Are they doing it wrong: Win Rate

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

UserZer00 #1 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13268 battles

For serious discussion: Not a gripe

Did they get it wrong by calculating the win rate for random battles, but not for team battles, clan wars and other, more structured, modes where you have more control over the teams?

I get that it's just another statistic, that can be influenced by your gameplay, platoons, etc. But there is still the random factors of at least 12 other players, MM tank composition algorythms, etc.

I guess what I'm getting at is, shouldn't there be more to the win rate?

- overall = all combined game modes

- random (as it is now)

- one for each individual game mode (maybe even one for test server)

This is just a rough concept for discussion, not a fully thought out proposition

Frostilicus #2 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:54 AM

Colonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 23702 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

Why would you want a win rate for test server?

Personally. I feel that you have illustrated very well why winrate alone is a fairly useless statistic, maybe they should implement that weird guy's norse rating :)

shikaka9 #3 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 72193 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
Dont forget that your winrate of 2013 is much important as 2019 :trollface:

Tealo #4 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43132 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

If it’s just for the individual player use of their own account, then there isn’t any kind of problem with that well I don’t have a problem with that, I don’t know about any one else.

I include the ability to show those stats to friends/clan or a potential clan.

Just maybe not in a match.

Of course I’m being a hypocrite as I use xvm myself as I like to see the ebb and flow of the MM when a new prem tank is introduced and of course those nice x5 weekends.

Edited by Tealo, 14 November 2019 - 09:11 AM.

UserZer00 #5 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13268 battles

View PostTealo, on 14 November 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

If it’s just for the individual player use of their own account, then there isn’t any kind of problem with that well I don’t have a problem with that, I don’t know about any one else.

I include the ability to show those stats to friends/clan or a potential clan.

Just maybe not in a match.

Of course I’m being a hypocrite as I use xvm myself as I like to see the ebb and flow of the MM when a new prem tank is introduced and of course those nice x5 weekends.

The idea is for the individual players, but of course it will still be used as e-peen by some. That can't be helped really.

I think that keeping the info, and all stats, outside of the actual matches would be ideal. It would cut down on (but not eliminate) the toxicity at the start of the matches around MM, etc.

The concept is to give an overall vision of WR.

For me, since I only play other game modes rarely, the WR is actually pretty representative.  For others, Im sure this isnt the case 

Synapze #6 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3091 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostTealo, on 14 November 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

I am too worried about using mods on my computer because of viruses. How useful is XVM really? I see you play a lot of your games at low tiers where there are many new players. How useful is XVM for a player with 43132 battles at these low tiers?

Mimos_A #7 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:45 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29227 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View PostSynapze, on 14 November 2019 - 09:43 AM, said:

I am too worried about using mods on my computer because of viruses. How useful is XVM really? I see you play a lot of your games at low tiers where there are many new players. How useful is XVM for a player with 43132 battles at these low tiers?

It used to have some useful features that weren't in the base game, like the viewrange circles and last spotted positions on the minimap. Other than that, it was sort of useful as a new-ish player to see who the better players on the team were and learn from what they were doing. Beyond that, having the stats in game is pointless.

Edited by Mimos_A, 14 November 2019 - 09:46 AM.

UserZer00 #8 Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13268 battles

View PostMimos_A, on 14 November 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

It used to have some useful features that weren't in the base game, like the viewrange circles and last spotted positions on the minimap. Other than that, it was sort of useful as a new-ish player to see who the better players on the team were and learn from what they were doing. Beyond that, having the stats in game is pointless.

Unfortunately XVM is a good idea, if used correctly, but as for many things, is often used for the wrong reasons

- focus on good players

- complaining about team composition

- verbal attack on players

- focus on stats over team play

- etc

Jauhesammutin #9 Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23669 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View PostUserZer00, on 14 November 2019 - 07:44 AM, said:

For serious discussion: Not a gripe

Did they get it wrong by calculating the win rate for random battles, but not for team battles, clan wars and other, more structured, modes where you have more control over the teams?

I get that it's just another statistic, that can be influenced by your gameplay, platoons, etc. But there is still the random factors of at least 12 other players, MM tank composition algorythms, etc.

I guess what I'm getting at is, shouldn't there be more to the win rate?

