Jump to content


WG bias against tank destroyers


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

25gorowins25 #1 Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:15 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1460 battles
  • 121
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011
I have had some amazing results this week with my FCM36Pak40. WG do not seem to release many premium tank destroyers. There are no premium tank destroyers at tier 4 - which is a very popular tier for non-elitist normal players . When will WG stop pandering to the minority.

Lanrefni #2 Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:23 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 34777 battles
  • 5,124
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012
well its a crappy td with tier 10 viewrange, which supports redline gameplay. Feel proud?

barison1 #3 Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:27 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 44531 battles
  • 2,474
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012
just get a su76i, fits your elitist statpadding

Lanrefni #4 Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:28 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 34777 battles
  • 5,124
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View Postbarison1, on 17 November 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

just get a su76i, fits your elitist statpadding

even worse



PointZero #5 Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:29 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 46858 battles
  • 1,315
  • Member since:
    02-03-2011

View Post25gorowins25, on 17 November 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

WG do not seem to release many premium tank destroyers.  When will WG stop pandering to the minority.

 

  • Tier III 2/9
  • Tier V 3/13
  • Tier VI 4/15
  • Tier VII 7/18
  • Tier VIII 12/24

28 TD's to choose from all in the range that still make credits, oh the horror and pandering

 



Xandania #6 Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:29 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44057 battles
  • 1,783
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013

View Post25gorowins25, on 17 November 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

I have had some amazing results this week with my FCM36Pak40. WG do not seem to release many premium tank destroyers. There are no premium tank destroyers at tier 4 - which is a very popular tier for sealclubbers . When will WG stop pandering to the minority.

 

We can just hope that the few newer players that stumble into this game will not meet FCM Pak40s in their first hundred games as that tanks camo values and viewrange is from a completely different time - and it can be extremely devastating on mines. Luckily it is sort of alone in this area as overpowered premium . maybe we could count the armored box of goldspam as well, but due to the costs of the shells you see them rarely at all.

 



SiliconSidewinder #7 Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:30 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 29102 battles
  • 8,668
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012

1: Skorpion G is the most popular premium tank of the last years buddy.

 

2: overall WG isn't relasing many premiumtanks beneath tier VIII anymore

 

3: there are many many very good tank destroyers on tier III-VI that all make money so why would you need a prem in the first place?

 



Bordhaw #8 Posted 17 November 2019 - 12:25 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 15308 battles
  • 5,225
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View Post25gorowins25, on 17 November 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

 WG do not seem to release many premium tank destroyers. 

 



Lanrefni #9 Posted 17 November 2019 - 12:25 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 34777 battles
  • 5,124
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View PostXandania, on 17 November 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

 

We can just hope that the few newer players that stumble into this game will not meet FCM Pak40s in their first hundred games as that tanks camo values and viewrange is from a completely different time - and it can be extremely devastating on mines. Luckily it is sort of alone in this area as overpowered premium . maybe we could count the armored box of goldspam as well, but due to the costs of the shells you see them rarely at all.

 

worse than Großtraktor



Head_has_Exploded #10 Posted 17 November 2019 - 12:29 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 423 battles
  • 40
  • Member since:
    10-01-2019
Would I be in the minority asking what is the correct way to play an AT15a?

Slyspy #11 Posted 17 November 2019 - 01:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14711 battles
  • 17,479
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostFarQ2, on 17 November 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

Would I be in the minority asking what is the correct way to play an AT15a?

 

Minority? No. Wrong thread? Yes. :P



25gorowins25 #12 Posted 17 November 2019 - 02:16 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1460 battles
  • 121
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011

View PostPointZero, on 17 November 2019 - 11:29 AM, said:

 

  • Tier III 2/9
  • Tier V 3/13
  • Tier VI 4/15
  • Tier VII 7/18
  • Tier VIII 12/24

28 TD's to choose from all in the range that still make credits, oh the horror and pandering

 

 

I see that during my holiday, reading remains a challenge for some on the forum - 'There are no premium tank destroyers at tier 4'

 

Yesterday, I was trying to enjoy my T40 and I was spotted by a premium T15 light tank I couldn't spot. I was in a bush with my net. That is not fair, and is WG kicking me in the nethers.

