a gold magnet. No one in their right mind will go against this thing with standard ammo. 330/340 mm HEAT rounds will have no problem with the type 5's armor.

Frontline credits grind fiesta made gold spam quite prevalent. No credits shortage anymore for all kinds of players in almost every tier. There are also the proposed HE changes which will possibly be implemented next year. These could change the whole japanese heavies line. With HE having '0' penetration they could either give the derp gun very high alpha to be able to do some damage or focus more on the AP gun which will change the tank's game play.

The better tank tier for tier is the type 5 in my opinion but not in full tier 10 battles or with the derp gun.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 09 November 2019 - 02:29 AM.

WoT_RU_Doing #3 Posted 09 November 2019 - 04:37 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58213 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

Depends upon what your question is....better tank in tier, or better low skill one. Personally i’ve always done better in the 4, because you meet less tier x, and let’s face it, in tier x you are likely to have a higher percentage of good players on each team. So, a type 4 will generally do better than a type 5 for any noobish player. As an illustration of this, I quickly got my 1st gunmark on my type 4, but haven’t yet on the 5. Your point about gold is a good one, but there is a far more important one, especially dependant on the gun you use, and the ones that will fire at you.....What effect will the sandbox ammo changes have on your game play? Maybe go and play a few games there before you decide?

phdr_vrba #4 Posted 09 November 2019 - 05:46 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28280 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Eh, I still hope the HE rebalance will be scratched, there's literally nothing good about it >_>

leggasiini #5 Posted 09 November 2019 - 09:56 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17480 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

I'd say Type 5 is better mostly for significantly higher HP pool, better handling and while you get gold spammed even more the overall armor is better because it's more angleable. And it's not like Type 4 doesn't get gold spammed into oblivion already. I still block like 2.8k on average with Type 5, it gets wrecked by gold but against anything else it just stomps, it's still absolutely ridiculous when top tier for this reason.

IMO neither Types are as bad after nerfs as people say as long as you use the 14 cm guns. I assume a lot of people played (and still try to play) them for their 15 cm derps, though, which admitely are indeed pretty terrible after the nerfs (IMO don't use that gun ever, it's awful, full HE E 100 or even full HE 14 cm is basically as effective).

That being said if you absolutely have to use the derps (which I really wouldn't recommend) then I'd probably stay at Type 4 since it has a higher chance to meet lower tiers, where 192 pen 900 alpha HESH can do a bit more than at tier 10. The derp is even more trash at tier 10.

Japanese heavies will probably be greatly affected by sandbox changes (which makes me hopeful they would finally rework the line for once and all but I doubt it'll happen, sadly), so there's that, too. There's a possibiltiy that their derps become more usable again, and at very least their survivability should go up even more, so they'll certainly benefit. We'll see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users