how? when? who?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Jethro_Grey #1 Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4539 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

I'm grinding two lines atm, where i have a TVIII (IS3) and a TIX (T54 ltwt).

Now, having some boosters and discounts would be nice and the best way would be via the TotT thingy. 

I plan to start grinding another two lines (Swedish mediums and maybe german TDs), but io want to get the current lines done before i commit to a new adventure.

Now, i've never gave a damn or even paid Attention about the TotT events, and a short search on the portal didn't answer all my questions. 

1. Does the community vote which tank is the next TotT or does WG decide based on spread sheets which is        next? 
  2. If the community votes, how and where? 
  3. IIRC, boosters and discounts apply to an entire line (from TI), right? 
  4. the discounts only apply to the cost in credits of the tank, not the XP needed? 
  5. what are the chances having the RU light tanks or IS line (via T10 and IS7) as next TotT? 
  6. anything else i should be aware when grinding a TotT line? 
  7. any tipps and tricks to maximize the gain while minimizing tears shed during such an event? 

Thanks in advance to all replies! 

Zapfhan #2 Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:21 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 23405 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostJethro_Grey, on 13 November 2019 - 09:33 AM, said:

Now, having some boosters and discounts would be nice and the best way would be via the TotT thingy. 

I plan to start grinding another two lines (Swedish mediums and maybe german TDs), but io want to get the current lines done before i commit to a new adventure.

Now, i've never gave a damn or even paid Attention about the TotT events, and a short search on the portal didn't answer all my questions. 

1. Does the community vote which tank is the next TotT or does WG decide based on spread sheets which is        next? 
  4. the discounts only apply to the cost in credits of the tank, not the XP needed? 
  5. what are the chances having the RU light tanks or IS line (via T10 and IS7) as next TotT? 
  7. any tipps and tricks to maximize the gain while minimizing tears shed during such an event? 

Hello

1. In the Past the community was able to vote for the next TotT but currently we decide which line is next
  2. -
  3. There are 50% discounts on tanks from Tier II to V and 30% discounts for the tanks from Tier VI to X. The X2 Boost for the crew XP is active for all the tanks of the special other missions are bound to certain Tiers (e.g. Tier VI and above).
  4. Correct only the costs in credits are on discount. 
  5. There is a chance although I wouldn't say its a huge one.
  6. As the tanks are on discount you should remember that selling them during the special will give you less credits back.
  7. Check what specials will be active during the time to maybe receive some more boosters or crew XP. Check if you can make your stock grinds easier with unlocking some modules on other tanks. 

Negativvv #3 Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:28 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 14083 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE
ToTT has epic gains. I blasted out the T4 Stuart to a T9 T49 in under a week and I didn't even play that much. I did have boosters, WoT Prem Acc and a few other events but it was still highly worthwhile.

undutchable80 #4 Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:29 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 12516 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJethro_Grey, on 13 November 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

1. No, no more voting. WG decides the line

2. see 1

3. Yes, all tanks in the TotT line benefit from the x5 on 2nd vctory, crew xp boost (t6+) and discounts

4. Correct

5. Too hard to tell / predict. Current TotT is a MT. The one before that a TD and the one before that an LT. LTs are in short supply compared to other classes, so I doubt LT will be TotT 'soon'. My bet is that an HT will be TotT in February when it recommences after Holiday Ops. 

6. Save up credits so you can buy the tanks as you progress up the tiers and dont sell ones you dont want to keep since you get 50% credits back at the current cost (since its discounted you will receive less, so sell only after the TotT has finished). 

7. Depending on where you start a TotT line, doing double daily doubles (so x2 first win and x5 second win) every day maximises the xp multiplier boost. If you are willing to spend money, then consider buying a x5 xp package WG sells every month to expedite the grind. Get 2x x5s on the second win means you get anywhere from 10-15k xp after one battle. If you have x3 multiplier available from a premium account, it adds up quick! Also, if you have the premium account, if you get that second win during you VIDI mission (2nd premium account mission) you get another x3 applied to your xp. Note: you cant choose when the x5 (either from TotT or bought) applies; when you win and finish top 10, that boost gets automatically applied, so keep that in mind. 

EDIT: Keep in mind that Holiday Ops starts in a month or so, which will allow you to apply discounts on tanks (30% - T10, 40% T8 & 9, and 50% on T6 & 7). So unless you have plenty of other grinds and are wiling to wait for either mentioned lines to become TotT, you can use those christmas discounts

Edited by undutchable80, 13 November 2019 - 11:33 AM.

Geno1isme #5 Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48535 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostJethro_Grey, on 13 November 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

what are the chances having the RU light tanks or IS line (via T10 and IS7) as next TotT?

I'd say the chance for IS-7 or T-100 as TotT is very small as both were already featured in the past, and this year WG is focusing on lines that weren't featured yet (usually lines that aren't very popular). Obj277 might be featured eventually though as IIRC WG has skipped it so far.

Also please note that TotT is usually suspended in December and January due to Christmas specials in that time (which often involve discounts and bonuses for all techtree tanks), so you'll likely have to wait until February for the next TotT.

fwhaatpiraat #6 Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:44 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 60163 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postundutchable80, on 13 November 2019 - 11:29 AM, said:

1. No, no more voting. WG decides the line

2. see 1

3. Yes, all tanks in the TotT line benefit from the x5 on 2nd vctory, crew xp boost (t6+) and discounts

4. Correct

5. Too hard to tell / predict. Current TotT is a MT. The one before that a TD and the one before that an LT. LTs are in short supply compared to other classes, so I doubt LT will be TotT 'soon'. My bet is that an HT will be TotT in February when it recommences after Holiday Ops. 

6. Save up credits so you can buy the tanks as you progress up the tiers and dont sell ones you dont want to keep since you get 50% credits back at the current cost (since its discounted you will receive less, so sell only after the TotT has finished). 

7. Depending on where you start a TotT line, doing double daily doubles (so x2 first win and x5 second win) every day maximises the xp multiplier boost. If you are willing to spend money, then consider buying a x5 xp package WG sells every month to expedite the grind. Get 2x x5s on the second win means you get anywhere from 10-15k xp after one battle. If you have x3 multiplier available from a premium account, it adds up quick! Also, if you have the premium account, if you get that second win during you VIDI mission (2nd premium account mission) you get another x3 applied to your xp. Note: you cant choose when the x5 (either from TotT or bought) applies; when you win and finish top 10, that boost gets automatically applied, so keep that in mind. 

EDIT: Keep in mind that Holiday Ops starts in a month or so, which will allow you to apply discounts on tanks (30% - T10, 40% T8 & 9, and 50% on T6 & 7). So unless you have plenty of other grinds and are wiling to wait for either mentioned lines to become TotT, you can use those christmas discounts

Damn son.  

:)

Jethro_Grey #7 Posted 13 November 2019 - 05:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4539 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN
Thx everyone, much appreciated! 

Also tagged with how?, when?, who?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

pasiw