Gold Spam&Arties on RANKED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Kill Arty (25 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should Arty Removed From Ranked

1. Yes (7 votes [28.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.00%

2. No (9 votes [36.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.00%

3. Just remove arty from game (9 votes [36.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.00%

Vote Hide poll

hi_im_kalenji #1 Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:06 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2846 battles
Did anyone manage to see a Ranked Battle without stupid arty or really matched up really skilled players who rarely use gold ammo rather than red bots just spamming on everything ? This season i participated my first Ranked Battles, it was extremely disappointing. I had to play more than 5-6 times on the only map i blocked. I always imagined Ranked Battles like best players vs best players. Let me tell you what i see; get stunned by arty on every 5 seconds(because i only matchup with 3 arty) inevitable gold spam even really good TDs and lots of coward is7 players sitting with arty at the edge of map and just crying about why we lose. I sent a ticket about these kinda toxic things on ranked battles but unless you send ticket something about money only AI responds you xD

UserZer00 #2 Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12870 battles

View Posthi_im_kalenji, on 10 November 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

Did anyone manage to see a Ranked Battle without stupid arty or really matched up really skilled players who rarely use gold ammo rather than red bots just spamming on everything ? This season i participated my first Ranked Battles, it was extremely disappointing. I had to play more than 5-6 times on the only map i blocked. I always imagined Ranked Battles like best players vs best players. Let me tell you what i see; get stunned by arty on every 5 seconds(because i only matchup with 3 arty) inevitable gold spam even really good TDs and lots of coward is7 players sitting with arty at the edge of map and just crying about why we lose. I sent a ticket about these kinda toxic things on ranked battles but unless you send ticket something about money only AI responds you xD

Arty is part of the game, so it has a place in ranked battle as long as they are trying to have a game mode that allows everyone to participate.

- If they remove arty then people would start complaining that EBRs should be removed.  

- If they remove EBRs people would start complaining that TDs should be removed

- If they removed TDs then the OPd tanks would be the next target

- etc.

As for the premium ammo use, people are looking for every advantage in ranked, so of course it will be used.

Now, if they designed a game mode like ranked, where everyone was given a choice between standard tanks, TDs, arty, etc and the load outs of equipment, ammo, etc. were the same for all players, then it would better represent the player skills. 

Until they do this you have to realize that people are looking for every advantage they should get and that we can't really complain, since it's an option in the game mode.

You have to decide, knowing that you are going to face arty, going to face a lot of premium ammo, going to face OPd tanks with OPd equipment and OPd crews.  Do I want to participate in this game mode?

If you decide to participate then you accept all of the above.

Can you still complain about it?  Sure.

Will your complaints have an impact on future versions of the game mode?  Only time will tell.

For maximum impact you'd probably have to post a similar thread on the Russian forums and see if you can get a major portion of the player base there to agree.  

It's up to you to decide if it's worth the effort

vasilinhorulezz #3 Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:22 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 28251 battles
You can't exclude a whole class from a game mod just because you don't like it. Sorry, I hate arty too, but it either gets removed from the game, or at the very least make it a less safe class or nerf the damage or something, I don't know, but this cannot happen.

ValkyrionX #4 Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:36 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53546 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
remove artys from this mode is silly , limit them to 1 arty per team

shikaka9 #5 Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 71368 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
there should be more atys in ranked and more drowning ..

UserZer00 #6 Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12870 battles

View PostValkyrionX, on 10 November 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

remove artys from this mode is silly , limit them to 1 arty per team

What would be more fun is for them to remove any limits that have already been configured into the MM with regards to team composition.

It would be great to have matches where there are 15 light tanks on one side vs 15 arty on the other (extreme case of course)

I think if they did this they'd have to allow a 5 minute chat period before each battle for teams to work out strategies (that would then be ignored by the majority of players of course)

Fun fun fun for everyone

hi_im_kalenji #7 Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2846 battles

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 10 November 2019 - 11:22 AM, said:

You can't exclude a whole class from a game mod just because you don't like it. Sorry, I hate arty too, but it either gets removed from the game, or at the very least make it a less safe class or nerf the damage or something, I don't know, but this cannot happen.

Atleast they earn %50 less than normal tanks on ranked mode. Just sitting behind and clicking on enemy tanks whole game needs balancing factor. Otherwise lets spam arty on ranked battles, we have stun damage we dont need to calculate cirlcles we dont have to angle armor we dont have to spot we dont have to take cover, just sitting behind and spamming gold HE on your head across the map and they getting same exp as you. 

Bordhaw #8 Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:33 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15106 battles

View Posthi_im_kalenji, on 10 November 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

FrantisekBascovansky #9 Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31621 battles

get stunned by arty on every 5 seconds

*edited*

Edited by YoseiGunshi, 10 November 2019 - 05:51 PM.
Be respectful

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:26 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34294 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

Let me tell you what i see; get stunned by arty on every 5 seconds(because i only matchup with 3 arty) inevitable gold spam even really good TDs and lots of coward is7 players sitting with arty at the edge of map and just crying about why we lose. I sent a ticket about these kinda toxic things on ranked battles but unless you send ticket something about money only AI responds you xD

Don't sit in arty fire zones.

Don't drive in front of TDs and expect not to get shot.

Stop wasting Supports time, they've got people with actual problems to help.

hi_im_kalenji #11 Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2846 battles
ok boomer

Tealo #12 Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43132 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

Well a temporary solution to the gold spam in ranked could be the same in WoT classic limited to maximum of 5 rounds until the ammo rebalance is done. 

Arty maybe something similar a arty vehicle can only be played once a day in ranked or hey depending on the numbers we don’t have access to even say 3 times a day 

mjs_89 #13 Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8898 battles
  • [95137] 95137
How about a hard cap for Chieftain/279?

clixor #14 Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:23 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 54724 battles

So let me ask you this, if you see an object 279(e), are you NOT going to fire gold at it?? And you still expect to get chevrons on a consistent rate?

hi_im_kalenji #15 Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2846 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 10 November 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

Don't sit in arty fire zones.

Don't drive in front of TDs and expect not to get shot.

Stop wasting Supports time, they've got people with actual problems to help.

View Postclixor, on 10 November 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

So let me ask you this, if you see an object 279(e), are you NOT going to fire gold at it?? And you still expect to get chevrons on a consistent rate?

ask him, he is the disrespectful professional player. "just dont get matchup with 279"

NUKLEAR_SLUG #16 Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34294 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Posthi_im_kalenji, on 10 November 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

ask him, he is the disrespectful professional player. "just dont get matchup with 279"

The answer is you fire gold if it requires it. 

vp56 #17 Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3424 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

I'm always amazed to see people say like "I hate arty but it can't be removed." These are the worst "arty haters". They hate the mechanic, but they don't want it removed because they feel it could hurt someone else's feelings. They rather have a toxic game mechanic that is choking the gameplay than have a broken mechanic removed just because there are some people who like the broken mechanic.

That's just spineless. Weak. If you hate arty you should always campaign for its removal rather than trying to excuse its existence with stuff like "it has always been there".

If you want arty to be in the game, then just don't add the parts "I hate arty" when you obviously want it in the game. If you hate arty then don't be sorry to say you hate it and it should be removed because it's a disease for the gameplay and you don't need to be apologetic about that.

Edited by vp56, 10 November 2019 - 03:02 PM.

VyNKaSMyN #18 Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:37 PM

• 345 battles
Please, remember that any and all input about SPGs should be posted on the appropriate thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users