One for the pro's...

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Inappropriate_noob #1 Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:32 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17513 battles

Just had three games in a row, whilst trying to improve in my Lowe, every game a loss, and just about every shot fired at me HEAT or APCR, tried all the tactics I know, hull down side scraping, wiggling like a worm on acid, nothing but nothing seeming to work,I was even trying to be pro like firing AP only.

Please all you pro's, share some secrets as I Literally cannot afford to go full gold spam and am nearly about to punch my monitor out this really is getting me so mad.

Stevies_Team #2 Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:38 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14841 battles

I got one on rental months ago

It's a PoS

I think it depends upon:

Your map

your team

your crew skills bigtime

and a LOT of experience

but its a looong curve

German tankers on a soviet computer system....aaaahhhh

Ringo_Star #3 Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:39 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 62332 battles
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
Don't get shot!!! Try to plan ahead, expose yourself for bare minimum of time and then go back to cover. Try to be aware who is and who could be aiming at you tank. No matter if you are driving 279e or Lowe, armor should be your last resort. I am not  a pro, but I hope this will help.

Edited by Ringo_Star, 14 November 2019 - 12:40 AM.

Inappropriate_noob #4 Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:47 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17513 battles

View PostRingo_Star, on 14 November 2019 - 12:39 AM, said:

Don't get shot!!! Try to plan ahead, expose yourself for bare minimum of time and then go back to cover. Try to be aware who is and who could be aiming at you tank. No matter if you are driving 279e or Lowe, armor should be your last resort. I am not  a pro, but I hope this will help.

Don't get shot,in a tank game,ok I must try that one out, lol

Just had another game wherein fact my own mistake cost me, i was bouncing shots like  boss, from another Lowe no less then I thought I would move to a better area, turns out it wasn't,lesson learnt,stay damn well put:D

Stevies_Team #5 Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14841 battles

Most expensive tonk in the shop too

lol

Warzey #6 Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 60700 battles
  • [GO0FY] GO0FY
If you really want some advice you should post some replays. As it stand you'll only get a general advice on how to play Lowe and those may or may not be useful to you. 

Inappropriate_noob #7 Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:59 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17513 battles

ok one replay

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5090109#serene_coast-noobyskooby-l_we

Pretty piss poor

Edited by NoobySkooby, 14 November 2019 - 03:00 AM.

Inappropriate_noob #8 Posted 14 November 2019 - 03:15 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17513 battles

View PostWarzey, on 14 November 2019 - 01:31 AM, said:

If you really want some advice you should post some replays. As it stand you'll only get a general advice on how to play Lowe and those may or may not be useful to you. 

One more replay,complete with a forumite on the red team

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5090116#el_halluf-noobyskooby-l_we

I simply give up, tank will be sold just as the SkorpG was,getting absolutely nowhere.

Solo or tooned nothing helps.

Dragos_CS #9 Posted 14 November 2019 - 04:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23216 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

I was gonna watch the replays and comment on them until i realized youre from that clan of trashcans that platoons KV5s and actively loses games by blocking and pushing.

If you werent aware of that, find another clan. If you were aware or even took part, then i hope you get the worst RNG this game can give.

Yeah just checked i hope y'all get banned.

Edited by Dragos_CS, 14 November 2019 - 04:18 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #10 Posted 14 November 2019 - 04:43 AM

Bartender

• 18415 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDragos_CS, on 14 November 2019 - 03:13 AM, said:

I was gonna watch the replays and comment on them until i realized youre from that clan of trashcans that platoons KV5s and actively loses games by blocking and pushing.

If you werent aware of that, find another clan. If you were aware or even took part, then i hope you get the worst RNG this game can give.

To be fair, he only joined that recently (3 Days ago). They probably invited him based on his performance, I wonder if Nooby is even aware who they are. :popcorn:

Frostilicus #11 Posted 14 November 2019 - 04:53 AM

Colonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 23698 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

First replay, hell of a lot of missed shots was the first thing I noticed, bad positioning, messing around with the carnaervon while a T29, IS6 and SU122-44 could have farmed you if they weren't brain dead and finally, you traded nearly 1300hp to score 721 damage, for the first couple of minutes it looked like you were doing the right stuff, then you seemed to get bored with that and just went full yolo

Second replay - spamming for help when you are at A1 and your team mates are more advanced is a bit daft, you gave the T44-100 a free shot into your side, then drove down the 1 line and ignored the outcrop of rocks on b1, where the pantera unloaded straight into the back of you.

