Wheeled Vehicles need a substantial nerf

wheeled vehicles

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Alfa_Tau #1 Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:40 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12872 battles

I know this is going to be controversial but for one time instead of talking about russian bias I want to address the wheeled vehicles ;

This class maybe fun to play like all other liight tanks, however IMO they have too much advantage over the other light tanks. 

Speed could be ok but when it's combined with the "star trek" laser accuracy of the gun and the fact that almost every AP hit result in tire damage (wich do not even immobilize the tank) it is immediately clear they are too strong compared to all other light tanks..

My suggestion is to leave the speed as it is but reduce or even erase the autoaim modality wich require ZERO skill and givce and absurd advantage over all Others, and increase the chance that an hit on the tires force the vehicle to stop and use repair kit to move again.

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:47 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13147 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Imo they bounce too much, rest is fine.
06:55 Added after 7 minute

Also this 

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/726752-question-which-tank-was-i-driving/

Alfa_Tau #3 Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:58 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12872 battles

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 16 November 2019 - 07:47 AM, said:

Don't you think the autoaim is way too good and easy? 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:04 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34502 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
WV are fine. They only have an advantage over other lights that try to fight them on equal terms, so don't. Their guns are subject to the exact same dispersion mechanics every other tank. If you're AP rounds aren't doing damage then you missed, aim better. The autoaim works exactly the same as for every other tank, the only difference is a little more latitude with the lock on. 

BR33K1_PAWAH #5 Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7664 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Spoiler

barison1 #6 Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:27 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 44531 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostAlfa_Tau, on 16 November 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:

their autoaim is exact same as normal LT, only has tiny bit higher spread to lock on. makes absolute 0 difference

Spurtung #7 Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:34 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 75074 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostAlfa_Tau, on 16 November 2019 - 06:40 AM, said:

I know this is going to be controversial

Controversial? No. I'd go with "boring", "a repost" or "a sign that the weekend's here again".

Fizzymagic #8 Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:35 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 49777 battles
  • [-O-H-] -O-H-

My problem is actually hitting them but thats just me. You can love them or hate, im more hate, but surely these vehicles need a few advantages over tanks in speed, aiming etc. It is frustrating when your Conway hits one and all that happens is a wheel starts to wobble but generally i think people forget that wheelies usually just explode after a few hits. I cant see a serious nerf soon as this defeats the object and would take away their only real advantage.

I think wheelies are here to stay in their current form for quite a while so its a case of finding out what works best for you against them. It has almost got to the same point as arty hate with plenty of "remove wheely" posts. People must be deluded if they think wheels and arty are going anywhere. Despite not liking the wheels i do like the fact that WOT add new lines and different types of vehicle. Wheels were not for me but the next add might be. The forum sometimes gives the impression that players are begrudgingly starting up WOT to be pissed off at lack of balance, vehicle types etc but they still sit behind it and play regularly. If a relaxing past time made me feel like that i would just find something else and move on.

Just an opinion and i might add from someone who doesn't spend much real money on this game. I understand you may have a different opinion if you do spend lots real money on the game but then if it makes you that unhappy why spend so much?

:popcorn: 

Edited by Fizzymagic, 16 November 2019 - 08:36 AM.

gunslingerXXX #9 Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:39 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13147 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostAlfa_Tau, on 16 November 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:

Not really, at those speeds you kind of need that ectra lock on feature. 

Shell speed could be lowered a bit to make it more difficult to hit on the move. 

Ceeb #10 Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 33264 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 16 November 2019 - 06:47 AM, said:

06:55 Added after 7 minute

Also this 

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/726752-question-which-tank-was-i-driving/

The rest isn't fine, give them the same physics as the rest of the tanks 

Scanmen #11 Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:24 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25614 battles
  • [WNB] WNB

View PostAlfa_Tau, on 16 November 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

I know this is going to be controversial but for one time instead of talking about russian bias I want to address the wheeled vehicles ;

This class maybe fun to play like all other liight tanks, however IMO they have too much advantage over the other light tanks. 

Speed could be ok but when it's combined with the "star trek" laser accuracy of the gun and the fact that almost every AP hit result in tire damage (wich do not even immobilize the tank) it is immediately clear they are too strong compared to all other light tanks..

My suggestion is to leave the speed as it is but reduce or even erase the autoaim modality wich require ZERO skill and givce and absurd advantage over all Others, and increase the chance that an hit on the tires force the vehicle to stop and use repair kit to move again.

Irony on

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you.

I think WV is too easy to roll over and that's not good. They should be much more stable.
Their speed, armor, and view range are terrible, and all of them should be increased significantly.

WV also need 6 rockets (hit and destroy type), three of which are used to auto-target three enemies. This ensures that with two rounds you have TopGun for sure.

Upssss, I almost forgot the camo. The basic value without any equipment must be 70%.

Well, that might be enough at first, but you have to keep on eye, just in case they need an additional buff.

Irony off

I agree with you.

Edited by Scanmen, 16 November 2019 - 09:27 AM.

