Which tier 10 tanks do you keep in your garage?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #21 Posted 11 November 2019 - 01:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31767 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

Don't have many tier10 tanks. Planed to pick up more but I've always got bored or annoyed with T10 gameplay rather quickly generally speaking so I guess I'd rather consolidate the lots T9 tanks I have which I enjoy playing and would prefer to use my credits to play many battles with those tanks running a higher end offering with food instead of blowing millions of credits on a marginally better tank or just to play some ranked battles.

The ones I have or sold

IS-7 - SOLD. I know I know, sacrilegious, the legend that is. It was my first T10 tank and I loved it the first time I saw it when I downloaded this game. But that was how it looks. As it turns out, it's one of the best tanks in the game but I just don't dig heavy tank play and never used it much outside of completing some campaign missions. If I don't use it I don't see much point in keeping it when as mentioned, I can use it's resale value to fund hundreds of battles running food and having really competitive fun with lots of other tanks I use regularly and actually enjoy. No regrets, each to their own.

STRV 103B - Kept it. Best sniper tank in the game and a tank you can play with one hand down your pants once in position. It's a lazy and cheap to run damage dealer you can play either sober or totally incapacitated, probably better played the latter since it's relatively boring just like a clicker tbh. Good for missions and ranked battles, gets rewarded in RB for being a dedicated camper unlike all the other plebs in the battle camping just as hard with their meds and heavies.

Obj 430U - Kept it. Medium tanks are probably my favorite tanks to play but this is a heavy tank tank including it's brawling attributes so sadly I don't play it much as I prefer meds that are faster in all aspects, speed, agility, gun aim, shell velocity etc albeit with less armor so I'd actually much prefer a Leopard or Progetto instead. Worth keeping though and a pretty solid chevron grinder in ranked battles with it's armor blocking role xp bonus so like the STRV I most definitely do use this tank a lot albeit it exclusively for RB these days.

Grille 15 - Kept it. Another hands down the pants sort of clicker tank just nowhere as reliable as an SRTV. Horribly camo rating, wild soft stats that throw even fully aimed shot into the dirt or sky, inferior TD pen options, limited traverse turret and it's a big unit that gets spotted pretty easily, is hard to hide and hard to miss if your shooting at it... and papery so one mistake and it's all over fast... not even a mistake if some guy just rushes you it's all over unless you have support so it's not a tank I like very much, was a big disappointment for the grind involved featuring the likes of St Emil and some other dogs like that but anyway I kept it because the playstyle is obviously really easy and lazy so I figured I might drag it out now and then for RB.

I'd probably like to pick up a few more T10's like the Progetto and Leopard which are unlocked and just need to be bought. What stops me is as mentioned, I find the T9 offerings of most of these T10 tanks to be more than enough for competitive gaming even against T10 tanks so I'd rather spend those millions of credits running a Standard B or my Leopard with food and as good an offering as it can be and have lots of fun instead of spending millions on it's T10 alternative, have no credits left, have to grind credits for ages which sucks tbh and also get quickly bored of the constant T10 only battles. 

Dava_117 #22 Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:18 PM

Major General

• 23373 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I have just 3 of them:

-E100: my best performing tier 10. I really like the combination of a huge alpha gun and that boxy armour. When one fail, the other covers, or at least this happens frequently. Plus it's fairly mobile for a 150ton tank!

-IS-4: my first tier 10 tank. Looks divine, have a solid armour layout but gun handling from 5 metas ago and, as UrQuan said, the ammo capacity really kill the tank. Really I can't understand why IS-4 carry just 30 shells while 430U carry 50!

-Obj430U: an overhyped tank. Yes, hulldown is a monster, if you can find a cover low enought to let your gun stick out and enemy are stupid enought to not switch to HE to splash your engine deck. In the open can get some troll bounce, but it's sluggish and take a lot of time to cross open fields. Don't like it much but will play it regularly untill IS-4 will get its well deserved buff!