I'd say you give up your hp far too easily and make bad decisions - youtube would probably help, go for someone who explains why they are making a particular move, Lemmingrush seems to explain stuff but I'm sure others do too :)

Edited by Frostilicus, 14 November 2019 - 05:01 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #12 Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:14 AM

Bartender

• 18415 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostNoobySkooby, on 14 November 2019 - 01:59 AM, said:

Comments for this replay:

-you rarely initially let the gun fully aim. The Lowe has good base accuracy, but a lengthy aiming time and generic softstats. A lot of the shots as well you could afford to aim, but didn't. The most questionable is how at the start, you aim for a shot that would never work, but then later have the side of the Caernarvon's turret and snap without letting it aim at all

-generally, aimed or unaimed, you targeted points of the Caernarvon that you just wouldn't pen. The front of the Caer's turret is 254mm flat and I don't think you really tried enough to hit the cupola (there were a few moments you were targeting above his turret front, but honestly I don't even think you put your cursor over the cupola at all)

-you rush the Caernarvon after failing to pen his turret front (go figure), giving your full side to anyone to your left and frankly, could've been tracked by the Caer climbing over (though hopefully you would have repaired your tracks if this did happen). Your angling here is.. subpar

-final thing worth mentioning is, Lowe's turret is strong FRONTALLY. However, angling it even just slightly tends to expose the side armour in ways where it's quite inadequate. This is how the SU-122-44 Pens you after the Caer fight, but you don't even appear to assess the damage and continue to do this repeatedly, though luckily the SU-122-44 Is not a tank that can really exploit this

In short, you rarely aimed and took shots at stuff you'd actually pen, then basically invited the enemy to shoot you multiple times.

View PostNoobySkooby, on 14 November 2019 - 02:15 AM, said:

One more replay,complete with a forumite on the red team

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5090116#el_halluf-noobyskooby-l_we

I simply give up, tank will be sold just as the SkorpG was,getting absolutely nowhere.

Solo or tooned nothing helps.

And for this one:

-the initial shot on the FV4202. An improvement, given that you aimed it, but you aimed it poorly and hit him in a way that would only track him. Given that his turret was pointed away from you, you should have just went for the turret side if you wanted the damage

-you push to the corner in the very north corner. I don't like this corner at all, but I don't think the play was terrible here if we assume you assessed it was possible to cross given the situation the enemies facing you were in, so I'll for now give you credit. You take the one hit from the T-44, but frankly, this could have been far worse

-nothing is spotted from the corner. That does not immediately mean it is safe. Frankly, it's a good thing nothing was there, while you did go back and forth a lot rather than fully exposing yourself, your upper side was nonetheless exposed and would have been free damage for anyone waiting. You could have angled and sidescraped on the corner when checking which, while time-consuming, is the safer option

-you proceed to push. Personally, this is an absolute no, atleast for a slow tank like the Lowe. Nothing at all is watching the corner besides yourself, which just invites the Pantera to come and clip you. You then aim well passed the Pantera, to me assuming wrongly that he would move forward even more, which I don't know why you'd think that given his clip situation and that he has no other support with him. This causes you to fluke the return shot, and he gets away unharmed

-I guess the Pantera pissed you off or something because you decide to chase him. At this moment you're not actually aware where tanks like the enemy Heavies are, anything could have moved up to this since they were last spotted over a minute ago, yet you press on undeterred. Again, this should have invited another flanking shot from your side, but luckily this was not the case, for now. Nonetheless, you pushed too early as none of the guys over to your left were actually pushing down yet, inviting the T-44-100 To turn and engage you. Arguably this opened up the way for your guys to push, but frankly they could have and probably would have pushed down regardless

-your initial aim is too far down at the Pantera's tracks, all you would do if that was an aimed shot would be to track him. You adjust more into his hull but snap without letting your reticle actually move, also again without aiming, and luckily for the Pantera you actually hit exactly where you initially aimed and just track him. Ok, this has been a colossal ****-up, but you still have 359hp, vs. the Pantera who you should kill anyway and the T-44-100, who can't oneshot you and hopefully the IS-3A Will scare off. We can't really tell what the T-44-100 Would have done if you did this, but nonetheless I think you should have just pushed into them rather than retreating. This opens you to any sideshots from people who, mentioned earlier, had moved around in the back to get shots down this way; which is exactly what the Skorpion who ends up killing you

In short, you were far too aggressive and again, poorly returned fire at the enemy. 

Frankly, there is no fault to the tank in either game. It is, as expected, just poor play on your part that sees you getting punished as a result.