- overall = all combined game modes

- random (as it is now)

- one for each individual game mode (maybe even one for test server)

This is just a rough concept for discussion, not a fully thought out proposition

I guess you haven't checked the actual statistics, where it quite clearly say "winrate for x gamemode"

Tealo #10 Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43132 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View PostSynapze, on 14 November 2019 - 08:43 AM, said:

oh I take you are referring to the over 4000 battles in the likes of the H35 that was years ago in the old days when a lot of very good players (such as the old EUP, Filo,1SBP clans)used to play low tiers at night after the kids went to bed, on the likes of old Pok and Prov maps, very vision meta kinda of like chess for the control and countering certain bushes..

if you look at my recent 1000 battles most of the games are tier8 with a few low tiers on tech tree as I haven’t unlocked them and I refuse to free Xp them to skip them. But can only stomach a few games a week in very low tiers grinding the tech tree And still stuck there!

It’s not like the old days ie the players were a lot better back then especially at night. When I could play all night at those low tiers and was the best part of the game as the opponents were very good players so was highly enjoyable. Ie A lot of fun!

Well the advantages back to your other question of xvm even at low tiers is identifying the stat padders in say PzI C ie with the team list of the types of tanks in the teams and deciding on say in Mines in a match?

that going for the hill is a really bad idea as that’s where the stat padders are probably going to go and better going some place else on the map and sniping them from a choice of 3 different locations depending on which side of the map you spawn on.

ps thank you Jauhesammutin I wasn’t aware of the new stats function eithier

Edited by Tealo, 14 November 2019 - 10:58 AM.

TomatoShooter #11 Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:16 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1116 battles
In a service record you can see the different winrates for the different modes and even the vehicles used in those mode. just like you propose. The random winrate is just what WG is diplaying on the profile since random is what every one play(ed) the other modes you dont have to play. 

SaintMaddenus #12 Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:42 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38874 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I never noticed that either, I've recently only been looking at my stats to see if I can 3 stripe My vk3001 H

UserZer00 #13 Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13268 battles

View PostJauhesammutin, on 14 November 2019 - 10:36 AM, said:

I guess you haven't checked the actual statistics, where it quite clearly say "winrate for x gamemode"

You're absolutely correct, didn't even know it existed as I am usually stuck in the garage.

I'll have to check and see if the statistics for the other game modes are there as well or not.

It seems (to be checked when in front of the PC) that only an overall win rate is missing.

I would think this would be the more logical "default value" displayed in the garage.

TomatoShooter #14 Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1116 battles

View PostUserZer00, on 14 November 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

You're absolutely correct, didn't even know it existed as I am usually stuck in the garage.

I'll have to check and see if the statistics for the other game modes are there as well or not.

It seems (to be checked when in front of the PC) that only an overall win rate is missing.

I would think this would be the more logical "default value" displayed in the garage.

They are, go to the "Service Record" in the game and on the right top corner you can change the mode you want to see.

Overall winrate is meaningless because winrates in team related battles are strongly related to the team performance and not the individual skill.

Edited by TomatoShooter, 14 November 2019 - 01:15 PM.

Neodymium9 #15 Posted 14 November 2019 - 03:44 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20006 battles
Wr in wot is random,if the mm wants you to lose you will lose no matter how hard you try to carry,if it wants you to win,you will win even if you don't do anything,it's that simple

Edited by Neodymium9, 14 November 2019 - 03:44 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #16 Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34515 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostNeodymium9, on 14 November 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

Wr in wot is random,if the mm wants you to lose you will lose no matter how hard you try to carry,if it wants you to win,you will win even if you don't do anything,it's that simple

If the WR was random good players would not be able to get high WR, you're that simple

Neodymium9 #17 Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20006 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 14 November 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

If the WR was random good players would not be able to get high WR, you're that simple

The ''good'' aka big spending/streamers players are set on the win random equation more often,it's that simple.

jabster #18 Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12771 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostNeodymium9, on 14 November 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

The ''good'' aka big spending/streamers players are set on the win random equation more often,it's that simple.

That's weird as there's at least two big spenders on this forum who have pretty awful win-rates. So how does that work with your claim then?

fwhaatpiraat #19 Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:26 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 60194 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postjabster, on 14 November 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

That's weird as there's at least two big spenders on this forum who have pretty awful win-rates. So how does that work with your claim then?

Indeed, I also seem to get quite a high winrate, yet play without premium account most of the time and am critical to WG and the game.

Mimos_A #20 Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29227 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View Postjabster, on 14 November 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

Don't worry, the feels have this one covered.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users