Inappropriate_noob #23 Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:35 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17630 battles

I have all the ones I have ground up to,sometimes rage sell them as I think they are all useless,except the Muas and the IS 7,usually end up buying them back,right now I have the full complement of them

IS7 still the best

Maus is Meh

Others are the S Conq (garbage,brit frontal armour etc)

705a 

Type 5, used to be good, till all the CC's made it crap

T110E3

Newly acquired E100

I only play them if in platoons or if I am really having a bad day

aps1 #24 Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26827 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

Still have 

E100. Waiting on the buff

obj 430 u ranked battles 

foch 155b

obj705 heavy line missions 

ebr 105 ranked battles 

tier 10 American arty, forgot its name

sold tanks (rush for black market Foch)

bat chat 25

t57

fb4005 (but then re purchased for td missions)

sold tanks In anger

type 5 (pointless having the tank after the nerf). 

currently grinding

wz 111

tvp

centrurian ax

russian light tank(forgot its name) 

future grinds

s conc

polish heavy. 

Mr_Bator #25 Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1627 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostNoobySkooby, on 11 November 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

I have all the ones I have ground up to,sometimes rage sell them as I think they are all useless,except the Muas and the IS 7,usually end up buying them back,right now I have the full complement of them

IS7 still the best

Maus is Meh

705a 

T110E3

Newly acquired E100

Bouncing shots with T110E3 or E100 feels so good, especially when you return the favor by doing 750 damage :izmena:

Inappropriate_noob #26 Posted 11 November 2019 - 03:04 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17630 battles

View PostMr_Bator, on 11 November 2019 - 02:58 PM, said:

Bouncing shots with T110E3 or E100 feels so good, especially when you return the favor by doing 750 damage :izmena:

I am always happy to toon with folk with the same tanks, 

Stevies_Team #27 Posted 11 November 2019 - 03:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15765 battles

Dumped my 430U, garbage gun

Kept my 140, luvvly gun

Dumped all my British stuff

shell rack city

Edited by Stevies_Team, 11 November 2019 - 03:24 PM.

Mr_Bator #28 Posted 11 November 2019 - 03:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1627 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostNoobySkooby, on 11 November 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

I am always happy to toon with folk with the same tanks, 

Same here, regardless of tier. Together I sometimes feel very strong when we rush an enemy that's alone :teethhappy:

vasilinhorulezz #29 Posted 11 November 2019 - 03:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29023 battles
If you bought it, you should keep it, even if you stopped playing it, selling and re-buying it will be costly (in case you'll want to play it again in the future). Still, there are a lot of videos of how one will perform, so you should always check them before committing to unlock and buy it in the first place.

Gremlin182 #30 Posted 11 November 2019 - 03:21 PM

General

• Player
  • 60309 battles

View PostUserZer00, on 11 November 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

If you decide "yes" for the E50M let us know the reasons. 

I'm grinding the E50 now and, if time permits, I will be unlocking the E50M as well.

Of course, since I only have about 4M credits and don't expect it to increase much before the end of the month in my account it's kind of a easy decision for me.

Tanks are similar other than the extra pen and the mobility.

220 standard pen 270 premium APCR on the E50 and 270 standard and 330 HEAT on the E50M

Credits not a problem so will most likely buy before the TOTT changes.

Wargaming gave me a discount coupon on the anniversary of my account start date and it was unrestricted, so I was able to get a years premium at a good saving.

Since I don't play tier 9 and 10 a lot the credits have been piling up to really stupid levels.

Ceeb #31 Posted 11 November 2019 - 03:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 34183 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostNoobySkooby, on 11 November 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

IS7 still the best

Maus is Meh

705a 

IS-7 is made for Stevie the IS-7 driver

SConq, is supposed to be played hull down, if you're using the front to block damage, you're playing it wrong. tank is bordering on the OP.

Type-5  was there to make bad players feel they are contributing to the team.  The nerf is welcome change to the game

Lanrefni #32 Posted 11 November 2019 - 03:55 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36066 battles
  • [STAYA] STAYA

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 11 November 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

No economical sense. No disciplin. No patience. These people have bad character, I tell you.

shut it, heretic. you know nothing of reality.

