Japanese Turetted Tank Destroyers?

Japan Japanese Tank Destroyers Turreted Tank Destroyers Japanese Tech Tree Proposal Japanese tech tree

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

oneshotraptor #1 Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:21 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9675 battles
  • [DAST] DAST

We know that Japanese tank destroyers are on the horizon, however, a second Tank destroyer line is possible because of the fact Japan can muster 2 tank destroyer lines, this one would be a Turreted line to mix it up from the line which we will probably get (non turrets).

This porposal was designed by the user Stewy, i am sharing it here.

This line has some problems i admit, that is mainly the fact that tier 9 and 10 are self propelled howitzers (SPH), However they are in this line as there are no suitable tier 10 turreted tank destroyers and the likely hood of a new Artillery line coming to the game is rather slim. Tanks in this proposal:

Tier 2: Type 94 47mm

Tier 3: Ku Se A Design

Tier 4: Ho-I

Tier 5: SNLF Chi Ha

Tier 6: Na To

Tier 7: Ka To

Tier 8: 120mm Naval Gun Chi Ha Prototype

Tier 9: Type 74 SPH

Tier 10: Type 75 SPH

Video i made about the proposal:

Image i made of what it would look like:

https://imgur.com/gallery/hDdHxTq

Edited by oneshotraptor, 14 November 2019 - 12:21 AM.

Inappropriate_noob #2 Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:24 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17513 battles
Well made video,would they be accurate?

Schepel #3 Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:03 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 66446 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 14 November 2019 - 12:24 AM, said:

Well made video,would they be accurate?

To the OP, FYI, there is a typo in the text lines (mountian instead of mountain) and at one point the stats in the text don't match the verbal stats. A general tip: I am much more interested in the tanks themselves than the possible implementation of their guns in game. WG will do whatever with those so it is utterly pointless to spend as much time on that as you do.

Nishi_Kinuyo #4 Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:41 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9319 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Last two are arta, btw.

leggasiini #5 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:56 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17716 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Surely, I'd welcome it, more Japanese tanks is always a plus for me.

However, like I've already said in the past, I don't see the point of proposing a 2nd line just yet (I haven't proposed one either) when it has taken so long from WG to introduce just one line (still not in-game but by the looks of it we are likely finally getting them next year).

Besides, there are couple of issues in this proposed line:

• Ho-I is already in the game, in form of fully upgraded Chi-He. Surely, it would be nice to have it as a separate vehicle, but by in-game standards the Ho-I works better as a medium tank than a TD, even if it was an assault gun/TD IRL. It makes sense to have Ho-I's modules (turret, guns) as upgrade for the Chi-He, there is already a bunch of other tanks that are like that.
  • The tier 5, if implemented, would also likely be a medium tank in-game. With TD classification it would have handicapped HP pool and traverse speed, I really don't think it would compete with 105/122 derp MTs/HTs in tier (even if those guns are broken but still). It's also just a Chi-Ha with a 12 cm derp, so eh.
  • Na-To at tier 6 is hard. I had the Na-To as a tier 6 on my very first proposal and I quickly came to the conclusion that it really would be underpowered there even with appropriate gun upgrades. With historical armament the Na-To would already suffer at tier 5 (the Type 5 7.5 cm it carried was inferior to that of the Type 5 the Chi-Nu has in-game), but at least it did have some proposed upgrades (7.5 cm Type Ge) that would make it viable at that tier.
  • Type 74/75 are arties, though technically it's not a big issue as WG could easily reclassify them as TDs. The Type 74 SPG is a problem, though, considering what kind of gun it carries, it really wouldn't fit in between the Chi-Ha TD and Type 75, unless you somehow uparm it with a 155 mm gun (or something like that). I feel like that if WG really was going to implement another TD line, they would just put in fictional designs similar designs to the Chi-Ha TD at tier 9-10, just with bigger guns (probably with 12.7 and 14 cm guns) and possibly bigger platform (Chi-To or Chi-Ri) if needed.

The tier 2 IIRC is also just a mislabeled Ho-Ru. It comes from a book with a lot of erroneous images and information (the design of the O-I 120t or "O-Ho" also comes from there for example). 

CptBarney #6 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:00 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View Postleggasiini, on 14 November 2019 - 07:56 AM, said:

However, like I've already said in the past, I don't see the point of proposing a 2nd line just yet (I haven't proposed one either) when it has taken so long from WG to introduce just one line (still not in-game but by the looks of it we are likely finally getting them next year).

• Ho-I is already in the game, in form of fully upgraded Chi-He. Surely, it would be nice to have it as a separate vehicle, but by in-game standards the Ho-I works better as a medium tank than a TD, even if it was an assault gun/TD IRL. It makes sense to have Ho-I's modules (turret, guns) as upgrade for the Chi-He, there is already a bunch of other tanks that are like that.
  • The tier 5, if implemented, would also likely be a medium tank in-game. With TD classification it would have handicapped HP pool and traverse speed, I really don't think it would compete with 105/122 derp MTs/HTs in tier (even if those guns are broken but still). It's also just a Chi-Ha with a 12 cm derp, so eh.
  • Na-To at tier 6 is hard. I had the Na-To as a tier 6 on my very first proposal and I quickly came to the conclusion that it really would be underpowered there even with appropriate gun upgrades. With historical armament the Na-To would already suffer at tier 5 (the Type 5 7.5 cm it carried was inferior to that of the Type 5 the Chi-Nu has in-game), but at least it did have some proposed upgrades (7.5 cm Type Ge) that would make it viable at that tier.
  • Type 74/75 are arties, though technically it's not a big issue as WG could easily reclassify them as TDs. The Type 74 SPG is a problem, though, considering what kind of gun it carries, it really wouldn't fit in between the Chi-Ha TD and Type 75, unless you somehow uparm it with a 155 mm gun (or something like that). I feel like that if WG really was going to implement another TD line, they would just put in fictional designs similar designs to the Chi-Ha TD at tier 9-10, just with bigger guns (probably with 12.7 and 14 cm guns) and possibly bigger platform (Chi-To or Chi-Ri) if needed.

