Will WG do anything positive related to the general gameplay anytime soon?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Murro_the_One #1 Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37282 battles

I usually dont visit this place because its just nest of elitism but im starting to lose faith in the WG ability to do something good in long term.

With all their changes they just damage the overall gameplay.

Have been sick this week so i had chance to play a game  a bit but i dont see anything positive compared to the game in 1 or 2 years ago.

Steamroll matches 15-0 or similar

No change to good, just added wheeled fairytanks which make it even worse. whole teams now need one useful moron in wheeled tank to charge first and spot and what a surprise, they are rewarded for this trollish playing, they just dont die as they completely ignore laws of physics

there is still 15 tanks per side-i told it couple years ago that it needs to go down because the more tank there is, the higher chance on some of the flanks there will be inbalance and its just matter of time when the roll starts

Arty topic is completly put in the background by wheeled "skilled" gamplay - so i can say GJ WG, u solved the problem with arty by creating even bigger one

Goldspam and p2w in general is still the same, skillzors shooting gold left and right, bashing others with their mommy wallets

I have seen some skins in premium shop, that should be the way in any other serious game. here unfortunately got big part of player base addicted to the pay2win aspect and these people would just go away if they got just skins for their mommy's money

so tell me, is there something to look for and wait with expectations? i lost track of what happening in the game and dont read any official announcements because wg is just band of clueless ***** and the stuff they officially announce doesn't reflect reality...

adameitas #2 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 69873 battles
Not a chance. First they gonna balance ammo. That should take 3-5 years.. on more serious note i wouldnt expect much from WG. Recent their moves showed that their focus is somewhere else. Real changes gonna come when online players numbers or income will reach red line. Sad but thats true.

FrantisekBascovansky #3 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32971 battles

Ch1valry #4 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:12 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40670 battles
  • [TKNZ] TKNZ

A reduction of payments to WG would be the only hope for a solution here. And if they at some point decide to pull the plug due to lack of profitability, then who would care? The game is in a horrible state anyway.

Just stop paying WG. At least we can say we tried to make the game better.

Warzey #5 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 60682 battles
  • [GO0FY] GO0FY

You have enough premium tanks which means you can easily grind credits so there's no need to spend money on premium account or new shiny premium tanks. With that out of the way play the game if you enjoy it, if you don't move on to something else. 

As far as your complaints go, some people will agree, some won't, it's up for discussion. You think that WVs are bad, I think they're a good addition, some people really like arty, I hate it, etc.

I think WG could earn a lot more money selling unique tank skins than introducing a new premium tank every month but that's just me.

Edited by Warzey, 15 November 2019 - 01:31 PM.

Murro_the_One #6 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37282 battles

View PostWarzey, on 15 November 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

You have enough premium tanks which means you can easily grind credits so there's no need to spend money on premium account or new shiny premium tanks. With that out of the way play the game if you enjoy it, if you don't move on to something else. 

As far as your complaints go, some people will agree, some won't, it's up for discussion. You think that WVs are bad, I think they're a good addition, some people really like arty, I hate it, etc.

I think WG could earn a lot more money selling unique tank skins than introducing a new premium tank every month but that's just me.

its not about spending money, it expectation that company like WG could set the process of gathering user feedback and having analysts to analyze the main issues deeply also taking in consideration their financial health but i dont see anything here.

I work in it mgmgt and deal with user feedback and system/process design on daily basis that why i say, they are just nubs when they do just what they do and nothing else

Homer_J #7 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:45 PM

Field Marshal

• 32930 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMurro_the_One, on 15 November 2019 - 12:58 PM, said:

I usually dont visit this place because its just nest of elitism

I think you are confused with the Wotlabs forum.

Is that hive of elitist back slapping still alive?

GodTank2 #8 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8459 battles
  • [RF_] RF_

Warzey #9 Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 60682 battles
  • [GO0FY] GO0FY

View PostMurro_the_One, on 15 November 2019 - 12:38 PM, said:

its not about spending money, it expectation that company like WG could set the process of gathering user feedback and having analysts to analyze the main issues deeply also taking in consideration their financial health but i dont see anything here.

I work in it mgmgt and deal with user feedback and system/process design on daily basis that why i say, they are just nubs when they do just what they do and nothing else

I'm sure WG is gathering user feedback, it just takes them ages to do anything. I kind of understand them wanting to hold off on changes until ammo rebalance, but they're really taking their sweet time. 

Rati_Festa #10 Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 49878 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I usually dont visit this place because its just nest of elitism but im starting to lose faith in the WG ability to do something good in long term.

