• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Hagane1 #1 Posted 10 November 2019 - 06:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21066 battles
  • [R-E-P] R-E-P

Hi all,

A couple of days I sold the E-50M and got the Object 140 again to have a more competitive edge in ranked battles. The only problem is that I keep performing poorly in both Russian meds that are supposed to be among the best medium tanks in the game. The gun depression is atrocious, and the low alpha are really bothersome. I do so much better in the E50M even though I know that in the hands of the right player, the russian meds can be so much more dangerous. Do you have any advice for me? I also thought about getting the STB1 or the TVP 50/51 because they suit my style of playing a bit more.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 10 November 2019 - 07:16 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

Don't try to switch tanks to escape the problem. If tank A got some problems (gun depression, low alpha, etc.) then tank B will have other issues (turret armor, slow, huge, etc.). If you know the tank you got is okay and usually work then you try to identify the problem and find a suitable play style. And honestly, Russian mediums are easy to play. Hard to play well though as you said yourself.

Watching a lot of replays on different maps/spawns help. It'll give you an idea which positions to use, how aggressive can you be and what the tank is capable of. Don't watch the replay like a movie, analyze what the player is doing, watch his mini map like you're in the battle and try to guess his decision making.

This is a recent(ish) stream for the 140 by a very good player. In this session he averaged about 4k without using any gold. The idea is, it's all about positioning and making the right decision at the right time.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 10 November 2019 - 07:38 PM.

Hagane1 #3 Posted 10 November 2019 - 08:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21066 battles
  • [R-E-P] R-E-P
Thank you for your elaborate reply and for the video.

Edited by Hagane1, 10 November 2019 - 08:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users