Inappropriate_noob #13 Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:09 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17513 battles

View PostDragos_CS, on 14 November 2019 - 04:13 AM, said:

No I was not aware of anything like this, but then top clans would not have me anyway,l had an interrogation form my old clan to why left, for a game this is becoming way too serious

05:11 Added after 1 minute
Time to call it quits I think

Mr_Bator #14 Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:59 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1627 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostDragos_CS, on 14 November 2019 - 03:13 AM, said:

Wow, just how low can you go? You clearly have no clue how hard we are working on building and improving our clan. A clan that is all about having fun, positivity and not caring about stats. You might not have the time for those things, since you are busy playing the OP Chieftain with a full-gold loadout because 'muh stats', right? Btw, you probably know the ea$iest way for me to get a Chieftain or OPject 907, don't ya? ;)

Why don't you join a platoon of [-UM] for once and see how the game can also be played, for enjoy?

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 14 November 2019 - 03:43 AM, said:

To be fair, he only joined that recently (3 Days ago). They probably invited him based on his performance, I wonder if Nooby is even aware who they are. :popcorn:

I don't know where this is coming from, but I do know we couldn't care less about stats or anything like that. Everybody is welcome to join our clan, we exclude no one. We already have a really diverse group of optimistic and nice players, that have a family (the birth of a grandchild is something you will never forget :child: ) or (physical) difficulties in life. There is more in life than just games, but some appear to overlook such things.

Edited by Mr_Bator, 14 November 2019 - 08:00 AM.

Mimos_A #15 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:10 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29227 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View PostMr_Bator, on 14 November 2019 - 07:59 AM, said:

Wow, just how low can you go? You clearly have no clue how hard we are working on building and improving our clan. A clan that is all about having fun, positivity and not caring about stats. You might not have the time for those things, since you are busy playing the OP Chieftain with a full-gold loadout because 'muh stats', right? Btw, you probably know the ea$iest way for me to get a Chieftain or OPject 907, don't ya? ;)

Why don't you join a platoon of [-UM] for once and see how the game can also be played, for enjoy?

I don't know where this is coming from, but I do know we couldn't care less about stats or anything like that. Everybody is welcome to join our clan, we exclude no one. We already have a really diverse group of optimistic and nice players, that have a family (the birth of a grandchild is something you will never forget :child: ) or (physical) difficulties in life. There is more in life than just games, but some appear to overlook such things.

Nobody mentioned stats... Maybe actually read what he said?

Mr_Bator #16 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:12 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1627 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostMimos_A, on 14 November 2019 - 07:10 AM, said:

Nobody mentioned stats... Maybe actually read what he said?

Please, don't make up things now.

Block Quote

They probably invited him based on his performance

Mimos_A #17 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:20 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29227 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View PostMr_Bator, on 14 November 2019 - 08:12 AM, said:

Please, don't make up things now.

Performance = stats? Really? Nooby has posted replays here before. And that changes nothing about the original post being about people platooning up and pushing and blocking. Maybe react to that instead of a single jab at a forum member who, by his own repeated admittance, makes tons of mistakes and goofs. But hey, I'm happy you don't care about stats and want everyone to know.

Mr_Bator #18 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:24 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1627 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostMimos_A, on 14 November 2019 - 07:20 AM, said:

Performance = stats? Really? Nooby has posted replays here before. And that changes nothing about the original post being about people platooning up and pushing and blocking. Maybe react to that instead of a single jab at a forum member who, by his own repeated admittance, makes tons of mistakes and goofs. But hey, I'm happy you don't care about stats and want everyone to know.

You forgot to put on your glasses, I assume. I only replied after user Dragos_CS starting insulting my clan mates:

Block Quote

clan of trashcans

Block Quote

Maybe you should take some more time to read the thread properly.

Mimos_A #19 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:29 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29227 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View PostMr_Bator, on 14 November 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

You forgot to put on your glasses, I assume. I only replied after user Dragos_CS starting insulting my clan mates:

Maybe you should take some more time to read the thread properly.

Yes, for behaving badly in game. The wording isn't very friendly, but neither is platooning up and pushing people, is it? I get that you want to defend your clan and all that, but if you'd actually want to help your clan you'd look into these allegations instead of being pissed because someone used not so friendly words to point it out.

Cobra6 #20 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:48 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16531 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Well, premium ammo is and has been an issue in WoT ever since it became available for credits. You simply can not balance armor properly for two vastly different penetration numbers.

- Either it becomes tricky to pen for the lowest number (standard ammo) and instant penetration for the highest number (premium ammo).

*OR*

- It becomes impossible to pen with the lowest number (standard ammo) and tricky for the highest number (premium ammo).

This is basic math. You can debate about it until the cows come home but it's simply not possible to balance.

Either, premium ammo needs to go completely and all armor rebalanced for standard ammo *OR* premium ammo needs to become as cheap as standard ammo.

Until either of the two happens, WoT will never be balanced but after all these years, it's quite obvious that is exactly how Wargaming wants it to be.

Cobra 6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users