maybe moving threads are more appropriate than locking.

not a moderation discussion..

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

SaintMaddenus #1 Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38854 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
not pointing any one particular discussion, we don't talk about fight club after all  but there was one very mild but amusing thread got locked when it could have been moved  It was closed for being non productive but actually it was good natured and friendly, Personally I think on this board that is actually Productive to see people from various clans chatting in a friendly fashion.  However...  Not my choice,  But may I remind mods that closing a thread isn't the only option.   it could have been moved to off topic where I sometimes end up finding my threads.    It was "off topic" rather than non-productive. 

jack_timber #2 Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41287 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Hear hear, as the upper class would say. Strange this class 'thing' as I have moved from working class to spending the kids inheritance class:)

jabster #3 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12761 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 15 November 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

not pointing any one particular discussion, we don't talk about fight club after all  but there was one very mild but amusing thread got locked when it could have been moved  It was closed for being non productive but actually it was good natured and friendly, Personally I think on this board that is actually Productive to see people from various clans chatting in a friendly fashion.  However...  Not my choice,  But may I remind mods that closing a thread isn't the only option.   it could have been moved to off topic where I sometimes end up finding my threads.    It was "off topic" rather than non-productive. 

I think that’s it’s a hard balance to get right as to when an OT thread should just be closed or moved. If the forum was self-policing the moderation can be a bit more light touch in these areas. Unfortunately I don’t feel that is this forum. How is a mod. going to decide which threads to let slide and which ones not, how many posters are just going to take advantage to post any old thing knowing there is no sanction.

To take a comparison, there was several years a YT’er who used to posts links in the Gameplay section for the purposes of self promotion. If it’s ok for them to do it why not anyone else?

unhappy_bunny #4 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:10 PM

Colonel

• 20193 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Postjack_timber, on 15 November 2019 - 11:45 AM, said:

Hear hear, as the upper class would say. Strange this class 'thing' as I have moved from working class to spending the kids inheritance class:)

Well said. Let the brats make their own way in life. Do them good. Build their character and all that.

I worked hard for my kids inheritance and I am not going to waste it on them.

jack_timber #5 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41287 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 15 November 2019 - 12:10 PM, said:

Well said. Let the brats make their own way in life. Do them good. Build their character and all that.

I worked hard for my kids inheritance and I am not going to waste it on them.

Had a cousin who said to his parents, about 30 years ago. All this will be mine, meaning house etc, when you are gone....

Any chance of having it now?

Still makes me chuckle when I remember it.

__Eric__ #6 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35660 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
This thread will be moved to Off topic :trollface:

jabster #7 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12761 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postjack_timber, on 15 November 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

Had a cousin who said to his parents, about 30 years ago. All this will be mine, meaning house etc, when you are gone....

Any chance of having it now?

Still makes me chuckle when I remember it.

Let’s not give the mods a reason to close the thread surely?

Edited by jabster, 15 November 2019 - 01:28 PM.

Homer_J #8 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:44 PM

Field Marshal

• 32930 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 15 November 2019 - 12:38 PM, said:

I am hoping this is one area the community/volunteer mods will be able to make an improvement.

I don't see an issue with off topic or even non-topic threads as long as they stay friendly, and we do have an off topic section.

mpf1959 #9 Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30054 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

maybe moving threads are more appropriate than locking.

Agree! 

Spurtung #10 Posted 16 November 2019 - 02:15 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 75056 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
inb4 "don't discuss moderation"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users