24doom24 #33 Posted 11 November 2019 - 03:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8894 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
Why would you sell tier 10 tanks? You make a huge credit loss in the long run. :facepalm:

8126Jakobsson #34 Posted 11 November 2019 - 03:59 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 82307 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 11 November 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

Some go down to the lower tiers and take out their favourite clubbers when they feel down. Skooby rolls out the 10's.  :B

Mr_Bator #35 Posted 11 November 2019 - 04:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1627 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 11 November 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

Some go down to the lower tiers and take out their favourite clubbers when they feel down. Skooby rolls out the 10's.  :B

I have to admit, we all could learn from his attitude of never giving up :izmena:

UserZer00 #36 Posted 11 November 2019 - 04:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13611 battles

View PostCeeb, on 11 November 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

IS-7 is made for Stevie the IS-7 driver

SConq, is supposed to be played hull down, if you're using the front to block damage, you're playing it wrong. tank is bordering on the OP.

Type-5  was there to make bad players feel they are contributing to the team.  The nerf is welcome change to the game

Not for the bad players:teethhappy:

I went up the line last December because of all the bonuses from the gift boxes, knowing a nerf was coming.

I think I had maybe 10 games in it before the nerf.

Balc0ra #37 Posted 11 November 2019 - 04:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74884 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Not sold anyone of them so far. But then again I've not even bought half of them. If the tier 9 is lacking or the jump is not that massive vs the tier 9. I tend to keep the tier 9 vs the X. AMX 30 is one such example, or even the T49.

And yes line changes etc have made some be played less or more. Foch 155 was never played much until the B came. Now I hardly look at the B. Then there are still a few tier X's with zero battles. That I've just bought on sale with doing missions in mind etc. Maus and IS-7 to name some "I bought the IS-7 as I got a skin for it tbh". Then I have the Obj 260 and S.Conq I got by other means that have yet to see action either.

mjs_89 #38 Posted 11 November 2019 - 04:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9327 battles
  • [95137] 95137

Who sells tier X tanks, honestly? Feels like throwing money out of the window...

I don't have many, hardly played them for now as I don't feel good enough yet and don't want to drag my teams down. But if I eventually get to a level where I'm comfortable playing them I'll definitely do. Didn't grind all those hours for nothing.

Here's a list of what I have atm (from my first TX to the most recent):

Rhm Pzw

Centurion AX

Foch 155

Sheridan

Leopard 1

T57 Heavy (Never played, since it has neither equipment nor a trained crew. Will try it as soon as it's ready.)

Bat-Chat 25t (Not bought due to a lack of credits, maybe next month during Holiday Ops. Also no equipment/crew)

Inappropriate_noob #39 Posted 11 November 2019 - 06:56 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17630 battles

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 11 November 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

If you bought it, you should keep it, even if you stopped playing it, selling and re-buying it will be costly (in case you'll want to play it again in the future). Still, there are a lot of videos of how one will perform, so you should always check them before committing to unlock and buy it in the first place.

Lol I have watched most of them,and tbh Ifind things cannot be replicated by what you see the vids and replays, that is usually down to the randomness of th game,map rotation etc, my alt is the one now where I'm trying, in vain I may add, to get to the magic 50%, that is the only goal of that account, this one is a dead loss:D

18:01 Added after 5 minute

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 11 November 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

Lol the only other thing I Have found toworkis what my old clanboss did whenher were down,platoon full of lt's, yolo spot to the redcap,take out arties if you can,,doing that in a ton can throw the reds off guard,and is time economic  as the battle usually is no more than 3 minutes long.

Only do this when your seriously depressed with the game:D

Spurtung #40 Posted 11 November 2019 - 07:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76224 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
I got all tech tree tiers 6, 8, 9 and 10, plus a bunch of others tanks for a total 405. I got 17 empty slots and nothing really to use them for, so I kinda wait for whatever new line comes up, save the ones I like from it, and keep getting more slots on missions and events in the meantime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users