The tier 2 IIRC is also just a mislabeled Ho-Ru. It comes from a book with a lot of erroneous images and information (the design of the O-I 120t or "O-Ho" also comes from there for example). 

You can just buff them to whatever level is needed and use whatever tanks are nessecary for balancing them.

undutchable80 #7 Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 12549 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
WoT Blitz is getting a full Jap TD line. https://thearmoredpa...d-japanese-tds/

leggasiini #8 Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17716 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postundutchable80, on 14 November 2019 - 06:02 PM, said:

WoT Blitz is getting a full Jap TD line. https://thearmoredpa...d-japanese-tds/

It is more or less confirmed to happen on PC too, just how and when, we will not know. But considering Blitz won't get them before Summer 2020, there's a plenty of time for them to appear in WoT PC before Blitz (or around the same time).

The point of this thread was proposing another, turreted TD line I suppose, as the TD line they are releasing is very likely going to be casemates.

Miepie #9 Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4761 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postleggasiini, on 14 November 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

the TD line they are releasing is very likely going to be casemates.

As well it should be, otherwise we wouldn't be able to make "kamikasemate" puns. :medal:

undutchable80 #10 Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 12549 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postleggasiini, on 14 November 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

It is more or less confirmed to happen on PC too, just how and when, we will not know. But considering Blitz won't get them before Summer 2020, there's a plenty of time for them to appear in WoT PC before Blitz (or around the same time).

The point of this thread was proposing another, turreted TD line I suppose, as the TD line they are releasing is very likely going to be casemates.

Sorry, read too quickly and didnt realise you guys were discussing a potential second TD line. 

TankkiPoju #11 Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:55 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23999 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 14 November 2019 - 07:41 AM, said:

Last two are arta, btw.

FV4005 is also basically an SPG in real life. In WoT it's a tank destroyer.

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldwar/UK/fv4005-stage-i-ii

Edited by TankkiPoju, 15 November 2019 - 07:56 AM.

fwhaatpiraat #12 Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:02 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 60194 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
What about a tier 8 premium? Was thinking of the one with the turret and big gun: Ho-Ri-Chit.

Nishi_Kinuyo #13 Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:08 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9319 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostTankkiPoju, on 15 November 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

FV4005 is also basically an SPG in real life. In WoT it's a tank destroyer.

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldwar/UK/fv4005-stage-i-ii

Except it says in the article its an anti-tank SPG, ergo a tank destroyer.

The Type 74 and 75 on the other hand literally translate to "high explosive cannon" or artillery.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 15 November 2019 - 07:11 PM.

MeetriX #14 Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24401 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

I want prem version of tier 3 tank. 

Ku Se Tt Aa.

oneshotraptor #15 Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9675 battles
  • [DAST] DAST

View PostSchepel, on 14 November 2019 - 12:03 AM, said:

To the OP, FYI, there is a typo in the text lines (mountian instead of mountain) and at one point the stats in the text don't match the verbal stats. A general tip: I am much more interested in the tanks themselves than the possible implementation of their guns in game. WG will do whatever with those so it is utterly pointless to spend as much time on that as you do.

Whoops, i should watch over my videos alot more than once or twice!
terribly sorry for the messed up text info

oneshotraptor #16 Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9675 battles
  • [DAST] DAST

View Postleggasiini, on 14 November 2019 - 07:56 AM, said:

Mhm yea, i understand where you are coming from, the proposal is one i wanted to share (which is why i made the video) by a friend called Stewy, i personally love turreted tank destroyers so i thought i'd make a video and share it! :)

to answer your points:

• i didnt know that, the Chi-He was one of the tanks i completely skipped while grinding the Japanese tech tree. i feel like you are right, after all if it were stock it would most likely just be a Chi-He. WG could technically split the Chi-He into 2, a TD form and a medium tank form, both with similar stats, but one having the assault gun making it fit more as a TD
  • Very true, it would be hard to make it playable as a medium tank aswell due to the lower health, perhaps a replacement should be found.
  • understandable, im just going through it as a proposal, ive gone through 2 Jap TD proposals, this one did place the Na To higher than the first one i went through, it mainly is there im guessing due to difficulty finding some other Turreted TD's to fill its gap.
  • Yes, it should be fine adding the Arty as a TD, After all it will probs be the only way WG can add an arty into the game without facing some significant backlash from Arty haters. I believe there is a Chi-Ri casemate TD out there somewhere, tho i doubt it had a moveable turret.

Ah interesting i did not know about that.

thank you for your comment on the thread :)

17:10 Added after 4 minute

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 15 November 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

Except it says in the article its an anti-tank SPG, ergo a tank destroyer.

The Type 74 and 75 on the other hand literally translate to "high explosive cannon" or artillery.

Yes, the tier 9 and 10 are Arty.

However, WG has added SPH vehicles into the game under a tank destroyer designation.

Also WG will probs not add any more Arty's to the game, due to player backlash (although its a bit stupid that they plan on adding more wheelies), so technically they could just repurpose the SPG into a tank destroyer, would technically allow them to add an SPG into the game.

shikaka9 #17 Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 72193 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
_tokyo2020 -riggin intensifies

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users