What you like about WoT?

Fun Gameplay Personal entertainment

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Immensive #21 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:46 AM

Sergeant

• 48017 battles
  • [HOOT] HOOT

I'm up to challenges (Especially long term ones). I just love it to be satisfied for reaching some goal you really worked hard for (gunmarks and campaigns for example). All the memory that kicks in if you reached your own goal, the Adrenaline that slowly goes up and down if you are just 1 - 3 steps away. Unforgettable.

I also love to have rng moments (fullhp ammoracks, jumpkills, pixelshoots, flipping someone etc.) Was from 2013 - 2016 my main motivation/most rewarding feeling for playing this game.

And hanging arround whit people in training rooms. Fungames, some nice conservations or just trying out flybugs and glitches. Puts everytime a smile on my face. Even for joining tr-rooms for 6 years now, it is still the second most enjoyable thing for me in Wot.

Lagalaza #22 Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10681 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

The friendship and support from being in a clan that help you to improve and appreciate committment and effort as much as skill.

The assisance of forumites when I have posted replays and asked for help.

Then those battles where something works:

The blindshot kill.

The uncontrollable giggle when some poor sucker runs right into your line of fire in an OBJ 704 or ISU-152.

Clan platoon of three T44-100 taking apart 3 heavies, 2 mediums, 1 TD  and 2 lights on one flank to carry the battle and finish with 10 kills between us. That tank is an absolute beast on it's own, in a platoon being properly co-ordinated in VC, it's unstoppable in randoms.

Those light bulb moments when you finally figure some aspect of the game mechanics out properly and realise how to implement it.

The T-29 US Heavy hulldown and dishing out damage like a complete monster.

The combination of manouverability, armour and devastating pen on the Heat54.

Playing a tank stock, bottom tier and still putting together a top 5 battle with some telling contributions.

The fun that is the T67.... heeheeheehee

Penning a cupola from 300+ metres when you really should have no chance.

Learning to appreciate the beauty of something done well in the game, by one of your own team or an opponent.

Responding with love to those toxic people out there.

And tanks, just tanks. Great game, despite all the obvious flaws, still a great game.

barison1 #23 Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:17 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 44449 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 14 November 2019 - 07:25 AM, said:

You use gold for an overturned tank?

06:26 Added after 0 minute
edit: :P

shhhh, loaded to AP after that shot as he just flipped. altough should have loaded HE :hiding:

leggasiini #24 Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:09 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17688 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

It has tanks, is probably the most enjoyable tank-based game out there, and although the actual implementation isn't perfect and the game has several flaws, the concept of the game is actually genuinely fantastic. You just jump on a tank and go in a battle with 29 other tanks, AND to make it even better you have an absolutely massive arsenal of different tanks, too. There's something for almost everyone - being a tank fan, it's like being a kid and going to the biggest toy store out there. And the grind system, although also having flaws, is probably well done considering it's probably the thing that made the game pretty addictive for many. 

Also I made bunch of friends from the game and it's community so that's another very cool thing too, and it made me interested in not just tanks but history as whole.

Corsz #25 Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:28 AM

Private

• Player
  • 35014 battles
  • [ACT1V] ACT1V

I love those neck and neck battles. Fight till the last seconds of battle. Even if I fail or lose it's OK, cauce there was a fair, even battle.

For a same reason hate when after first minute score is 15:10 or higher... and ends close to 15:0. 

Axia #26 Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20754 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

Theres alot of different tanks with different playstyles so theres something for everyone. Its easy to pick and play a few battles here and there. WG gives the players alot of stuff like missions to get stuff, discounts on tanks and consumables, events like tank race etc. They're actively trying to bring new stuff to the game like the coming double barrel vehicles, recently added wheeled vehicles and swedish mediums. So theres alot of content in this game and I sometimes out of habits play some games when I dont have anything else to play. 

Chuwt #27 Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 40920 battles

I like games. However, I get put off by games which lack any sort of logical basis, need hours of grinding each day to collect resources just to stay the same, or which you quickly hit a wall unless you wave your credit card. I am too old to enjoy games which are based totally on constant frenetic reactions, and I do not have a good computer, so cannot run that sort of game well enough.

WoT is a game I can play well enough to enjoy with the equipment I have (sorry to those who are unable to understand enjoying a game unless you win almost all the time), and i can progress with effort (even if slower than I could by spending money etc). The company is not perfect, but it is actually better than some game companies at delivering a reasonable product that you can play when you want.

I would like the game to be more accurate, less fantasy tanks, some mechanisms improved etc, but I can live with it as it is.

This may be damming with faint praise, but it is enough to keep me playing.

ArtyMyDear #28 Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 252 battles
arty

Keller #29 Posted 17 November 2019 - 03:25 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 18636 battles

I like the feeling you can be good in a pvp game, without having to have the mad hand-eye coordination required in other shooter and rts games.

I like the fact I have not run into aimbots and other hacks. (Other than the tracer and breaking stuff mods.)

I like my Jagdtiger.

I like I can drive my tank through certain buildings, gun blazing!

Negativvv #30 Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:25 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 13997 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

The challenge of learning to cope with different situations and doing your best to come out on top.

Almost always something to learn every battle, if you choose to go down that path instead of blaming others.

EdvinE20 #31 Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 40341 battles
  • [-AEG-] -AEG-
I like damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users