When WG feels you are improving too fast

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

urmzz #1 Posted 11 November 2019 - 08:11 AM

Private

• Player
  • 31455 battles

They rein you in by feeding crapteams.

This is not a secret that they are manipulating the MM, other players have come to this conclusion aswell, as it can be really powerful tool to "motivate" your spending habits.

I expect this thread to be silently deleted because its bad press for the money making machine and suddenly my winrate going the other way, weird coincidence, right?

Attached Files

• Attached File   wg.jpg   108.38K

Spurtung #2 Posted 11 November 2019 - 08:17 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 75074 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

25 battles.

Yeah, they need to silence you, you're sitting on some very controversial stuff there.

unhappy_bunny #3 Posted 11 November 2019 - 08:30 AM

Colonel

• 20200 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Posturmzz, on 11 November 2019 - 07:11 AM, said:

This is not a secret that they are manipulating the MM, other players have come to this conclusion aswell, as it can be really powerful tool to "motivate" your spending habits.

I expect this thread to be silently deleted because its bad press for the money making machine and suddenly my winrate going the other way, weird coincidence, right?

I posted this in another thread, but maybe it belongs here. 

Well done. You just posted conclusive evidence of WG rigging battles.

The MM must have some sort Psychic ability built into it that predicts exactly how each player is going to behave in the battle and forms the teams around it, adjusting the RNG to ensure the desired results, because WG know that making players constantly lose battles encourages them to spend more money, and that making other players constantly win also encourages them to spend more money. 

Clever people WG.  :trollface:

Negativvv #4 Posted 11 November 2019 - 08:30 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 14093 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

People cry at bad team are when they're on the loser side but I've never seen one thread saying how good it is to faceroll the enemy funnily enough. 

Despite both partially being down to chance.

Gixxer66 #5 Posted 11 November 2019 - 08:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18815 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

That's why I'm not a unicum - rigged MM and regular ammo

Kappa

jabster #6 Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12771 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

There’s a pinned thread full of posters claiming that the MM is rigged. You’ll fit in well as they never provide any credible evidence either.

Homer_J #7 Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:29 AM

Field Marshal

• 32930 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posturmzz, on 11 November 2019 - 08:11 AM, said:

Or you had a run of good luck, now you have the flip side.

Of course when you are winning it's all down to your skill. :facepalm:

BR33K1_PAWAH #8 Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7664 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

What doesn't trigger you

Makes you stronger

Spoiler

PowJay #9 Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:11 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40507 battles

There are days when things go well and days when things don't go so well. Many excellent players- without making any controversial claims- post proof of excellent performance and awful win rate over a short period of time/small number of battles but here's a theory on less-able players.

I am officially "good". Source Noobmeter, but I'm happy to consider myself average. Some games I carry hard and we win. Other games I'm useless. 

Here's a thing though: I can personally have great battles where I'm easiest the best on my team- even of both teams. Lots of damage, a good few kills, and I can say "Hey, I was awesome and we lost." There are a few battles like this on my replays. Some are low tiers, one is a good battle in my IS-3.

WHY did I do so well? One reason is that my team was so useless that they allowed me to rack up shed-loads of damage and a number of kills. If I'd had a decent team then the damage and kills would have been shared out and we would have won.

This is the easiest, and most obvious, explanation why half-decent players can get excellent stats and still lose. What we need to see is where you are (consistently) when most of the team are pretty good. 

Here's a recent battle which proves the point. I was easily the best of a bad team. It's tier IV, but the principle is just the same. http://wotreplays.eu...owjay-su-76g_ft The Wn8 for that had to be well into 2K, but it was a draw.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:48 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34502 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

So how much has the "secret manipulation" motivated you to spend since they started rigging you with bad teams in order to get you to pay for better MM?

Give us a rough figure in euros.

mtnm #11 Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:57 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3673 battles

When WG feels you are about to quit the game:

UserZer00 #12 Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13247 battles

View Postmtnm, on 11 November 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

So, they have predictive algorithms that will let them know when someone is doing too well, that is designed to encourage to spend money and lets them know how someone is feeling psychologically?

Does this mean that we can expect them to shut down the game at any time since they will just take what they've developed, apply it to the stock market and sit on the beach sipping expensive whiskey while watching the money roll into their bank accounts?

Damn!  And I was getting so close to finishing the TotT this month.

:arta:

Wintermute_1 #13 Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:14 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 51445 battles

View Postmtnm, on 11 November 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

Why would this make you stay in the game? If winning and losing is nothing to do with you and all down to WG, whats the point?

BravelyRanAway #14 Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24498 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

Nah....even the devs will have a giggle at this one.

mtnm #15 Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:23 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3673 battles

View PostWintermute_1, on 11 November 2019 - 11:14 AM, said:

Why would this make you stay in the game? If winning and losing is nothing to do with you and all down to WG, whats the point?

I was trying to be funny. Next time I will add a /s.

jabster #16 Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12771 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostUserZer00, on 11 November 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

So, they have predictive algorithms that will let them know when someone is doing too well, that is designed to encourage to spend money and lets them know how someone is feeling psychologically?

Does this mean that we can expect them to shut down the game at any time since they will just take what they've developed, apply it to the stock market and sit on the beach sipping expensive whiskey while watching the money roll into their bank accounts?

Damn!  And I was getting so close to finishing the TotT this month.

:arta:

As a slight aside there is a bit of hype currently doing the rounds surrounding the development of AI to both identify 'spenders' and then modify their game experience to encourage them to keep on spending. It seems that currently this is mostly centred around the mobile gaming market but I'm pretty sure the big PC publishers will want to get the grubby little mitts on it.

The way things are going the idea of paying full price for a title and then just playing it will become a thing of the past.

pihip #17 Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16199 battles
Even if you had a consistent blue/purple performance over several days, stuff happens to everyone, so it's entirely possible for even a certified unicum to get a bad day where they lose no matter how much they try.

Now wether WG rigs the MM to prevent too much winning or not, I have no idea and it seems a bit silly, but if it were true and it came to light, their business would shut down real quick.

Miepie #18 Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4761 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 11 November 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

So how much has the "secret manipulation" motivated you to spend since they started rigging you with bad teams in order to get you to pay for better MM?

Give us a rough figure in euros.

I think they are more subtle and made a deal with beer breweries... I notice a very strong corollarelation between my WR dipping and evenings where I drink lots of beer. :sceptic:

UserZer00 #19 Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13247 battles

View Postjabster, on 11 November 2019 - 11:25 AM, said:

As a slight aside there is a bit of hype currently doing the rounds surrounding the development of AI to both identify 'spenders' and then modify their game experience to encourage them to keep on spending. It seems that currently this is mostly centred around the mobile gaming market but I'm pretty sure the big PC publishers will want to get the grubby little mitts on it.

The way things are going the idea of paying full price for a title and then just playing it will "become a thing of the past".

Become "even more" a thing of the past would be more like it.

Sure, there are still some games you buy, play, put on a shelf to gather dust, take down, dust off and play every once in a while.  However, this is less and less the case with all the games having new content almost as soon as the game is released, in game purchases, etc.

At 1st buy the game, play it and wait for the sequel.  Then it was the "monthly subscriptions" for online games, in game purchases, new content packs, etc.

Soon they'll be deducting 10% of your salary to send as support payments to the games you've played or have thought of playing

BlackBloodBandit #20 Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7512 battles

you played almost 31k battles. it looks more like you didn't improve much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users