ZDN #12 Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:24 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26621 battles
  • [ONIX] ONIX

That is cursed, this is cursed, all is cursed!

You people just ask for nerfs, it that the solution? NO IT IS NOT! IT IS YOU THAT needs to Learn to play the game,only low skilled players say nerf all the tanks.Just watch the good streamers play and you can learn how to play.

Plus the ebr auto aim is good only if you point to tanks in front of you,if you try to hit on the move on the sides your shell it will miss the enemy.

PS:Ebr has no armor,it has only 1300 hp in tier 10,the view range is soo bad that it is a joke.

Only good players can play the ebr corect! How to pasive spot and in the right moment to go active,when to shoot and not to do it,how to drive the 95 km/h on the maps and not to turn your ebr or get stuck.Plus the 11-10 second reload time is huge,and again the pen is not great.

Edited by ZDN, 16 November 2019 - 09:32 AM.

Scanmen #13 Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:36 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25614 battles
  • [WNB] WNB

View PostZDN, on 16 November 2019 - 09:24 AM, said:

That is cursed, this is cursed, all is cursed!

You people just ask for nerfs, it that the solution? NO IT IS NOT! IT IS YOU THAT needs to Learn to play the game,only low skilled players say nerf all the tanks.Just watch the good streamers play and you can learn how to play.

Plus the ebr auto aim is good only if you point to tanks in front of you,if you try to hit on the move on the sides your shell it will miss the enemy.

PS:Ebr has no armor,it has only 1300 hp in tier 10,the view range is soo bad that it is a joke.

Only good players can play the ebr corect! How to pasive spot and in the right moment to go active,when to shoot and not to do it,how to drive the 95 km/h on the maps and not to turn your ebr or get stuck.Plus the 11-10 second reload time is huge,and again the pen is not great.

The solution to all game-related balance issues is "learn to play". Because the game is perfect. :trollface:  

Didn't you think too much?

Edited by Scanmen, 16 November 2019 - 09:37 AM.

I_Gutmensch_Deluxe_I #14 Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:43 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18666 battles
  • [NASO] NASO
Remove Wheelchairs.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #15 Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:44 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34502 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostScanmen, on 16 November 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

The solution to all game-related balance issues is "learn to play". Because the game is perfect. :trollface:  

Didn't you think too much?

The solution to all bad players problems is to change the game to "make the hard stuff go away". Because how dare they be expected to learn and improve themselves.:trollface:

Didn't you think at all? 

Scanmen #16 Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:51 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25614 battles
  • [WNB] WNB

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 16 November 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

The solution to all bad players problems is to change the game to "make the hard stuff go away". Because how dare they be expected to learn and improve themselves.:trollface:

Didn't you think at all? 

Again, just for you:  game-related balance issues 
You may not have heard of this issue yet...

Edited by Scanmen, 16 November 2019 - 09:54 AM.

barison1 #17 Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:51 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 44531 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 16 November 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

Didn't you think at all? 

sadly wg is dumbing the game down, throwing good/powerful tanks at them, giving them bunch free stuff as newbies and more and more bonusses compared to early wot era. yet people complain more and think less, plain blame their tools and not own incompetence, unwilling to improve by just looking into basic game mechanics and all. but as you said "ree make the hurty stuff go away" which is basically half the forums rn

splash_time #18 Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13526 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Dear @OP, there's an old Chinese proverb that say, chi ro sho yo ta ni o hi na soi! Idk what it means exactly. 

But I know that if you can't beat'm, join them. :)

clixor #19 Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:08 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 55048 battles

View Postbarison1, on 16 November 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:

sadly wg is dumbing the game down, throwing good/powerful tanks at them, giving them bunch free stuff as newbies and more and more bonusses compared to early wot era. yet people complain more and think less, plain blame their tools and not own incompetence, unwilling to improve by just looking into basic game mechanics and all. but as you said "ree make the hurty stuff go away" which is basically half the forums rn

I don't agree, for one thing, playing a WV is pretty hard, you need to know the maps, and every little bump. Then you need to have good timing when to go ham or not. So i think WV are a good example of a class suited more for experienced players. If you know what you are doing than you can reap the rewards.

Schepel #20 Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:11 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 66413 battles

Learn to play? The problem isn't that people need to learn to aim, but the sad fact that WG is unable to eliminate (significant) server lag. Add RNG (shot dispersion) and WV can turn into nearly invincible machines that can decide games without any skill whatsoever on the part of the WV driver. Of course, for every game where these things get to drive on and on despite a hail of fire, there is on where they get elimated within seconds. The difference? The amount of server side lag. (Don't believe me? Enable the server side reticle. You will see how much matters differ from one game to the next. This makes leading fast vehicles much more tricky than it really is or should be.)

IMHO, they don't necessarily need to be nerfed, but wheels should be part of the hit box and/or a destroyed wheel should stop the thing on the spot. Tanks can move without tracks IRL, but they get stopped on the spot as well. I fail to see why WV should be any different. Remove auto aim as a feature fro mthe game entirely. No need for a silly crutch. Give them a bit more hp to compensate.  

Also tagged with wheeled vehicles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users