 

Why do elitists get OP light tanks at tier 3 in the tech tree, to go sealclubbing. But normal players are denied premium TD's at the same tiers.


Edited by 25gorowins25, 17 November 2019 - 02:16 PM.


Richthoffen #13 Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:01 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 30606 battles
  • 2,659
  • [MS-] MS-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2011

elitist don't play low tiers, those tiers are for new players to learn the game (like you) and grinding a new line where 1-5 tiers are mostly a couple of games

 



Spurtung #14 Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:55 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 75074 battles
  • 6,864
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Post25gorowins25, on 17 November 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

I have had some amazing results this week with my FCM36Pak40. WG do not seem to release many premium tank destroyers. There are no premium tank destroyers at tier 4 - which is a very popular tier for non-elitist normal players . When will WG stop pandering to the minority.

 

Wow.



BR33K1_PAWAH #15 Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:58 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7664 battles
  • 1,732
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    04-11-2018

110% worth of qpranger like, this thread.

 

20:00 Added after 2 minute

View PostFarQ2, on 17 November 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

Would I be in the minority asking what is the correct way to play an AT15a?

Help your heavies, hug a corner, hide your rangefinder behind a wall and look at the minimap.



Erwin_Von_Braun #16 Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:12 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 43253 battles
  • 6,490
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostRichthoffen, on 17 November 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

elitist don't play low tiers, those tiers are for new players to learn the game (like you) and grinding a new line where 1-5 tiers are mostly a couple of games

 

They most certainly do play the lower tiers.

Play a dozen, or so matches at tiers III to V & check the players after the game - I think you'll be surprised how many there are.



Balc0ra #17 Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:36 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 74388 battles
  • 21,281
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Post25gorowins25, on 17 November 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

 

I see that during my holiday, reading remains a challenge for some on the forum - 'There are no premium tank destroyers at tier 4'

 

There are only 5 tier 4 premiums in total, 1 light, 1 HT and 3 meds. Only one of them is sold constantly via the tech tree. One is a collectors edition tank, the other 3 are in the store now and then. And since not so many run to the store to buy them vs a tier III or V. You won't see more of them soon I suspect.

 

View Post25gorowins25, on 17 November 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

Yesterday, I was trying to enjoy my T40 and I was spotted by a premium T15 light tank I couldn't spot. I was in a bush with my net. That is not fair, and is WG kicking me in the nethers.

 

Like the Pak40 your T40 won't spot either. T15 is a pre-nerf LT. Just like the Pak40 is a pre TD view range and camo nerf TD with 400m base view range. Your T40 has 310m base, as it's a post nerf TD. Why? WG don't nerf premiums. So the meta they enter is the meta they stay in. And vs a T15 with 400m view range with optics and 32% camo with a camo net. He needs to be fairly close even in the open for you to spot it if your view range still lingers at 300m. Even less so if he uses the magic of a double bush. Then even a T95 can hide from you.



Richthoffen #18 Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:18 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 30606 battles
  • 2,659
  • [MS-] MS-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2011

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 17 November 2019 - 09:12 PM, said:

They most certainly do play the lower tiers.

Play a dozen, or so matches at tiers III to V & check the players after the game - I think you'll be surprised how many there are.

seal clubbers with 5k games in an overpowered tier 3 are hardly elitists, people who have to stick to low tiers to inflate their e-peen.

fyi I have a PAK and play it 1 game a evening around 9 with 2 others as we platoon every evening an we all have one



Erwin_Von_Braun #19 Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:24 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 43253 battles
  • 6,490
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostRichthoffen, on 18 November 2019 - 07:18 AM, said:

seal clubbers with 5k games in an overpowered tier 3 are hardly elitists, people who have to stick to low tiers to inflate their e-peen.

fyi I have a PAK and play it 1 game a evening around 9 with 2 others as we platoon every evening an we all have one

As long as fun is had, that should be all that matters.

If you fancy a challenge - try the rather splendid Pz1c any time after midnight - I guarantee you will get challenging games.:)



Mr_Bator #20 Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:56 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1627 battles
  • 108
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    04-12-2015

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 18 November 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

As long as fun is had, that should be all that matters.

Always knew we had something in common. :D






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users