How to win friends and influence people... >>>>

The 15 - 0 thing has always happened, it may appear to happen faster now due to the average tanks speed took a +10 kph leap with the intro of wheelies, they just allow yolo noobs to die faster. You are adding to the 15-0 with your 55% wr, play worse and you'll become more average this will then assist in a minute amount to reducing the  15 - 0 as you won't win as much.

The whole  "goldspam" argument is a pointless one as you can fund gold spam by prem tanks, which WG have offered to no paying customers. Someone in a Progetto they purchased or they won still earns the same credits.... but one didn't spend any actual cash. The main contributing factor for spamming gold will be a prem account imo, the number one reason I have always had a prem account is I don't constantly have to worry about credits. One of the reasons I go to work is that I always have food as I don't like being hungry.... people pay for things to satisfy a need that is human nature. WG wouldn't have the money to pay staff, own servers, develop the game without all those so called "mummys wallets". The game wouldn't "exist" without the so called gold spam.... 

WG plans to tinker with the ammunition types is fraught with issues as if gold is reduced in potency, then the desire to use it will reduce and then the revenue will be reduced. Will I for instance be as eager to buy a prem account if the gold ammo is "weaker".  

AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE #11 Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4049 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

I usually dont visit this place because its just nest of elitism

get gud .

Murro_the_One #12 Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37282 battles

View PostAXIS_OF_RESISTANCE, on 15 November 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

get gud .

yeah :)

now im waiting just for Tajj to join and add something "wise" :)

13:31 Added after 9 minute

View PostRati_Festa, on 15 November 2019 - 02:10 PM, said:

WG wouldn't have the money to pay staff, own servers, develop the game without all those so called "mummys wallets".

The game wouldn't "exist" without the so called gold spam....

The game is perfecly able to be balanced without using gold ammo, you just need to know what to do AND there are game with compltely cosmetic microtransactions powering the games which are bigger than WoT, its not necessity to pay2win to fund the game. unfortunately it was set this way and now its hard to do the withdrawal...

but lets not limit it just to p2w, its just part of the problem. this group of so called developers is introducing change after change and i dont see anything positive comming....

Jumping_Turtle #13 Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 70774 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
Can not even remember what the last thing was that improved the gameplay without making money for them.

tajj7 #14 Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28447 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostMurro_the_One, on 15 November 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

yeah :)

now im waiting just for Tajj to join and add something "wise" :)

Nah 'git gud' covers it all, nothing more needs to be added, 15-0s? rare and if you are good you can avoid the majority of them and even cause them yourself.

Premium ammo? Clear git gud issue

WVs, the same learn to play against them.

It's a universal truth. 

Basically your thread should be re-titled 'will WG do anything to tailor the game to my specific skill level and spending level'. 

Edited by tajj7, 15 November 2019 - 03:06 PM.

3W1T4NK_ll_KN4T1W3 #15 Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32432 battles
  • [DE-VI] DE-VI
i stopped believing in wg when i first played after 1.0 released

Murro_the_One #16 Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37282 battles

View Post3W1T4NK_ll_KN4T1W3, on 15 November 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

i stopped believing in wg when i first played after 1.0 released

and this is not true

the whole rework of tanks and maps to HD was pain in the butt work without bringing too much credit but they had to do it, in that, they did something for game without having too much credit for it.

not like when they release new cool premium tank which is more obvious cash-grab for very little work (compared to the 1.0 update scope)

3W1T4NK_ll_KN4T1W3 #17 Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32432 battles
  • [DE-VI] DE-VI
they threw years of mapdevelopment into the trash can for fancy graphics. they still didnt fix the maps they ruined and i should be thankfull fot graphics i dont even use? 

GodTank2 #18 Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8459 battles
  • [RF_] RF_

View Post3W1T4NK_ll_KN4T1W3, on 15 November 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

they threw years of mapdevelopment into the trash can for fancy graphics. they still didnt fix the maps they ruined and i should be thankfull fot graphics i dont even use? 

Just because you dont use them doesnt mean others dont either.

3W1T4NK_ll_KN4T1W3 #19 Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32432 battles
  • [DE-VI] DE-VI
ofc i can only speak for myself u smartass

tajj7 #20 Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28447 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostGodTank2, on 15 November 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

Just because you dont use them doesnt mean others dont either.

He's still right though, the 1.0 map changes made the maps worse, more unbalanced, bushes completely OP, literred maps with OP base camping spots and overall IMO made the gameplay worse. 

I'd rather have better balanced maps that don't reward campers, rather than maps that look pretty. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users